Who's going to Camden, Saturday - 08.07.10?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Just about anything, as long it's in a blue cup.

Re: Who's going to Camden, Saturday - 08.07.10?

Post by Tropic_Al »

Saltx3 wrote:
Tropic_Al wrote:What a great weekend! Tailgate & Buffett, Saturday. Hangover Hangout Party w/Gary PhilipS & Swim Skinny, Sunday afternoon. Then Mac in Avalon Sunday night. I wonder why we're tired.

Thanks to everyone for a great time. Especially Joe & Mary Kay for holding the 1st annual Hangover Party. :D

Thanks Al (and MaryKay) for your wonderful organizational skills! It was an awesome treat for us virgin BNers!!!

Linda
You're welcome! Nothing to it, we're "professional" partiers. 8) Glad you had a good time.
Last edited by Tropic_Al on August 9, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael "Tank" Listowski 05.14.54-09.24.08 RIP
backstreets77
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate\Redemption Song
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Steel Bottom
Location: I left NEPA for the sweetest place on earth Hershey

Post by backstreets77 »

I just wanted to give my thanks for MK for organizing this again with the caravan and all. We got split up from you guys when we hit the lot due to the parking morons who didnt seem to have rhyme or reason on where they were sending cars. I ried to put up a canopy also but was told to take it down. Then they allowed up, but by that point who cares. We had one incident over where we were we I got a dude arrested. Seemed he thought it was ok to play pocket pool at the porto johns. It just stunk to be seperated from you all. I thought the show was pretty good. I enjoyed it and had the best seats Ive ever had for a Buffett show. Well I am officially in N.C. on vacation and im going to relax and regroup and wait for the Labor Day weekend show. I will see some of you at the lube.
Seas in my veins
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of a Son
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer

Post by Seas in my veins »

I lost the frame to my EZ up, Tom and Deb have the roof but I can't remember who/where I put the frame!
JollyMon66
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by JollyMon66 »

Seas in my veins wrote:I lost the frame to my EZ up, Tom and Deb have the roof but I can't remember who/where I put the frame!

Unfortunately our EZ-Up frame broke when we put it up - BUT we lucky enough to have someone steal it while we were at the show. One less thing to bring home :lol:
Image Image Image
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane ...
TongaTam
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: TONGA JUICE!!!

Post by TongaTam »

backstreets77 wrote:I just wanted to give my thanks for MK for organizing this again with the caravan and all. We got split up from you guys when we hit the lot due to the parking morons who didnt seem to have rhyme or reason on where they were sending cars. I ried to put up a canopy also but was told to take it down. Then they allowed up, but by that point who cares. We had one incident over where we were we I got a dude arrested. Seemed he thought it was ok to play pocket pool at the porto johns. It just stunk to be seperated from you all. I thought the show was pretty good. I enjoyed it and had the best seats Ive ever had for a Buffett show. Well I am officially in N.C. on vacation and im going to relax and regroup and wait for the Labor Day weekend show. I will see some of you at the lube.
glad I got to see you guys at the Crown!!! but will definately see you in a few weeks in VA anyways!
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!
brznbeaches
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Carnival World
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by brznbeaches »

Sounds like the consensus is.... Buffett does a great show, anywhere and everywhere, but the tailgate at Camden left a lot to be desired. 11 different parking lots, in one of the worst areas of Camden, no matter what they've done to dress it up. Lots of people looking for an excuse to party (there to see "Buffet", drinking and wearing a lei so that makes me a Ph, right? NOT!).

I will NEVER complain about Nissan/ The Lube again! After 3+ hours of doing less than 20 mph on 95 north thru Maryland, Delaware, NJ and Pa, I paid $25 to park near a 4 story tall trash dump. 11 different lots, $25 a pop to park???!!! With a hi-speed line stop right in front of the entrance, why did I bother driving??? Welcome back to Jersey! SO glad we moved to Virginia before I started HS!

As always a great group of BNers. Old friends and new, love you guys!

Will happily host anytime at the Lube!
Bristow 09.09 LAS 10.09 Camden 08.07.10 PGH0 8.12.10 Bristow 09.04.10 LAS 10.23.10 EYW 11.1-7.10 TPA 04.16.11 Frisco 05.21.11 PGH 06.21.11 BristowBOYCOTT/HURRICANE Paris 09.26.11 EYW 11.4.11 TPA 3.30.12 PGH 6.28.12 Bristow 9.1.12 ...??? Bristow 8.16.14 Bristow 6.20.15 Camden 8.17.17
JimChunk
Favorite Buffett Song: GYPSIES IN THE PALACE
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: MOJITO!!!!

Post by JimChunk »

docandjeanie wrote:
ParrotheadLawyer wrote:Great concert but yes the heat was bad a poor girl passed out from heat exhaustion next to us but luckily the medics were called and arrived quickly to rush her to the hospital as she fell on her face. Some other Parrotheads took care of her.

Who was the family that was brought on stage?

I will be there again on Tues and hopefully will be able to meet up with some of you guys.
That was our friend Kim.... she's okay, but 12 stitches in bottom lip and 3 in upper lip and chipped her tooth and may have injured her hand, very sore and swollen today.... Thank god she is okay.

If you would have walked straight ahead in the next lot #11 you would have ran into a lot of the BNer's.

Had a fantastic day yesterday, the heat was a bit much... seriously. It was great seeing old friends and meeting new friends... Great concert, but Doc and I had to split up inside the show... :( Thanks BlackJack and MaryKay for all your hard work with the tailgate and planning. Sorry, we are laying low today, the heat took a toll on me, too.

My regrets for the day...
1. Never gave Santa a hug (Wayne, I never saw you at the tailgate)
2. Never made it to BJ's and MaryKay's tent, I bet that food was yummy
3. Never said hi to Mick
4. Never had Jack sign his book
5. Never made it to Tonga Tam's deck
6. Never made it to Jimmy & Jimmy's and the Mango Men and DJ Jeff Allen
7. Never saw Jack (poconomon)
8. Never made it to the Spain's RV
9. Never made the BN photo at 3PM :(

Some of us get to do it all over again on Tuesday... maybe I can try again to fix some of this... :(

Just relaxing today, sorry Joe and MaryKay :(
Sorry docandjeanie, I was looking for you in our parking lot and couldn't quite pull myself away from the Shooters For Hooters booth! Since you didn't get the chance to see Jimmy and Jimmy play, you also missed our daughter singing "One Particular Harbor" with them. It was a great day, and one of the best set lists that I can recall! Glad you enjoyed yourselves! See ya next time!
So bless me father, yes I have sinned.
Given the chance I'll probably do it again
I don't need absolution
Just a simple solution will do.
docandjeanie
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Post by docandjeanie »

Ohhh, I would have loved to see that :( Sorry, we missed seeing you as well, the heat really got to me, I stayed really local to our tailgate the whole day...

It was still a great concert, the parking left a lot to be desired, shame we all got split up. I'll do it all again Tuesday, see everyone who is going Tuesday. What a great group of people to hang out and party with. YOU ALL ROCK!!!
ImageImageImage
JimChunk
Favorite Buffett Song: GYPSIES IN THE PALACE
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: MOJITO!!!!

Post by JimChunk »

we didn't travel too far from our site either, like you said, it was HOT HOT HOT! (maybe you didn't say it that way, but I know you meant to!) We didn't get any flack from the police about canopies, must just have been in your parking lot? We had a blast though! Just wondering how the guy got a huge canister of Liquid Nitrogen into the lot to make the awesome frozen drinks? I am rambling, sorry. But I'm glad you had a good time!
So bless me father, yes I have sinned.
Given the chance I'll probably do it again
I don't need absolution
Just a simple solution will do.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

TongaTam wrote:
backstreets77 wrote:I just wanted to give my thanks for MK for organizing this again with the caravan and all. We got split up from you guys when we hit the lot due to the parking morons who didnt seem to have rhyme or reason on where they were sending cars. I ried to put up a canopy also but was told to take it down. Then they allowed up, but by that point who cares. We had one incident over where we were we I got a dude arrested. Seemed he thought it was ok to play pocket pool at the porto johns. It just stunk to be seperated from you all. I thought the show was pretty good. I enjoyed it and had the best seats Ive ever had for a Buffett show. Well I am officially in N.C. on vacation and im going to relax and regroup and wait for the Labor Day weekend show. I will see some of you at the lube.
glad I got to see you guys at the Crown!!! but will definately see you in a few weeks in VA anyways!
Hey Tam -- since we got on your deck but somehow FORGOT TO TASTE THE TONGA JUICE perhaps we can get some in VA :)..at least we got to autograph the tiki bar roof!

Linda & Kevin
Saltx3 & PA Parrot
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
beachbum13
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by beachbum13 »

brznbeaches wrote:Sounds like the consensus is.... Buffett does a great show, anywhere and everywhere, but the tailgate at Camden left a lot to be desired. 11 different parking lots, in one of the worst areas of Camden, no matter what they've done to dress it up. Lots of people looking for an excuse to party (there to see "Buffet", drinking and wearing a lei so that makes me a Ph, right? NOT!).

I will NEVER complain about Nissan/ The Lube again! After 3+ hours of doing less than 20 mph on 95 north thru Maryland, Delaware, NJ and Pa, I paid $25 to park near a 4 story tall trash dump. 11 different lots, $25 a pop to park???!!! With a hi-speed line stop right in front of the entrance, why did I bother driving??? Welcome back to Jersey! SO glad we moved to Virginia before I started HS!

.... in one of the worst areas of Camden?????

No No No... Not by a long shot!!!

And I think the train that drops you off and pick you at the front door is great!!! Wish more people used it!

I hate Camden too but for different reasons... The location right on the river is awesome. The location of lots a mile from the venue... not so great. That venue has such potenial!! First they need to change the way they approach problems. It's not a "user friendly" town.

Summer 2017-
August 17 ~ Jimmy Buffett, BB&T
August 25 - Jason Aldean/Chris Young, BB&T
Kasey Chambers, City Winery NYC & World Café Philly
Deirks Bentley/Cole Swindel - PNC

TongaTam
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: TONGA JUICE!!!

Post by TongaTam »

Saltx3 wrote:
TongaTam wrote:
Hey Tam -- since we got on your deck but somehow FORGOT TO TASTE THE TONGA JUICE perhaps we can get some in VA :)..at least we got to autograph the tiki bar roof!

Linda & Kevin
Saltx3 & PA Parrot
now how in the world did you let that happen?!?! I'll be sure to have a few batches on hand at the VA show just for you! :-) Woohoo!!
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!
IrishPirate
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

My consensus is all in all, it was a fabulous day!!!!Great friends, great food and great entertainment, what more can you ask for???? There are 11 large parking lots which means PLENTY of parking for everyone!!!! There isn't much we can do about the vagrancy in Camden, or anywhere else in the USA apparently! I'm sorry for the people who encountered those who are so much less fortunate than we are, financially as well ethically. I've been to Great Woods, Jones Beach, Nissan, and Tampa and Camden still ranks in my top 2. We have plenty of room to move around and setup camp, we're not packed like sardines and the police and EMT's have access to anyone having problems. And you don't have to lug all your stuff through the parking lot to another area to setup camp only to break it down and lug it back to your car. :x The Venue is beautiful and the city of Camden is struggling to improve itself and trust me it has made great strides in that improvement. If you didn't have a good time I'm sorry we didn't live up to your expectations! :-? I'll be back tomorrow and next year and the year after that and the year after that. . . . . . .
docandjeanie
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Post by docandjeanie »

IrishPirate wrote:My consensus is all in all, it was a fabulous day!!!!Great friends, great food and great entertainment, what more can you ask for???? There are 11 large parking lots which means PLENTY of parking for everyone!!!! There isn't much we can do about the vagrancy in Camden, or anywhere else in the USA apparently! I'm sorry for the people who encountered those who are so much less fortunate than we are, financially as well ethically. I've been to Great Woods, Jones Beach, Nissan, and Tampa and Camden still ranks in my top 2. We have plenty of room to move around and setup camp, we're not packed like sardines and the police and EMT's have access to anyone having problems. And you don't have to lug all your stuff through the parking lot to another area to setup camp only to break it down and lug it back to your car. :x The Venue is beautiful and the city of Camden is struggling to improve itself and trust me it has made great strides in that improvement. If you didn't have a good time I'm sorry we didn't live up to your expectations! :-? I'll be back tomorrow and next year and the year after that and the year after that. . . . . . .
Amen!!! me too :) :) :)
ImageImageImage
Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Just about anything, as long it's in a blue cup.

Post by Tropic_Al »

docandjeanie wrote:
IrishPirate wrote:My consensus is all in all, it was a fabulous day!!!!Great friends, great food and great entertainment, what more can you ask for???? There are 11 large parking lots which means PLENTY of parking for everyone!!!! There isn't much we can do about the vagrancy in Camden, or anywhere else in the USA apparently! I'm sorry for the people who encountered those who are so much less fortunate than we are, financially as well ethically. I've been to Great Woods, Jones Beach, Nissan, and Tampa and Camden still ranks in my top 2. We have plenty of room to move around and setup camp, we're not packed like sardines and the police and EMT's have access to anyone having problems. And you don't have to lug all your stuff through the parking lot to another area to setup camp only to break it down and lug it back to your car. :x The Venue is beautiful and the city of Camden is struggling to improve itself and trust me it has made great strides in that improvement. If you didn't have a good time I'm sorry we didn't live up to your expectations! :-? I'll be back tomorrow and next year and the year after that and the year after that. . . . . . .
Amen!!! me too :) :) :)
It is what you make it. As the Sauce Boss says "It's all good" 8)
Michael "Tank" Listowski 05.14.54-09.24.08 RIP
missingthebeach
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Autour du Rocher
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Blue Whale

Post by missingthebeach »

Here's a picture from Sunday at the Phillies/Mets game: The Phanatic dancing to "Fins":

And one of me in "enemy territory". We had a blast, I love the stadium, loved the liberty bell (even though it swung and gonged three times, boo!) and what can I say about the Phanatic? He needs to give Mr. Met some comedy lessons!

Image ImageImageImage
thebeachbumm33
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by thebeachbumm33 »

missingthebeach wrote:Here's a picture from Sunday at the Phillies/Mets game: The Phanatic dancing to "Fins":

And one of me in "enemy territory". We had a blast, I love the stadium, loved the liberty bell (even though it swung and gonged three times, boo!) and what can I say about the Phanatic? He needs to give Mr. Met some comedy lessons!

So glad you had a great time 8) 8) Many people don't realize how much this area actually has to offer, it's a hoot when the Phanatic gets on stage with Jimmy, I've seen it a few times, now somebody tell me when :wink: :pirate:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do So throw off the bowlines Sail away from the safe harbor Catch the trade winds in your sails Explore Dream Discover
thebeachbumm33
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by thebeachbumm33 »

brznbeaches wrote:Sounds like the consensus is.... Buffett does a great show, anywhere and everywhere, but the tailgate at Camden left a lot to be desired. 11 different parking lots, in one of the worst areas of Camden, no matter what they've done to dress it up. Lots of people looking for an excuse to party (there to see "Buffet", drinking and wearing a lei so that makes me a Ph, right? NOT!).

Do you know where I95 starts in NJ? Sounds to me like you got lost.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do So throw off the bowlines Sail away from the safe harbor Catch the trade winds in your sails Explore Dream Discover
IrishPirate
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

thebeachbumm33 wrote:

THAT would explain that consensus!
brznbeaches
Favorite Buffett Song: Carnival World

Post by brznbeaches »

thebeachbumm33 wrote:

The GPS and Mapuquest both showed the drive at 2 hours, so I thought leaving from Baltimore at 1 would be okay, still give me some time at the tailgate. Traffic started crawling at Aberdeen, and never got over 20 mph, even though there were no accidents and I never heard a word on any of the radio stations. This is normal? When I got close to the Del Mem Bridge, I saw that traffic continued to crawl going that way, so I headed up 95 on the west side of the river and crossed over from Philly (which bridge is it, just south of the Ben Franklin?). Things moved fine on 130 until I got off at 5A and spent another hour crawling. If I had known, I would have parked at a train and ridden in. Especially when they added insult to injury by charging for parking ( it's included at Nissan/Lube after 2 pm). Not the best way to start off a party!
Lesson(s) learned. I did enjoy the time I spent with the BNers in Lot 11, and really appreciated that they have a place to check in stuff you don't want to carry into the show with you. Love that you don't need a car to get there. Did enjoy getting back to my roots, if only for a day, and remembering the good stuff (can you say Panzarotti's? Went to school with the Tarantini kids!)

Don't know if I'll be back to that venue- but I know how to do it better if I do go!
Bristow 09.09 LAS 10.09 Camden 08.07.10 PGH0 8.12.10 Bristow 09.04.10 LAS 10.23.10 EYW 11.1-7.10 TPA 04.16.11 Frisco 05.21.11 PGH 06.21.11 BristowBOYCOTT/HURRICANE Paris 09.26.11 EYW 11.4.11 TPA 3.30.12 PGH 6.28.12 Bristow 9.1.12 ...??? Bristow 8.16.14 Bristow 6.20.15 Camden 8.17.17