Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Who's going to Detroit, 6-10-08? Page 1 for cell/hotel info!

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Captain Morgan
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It changes weekly...
Number of Concerts: 69
Favorite Boat Drink: Whatever's cold!

Who's going to Detroit, 6-10-08? Page 1 for cell/hotel info!

Post by Captain Morgan » March 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Jimmy Buffett
DTE Energy Music Center - Clarkston, MI
Tue. Jun 10, 2008

I've created a cellphone list for the show that I'll send out around June 3rd to all on the list. If you wish to be added, PM me your:

BN Name
Real Name
Cellphone number
Number of people attending with you
Email address

Who's Going:

Captain Morgan +4
Coconuts & cAsE sEnSiTive
MiWreckDiver +1
Captain Flock
owbishop +1
007PARROTHEAD +7
GumboPirate +3
caly
TikiBrent +11
Dr. Corona
dmartin45840 +5
Defimoff1 +many :lol:
SimplyComplicated +5
KYParrothead <--consider yourself called out...I've got a spare ticket, you can crash at my place...you're going! :P
TomSailedAway +9
Martyritaville & Moe
Michi :pirate:
hemispheredancer05 +2
chippewa +3
jmashell27 +6
Over40ClevePirates +1
Burny Charles +13

6/2/08 Fresh off the presses...

Quick updates:

1) The Monday night event has been moved to the Concorde Inn which is a LOT closer to the host hotels. (see Flyer below)

2) At the Monday night event, joining John Frinzi on stage at 5pm...some harmonica player you may have heard of, Greg 'Fingers' Taylor!!!!!!

3) There is a live concert Saturday night from Raleigh, NC. I'll be at Cheeseburger in Paradise during the day but will most likely be headed back to Casa de Morgan for the live broadcast on Sirius which we can listen to while BBQ'ing and drinking mohitos. Find me at CiP or PM me for details.

4/10/08 This just in...

The Sunday night entertainment is confirmed!!! :D

4/3/08 - For Release...

“THE BEER IS STILL HERE” 2008 Bar Tour
In the great tradition of the “Party at the End of the Bar” the Detroit Parrot Head Club is pleased to announce that, in anticipation of the Mothership landing at Pine Knob on Tuesday June 10th, they will be hosting three, yes we said three, nights of unrivaled excitement.

Just remember “Livers are evil and they must be punished”.

Saturday, June 7th

We will be partying up at Cheeseburger in Paradise in Sterling Heights. There will be live music, Good food and Great friends out on the patio.

Bill has been blackmailed with some pictures he paid to have destroyed and promises us his usual brand of fun and Drink specials and the Entertainment will be flowing. As the arrangements are finalized they will be posted on the DPHC Website.

Stay tuned to the website http://www.detroitparrotheadclub.com/index.php for all the details.

Sunday, June 8th

Do you remember all the great times you had at the Hayloft in Mt. Clemens???????

The bad news is it went out of business. The Good News is it is now The Keys.

The silly people transformed this place into Key West and then asked the Detroit Parrot Head Club

to properly break the place in………………….

ARE THESE PEOPLE CRAZY ?????

This will truly be a night to remember. The owners are being held, in a back room, against their will, by the Detroit Parrot Head Club Swedish Bikini Negotiation Team. They are being forced

to furnish Drink and Food Specials for the entire night. “Damn the consequences”

Mel Boyd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Take no Prisoner Productions, is in the final stages of negotiations with several of the great national acts usually seen at Caribbean Blue & Friends and promises us her famous twist on the best beach bands that can be shamed into performing.

Melanie and her band of marauders and privateers is knee deep in the hoopla, making arrangements for the entire night’s festivities. All the sordid details will, as soon as they are finalized, be posted on the DPHC Website.

Stay tuned to the website for all the details. http://www.detroitparrotheadclub.com/index.php

Monday, June 9th

Fasten your seatbelts……………..….. It’s gonna be a bumpy night.

The Detroit Parrot Head Club is going to take over the Detroit Hard Rock Café to finish the final leg of our 2008 Tour.

Thru Special arrangements with Elvis, Jimi, Janis, John and George we are going to be having a sweet soirée at the Hard Rock Café in downtown Detroit. Help us turn Woodward into Duvall and Campus Martius into Mallory Square.

No word yet on who the Hard Rock will have on hand performing, but anything can and will happen at The Hard Rock Café.

Stay Glued to the DPHC Website for updates. http://www.detroitparrotheadclub.com/index.php

Tuesday June 10th

Forget about Motown to Margaritaville ……………….…Lets talk about Tailgating at Pine Knob.

Forget about Gypsy’s in the Palace……………………They will be a couple of miles north on I-75

The Throb at the Knob is on for 2008 Baby.

Captain Ron is pulling out all the stops, and all the pictures he was supposed to erase, to make this an afternoon straight out of a street scene from Port Royal or the Tortugas.

We will be getting in early at Pine Knob. We will have a Parrot Head Section. We will be Loud and we will be Proud.

The Detroit Parrot Head Club Will Be Stylin and Profylin with their Feathers a Flyin.

Charity Partners for 2008

Sundays charity fundraisers will go toward a playscape at the foot of the Ambassador Bridge to help those children less fortunate than us learn to start Partying with a Purpose

Monday at the HRC will be for the benefit of The Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Children’s Hospital at Detroit Medical Center.

So bring a little something extra each night and help us support them.

Remember…………………..................................……………………It’s for the Kids

Partying with a purpose since 1992.

4/1/08 - Host Hotel Information!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DPHC Chooses Host Hotels for Buffett in Detroit

This year’s events are too big to be contained in one Host Hotel so we have had to expand our waistline to make room for the Buffett Buffet. The Detroit Parrot Head Club has Partnered up with Marriott Courtyard Suites to offer two of their locations for your partying pleasure as the Host Hotels for the June 10th Jimmy Buffett Concert at DTE Energy Theatre.

Chosen for Their proximity to DTE Energy Theater, as well as all of the events the DPHC is planning, Both of these hotels have agreed to set aside a block of block of rooms for the exclusive use of Parrot Heads for the nights of June 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. Special rates are available to those who mention The “Detroit Parrot Head Club” when making their reservations

The Detroit Parrot Head Club is in the final stages of planning for several different Pre-Concert events, over the course of the three days prior to the big event on Tuesday. So keep your eyes posted to the DPHC website: http://www.detroitparrotheadclub.com for updates on both the Jimmy Buffett Concert and Detroit Parrot Head Club Sponsored events as well as all tailgating information at Pine Knob.

If you missed out the last time Jimmy was in Detroit you do not want to make the same mistake again!!

Courtyard Inn – Auburn Hills

Ten (10) Rooms are reserved with Two (2) Double Beds in each room.
Ten (10) Rooms are reserved with One (1) King Bed in each room.
All Twenty (20) Rooms are Non-Smoking.
These rooms are available for $ 70.00 Plus Tax per Each per Night.

Courtyard Inn – Utica

Ten (10) Rooms are reserved with Two (2) Double Beds in each room.
Ten (10) Rooms are reserved with One (1) King Bed in each room.
All Twenty (20) Rooms are Non-Smoking.
These rooms are available for $ 99.00 Plus Tax per Each per Night.

All of the above rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis and must be booked prior to May 20th to ensure the Parrot Head rate.

Do Not Forget to ask for the Detroit Parrot Head Club rate when making your reservation!!

Contact Information:

Courtyard Inn
46000 Utica Park Blvd
Utica, Michigan 48315
Phone: (586) 997-6100
Fax: (586) 997-9880

Courtyard Inn
1296 Opdyke Road
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326
Phone: (248) 373-4100
Fax: (248) 373-1885

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-ph ... oit-utica/ http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-ph ... urn-hills/

3/25/08 - BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is cross posted from the DPHC President's blog on MTP:

'Man I gotta tell ya how busy it is up here in the "D" Our club is busy planning three nights of incredible pre parties! I know we do it the biggest and the best up here! Hell, even Jimmy knows. Our Major Charity for the Monday night event is the Ronald McDonald House. The Monday night party is at a little hole in the wall place someone may have heard of..... The Hard Rock Cafe in Downtown Detroit! They are really a huge supporter of this event. Hope fully very soon, I'll be able to let the entertainment cat out of the bag.
I'll have details for Saturday and Sunday soon........
Oh yeah I forgot Saturday is at Cheeseburger in Paradise, Sterling Heights. The staff rocks, the managers are extra friendly and we'll have a great local band playing......
You know what they say around the country....
"There ain't no party like at Detroit Parrot Head Party, 'cause the Parrot Head parties don't stop!"

STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES!!! 8) 8) 8)

3/21/08 - I am also a member of the Detroit Parrothead Club and will be posting details here as they become available. As of right now, we are planning a 3 day preparty like 2 years ago when Jimmy came through town. This was a not to be missed event especially when Fingers & KD headlined!! 8) 8) 8)[/img][/img]
Last edited by Captain Morgan on June 2, 2008 9:16 am, edited 34 times in total.
2016 Captain Morgan photo ops: Detroit (68), Cincinnati (69)

HULA GIRL^
Hoot!

Post by HULA GIRL^ » March 10, 2008 6:17 pm

this isn't a real date for a Jimmy show,is it?

sarabismom
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: How could you choose??
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by sarabismom » March 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Are you sure? I can't find it on the DTE site or on ticketmaster. Mind you, I am hoping you are correct. The "Keets" have been bugging to go see jimmy.

Captain Morgan
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Captain Morgan » March 10, 2008 6:38 pm

The president of the DPHC called me on my way home from work to let me know we needed to have our club seat request submitted in a few days...so yes, it's on! 8)

...unless he lies! :o :wink:

sarabismom
Southeast of disorder

Post by sarabismom » March 10, 2008 6:42 pm

Outstanding!!!!!!

nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)

Post by nutmeg » March 10, 2008 6:55 pm

Me, Me, Me! (If I can get tickets :roll: )
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/

Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot » March 10, 2008 7:31 pm

I want to, but someone will have to get Canada's Parliament to cooperate and set me free that week!
(Hi Sarabismom!!)

Defimoff1
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Who's going to Detroit?? 6-10-08

Post by Defimoff1 » March 10, 2008 7:58 pm

[quote="Captain Morgan"]Jimmy Buffett

Who's house? My house! :P :P :P

quote]

Now I know where the text message came from.

Captain Morgan
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Captain Morgan » March 10, 2008 8:00 pm

Defimoff1 wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:Jimmy Buffett

quote]

ROFL...that's my personal phone. The other number you have for me is my work cell. They turned the texting off on it to save money...bastards! :roll:

Defimoff1
I Love the Now!

Post by Defimoff1 » March 10, 2008 8:00 pm

Captain Morgan wrote:The president of the DPHC called me on my way home from work to let me know we needed to have our club seat request submitted in a few days...so yes, it's on! 8)

He didn't call me! However, I just got a voicemail from Carrie. :D

Defimoff1
I Love the Now!

Post by Defimoff1 » March 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Captain Morgan wrote:
Defimoff1 wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:Jimmy Buffett

quote]

ROFL...that's my personal phone. The other number you have for me is my work cell. They turned the texting off on it to save money...bastards! :roll:
You came to mind when the message came in, but it didn't come in as a saved number identifying you. I sent a message back asking who it was. The mystery is solved.

Captain Morgan
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Captain Morgan » March 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Defimoff1 wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:The president of the DPHC called me on my way home from work to let me know we needed to have our club seat request submitted in a few days...so yes, it's on! 8)

There ya go...she's in da know! Time to start the pre-party prep 8)

Captain Morgan
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Captain Morgan » March 10, 2008 8:03 pm

Captain Morgan wrote:
Defimoff1 wrote:

There ya go...she's in da know! Time to start the pre-party prep 8)
You gonna need my trailer? :lol:

Defimoff1
I Love the Now!

Post by Defimoff1 » March 10, 2008 8:07 pm

I'll have to check with Jimmy to see what the race schedule looks like. Probably not though cuz he usually only races on the weekends. It'll be interesting to see if getting the rig in will fly this year. The PK staff wasn't too happy with the way the club parked last time and unfortunately they came to me to complain... numerous times.

caly
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: skinny pirate
Location: St. Thomas, but not the one in U.S.V.I....Canada!!!

Post by caly » March 10, 2008 8:20 pm

I am.......can't wait.

Are you taking orders for tickets Captain? [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

Defimoff1
I Love the Now!

Post by Defimoff1 » March 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Just got off the phone with Jim. Here's the scoop. There are 2 events in Chicago around the time of the 17th. They are the weekends before and after the show. Apparently since the events are back to back weekends, the powers that be allow racers to leave their rigs at the track during the week between. Jim is racing both weekends. He says he has always wanted to leave his rig there during that week but his car has never been right enough to make it both weekends without a trip home inbetween. Fortunately for him and unfortunately for us, he has the thing dialed in now. Soooooooooooooo, your rig is sounding pretty inviting. I'll keep you posted for sure.

Defimoff1
I Love the Now!

Post by Defimoff1 » March 10, 2008 8:30 pm

BTW, I still haven't seen the date posted anywhere. I knew it was on though when I ran into my ticket guy at Mac Ray on Friday night. He clued me in.

sarabismom
Southeast of disorder

Post by sarabismom » March 10, 2008 8:41 pm

Hello, Barb. You coming down for this one?

Defimoff1
I Love the Now!

Post by Defimoff1 » March 10, 2008 8:49 pm

LMAO, Geez Kev, I just noticed what a post whore you are! :o

msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 » March 10, 2008 8:56 pm

I'll be there even though I've never got tickets to Pine Knob thru Ticketbastard. Always from someone on BN or a parrotthead in the lot.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist