Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Snowparrot wrote:
ejr wrote:
Snowparrot wrote:
ejr wrote:
Snowparrot wrote:Eighteen days, pholks.... are we excited yet? [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
And do we know what the parking lot plans are for everyone???
I plan to be in the parking lot!

I'd like to bring something this time, because usually I just mooch, and apart from the first time, that hasn't fed me very well....

Trouble is, I'm coming from Canada by plane.... Maybe a bottle of Screech?
And though I am essentially "Home", I am staying in Bedford Park for 3 days, so I really won't have any food with me either.
Sounds like we're going shopping, dear roommate!
Yep-in our spare time!!!
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

narnianelf
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by narnianelf »

ejr wrote:
Snowparrot wrote:Eighteen days, pholks.... are we excited yet? [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
My parking lot plans are to be there, along with my husband and parents. How do I find everyone? I had a hard time with that part last year.

I'll probably just take the easy way out and make a bunch of Jello shots. They're easy to transport and can be traded for pretty much anything. If I'm really motivated, I'll do some pina colada & margarita cupcakes or some other cutesy baked goodies.
Image Image

STL PARROTHEAD
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 15
Location: packing up 'Louie's Backyard' and heading to a concert near you!

Post by STL PARROTHEAD »

I'll be bringing along the black bean and corn salsa again!!!

:P :P :P
ImageImage

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

narnianelf wrote:
ejr wrote:
My parking lot plans are to be there, along with my husband and parents. How do I find everyone? I had a hard time with that part last year.

I'll probably just take the easy way out and make a bunch of Jello shots. They're easy to transport and can be traded for pretty much anything. If I'm really motivated, I'll do some pina colada & margarita cupcakes or some other cutesy baked goodies.
It helps if you add your name to the cellphone list-that way you can call folks to find out where they are in the parking lot :D
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"

parrotthd4evr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, Pina Colada

Post by parrotthd4evr »

Is thare a certain lot everyone is going to try and use? I see they have 3, 2 big lots and one smaller. My wife and I are going to be by ourselves so we are excited to meet new people. We usually bring a big group and do not get the chance to meet too many new people.

Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

Okay people, this is my latest idea :roll: : since I'm staying in Chicago Sunday night (where? TBD), perhaps I should go see Neil Diamond :oops: , whom I also hold dear, although I know some people think he's pretty corny... :oops:
Anyone want to come with me? I haven't bought tickets et, but I see there are some available.

Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Snowparrot »

Well, don't all jump up at once, eh?

irishcajunphan
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On!
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by irishcajunphan »

Snowparrot wrote:Okay people, this is my latest idea :roll: : since I'm staying in Chicago Sunday night (where? TBD), perhaps I should go see Neil Diamond :oops: , whom I also hold dear, although I know some people think he's pretty corny... :oops:
Anyone want to come with me? I haven't bought tickets et, but I see there are some available.
DAMB!!! I love Neil, but I have to leave Sunday morning. :(
GEAUX SAINTS!!! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Snowparrot »

irishcajunphan wrote:
Snowparrot wrote:Okay people, this is my latest idea :roll: : since I'm staying in Chicago Sunday night (where? TBD), perhaps I should go see Neil Diamond :oops: , whom I also hold dear, although I know some people think he's pretty corny... :oops:
Are you Sure about that? :wink:

irishcajunphan
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On!
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by irishcajunphan »

Snowparrot wrote:
irishcajunphan wrote:
Positive! I have to be back at work and functional Monday. :(
GEAUX SAINTS!!! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!

ComeMondayBirdman
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Seagram 7 N 7 Up

Post by ComeMondayBirdman »

I would love to see Neil Diamond also, but Sunday morning after Jimmy, me and the family are making a trek up to the "cheddar curtain" for a couple of days in Milwuakee. We'll be tailgating and going to the Cubs game at Miller Park Monday night. Thank God I took the rest of the week off. I'll need it to recuperate! [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=cool.gif] [smilie=cool.gif]

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by gingerbreadman »

Snowparrot wrote:
irishcajunphan wrote:
M & MM says cool! But I reminded her that we have to leave Sunday evening...

Target and Wal-Mart are probably the best places to find the "supplies" to throw onto the stage! :lol:
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

I would have been interested, but my brother is coming into town on Thursday, and leaving Monday, which, given all my Buffett plans, leaves Sunday night as the only time to get together with him. And there is no way in he** that he would ever go to see Neil Diamond :D

mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Just one? . . . Bastards!
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer and things with Sailor Jerry

Post by mjeischen »

I know a great place to hang out in the parking lot . . . It's called the Parrot-Dice Lounge . . . Live Open Mic type music setting with a prize wheel that makes people do embarassing things . . . . there's even 2000+ lbs of sand to wiggle your toes in . . . .

Thats where I'll be anyway and without me there at the lounge . . . well then we have nothing . . .
The Parrot Dice Lounge kinda like a mirage. Here today and gone tomorrow. You should stop by and say hello when visiting Chicago on tour.

magnus & Mr Moon
Behind Door #3

Post by magnus & Mr Moon »

mjeischen wrote:I know a great place to hang out in the parking lot . . . It's called the Parrot-Dice Lounge . . . Live Open Mic type music setting with a prize wheel that makes people do embarassing things . . . . there's even 2000+ lbs of sand to wiggle your toes in . . . .

Thats where I'll be anyway and without me there at the lounge . . . well then we have nothing . . .
memories.....memories light the corners of my mind....

I think I know of this place.... :wink:
And raccoons brought wine and the mice they brought cheese...

oldmanatee
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitude
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum,Landshark,Corona

Post by oldmanatee »

STL PARROTHEAD wrote:I'll be bringing along the black bean and corn salsa again!!!

:P :P :P
YES! I'll bring some chips :D
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane.

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

mjeischen wrote:I know a great place to hang out in the parking lot . . . It's called the Parrot-Dice Lounge . . . Live Open Mic type music setting with a prize wheel that makes people do embarassing things . . . . there's even 2000+ lbs of sand to wiggle your toes in . . . .

We just all have to find you :D :D

Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

Post by Migration Michelle »

Sounds fun! Maybe I should try it?! :D

ColdWaterConch
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by ColdWaterConch »

Has anyone received their RV parking pass yet?
"Key West trades in on the name 'Hemingway." You can't take a leak without seeing Hemingway this and Hemingway that. And the irony is, if Hemingway were alive today he'd take a blowtorch to Duvall Street." Hiaasen

Nicki
Behind Door #3

Post by Nicki »

Alas, Snowparrot, since I'm only attending the Thursday show and flying home on Friday, I'll miss Neil as well . . .

But what really kills me is missing STL's outstanding salsa, which IMO was the best thing served in the Tinley lot last year . . .