Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

karat
Lester Polyester
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Re: Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Post by karat »

For You Jack

A termite walks into a barroom and asks, "Is the bar tender here?"
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
IrishPirate
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

popcornjack wrote:
IrishPirate wrote:[smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] I'm friggin FREEZING!!!!!! And today is supposed to be the warm day this week! Friday, it's possible that we will see S*** flurries!!!!!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take rain as long as there are palm trees, green grass, tropical flowers and blue-green water to look at through the drops!!!

6 more days til PARADISE!!!!
I guess I shouldn't tell you that I have all the windows open and there's a nice gentle breeze blowing through the house, should I? No, that would be cruel of me. I mean, if I'm gonna do that I should just go all the way and say I'm sitting here in shorts and flip flops enjoying a nice spot of rum (Thanks Z-man) before getting ready to go out to Schooner in a couple of hours. While I'm at it, let me pour some lime juice on that paper cut... [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif]
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
karat
Lester Polyester
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Post by karat »

Debbie and Barb, I see we are at the same hotel!
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

Hey, guess what?!?!?

It's almost time to PARTY WITH A PURPOSE again!!!
ImageImage

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Oh dear........ it wouldn't let me post the picture but a good pic of the current situation.

http://www.wsvn.com/weather/hurricane/cone/
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

When it passes south of Cayo Hueso it's only supposed to have 50mph max winds...big deal....looks like we're having a Hurricane Party!!!!
ImageImage

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

C-Dawg wrote:When it passes south of Cayo Hueso it's only supposed to have 50mph max winds...big deal....looks like we're having a Hurricane Party!!!!

As long as we can get to FLL I'm good. I just wonder about winds and storm surge on the drive down. I remember what Irene was like here. Sounds like Dove Creek will host us for an extra night if they have to though and I'm fine with that too.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
popcornjack wrote:I have so much to say, but too drunk and too close to my party to care
less then 4 hours and you join the elite 40 club!!!
Hey, I've had more fun since I turned 40 than in my 20s and 30s combined!
late 20's and 30's were prettty good for me....i've done more in my 40's, thank you Mr Buffett
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:When it passes south of Cayo Hueso it's only supposed to have 50mph max winds...big deal....looks like we're having a Hurricane Party!!!!

As long as we can get to FLL I'm good. I just wonder about winds and storm surge on the drive down. I remember what Irene was like here. Sounds like Dove Creek will host us for an extra night if they have to though and I'm fine with that too.
But the weather channel guy said the most intense winds are only 25 miles out from the center of the storm. I agree with C-Dawg........

HURRICANE PARTY!!!!!!!! :D :D

My second of the year!!! :o :o
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

karat wrote:Debbie and Barb, I see we are at the same hotel!

cool!

Debbie
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
ScarletB wrote:

But the weather channel guy said the most intense winds are only 25 miles out from the center of the storm. I agree with C-Dawg........

HURRICANE PARTY!!!!!!!! :D :D

My second of the year!!! :o :o

A real Halloween hurricane party in Key West some really great BN friends! :D :D :D

Debbie
karat
Lester Polyester

Post by karat »

TommyBahama wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
popcornjack wrote:I have so much to say, but too drunk and too close to my party to care
late 20's and 30's were prettty good for me....i've done more in my 40's, thank you Mr Buffett
For me it started late 30s. But Tommy I'm with you. Doing more in my 40s. Still have lots to do. May need to carry over to the next 'box'
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

karat wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
For me it started late 30s. But Tommy I'm with you. Doing more in my 40s. Still have lots to do. May need to carry over to the next 'box'
i will definitely be carrying it into my 50's, considering it's about 4 months away
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

TommyBahama wrote:
karat wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
i will definitely be carrying it into my 50's, considering it's about 4 months away

I'm going into the "60" box in July and I have no plan to now sit quietly in a rocking chair. :D
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Hey, I've had more fun since I turned 40 than in my 20s and 30s combined![/quote]
late 20's and 30's were prettty good for me....i've done more in my 40's, thank you Mr Buffett[/quote]

For me it started late 30s. But Tommy I'm with you. Doing more in my 40s. Still have lots to do. May need to carry over to the next 'box'[/quote]
i will definitely be carrying it into my 50's, considering it's about 4 months away[/quote]

I'm going into the "60" box in July and I have no plan to now sit quietly in a rocking chair. :D[/quote]
i would never guess your age if you hadn't told us!!!...you're doing something right!!
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

TommyBahama wrote:Hey, I've had more fun since I turned 40 than in my 20s and 30s combined!
late 20's and 30's were prettty good for me....i've done more in my 40's, thank you Mr Buffett[/quote]

For me it started late 30s. But Tommy I'm with you. Doing more in my 40s. Still have lots to do. May need to carry over to the next 'box'[/quote]
i will definitely be carrying it into my 50's, considering it's about 4 months away[/quote]

I'm going into the "60" box in July and I have no plan to now sit quietly in a rocking chair. :D[/quote]
i would never guess your age if you hadn't told us!!!...you're doing something right!![/quote]

I'm convinced it's a combination of genetics and the fact I never had children - not that I have anything against kids but it's added stress both good and bad.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
Carolinadreamin'

ScarletB wrote: I'm convinced it's a combination of genetics and the fact I never had children - not that I have anything against kids but it's added stress both good and bad.

Hmmmm.........is that why my oldest (who turns 30 in December) has told me I should do botox? I tell her it's her......and her younger brother......and younger sister's fault! :lol:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
karat
Lester Polyester

Post by karat »

AARP Magazine released this in September. Apparently AARP people are not Parrotheads!
(No I did not read it, it was on my cousin's facebook page, she turns 50 on Saturday)

Here is a full list of things AARP says people over 50 should and should not do:

Words to ax...
- Panties
- Smashed, overserved, or hammered.
- Sick!
- Whatever
- I'm like ... We mean "I said" or "I say." So we should say it.
- Totes. Unless you mean that clever little umbrella.
- Hot. Except when referring to the weather or habaneros.
- Kick it

Things never to do again...
- Jell-O shots
- Karaoke after Jell-O shots or any other time.
- Crowd surfing to the mosh pit.
- Drinking champagne from your son's girlfriend's shoe. Drinking champagne from your own shoe.
- Visible tats, no matter what (or who) you escaped, no matter who or what you discovered.
- Collecting owls made of shells, frogs made of ceramic or lawn gnomes made of anything.

What not to wear...
-Miniskirts, minishorts, anything that's been deliberately diminished or ripped.
- Low-rise pants that showcase low-rise anatomy.
- Super-tight skinny jeans, even if you are both.
- T-shirts that say "Sexy Grandma," "Vote for Ozzy" or "I Am the Man from Nantucket."
- Purses with dogs on them. Purses with dogs in them.
- Gold chains with your name on them. Gold chains. Chains.

People to no longer tolerate...
- Those who don't know you when you're down and out but just love you when you're "back."
- People who learned all they ever needed to know in high school-and are still living it.
- Gossips
- Arrogant doctors, educators, waiters, TV commentators, athletes, authors, legislators, coaches or anyone who lets a little influence go to their head.
- Space invaders. Those who stand too close, consuming space, energy, oxygen and time.

Things to do at least once...
- Create a boundary in life. Then take down a wall.
- Write long handwritten letters to your grandchildren, even the ones who aren't born yet.
- Put your wedding photos in an album before your 25th anniversary. Finish the baby book before the kid's 25th birthday.
- Start telling the truth, every day.
- Stand up for what you believe, and do so with dignity.
- Dance outside at night in a foreign land.
- Be able to retire but say, "The hell with it, I'm going strong."
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
Carolinadreamin'

karat wrote:AARP Magazine released this in September. Apparently AARP people are not Parrotheads!
(No I did not read it, it was on my cousin's facebook page, she turns 50 on Saturday)

Here is a full list of things AARP says people over 50 should and should not do:

Words to ax...
- Panties
- Smashed, overserved, or hammered.
- Sick!
- Whatever
- I'm like ... We mean "I said" or "I say." So we should say it.
- Totes. Unless you mean that clever little umbrella.
- Hot. Except when referring to the weather or habaneros.
- Kick it

Things never to do again...
- Jell-O shots
- Karaoke after Jell-O shots or any other time.
- Crowd surfing to the mosh pit.
- Drinking champagne from your son's girlfriend's shoe. Drinking champagne from your own shoe.
- Visible tats, no matter what (or who) you escaped, no matter who or what you discovered.
- Collecting owls made of shells, frogs made of ceramic or lawn gnomes made of anything.

What not to wear...
-Miniskirts, minishorts, anything that's been deliberately diminished or ripped.
- Low-rise pants that showcase low-rise anatomy.
- Super-tight skinny jeans, even if you are both.
- T-shirts that say "Sexy Grandma," "Vote for Ozzy" or "I Am the Man from Nantucket."
- Purses with dogs on them. Purses with dogs in them.
- Gold chains with your name on them. Gold chains. Chains.

People to no longer tolerate...
- Those who don't know you when you're down and out but just love you when you're "back."
- People who learned all they ever needed to know in high school-and are still living it.
- Gossips
- Arrogant doctors, educators, waiters, TV commentators, athletes, authors, legislators, coaches or anyone who lets a little influence go to their head.
- Space invaders. Those who stand too close, consuming space, energy, oxygen and time.

Things to do at least once...
- Create a boundary in life. Then take down a wall.
- Write long handwritten letters to your grandchildren, even the ones who aren't born yet.
- Put your wedding photos in an album before your 25th anniversary. Finish the baby book before the kid's 25th birthday.
- Start telling the truth, every day.
- Stand up for what you believe, and do so with dignity.
- Dance outside at night in a foreign land.
- Be able to retire but say, "The hell with it, I'm going strong."

NO MORE JELL-O SHOTS!!????? :o :o :o
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:Hey, I've had more fun since I turned 40 than in my 20s and 30s combined!

i would never guess your age if you hadn't told us!!!...you're doing something right!![/quote]

I'm convinced it's a combination of genetics and the fact I never had children - not that I have anything against kids but it's added stress both good and bad.[/quote]

maybe thats why i still have my hair and very little grey.