Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Post by TommyBahama »

Agreed, there was a lot of rude behavior and of course they are always decked out in full PH regalia, which none of us did/do - so everyone knows exactly who the offending parties are. I think a "this is someone else's home" guide might be in order in the future.[/quote]
Now i understand some of the unfriendly service....we are labeled by other peoples actions.....I think Jimmy should do something for the town......but, not when there are big events in town...it should be for them.

side thing on the tipping....i bartend at a theatre, and i think it's the economy , you charge a lot for a drink, people just don't tip....i saw it last night at least 10 times...then there people that will tip for a bottle of water....bar prices are rediculas....i think there is about 24 shots in a 5th..Jack can clerify this....at a 30.00 bottle ( top shelf)...thats about .66 mixers are cheap....so when paying 6.00 for a drink that cost is about 1.00 - 1.50....why they do it i know , is to keep the drinking down and it's easy money....but it also explains cheapness on some.[/quote]

Don't forget that the establishments have to pay for utilities, staff, computers, licenses, insurance, taxes, ice machines, ovens, music and the consumables, etc etc... I think the US pay rate for waitstaff is up to $4.65 an hour, they rely on our tips to pay their rent and to support their families.[/quote]
i agree totally....i rely on it now being unemployed.....i know there are added cost thats involved in a drink......there is also food served at a lot of estblishments too.......i'm just saying that the economy has a lot to do with it.......if a drink cost 4.00 they give you a 5...usually it's keep the change...a 6.00 drink you are giving them change back and they usually keep it....thats what i've witnessed doing it.....beer drinkers are the best because it's cheaper then a mixed drink and they leave the change......last night i had a couple one ordered a Manhattan and the other a Martini...came to 16.00 , they gave me a 20.00 and kept the change.[/quote]

Ouch, were they dressed in tropical shirts, leis and a chicken hat? Ha ha Just kidding :D :D[/quote]
i don't think anyone wearing a tropical shirt and leis would be ordering Manhattans and Martini's ( regular Martini's that is ).....no chicken hats either!!!

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

One of my favorite quotes of the week, from my new local friends at StreetFest:

Them: "Are you one of the Parrotheads?"

Me: "Well, I have to say yes, but..."

Them, looking me up and down and grinning: "But you're not wearing any of the STUFF."

:P
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:One of my favorite quotes of the week, from my new local friends at StreetFest:

Them, looking me up and down and grinning: "But you're not wearing any of the STUFF."

i didn't know we had uniforms......do we have home and away?? and, there is always the days for that alternate jersey!!

but , Jen, that is priceless!!

CreolaInMySoul-a
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything in an Endless Cup

Post by CreolaInMySoul-a »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:One of my favorite quotes of the week, from my new local friends at StreetFest:

We know better..we restrict wearing our closet full of "Stuff" to parking lots only :D :D
Image Image Image
Life is still a tire swing

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

TommyBahama wrote:

i didn't know we had uniforms......do we have home and away?? and, there is always the days for that alternate jersey!!

Home: GW Parking lot. All the 'stuff': beads, aloha shirts, etc
Away: KW. Nondescript T-shirt, shorts, flips flops, shades.

:D

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

Home: GW Parking lot. All the 'stuff': beads, aloha shirts, etc
Away: KW. Nondescript T-shirt, shorts, flips flops, shades.

:D
Home- agree
Away- could be any other concert venue...so some of the same from GW could come out ( except Red Sox shirt at Jones Beach)
Key West....is Alternate Jersey ( clothing)....tame Hawaiian shirts or t-shirts!!..no accessorizing!!

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

CreolaInMySoul-a wrote:

We know better..we restrict wearing our closet full of "Stuff" to parking lots only :D :D

Exactly, it has always cracked me up to see people out to dinner somewhere (especially somewhere really nice) with all their lanyards, funny hats and T-shirts still on. I wasn't aware you needed to wear your lanyard to be served dinner. Of course you do need it for the shuttle if you're using it but stick it in a pocket or a purse.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:
CreolaInMySoul-a wrote:

Exactly, it has always cracked me up to see people out to dinner somewhere (especially somewhere really nice) with all their lanyards, funny hats and T-shirts still on. I wasn't aware you needed to wear your lanyard to be served dinner. Of course you do need it for the shuttle if you're using it but stick it in a pocket or a purse.
i had mine tied to my belt.....couldn't reaaly even see it....i showed when needed.....most the times i forget to bring my lanyards....plus, i have way to many tags, to want to carry around.

brznbeaches
Favorite Buffett Song: Carnival World
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by brznbeaches »

Okay, let's not completely idolize the locals. I was at the Howard Livingston show at the Tuna on Sunday when a woman with a purse full of those free landshark leis offered one to me. I politely declined (smiled and shook my head no) and her local bf totally went off on me, telling me to go home, etc. Maybe he'd had a bad experience with some other ph's- after reading the posts here I suspect he might have-but really, he was totally rude to me.
If you are living in Key West, you have to know that it is a tourist destination, and there are weeks of festivals. You get all kinds of tourists, and street closures will happen (with ph's it's one afternoon, not like fantasy fest). Call it the price of living in paradise.

For the record, I had a blast at MotM this year, even though I missed seeing some of you. It was record attendance, and I know there were many there who were not registered as well. When I didn't like what was going on ( getting crushed in streetfest), I just went somewhere else. There was always more than one event going on all the time.

Just my 2 cents.
Bristow 09.09 LAS 10.09 Camden 08.07.10 PGH0 8.12.10 Bristow 09.04.10 LAS 10.23.10 EYW 11.1-7.10 TPA 04.16.11 Frisco 05.21.11 PGH 06.21.11 BristowBOYCOTT/HURRICANE Paris 09.26.11 EYW 11.4.11 TPA 3.30.12 PGH 6.28.12 Bristow 9.1.12 ...??? Bristow 8.16.14 Bristow 6.20.15 Camden 8.17.17

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

brznbeaches wrote:Okay, let's not completely idolize the locals. I was at the Howard Livingston show at the Tuna on Sunday when a woman with a purse full of those free landshark leis offered one to me. I politely declined (smiled and shook my head no) and her local bf totally went off on me, telling me to go home, etc. Maybe he'd had a bad experience with some other ph's- after reading the posts here I suspect he might have-but really, he was totally rude to me.
If you are living in Key West, you have to know that it is a tourist destination, and there are weeks of festivals. You get all kinds of tourists, and street closures will happen (with ph's it's one afternoon, not like fantasy fest). Call it the price of living in paradise.

For the record, I had a blast at MotM this year, even though I missed seeing some of you. It was record attendance, and I know there were many there who were not registered as well. When I didn't like what was going on ( getting crushed in streetfest), I just went somewhere else. There was always more than one event going on all the time.

Just my 2 cents.
I ran into a few rude locals, too. Every crowd has its good and its bad. :D

I live next to Newport RI, also tourist central for about 6 months a year. "Tourists" bug the crap out of me. They often act entitled (because they're on vacation? who knows) and pushy. Visitors, on the other hand, try to join in and enjoy the local scene. I MUCH prefer to be a visitor (or a traveler, as some call it) when I'm somewhere else, and I enjoy interacting with the visitors here in my tourist town.

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

brznbeaches

Post by brznbeaches »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
brznbeaches wrote:Okay, let's not completely idolize the locals. I was at the Howard Livingston show at the Tuna on Sunday when a woman with a purse full of those free landshark leis offered one to me. I politely declined (smiled and shook my head no) and her local bf totally went off on me, telling me to go home, etc. Maybe he'd had a bad experience with some other ph's- after reading the posts here I suspect he might have-but really, he was totally rude to me.

Just my 2 cents.

I live next to Newport RI, also tourist central for about 6 months a year. "Tourists" bug the crap out of me. They often act entitled (because they're on vacation? who knows) and pushy. Visitors, on the other hand, try to join in and enjoy the local scene. I MUCH prefer to be a visitor (or a traveler, as some call it) when I'm somewhere else, and I enjoy interacting with the visitors here in my tourist town.
Ahh yes- the reason I don't like cruises. I much prefer to spend some time to get to know a place, to absorb it, and be absorbed by it. Tourists do have a tendency to think that the place exists solely for their pleasure, and treat it as such.

Tourists to my area, Washigton, DC, seem to not be so bad- it's more an intellectual place to visit, maybe? And they tend to be in groups or families, not crazy drunks like can happen in places like Key West.
Bristow 09.09 LAS 10.09 Camden 08.07.10 PGH0 8.12.10 Bristow 09.04.10 LAS 10.23.10 EYW 11.1-7.10 TPA 04.16.11 Frisco 05.21.11 PGH 06.21.11 BristowBOYCOTT/HURRICANE Paris 09.26.11 EYW 11.4.11 TPA 3.30.12 PGH 6.28.12 Bristow 9.1.12 ...??? Bristow 8.16.14 Bristow 6.20.15 Camden 8.17.17

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

brznbeaches wrote:Tourists to my area, Washigton, DC, seem to not be so bad- it's more an intellectual place to visit, maybe? And they tend to be in groups or families, not crazy drunks like can happen in places like Key West.
I think probably so. They're mostly in town to learn something and see the historic sites, not just to party.

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

NYCPORT
Minister of Entertainment
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please...

Post by NYCPORT »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
brznbeaches wrote:Tourists to my area, Washigton, DC, seem to not be so bad- it's more an intellectual place to visit, maybe? And they tend to be in groups or families, not crazy drunks like can happen in places like Key West.
I think probably so. They're mostly in town to learn something and see the historic sites, not just to party.
Wait a minute! You guys go to D.C. to do more than eat and drink??? :o :o :o
What the hell else is there to do??? Oh, right they pandas there!

I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays
Lookin' for better days, lookin' for better days
Lookin' for Floridays

27 - 8

CreolaInMySoul-a
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything in an Endless Cup

Post by CreolaInMySoul-a »

[smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Last edited by CreolaInMySoul-a on November 13, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Life is still a tire swing

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

brznbeaches wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

Ahh yes- the reason I don't like cruises. I much prefer to spend some time to get to know a place, to absorb it, and be absorbed by it. Tourists do have a tendency to think that the place exists solely for their pleasure, and treat it as such.

Tourists to my area, Washigton, DC, seem to not be so bad- it's more an intellectual place to visit, maybe? And they tend to be in groups or families, not crazy drunks like can happen in places like Key West.
And you can sure tell them from their apparel too.......socks, sneakers, carry-all belts and backpacks...... :wink:

But can someone tell them to stand to the right on the frickin' escalators so people with important government jobs can get by????? :lol: :lol: Darn tourists! :lol: :lol:
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

brznbeaches

Post by brznbeaches »

Tourists to my area, Washigton, DC, seem to not be so bad- it's more an intellectual place to visit, maybe? And they tend to be in groups or families, not crazy drunks like can happen in places like Key West.[/quote]

And you can sure tell them from their apparel too.......socks, sneakers, carry-all belts and backpacks...... :wink:

But can someone tell them to stand to the right on the frickin' escalators so people with important government jobs can get by????? :lol: :lol: Darn tourists! :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But Washington without tourists would be like...Key West without Parrotheads?

caly
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: skinny pirate
Location: St. Thomas, but not the one in U.S.V.I....Canada!!!

Post by caly »

I have read a few of the pages stating how rude people were and I am happy to say I didn't see any of them.
We were always out and about in the day and evening and did not witness any falling down drunk, rude or obnoxious PH's. I was proud to be a PH and proud to say I am a member of the Western New York club.
I tipped well, waited my turn, didn't push or jump lines. I thought we were all doing the same. There was a bit of pushing and shoving at the street party and the Casa concert, but that goes with being in a crowd. Stand your ground and don't let them get away with it.
An example of a thoughtful lady is the following. At the street party, I was desperatley trying to catch beads. After about half an hour a lady came and gave me 2 saying she saw me trying to get some and wanted to share hers. I kept one and gave my gf one. She came back about 15 minutes later and gave me 2 more for our husbands. Eventually I started getting many tossed to me so I paid it back by giving her 2. THAT'S WHAT BEING A PH IS!
I for one had the time of my life and will keep those memories forever in my heart.
Thanks to all that helped make it that way for me.

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

caly wrote:I have read a few of the pages stating how rude people were and I am happy to say I didn't see any of them.
We were always out and about in the day and evening and did not witness any falling down drunk, rude or obnoxious PH's. I was proud to be a PH and proud to say I am a member of the Western New York club.
I tipped well, waited my turn, didn't push or jump lines. I thought we were all doing the same. There was a bit of pushing and shoving at the street party and the Casa concert, but that goes with being in a crowd. Stand your ground and don't let them get away with it.
An example of a thoughtful lady is the following. At the street party, I was desperatley trying to catch beads. After about half an hour a lady came and gave me 2 saying she saw me trying to get some and wanted to share hers. I kept one and gave my gf one. She came back about 15 minutes later and gave me 2 more for our husbands. Eventually I started getting many tossed to me so I paid it back by giving her 2. THAT'S WHAT BEING A PH IS!
I for one had the time of my life and will keep those memories forever in my heart.
[smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif]

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

alaura1974
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day!
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum, Pama in diet squirt

Post by alaura1974 »

caly wrote:I have read a few of the pages stating how rude people were and I am happy to say I didn't see any of them.

Sooo, what did you have to show her to get those beads????? :lol:

I am proud to say that I, am a traveler, not a tourist. I deal with this all day every day, being a travel agent and
some of the things that people say crack me up..... one silly example, when I tell people to take bug spray on vacation with them. Some react with " OH MY GOD, WHY DO I NEED BUG SPRAY??!!!" Funny that they think there are no bugs in the Caribbean.....

I only witnessed one not so nice person at the street fest, and I am so happy that I missed the others. Overall, this had to be the best trip of my life!!!! So many great people, great times, great weather, and all in Key West - one of my favorite places on the planet!!!!!

caly
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: skinny pirate
Location: St. Thomas, but not the one in U.S.V.I....Canada!!!

Post by caly »

alaura1974 wrote:

Sooo, what did you have to show her to get those beads????? :lol:

I am proud to say that I, am a traveler, not a tourist. I deal with this all day every day, being a travel agent and
some of the things that people say crack me up..... one silly example, when I tell people to take bug spray on vacation with them. Some react with " OH MY GOD, WHY DO I NEED BUG SPRAY??!!!" Funny that they think there are no bugs in the Caribbean.....

I only witnessed one not so nice person at the street fest, and I am so happy that I missed the others. Overall, this had to be the best trip of my life!!!! So many great people, great times, great weather, and all in Key West - one of my favorite places on the planet!!!!!

Same thing I showed you [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] ........ only thing you gave me that week was a stomach ache from laughing so much ...... oh ya and a bandaid :wench:
Hanging with you was awesome ....