Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Re: Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Post by Wino you know »

Bottom line for me is, I'M GOING.
If it rains, well, I guess I'll get wet.
I've been wet before.
maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

Wino you know wrote:Bottom line for me is, I'M GOING.
I've been wet before.
That's what she said.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

Yeah, I think I remember that. We were both out celebrating because Eisenhower won the election.
C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

I'm gonna keep it simple today...MoTM starts in....

ImageImage

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

Slept about 5 hours last night.........Christmas is coming!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
alaura1974
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day!
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum, Pama in diet squirt

Post by alaura1974 »

Wino you know wrote:Bottom line for me is, I'M GOING.
I've been wet before.

good point....
Carolinadreamin'

- Most models forecast Rina to significantly weaken while moving eastward toward Cuba or southern Florida later this week or this weekend, while some forecast it to dissipate over Yucatan; only one model currently forecasts a hurricane to reach southern Florida, and this scenario appears unlikely due to increasing wind shear later this week
- Those in southern Florida should closely monitor Rina since the long-range forecast is very uncertain and impacts there such as tropical storm conditions are slightly possible

[smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] Small happy dancing! Sorry Mexico - You're going to need to take one for the team. :pirate:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:- Most models forecast Rina to significantly weaken while moving eastward toward Cuba or southern Florida later this week or this weekend, while some forecast it to dissipate over Yucatan; only one model currently forecasts a hurricane to reach southern Florida, and this scenario appears unlikely due to increasing wind shear later this week
- Those in southern Florida should closely monitor Rina since the long-range forecast is very uncertain and impacts there such as tropical storm conditions are slightly possible

[smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] Small happy dancing! Sorry Mexico - You're going to need to take one for the team. :pirate:

I talked to "Ambition at Bay" last night, he lives on the gulf coast and he said the local news said it will even be a few days before they have an idea of whats going to happen but that forecast you posted sounds positive. The only adjustment Russ is making to his plans is he'll be driving his jeep instead of his motorcycle - so the natives aren't worried. :D
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

[smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif]

6 days until Halloween.

Debbie
maufro
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: Life Is Just a Tire Swing
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: K1

Post by maufro »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:- Most models forecast Rina to significantly weaken while moving eastward toward Cuba or southern Florida later this week or this weekend, while some forecast it to dissipate over Yucatan; only one model currently forecasts a hurricane to reach southern Florida, and this scenario appears unlikely due to increasing wind shear later this week

tickets - check
reservations - check
pack bag - check
contact list - check
entertainment list - check
BOARD UP THE HOUSE FOR mauRINA - :o :o :o :o :o
"Integrity is the essence of everything successful"
R. Buckminster Fuller
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:

I talked to "Ambition at Bay" last night, he lives on the gulf coast and he said the local news said it will even be a few days before they have an idea of whats going to happen but that forecast you posted sounds positive. The only adjustment Russ is making to his plans is he'll be driving his jeep instead of his motorcycle - so the natives aren't worried. :D
i was looking at computer models.....i have no idea what direction it will go....usually i can read these things and see a path......i'm guessing it's going towards Mexico!!.....but , in one week i'll be on a plane!!
momsrule27
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita!

Post by momsrule27 »

TommyBahama wrote:
momsrule27 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
popcornjack wrote:60% chance of rain on November 1st, the rest of the ten day forecast is 30% at the most, and trust me, every day down here has a 30% chance. (And if you don't like my info, blame the Weather Channel app on my phone.)
i think that made my choice of cars for the trip down easier.....no convertible!!!
I always rent an economy then if the weather is nice I take my chances and try to upgrade at the terminal. Glad I did that again this time!
i have a mid-size , due there is 4 of us.....convertible would be tough with 4 and luggage , the old sebrings were great ( i have one myself) , a lot of trunk room with the top down , the newer ones have no trunk space , mustangs are tight ,solaras where pretty good , but i'm not sure they make those anymore
I actually just changed the other day to a Ford Escape because I got an email with a rate that was lower than the economy we rented. We are coming down Tues and leaving Sun evening and we got $239 including all fees. I thought we would have a better view of the water and if we went for the convertible it wasn't that much more of a class upgrade. Last time we rented a Sebring and the engine blew on I95 in Miami! Thank goodness we left plenty of time and after ranting they were able to get another rental to us and we made our flight. :D
Ciao!
Char

--------------------

MOTM 2011, 2009, 2008, 2005
karat
Lester Polyester
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Post by karat »

8)
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
momsrule27
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita!

Post by momsrule27 »

ScarletB wrote:

As long as the plane gets me there I really am not too concerned....I will not melt in the rain and it will just make for a better story!
Ciao!
Char

--------------------

MOTM 2011, 2009, 2008, 2005
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

momsrule27 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
momsrule27 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
popcornjack wrote:60% chance of rain on November 1st, the rest of the ten day forecast is 30% at the most, and trust me, every day down here has a 30% chance. (And if you don't like my info, blame the Weather Channel app on my phone.)
i think that made my choice of cars for the trip down easier.....no convertible!!!
I always rent an economy then if the weather is nice I take my chances and try to upgrade at the terminal. Glad I did that again this time!
i have a mid-size , due there is 4 of us.....convertible would be tough with 4 and luggage , the old sebrings were great ( i have one myself) , a lot of trunk room with the top down , the newer ones have no trunk space , mustangs are tight ,solaras where pretty good , but i'm not sure they make those anymore
I actually just changed the other day to a Ford Escape because I got an email with a rate that was lower than the economy we rented. We are coming down Tues and leaving Sun evening and we got $239 including all fees. I thought we would have a better view of the water and if we went for the convertible it wasn't that much more of a class upgrade. Last time we rented a Sebring and the engine blew on I95 in Miami! Thank goodness we left plenty of time and after ranting they were able to get another rental to us and we made our flight. :D
i pick up my car in Ft Lauderdale Tuesday ,and drop off in KW on Wednsday 78.00 .....then i pick up in KW on Sunday and return Sunday in Ft Lauderdale 38.00.....i don't need a car down there......I booked mine through AVIS with the MOTM discount.
Carolinadreamin'

My husband said something so profound last night after he came home from his "12 hour no lunch" work day..........a hurricane day in Key West will ALWAYS be better than any day in the Pentagon! :lol: :D
IrishPirate
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

[smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] I'm friggin FREEZING!!!!!! And today is supposed to be the warm day this week! Friday, it's possible that we will see S*** flurries!!!!!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take rain as long as there are palm trees, green grass, tropical flowers and blue-green water to look at through the drops!!!

6 more days til PARADISE!!!!
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:My husband said something so profound last night after he came home from his "12 hour no lunch" work day..........a hurricane day in Key West will ALWAYS be better than any day in the Pentagon! :lol: :D
I second that emotion only substitute "my office"
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
popcornjack
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Dos Equis

Post by popcornjack »

IrishPirate wrote:[smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] I'm friggin FREEZING!!!!!! And today is supposed to be the warm day this week! Friday, it's possible that we will see S*** flurries!!!!!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take rain as long as there are palm trees, green grass, tropical flowers and blue-green water to look at through the drops!!!

6 more days til PARADISE!!!!
I guess I shouldn't tell you that I have all the windows open and there's a nice gentle breeze blowing through the house, should I? No, that would be cruel of me. I mean, if I'm gonna do that I should just go all the way and say I'm sitting here in shorts and flip flops enjoying a nice spot of rum (Thanks Z-man) before getting ready to go out to Schooner in a couple of hours. While I'm at it, let me pour some lime juice on that paper cut... [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif]
Take me for what I am, a star newly emerging.
I accept the new found man, and I set the twilight reeling.
dewyduster
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by dewyduster »

We're hurricane and heavy rain veterans here in CT this year. A little wind and wet are not a bother (and are preferrable to cold). As long as they let the plane land...
~Len
Been stuck here so long down on zero, I'd just like to make it to one
Image Image