Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:Just received this message....not sure to believe it or not, but thought I'd pass it along.....
Jimmy Buffet will be playing Nov. 4th, 4:00 p.m in front of Margaritaville with The Reefers ! You heard it here first...Gman.
And there's the "special guest" and the reason they changed the schedule around I bet. Although I hope this doesn't mean he won't be playing the Casa on Saturday night - was hoping for a more "private audience" and if this word gets out the crowd will be ridiculous.
i really have to believe thats a rumor.....another take.....if he plays Friday , wouldn't that ruin the surprise on Sat. night. ( if he were to show) .... Isn't there bands scheduled to play at the 4 0'clock slot.
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

TommyBahama wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:Just received this message....not sure to believe it or not, but thought I'd pass it along.....
Jimmy Buffet will be playing Nov. 4th, 4:00 p.m in front of Margaritaville with The Reefers ! You heard it here first...Gman.
And there's the "special guest" and the reason they changed the schedule around I bet. Although I hope this doesn't mean he won't be playing the Casa on Saturday night - was hoping for a more "private audience" and if this word gets out the crowd will be ridiculous.
i really have to believe thats a rumor.....another take.....if he plays Friday , wouldn't that ruin the surprise on Sat. night. ( if he were to show) .... Isn't there bands scheduled to play at the 4 0'clock slot.
The schedule was just changed. But would he play both? I guess he can do whatever he wants to do........ [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
The schedule was just changed. But would he play both? I guess he can do whatever he wants to do........ [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Pretty much. Although it begs the question as to who will sing lead on Saturday night. And you know, the 4-4:30 slot says "Margaritaville presentation" so maybe he's going to give PHIP some money as it's the 20th anniversary. It may not be a performance.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
Would it be fair to the people who paid the 75.00.....i guess not that it matters , but , some people registered, with the rumors he'd be there , since the CRB is playing Sat night....i think a lot wouldn't, if they knew he was playing the streetfest....again this is my opinion!!

Hopefully he does plays both....but, i can see Duval St being packed early, trying to get a spot up front or close to the stage. Same with Sat. at the Casa , especially if he plays Friday!!
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

TommyBahama wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
Would it be fair to the people who paid the 75.00.....i guess not that it matters , but , some people registered, with the rumors he'd be there , since the CRB is playing Sat night....i think a lot wouldn't, if they knew he was playing the streetfest....again this is my opinion!!

Hopefully he does plays both....but, i can see Duval St being packed early, trying to get a spot up front or close to the stage. Same with Sat. at the Casa , especially if he plays Friday!!
I know, my first inclination (and not the one I'll likely follow) is to stay as far away from there as possible but I was already psyched to see Mac and my obsession will probably get the better of me, but it will be a MOB scene. Which is why I think it may just be a rumor, I can't imagine he'd tip his hand that early knowing what an insane crowd it would draw. The crowd would be MUCH more controllable at the Casa and they could take him in and out from that side gate easily.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
Carolinadreamin'

ScarletB wrote:I know, my first inclination (and not the one I'll likely follow) is to stay as far away from there as possible but I was already psyched to see Mac and my obsession will probably get the better of me, but it will be a MOB scene. Which is why I think it may just be a rumor, I can't imagine he'd tip his hand that early knowing what an insane crowd it would draw. The crowd would be MUCH more controllable at the Casa and they could take him in and out from that side gate easily.
I agree Pam....it'll be NUTS! But he's done it before and they could have a car pulled to the back of the stage and he could just hop in and leave Duval. Well even if it's all rumor....it's cold and rainy here in DC and this talk is so much more fun than working..... :lol: :lol:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
ScarletB wrote:I know, my first inclination (and not the one I'll likely follow) is to stay as far away from there as possible but I was already psyched to see Mac and my obsession will probably get the better of me, but it will be a MOB scene. Which is why I think it may just be a rumor, I can't imagine he'd tip his hand that early knowing what an insane crowd it would draw. The crowd would be MUCH more controllable at the Casa and they could take him in and out from that side gate easily.
I agree Pam....it'll be NUTS! But he's done it before and they could have a car pulled to the back of the stage and he could just hop in and leave Duval. Well even if it's all rumor....it's cold and rainy here in DC and this talk is so much more fun than working..... :lol: :lol:
How is the dirt supply holding up? :D
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

And there's the "special guest" and the reason they changed the schedule around I bet. Although I hope this doesn't mean he won't be playing the Casa on Saturday night - was hoping for a more "private audience" and if this word gets out the crowd will be ridiculous.[/quote]
i really have to believe thats a rumor.....another take.....if he plays Friday , wouldn't that ruin the surprise on Sat. night. ( if he were to show) .... Isn't there bands scheduled to play at the 4 0'clock slot.[/quote]

The schedule was just changed. But would he play both? I guess he can do whatever he wants to do........ [smilie=battingeyes.gif][/quote]

Hopefully he does plays both....but, i can see Duval St being packed early, trying to get a spot up front or close to the stage. Same with Sat. at the Casa , especially if he plays Friday!![/quote]

I know, my first inclination (and not the one I'll likely follow) is to stay as far away from there as possible but I was already psyched to see Mac and my obsession will probably get the better of me, but it will be a MOB scene. Which is why I think it may just be a rumor, I can't imagine he'd tip his hand that early knowing what an insane crowd it would draw. The crowd would be MUCH more controllable at the Casa and they could take him in and out from that side gate easily.[/quote]
i wish i would get the spot i had last year for streetfest...up on a balcony at The La Conch to the side of the stage!!!...looking down on the crowd.....Linda they could do a lot of things...car would be one....but getting down the street would be a b****......beefed up security guards and bring him out from the the La Conch.....he could get to the back of the hotel and they do have a entrance there....as Pam said though.....i don't think it would be announced, or even speculated Mac would have a special guest.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:

I'll second that, dark and dreary and cold here too. I've spent the last 3 days calling people who have expressed an interest in financing their house, they all have applications and I'm trying to avoid them ALL bringing them in a week from now saying "Oh I know you're going away I'm so sorry it took me so long" yada yada yada! Happens every time I go on vacation.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

I would hope that if he shows up for Streetfest, it would be for a couple songs with Mac like "In the City" and "It's My Job"; and then he'd save the full show for the Casa. As much as I understand folks in KW are part of what helps him "sell the dream", it's not like he's viewed by everyone as a good thing. Treat the folks who go out and do things for their communities rather than just happened to be in the right place at the right time because their cruise ship docked that day, etc.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

RinglingRingling wrote:I would hope that if he shows up for Streetfest, it would be for a couple songs with Mac like "In the City" and "It's My Job"; and then he'd save the full show for the Casa. As much as I understand folks in KW are part of what helps him "sell the dream", it's not like he's viewed by everyone as a good thing. Treat the folks who go out and do things for their communities rather than just happened to be in the right place at the right time because their cruise ship docked that day, etc.
so RR are you locked up with a weapon??? , i see, you have all those killer wild animals on the loose in, your neck of the woods!!
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

TommyBahama wrote:And there's the "special guest" and the reason they changed the schedule around I bet. Although I hope this doesn't mean he won't be playing the Casa on Saturday night - was hoping for a more "private audience" and if this word gets out the crowd will be ridiculous.
i really have to believe thats a rumor.....another take.....if he plays Friday , wouldn't that ruin the surprise on Sat. night. ( if he were to show) .... Isn't there bands scheduled to play at the 4 0'clock slot.[/quote]

The schedule was just changed. But would he play both? I guess he can do whatever he wants to do........ [smilie=battingeyes.gif][/quote]

Hopefully he does plays both....but, i can see Duval St being packed early, trying to get a spot up front or close to the stage. Same with Sat. at the Casa , especially if he plays Friday!![/quote]

I know, my first inclination (and not the one I'll likely follow) is to stay as far away from there as possible but I was already psyched to see Mac and my obsession will probably get the better of me, but it will be a MOB scene. Which is why I think it may just be a rumor, I can't imagine he'd tip his hand that early knowing what an insane crowd it would draw. The crowd would be MUCH more controllable at the Casa and they could take him in and out from that side gate easily.[/quote]
i wish i would get the spot i had last year for streetfest...up on a balcony at The La Conch to the side of the stage!!!...looking down on the crowd.....Linda they could do a lot of things...car would be one....but getting down the street would be a b****......beefed up security guards and bring him out from the the La Conch.....he could get to the back of the hotel and they do have a entrance there....as Pam said though.....i don't think it would be announced, or even speculated Mac would have a special guest.[/quote]

The side door for Margaritaville is just to the left of the stage as you face it - it wouldn't be too difficult to whisk him back in there either.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
MacPhin
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything BUT Cheeseburger
Favorite Boat Drink: PainKiller

Post by MacPhin »

i agree that streetfest isn't a great locale but he can do what he wishes.after all he is "da man". so we have to s*** it up. remember, he doesn't have to show his face even though most of us feel he should. let's try to make the most of it and enjoy. some Buffett is better than no Buffett in my book.
time for happy faces, peeps!! :D :roll:
Image Image
JB on Anguilla 3/24/07 St.Barth's 11/7/09

Lately,newspaper mentioned cheap airfare.
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere.
I'm close to bodily harm.
NYCPORT
Minister of Entertainment
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 106
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please...

Post by NYCPORT »

No cruise ships are in port on Friday. How much bigger of a big a mob scene could it be? It's going to be packed no matter who shows up. Very few people will make a special day trip just get a chance to see him do a few songs and then drive another 3+ hrs. minimum to get home. Don't forget it's a Friday afternoon and it's 3 hrs. plus from Miami, and a lot further for everyone else. Most people, not already at MOTM, will be at work if/when he takes the stage. Just my 2 cents...

I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays
Lookin' for better days, lookin' for better days
Lookin' for Floridays

27 - 8
Carolinadreamin'

NYCPORT wrote:No cruise ships are in port on Friday. How much bigger of a big a mob scene could it be? It's going to be packed no matter who shows up. Very few people will make a special day trip just get a chance to see him do a few songs and then drive another 3+ hrs. minimum to get home. Don't forget it's a Friday afternoon and it's 3 hrs. plus from Miami, and a lot further for everyone else. Most people, not already at MOTM, will be at work if/when he takes the stage. Just my 2 cents...
Full of thought and insight......worth much more than 2 cents..... :lol:
Carolinadreamin'

RinglingRingling wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
I have been slapping dirt on kids all day long........all week long.......I need to stock some rum in the clinic's fridge if I plan to not be insane by the time I hit A1A........ :roll: :lol:
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

NYCPORT wrote:No cruise ships are in port on Friday. How much bigger of a big a mob scene could it be? It's going to be packed no matter who shows up. Very few people will make a special day trip just get a chance to see him do a few songs and then drive another 3+ hrs. minimum to get home. Don't forget it's a Friday afternoon and it's 3 hrs. plus from Miami, and a lot further for everyone else. Most people, not already at MOTM, will be at work if/when he takes the stage. Just my 2 cents...
Casa would be 3500 people , streetfest if he shows or rumored to show,would ,double or triple that , there are a lot more people vacationing there , then people that are there for MOTM
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

TommyBahama wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:I would hope that if he shows up for Streetfest, it would be for a couple songs with Mac like "In the City" and "It's My Job"; and then he'd save the full show for the Casa. As much as I understand folks in KW are part of what helps him "sell the dream", it's not like he's viewed by everyone as a good thing. Treat the folks who go out and do things for their communities rather than just happened to be in the right place at the right time because their cruise ship docked that day, etc.
so RR are you locked up with a weapon??? , i see, you have all those killer wild animals on the loose in, your neck of the woods!!
that is more than 15 miles from here, and there are plenty of day-care centers, old-age homes, and the like betweeen here and there. Those animals will be well-fed by the time they could get close. :D
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

RinglingRingling wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
that is more than 15 miles from here, and there are plenty of day-care centers, old-age homes, and the like betweeen here and there. Those animals will be well-fed by the time they could get close. :D
depends on if they like leftovers!
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
I have been slapping dirt on kids all day long........all week long.......I need to stock some rum in the clinic's fridge if I plan to not be insane by the time I hit A1A........ :roll: :lol:
I'll call http://www.jonestopsoil.com/faq.php for a couple dozen yards if you need it. :D