Who's going to Detroit, 6-10-08? Page 1 for cell/hotel info!

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by msu#1 »

If they spot a open beer they will make you put it in a cup or pour it out right there on the spot. Other than that its pretty laid back
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Things I'd like to see June 10th at Pine Knob!

Nick Lidstrom bringing the 2008 Stanley Cup Trophy onstage for Jimmy to sip from.

Rasheed Wallace coming onstage and GARROTEEING they'll be finishing off the LA Lakers tomorrow night in the 2008 NBA finals. (Why do I get a feeling Sheed gets Jimmy! :wink:

Manager Jim Leyland coming out on stage dressed as a pirate & leading the fins to the right & left for the AL Central leading Detroit Tigers. (Puffing away on a Marlboro cig all the while of course).

Detroit Lion GM Matt Millen coming onstage with Jimmy for "Slow Boat to China" and at the conclusion of the song the word comes down that the Lions REALLY ARE putting Millen on that Slow Boat to China!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
HULA GIRL^
Hoot!

Post by HULA GIRL^ »

still hoping for lawn seats...anyone know of any.
Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts »

Dr.Corona wrote:Manager Jim Leyland coming out on stage dressed as a pirate & leading the fins to the right & left for the AL Central leading Detroit Tigers. (Puffing away on a Marlboro cig all the while of course).
Somehow, I could see Jimmy getting a kick out of that too!! (Just as long as Zumaya doesn't try to do kegstands at the tailgate!)
My ship she has a rudder, but I don’t know where to steer
gpblxbeach
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by gpblxbeach »

Hello to all can't wait to come that way from Tx.
I will be part of SimplyComplicated group I am
her aunt [smilie=hiya.gif]

She is due here on Thurs. for the 2 FFF at Pizza Hut Park
on Sat. to get it all started this summer [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and proclaiming,
“Wow, what a ride!!!”
dmartin45840
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 15

DTE Parking Lot

Post by dmartin45840 »

Hi All...

I dropped customer service a line last week asking what time they would be opening the lots for the show. Here's what I just got back:

"3:00pm and everyone must listen to parking attendents where to park."

Has anyone else heard anything?
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Re: DTE Parking Lot

Post by PetalMel »

dmartin45840 wrote:Hi All...

I dropped customer service a line last week asking what time they would be opening the lots for the show. Here's what I just got back:

heh, isn't that what they all say???? I remember the last go around when some attendant dude tried to get all us rv folks to park right next to each other like cars. Yeah, we said "okay" then proceeded to all pull in every third spot so we could all open our awnings and have room for the tail gate. Funny thing is that there was LOADS of open space for frisbee, hillbilly golf, and all the other fun parrothead things we do. Oh, and they insisted they weren't opening until 3 if I remember correctly.....we were into full tailgate mode at about 2, if my memory serves me well......

They can try their best, but it just won't work. They may as well just give in because we will be there bright and early "convincing" them....

How many more days????? This warm weather has me ancy......
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

SimplyComplicated
I need two more boat drinks

Post by SimplyComplicated »

PetalMel wrote:

heh, isn't that what they all say???? I remember the last go around when some attendant dude tried to get all us rv folks to park right next to each other like cars. Yeah, we said "okay" then proceeded to all pull in every third spot so we could all open our awnings and have room for the tail gate. Funny thing is that there was LOADS of open space for frisbee, hillbilly golf, and all the other fun parrothead things we do. Oh, and they insisted they weren't opening until 3 if I remember correctly.....we were into full tailgate mode at about 2, if my memory serves me well......

They can try their best, but it just won't work. They may as well just give in because we will be there bright and early "convincing" them....

How many more days????? This warm weather has me ancy......
47 more days!! YAY!! only 2 till dallas!!
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

What I don't understand is that the Parking Lot is ALWAYS open to come into when you want to hit the box office. Now I've never been to the lot and tried to start tailgating in the early p.m. hours. If you came into the lot at noon and tried to set up does the P.K. staff come running out and shoo you away or what?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
TikiBrent
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by TikiBrent »

PetalMel wrote: heh, isn't that what they all say???? I remember the last go around when some attendant dude tried to get all us rv folks to park right next to each other like cars. Yeah, we said "okay" then proceeded to all pull in every third spot so we could all open our awnings and have room for the tail gate. Funny thing is that there was LOADS of open space for frisbee, hillbilly golf, and all the other fun parrothead things we do. Oh, and they insisted they weren't opening until 3 if I remember correctly.....we were into full tailgate mode at about 2, if my memory serves me well......
Glad to see some life back in the thread!

I think your memory does serve you well. I do believe my crew showed up about 2:00 - 2:30 area. Didn't have a good setup, but we were learning :)
narnianelf
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by narnianelf »

TikiBrent wrote:
PetalMel wrote: heh, isn't that what they all say???? I remember the last go around when some attendant dude tried to get all us rv folks to park right next to each other like cars. Yeah, we said "okay" then proceeded to all pull in every third spot so we could all open our awnings and have room for the tail gate. Funny thing is that there was LOADS of open space for frisbee, hillbilly golf, and all the other fun parrothead things we do. Oh, and they insisted they weren't opening until 3 if I remember correctly.....we were into full tailgate mode at about 2, if my memory serves me well......

I think your memory does serve you well. I do believe my crew showed up about 2:00 - 2:30 area. Didn't have a good setup, but we were learning :)
I don't know about Detroit, but in Chicago they always try to say we can't get in early either. But I've always been in that lot around 2:00. I don't think they can fight off thousands of parrotheads for long :wench:
Image Image
SimplyComplicated

narnianelf wrote:
TikiBrent wrote:

I don't know about Detroit, but in Chicago they always try to say we can't get in early either. But I've always been in that lot around 2:00. I don't think they can fight off thousands of parrotheads for long :wench:
It works the same way here. We are quite a force to be reckoned with!
SimplyComplicated

46 days!!! :pirate: :wench: :D 8)
Captain Morgan
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It changes weekly...
Number of Concerts: 69
Favorite Boat Drink: Whatever's cold!

Post by Captain Morgan »

SimplyComplicated wrote:46 days!!! :pirate: :wench: :D 8)
c u tomorrow in Dallas! :pirate:
2016 Captain Morgan photo ops: Detroit (68), Cincinnati (69)
SimplyComplicated

Captain Morgan wrote:
YAY!!
We wont be at fox sports too late, so be sure to get there ASAP!! LOL!!! :pirate:
Captain Morgan
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Captain Morgan »

SimplyComplicated wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:
YAY!!
We wont be at fox sports too late, so be sure to get there ASAP!! LOL!!! :pirate:
damn i drunk 8) 8) 8)

no idea when i get anywhere...not even sure how i'm gettin from DFW to my hotel yet :lol:
SimplyComplicated

Captain Morgan wrote:
SimplyComplicated wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:
YAY!!
damn i drunk 8) 8) 8)

no idea when i get anywhere...not even sure how i'm gettin from DFW to my hotel yet :lol:
I'm drunk too, I've been drinking since 7am detroit time...What hotel are you staying a t?
Captain Morgan
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Captain Morgan »

SimplyComplicated wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:
SimplyComplicated wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:
YAY!!
damn i drunk 8) 8) 8)

I'm drunk too, I've been drinking since 7am detroit time...What hotel are you staying a t?
umm...Embassey Suites in Frisco 8) 8) 8)
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

from today's Freep:
Schedules for DTE Energy Music Theatre, Meadow Brook Music Festival and Freedom Hill Amphitheater are being announced today, priming concert fans for one of the most star-powered seasons in recent years, featuring such premium draws as the Police, Jimmy Buffett, Neil Diamond and Bon Jovi.
Won't be long now!
jmashell27

HI!

Post by jmashell27 »

Hi all!!! I'm Jenn and I'm a newbie & very excited to join !!!!
***Jenn***