Who's going to Detroit, 8/13/09? Page 1 for cell list info!

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

gpblxbeach
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Who's going to Detroit, 8/13/09? Page 1 for cell list info!

Post by gpblxbeach »

SimplyComplicated wrote:The Detroit PHC Preparty is going to be a Free Concert at Mr. B's on 22 Mile and Vandyke featuring Carribean Blue and Stars on the Water. The Phun runs from 6:00-12:00 on Wednesday, August 12th. There will also be Door Prizes and 50/50 drawings. The club's "Major Event Coordinator" has a million connections and has been able to get lots of fantastic prizes so it should be a blast.
Here's a link to the DPHC Website with a flyer for the event!
detroitparrotheadclub.com

See you soonnnnnnnnnnn :wench:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and proclaiming,
“Wow, what a ride!!!”
caly
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: skinny pirate
Location: St. Thomas, but not the one in U.S.V.I....Canada!!!

Post by caly »

Hi BN phriends

Not been on here as I am on vacation and they didn't have any internet. Right now we are in Nova Scotia and it is beaftiful. Touring the Cabot Trail tomorrow then off to Halifax. See everyone on the 13 if not before!
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

One freakin' week to go!!!! [smilie=superkewl.gif]
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
narnianelf
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by narnianelf »

My group & I are coming from Monroe. I know last year, we had to take a long detour up 275 (I think it was) because of closings on 75 in Detroit. Could someone please tell me if that's going to be the case this year? Or will we be ok taking 75 the whole way?
Image Image
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 14

Post by Finnsaremorefun »

One seating question for you folks. My 2 seats are in in RT3, Row L which seem real nice. I assume within the first 20 rows. I've sat in the RT section in other venues which sometimes happen to be wayyy too far right for a decent view. Have any of you guys sat in this section near row L?? Any info would be greatly appreciated, or even pics!! Thank you friends! [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
Got a carribean soul I can barely control
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'

narnianelf wrote:My group & I are coming from Monroe. I know last year, we had to take a long detour up 275 (I think it was) because of closings on 75 in Detroit. Could someone please tell me if that's going to be the case this year? Or will we be ok taking 75 the whole way?
75's clear from what I hear, and the last I traveled a month ago...I assume you should be safe. Should be a great time!!! One week away!
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Finnsaremorefun wrote:One seating question for you folks. My 2 seats are in in RT3, Row L which seem real nice. I assume within the first 20 rows. I've sat in the RT section in other venues which sometimes happen to be wayyy too far right for a decent view. Have any of you guys sat in this section near row L?? Any info would be greatly appreciated, or even pics!! Thank you friends! [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
You're gonna be REAL close. The higher your seat number the more centered you are. Seat 1 is the far right, Seat 15 is the furthest centered in your section. Essentially, you'll be maybe 50-60 feet from the stage at worst.

http://www.palacenet.com/2_seating.asp

ENJOY!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
OMiTT
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by OMiTT »

narnianelf wrote:My group & I are coming from Monroe. I know last year, we had to take a long detour up 275 (I think it was) because of closings on 75 in Detroit. Could someone please tell me if that's going to be the case this year? Or will we be ok taking 75 the whole way?
Four days after the show would have been a mess.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 9908050323

But for the 13'th.....Free Sailing!!!!!!!!!!
Diane's got Gumbo Fever,
See everybody a week from today!
Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts »

It's FINALLY open! It reopened, and like two weeks after the tanker explosion closed it at 9 Mile for a week or two! There are lane closures around 14 Mile during the day, but just a couple of lanes at a time.
My ship she has a rudder, but I don’t know where to steer
OMiTT
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by OMiTT »

Coconuts wrote:
It's FINALLY open! It reopened, and like two weeks after the tanker explosion closed it at 9 Mile for a week or two! There are lane closures around 14 Mile during the day, but just a couple of lanes at a time.
All I did was mention Gumbo Fever, and look who turns up!
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'

Does anyone have any word on porta potties?
GumboPirate
License to Chill

Post by GumboPirate »

OMiTT wrote:
Coconuts wrote:
All I did was mention Gumbo Fever, and look who turns up!
mmmmmmm gumbo
ImageImage
narnianelf
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 13

Post by narnianelf »

Coconuts wrote:
Awesome! Thanks to everyone who answered my question. I don't generally venture very far north. We'll probably get there a little later, around 1:00 or 2:00. I'll try to track you all down once we get there.
Image Image
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

OK we'll be heading south that day. Both Tom and I have to work that day :roll: but are hoping to get out around 4:00 It will take us about 1 1/2 hours or so to get there.

Is there a plan for where people will be in the parking lot? I'd hate to miss all of you. (I just printed out the map of the parking that is on DTE's website)

We will miss most of the tailgating, but I'd be glad to bring some dessert!
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
GumboPirate
License to Chill

Post by GumboPirate »

nutmeg wrote:OK we'll be heading south that day. Both Tom and I have to work that day :roll: but are hoping to get out around 4:00 It will take us about 1 1/2 hours or so to get there.

Is there a plan for where people will be in the parking lot? I'd hate to miss all of you. (I just printed out the map of the parking that is on DTE's website)

rum cake???
ImageImage
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Not sure when Im hitting the lot but probably wont be before 4pm. Stoping at Joe's Crab shack for some dinner before hand-mini tradition we started a few years ago.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
Captain Parrot Head
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross & Bama Breeze
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita & DT Coke w/ Mango Tequila

Post by Captain Parrot Head »

gpblxbeach wrote:
SimplyComplicated wrote:The Detroit PHC Preparty is going to be a Free Concert at Mr. B's on 22 Mile and Vandyke featuring Carribean Blue and Stars on the Water. The Phun runs from 6:00-12:00 on Wednesday, August 12th. There will also be Door Prizes and 50/50 drawings. The club's "Major Event Coordinator" has a million connections and has been able to get lots of fantastic prizes so it should be a blast.

When I mapquest the party location it says it is 230 miles from detroit area. Is this true? or am entering the wrong info. We are staying in Grosse pointe woods with family. Seems a little far from the venue.
It's 5 O'clock somewhere and I'm 15 minutes late
ImageImage
Captain Parrot Head
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross & Bama Breeze
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita & DT Coke w/ Mango Tequila

Post by Captain Parrot Head »

gpblxbeach wrote:

When I mapquest the party location it says it is 230 miles from detroit area. Is this true or am I entering the wrong info. We are staying in Grosse pointe woods with family. Seems a little far from the venue.
It's 5 O'clock somewhere and I'm 15 minutes late
ImageImage
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Captain Parrot Head wrote:
gpblxbeach wrote:

When I mapquest the party location it says it is 230 miles from detroit area. Is this true or am I entering the wrong info. We are staying in Grosse pointe woods with family. Seems a little far from the venue.
That is way off, 22 mile is a ways from detroit but more like 23 miles not 230. Yes the mile roads increase by one mile from the center of detroit. Only about 15 miles from Grosse pointe
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
MsOver40Pirate
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
Number of Concerts: 11

Post by MsOver40Pirate »

:lol:
GumboPirate wrote:
nutmeg wrote:OK we'll be heading south that day. Both Tom and I have to work that day :roll: but are hoping to get out around 4:00 It will take us about 1 1/2 hours or so to get there.

rum cake???
hey how about apple pie (just pulling your chain) see you in 5 sleeps :lol:

Summer 2012 Tour
February 4th - Orlando
March 3rd - Louisville
Detroit ??
Chicago ??
Bristow ??