Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

SwissParrotHeads
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris ;-)
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Papa's Pilar Rum

Re: Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Post by SwissParrotHeads »

popcornjack wrote:
IrishPirate wrote:[smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] I'm friggin FREEZING!!!!!! And today is supposed to be the warm day this week! Friday, it's possible that we will see S*** flurries!!!!!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take rain as long as there are palm trees, green grass, tropical flowers and blue-green water to look at through the drops!!!

6 more days til PARADISE!!!!
I guess I shouldn't tell you that I have all the windows open and there's a nice gentle breeze blowing through the house, should I? No, that would be cruel of me. I mean, if I'm gonna do that I should just go all the way and say I'm sitting here in shorts and flip flops enjoying a nice spot of rum (Thanks Z-man) before getting ready to go out to Schooner in a couple of hours. While I'm at it, let me pour some lime juice on that paper cut... [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif]
Mean. Man. Are. You. :wink: :wink:
Had a bad work day after a bad night's sleep. (Second in a row, maybe I'm nervous because of upcoming travels...)
Foggy, cloudy, windy, in the 50ies... weather here in our part of the world. Fiend of mine who lives nearby, just a little higher, posted a pic of the first sn**fall this season.

Do I complain? Not really, two more work days, one day of panical shopping and packing, and off we go! [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]
Paris, France, September 2010. Paris 2011. Paris 2012. 2013. 2015.
Mansfield MA, Great Woods June 18 2011. And June 2012. And 2013!
Jimmy in Key West, MOTM 2011. Unforgettable! And let's not talk about MOTM 2015 :wink:

maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

SwissParrotHeads wrote:
popcornjack wrote:
IrishPirate wrote:[smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] I'm friggin FREEZING!!!!!! And today is supposed to be the warm day this week! Friday, it's possible that we will see S*** flurries!!!!!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take rain as long as there are palm trees, green grass, tropical flowers and blue-green water to look at through the drops!!!

6 more days til PARADISE!!!!
I guess I shouldn't tell you that I have all the windows open and there's a nice gentle breeze blowing through the house, should I? No, that would be cruel of me. I mean, if I'm gonna do that I should just go all the way and say I'm sitting here in shorts and flip flops enjoying a nice spot of rum (Thanks Z-man) before getting ready to go out to Schooner in a couple of hours. While I'm at it, let me pour some lime juice on that paper cut... [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif]
Mean. Man. Are. You. :wink: :wink:
Had a bad work day after a bad night's sleep. (Second in a row, maybe I'm nervous because of upcoming travels...)
Foggy, cloudy, windy, in the 50ies... weather here in our part of the world. Fiend of mine who lives nearby, just a little higher, posted a pic of the first sn**fall this season.

Do I complain? Not really, two more work days, one day of panical shopping and packing, and off we go! [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]
Mike, I wouldn't complain if you brought me some of that chocolate. In fact, we have a local chocolatier here and another chocolate treat that are native to Nashville. I'll bring Irene some.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

Well, Lesley, chocolates would probably go very well with your Kona coffee. ;-)

SwissParrotHeads
I Love the Now!

maid memories wrote:Mike, I wouldn't complain if you brought me some of that chocolate. In fact, we have a local chocolatier here and another chocolate treat that are native to Nashville. I'll bring Irene some.
Shopping part one was done today after work, some Bündner Röteli and some Rahmlikör (no hard stuff this time).
Shopping part two will take place tomorrow: Some Chocolate as I broght to GW, some nice special chocolate bars and maybe some hand made specialities from the local confiseur / chocolatier here.

Lesley, do you really believe I'd come to see my friends without bringing some chocolate? :wink: :wink: :wink:

On a complete different note, I just checked the contact list. My phone no. is an american one, so no leading 1 to dial, and you can call me Oct 29 until Nov 12.
Jimmy in Key West, MOTM 2011. Unforgettable! And let's not talk about MOTM 2015 :wink:

karat
Lester Polyester
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Post by karat »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:My husband said something so profound last night after he came home from his "12 hour no lunch" work day..........a hurricane day in Key West will ALWAYS be better than any day in the Pentagon! :lol: :D
Yeah but the Pentagon's pension can help you live in KW!
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

karat wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:My husband said something so profound last night after he came home from his "12 hour no lunch" work day..........a hurricane day in Key West will ALWAYS be better than any day in the Pentagon! :lol: :D
Yeah but the Pentagon's pension can help you live in KW!
You must have some illusion about the retirement pay of the military. I can tell you......it ain't so.......we could only afford to live in KW like the everyone else......with a job and a little luck. The best we could do right now is pitch a tent on Dog Beach. :lol:
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Oh goody, there's another one right behind RINA - from Channel 13 in Orlando

Meanwhile, a new area of low pressure over the south-central Caribbean Sea could potentially impact Florida. The low currently has a 30 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone in the next 48 hours.

The National Hurricane Center said this low's upper-level winds are expected to become more favorable for development over the next couple of days as it moves west-northwest at 15 to 20 mph.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

From a Hurricane site i follow

Even with the stronger storm as a starting point, the models continue to be all over the place with their forecast for Rina over the weekend. Some changes to the Rina steering scenario, however, increases the possibility that a weaker version of the storm might affect South Florida directly. The difference is... it now seems plausible that Rina will move faster than previously expected over the next couple of days so that by Thursday it's in the vicinity of the northern Yucatan. That would get it far enough north AHEAD of the coming jet stream dip/front that it could get scooped up toward Florida. The upper winds still appear that they would significantly weaken the system, and a little slower movement would not allow it to be scooped up, so there is no certainty. But, a path farther north now looks more plausible. It's also plausible that significant weakening begins on Thursday which could keep the storm south. The bottom line... everybody with weekend plans in South Florida should have an alternate plan. Again... this isn't Wilma, but there is a chance of a disruptive storm.

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

My personal travel genius (MacPhin) is already at work looking for hotels on the mainland in case we can't get down the keys right away.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:My personal travel genius (MacPhin) is already at work looking for hotels on the mainland in case we can't get down the keys right away.
looking at another tracking model....on the 30th it's just off of Cuba!!!

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

<---- Heading out to buy rain boots - do not want to walk in sewer water in sandals
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:<---- Heading out to buy rain boots - do not want to walk in sewer water in sandals
i don't plan on bringing boots.....it just better get the freak out of there by the 1st!!

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

TommyBahama wrote:
ScarletB wrote:<---- Heading out to buy rain boots - do not want to walk in sewer water in sandals
i don't plan on bringing boots.....it just better get the freak out of there by the 1st!!
I'll wear them on the plane if I have to. I'm going to wait since I'll be going to Burlington on Friday to stay at Chris & Marilyns to take the plane out early - if it looks bad I'll just buy them on the way there.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
I'll wear them on the plane if I have to. I'm going to wait since I'll be going to Burlington on Friday to stay at Chris & Marilyns to take the plane out early - if it looks bad I'll just buy them on the way there.
get waders.....it would be a good look for a flight to Florida!!!

maid memories
Hoot!

Post by maid memories »

Wino you know wrote:Well, Lesley, chocolates would probably go very well with your Kona coffee. ;-)
I was thinking about that last night and getting very excited. I can't wait to have a cup...or two.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.

SwissParrotHeads
I Love the Now!

Programming my POI's in my GPS I realised I'm missing a very important one:
I remember someone posting about a liquor store in FL City / Homestead which carries Rum Jumbie.
Anyone knows where it is, or even it's name?
Thanks for hints!

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

SwissParrotHeads wrote:Programming my POI's in my GPS I realised I'm missing a very important one:
I remember someone posting about a liquor store in FL City / Homestead which carries Rum Jumbie.
Anyone knows where it is, or even it's name?
Thanks for hints!
PM Ringling,Jeanie or Zman, I guarantee one of them knows!
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

maid memories
Hoot!

Post by maid memories »

Are we there, yet?

Marnin Grita Guy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Marnin Grita Guy »

I am off today! I bought printer ink, therefore; THANK YOU to Linda and Tom!

I have had to change my plans because of a house party cancellation. I have located the places to purchase gas

at a discount and will be driving Sunday to Fort Myers and attending the Beach Front Radio party. Weather

permitting I will be taking a boat ride to Key West. WOO HOO! This is gonna be so great, if only that one eyed girl

could be there. :cry:

maid memories
Hoot!

Post by maid memories »

Marnin Grita Guy wrote:I am off today! I bought printer ink, therefore; THANK YOU to Linda and Tom!

I have had to change my plans because of a house party cancellation. I have located the places to purchase gas

at a discount and will be driving Sunday to Fort Myers and attending the Beach Front Radio party. Weather

permitting I will be taking a boat ride to Key West. WOO HOO! This is gonna be so great, if only that one eyed girl

could be there. :cry:
Barry!!! I can't wait to see you!

On the weather note, if this new storm does anything it will be named Sean. I can't think of anything funny to go with that.