Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Who went to Great Woods- 6/18

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Re: Who's Going to Great Woods- 6/18

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 7:41 am

LIPH wrote:I can't believe I forgot this yesterday. :oops: Thanks to Dave for once again manning the grill and feeding everyone. That may have been the best pulled pork I've ever had.

I took a short nap after I got home, then went out to my car to get my cooler. There were still 8 beers left. :o What's up with that?

I'm glad I decided to fly to Pittsburgh instead of driving, I'm exhausted. I have about 2 hours before I have to head to the train station for the first leg of the trip - LIRR to the AirTrain to JFK.
I thought you said that you were going to the beach! Opened the cooler when we got home last night, there were 3 beers and 1 spiked tea left. Sorry to disappoint you guys, thought I polished them off :(
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
Image ImageImage.

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama » June 20, 2011 8:20 am

tigzoe wrote:Ok...I am not sure where to begin...

Dave and Barb...thanks for all the hard work with the food, I promise to tip better next year!!! Sorry you couldn't make it to the beach or the Sandbar. It wasn't the same without you!!!

LInda...Much love!!! Hope you had a good time with your first GW exp!

Mike...thanks for the chocolate! I am glad you did the total weekend!!! Hope you go back home and tell everyone how EPIC it was!!!

Matt and Andrew...thanks for taking me under your wing at the Sandbar. I will never understand the man gene that makes it possible for you to remember every baseball stat in the planet!

Barry...you ARE the husband I never knew I wanted!

Pam and Tommy...finally!!!

Larry....FINALLY!!! And nice new hairdo. Foolish me thought you had it in a ponytail!

Ravi...there is always next year!!!

Countless BN'ers I have met before....THANK YOU!!! This was by far the best concert experience I have had!

Other BN'ers that I didn't introduce myself to, I am sorry!!! 32 cars in the caravan!! I was overwhelmed in the Shaw's parking lot. But thanks to all that created the best concert experience I have ever had. EPIC!!!!
Tig ......it was nice to finally meet you too!!!!

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 » June 20, 2011 8:30 am

Where to begin? :lol:

Rolling into Great Woods with my very close friends Jack and Pat (and my new friend Stacie who proved she can hang with the best . . . mostly . . . :D ) and realizing that instead of forcing cars into the back of the lot the parking attendants were allowing us to drive into the good parking area that has made Great Woods epic and perfect for so many years.

The problem? We are in the wrong lane. The solution? Tommy F'n Bahama (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), who was in the correct lane, waving us in. Cops all around . . . parking attendants reading to strike didn't stop Popcorn Jack who, after several beers in the Shaw's pre-tailgate - tailgate, expertly gunned the engine and swerved through two lanes of cones and soon after the real tailgate was in full force. Tommy . . . thank you again. That was perfect.

Chris, as always, brought the good tequila - for which, I am beyond grateful. Our planned small group of Great Woods die hards to participate in the first shot of the day soon became dozens deep. No matter. It was a fantastic moment.

Dave . . . you are d*mn good cook. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Tam, your tonga juice set the pace for the day. Your bar made it in. You made it in . . . eventually. It is always great to see you . . . you know how I feel.

Barry, man, walking Great Woods with you is something I will never forget. Ever. :lol: You got gigantic balls, an amazing sense of humor, and you just too perfect not to have back at Great Woods next year.

Mike, thanks for the Swiss drinks. I left the planet for a little while after that shot. Came back and had another. That is some strong stuff. Glad you had a good time. It truly was a pleasure meeting you.

Matt and Larry . . . what can I say!? Always fun debating baseball in a drunken stupor with you all.

Carol and Dave and Jen . . . its now been a decade of fun. It has been a quite a ride.

Man love, new friends made, old friends hugged, lots of PBR (thanks Ravi!!!!) - good tequila, Swiss whatever that was, Dave's BBQ, random girls flashing, flag raising, all around EPIC Great Woods adventure . . . .

Oh . . . and the police? Could not have been more cool. "Sir, there is a line infraction over there!" . . . "I'm on it!" :lol:

Much love.

OH YEAH!!!! Jimmy told the Boston Globe he WILL be back next year [smilie=coolup.gif] and I hear the weather will be as perfect as this year. So that debate can end before it starts . . . 8)
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » June 20, 2011 8:50 am

drunkpirate66 wrote:Jimmy told the Boston Globe he WILL be back next year [smilie=coolup.gif] and I hear the weather will be as perfect as this year. So that debate can end before it starts . . . 8)
This made 2 years in a row with great weather, I could get used to that. Buffett, sunshine and hot women. 8)
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories » June 20, 2011 9:06 am

Before I head home today I want to say how amazing this weekend has been. After going to Tampa tailgates for years it was great to actually get to hang out with so many of you that I've met in passing. I was certainly in rare form Saturday.

Dave, thank you for your hard work on Saturday.

Andrew, we're bonded for life. Go Cowboys!

Ravi, Larry, Tommy, Pat, Stacie and Jack, it was a pleasure to meet all of you.

Tam, thank you for taking me on this weekend. You're amazing. It was all downhill after the tequila shots on Friday.

Barry, you never disappoint.

Carol, Dave, Marilyn, Mike, Pam, thank you all for yesterday.

Chris, you will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH » June 20, 2011 10:45 am

Something else I forgot. I heard someone say "awesome". I looked up and said "you must be Chris." :lol:

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 10:47 am

TommyBahama wrote:
tigzoe wrote:Ok...I am not sure where to begin...

Dave and Barb...thanks for all the hard work with the food, I promise to tip better next year!!! Sorry you couldn't make it to the beach or the Sandbar. It wasn't the same without you!!!

LInda...Much love!!! Hope you had a good time with your first GW exp!

Mike...thanks for the chocolate! I am glad you did the total weekend!!! Hope you go back home and tell everyone how EPIC it was!!!

Matt and Andrew...thanks for taking me under your wing at the Sandbar. I will never understand the man gene that makes it possible for you to remember every baseball stat in the planet!

Barry...you ARE the husband I never knew I wanted!

Pam and Tommy...finally!!!

Larry....FINALLY!!! And nice new hairdo. Foolish me thought you had it in a ponytail!

Ravi...there is always next year!!!

Countless BN'ers I have met before....THANK YOU!!! This was by far the best concert experience I have had!

Other BN'ers that I didn't introduce myself to, I am sorry!!! 32 cars in the caravan!! I was overwhelmed in the Shaw's parking lot. But thanks to all that created the best concert experience I have ever had. EPIC!!!!
Tig ......it was nice to finally meet you too!!!!
Glad you made it home safe. I didn't know you weren't staying local Sat. night.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
Image ImageImage.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 10:48 am

LIPH wrote:Something else I forgot. I heard someone say "awesome". I looked up and said "you must be Chris." :lol:
isn't that ironic, I looked up and thought "this must be Larry but he forgot his hair." :lol: :lol: :lol: Great to finally meet you as well!
Image ImageImage.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 10:51 am

drunkpirate66 wrote:Where to begin? :lol:

Rolling into Great Woods with my very close friends Jack and Pat (and my new friend Stacie who proved she can hang with the best . . . mostly . . . :D ) and realizing that instead of forcing cars into the back of the lot the parking attendants were allowing us to drive into the good parking area that has made Great Woods epic and perfect for so many years.

The problem? We are in the wrong lane. The solution? Tommy F'n Bahama (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), who was in the correct lane, waving us in. Cops all around . . . parking attendants reading to strike didn't stop Popcorn Jack who, after several beers in the Shaw's pre-tailgate - tailgate, expertly gunned the engine and swerved through two lanes of cones and soon after the real tailgate was in full force. Tommy . . . thank you again. That was perfect.

Chris, as always, brought the good tequila - for which, I am beyond grateful. Our planned small group of Great Woods die hards to participate in the first shot of the day soon became dozens deep. No matter. It was a fantastic moment.

Tam, your tonga juice set the pace for the day. Your bar made it in. You made it in . . . eventually. It is always great to see you . . . you know how I feel.

Barry, man, walking Great Woods with you is something I will never forget. Ever. :lol: You got gigantic balls, an amazing sense of humor, and you just too perfect not to have back at Great Woods next year.

Mike, thanks for the Swiss drinks. I left the planet for a little while after that shot. Came back and had another. That is some strong stuff. Glad you had a good time. It truly was a pleasure meeting you.

Matt and Larry . . . what can I say!? Always fun debating baseball in a drunken stupor with you all.

Carol and Dave and Jen . . . its now been a decade of fun. It has been a quite a ride.

Man love, new friends made, old friends hugged, lots of PBR (thanks Ravi!!!!) - good tequila, Swiss whatever that was, Dave's BBQ, random girls flashing, flag raising, all around EPIC Great Woods adventure . . . .

Oh . . . and the police? Could not have been more cool. "Sir, there is a line infraction over there!" . . . "I'm on it!" :lol:

Much love.

OH YEAH!!!! Jimmy told the Boston Globe he WILL be back next year [smilie=coolup.gif] and I hear the weather will be as perfect as this year. So that debate can end before it starts . . . 8)
I can somewhat vouch for that. I slightly remember a grab..unbeknownst to me, he became cupless at some point! :o :o :o
Image ImageImage.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH » June 20, 2011 10:54 am

tigzoe wrote:
LIPH wrote:Something else I forgot. I heard someone say "awesome". I looked up and said "you must be Chris." :lol:
isn't that ironic, I looked up and thought "this must be Larry but he forgot his hair." :lol: :lol: :lol: Great to finally meet you as well!
There's a picture of the ponytail at the Frisco tailgate last month.

SoXphan
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by SoXphan » June 20, 2011 11:02 am

Hi all!
The wedding went off without a hitch and I could not have asked for a better day. Thank you to those that stopped by and making my walk down the "aisle" a moment I will never forget. Hundreds of parrotheads clearing the way and cheering me on was just perfect! THANK YOU! If you have any pictures please send them my way, I would love to see them!!
If we couldn't laugh...

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 » June 20, 2011 11:20 am

tigzoe wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:Where to begin? :lol:

Much love.

I can somewhat vouch for that. I slightly remember a grab..unbeknownst to me, he became cupless at some point! :o :o :o
:lol:

And it that doesn't sum up Great Woods then nothing will.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 11:20 am

SoXphan wrote:Hi all!
The wedding went off without a hitch and I could not have asked for a better day. Thank you to those that stopped by and making my walk down the "aisle" a moment I will never forget. Hundreds of parrotheads clearing the way and cheering me on was just perfect! THANK YOU! If you have any pictures please send them my way, I would love to see them!!
I am so sorry I couldn't stay. I am going to post some pre-wedding shots and tag Donna in them for you. It was great seeing her. And yes, last place on the planet I thought I would see her, glad she gave me the head's up. And more importantly...CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
Image ImageImage.

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 » June 20, 2011 11:21 am

All your brides maids had fantastic boobs. I let them all know that more than once. Its how I roll. So thank you!

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 11:21 am

drunkpirate66 wrote:
All your brides maids had fantastic boobs. So thank you!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image ImageImage.

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw » June 20, 2011 11:30 am

Great reading all about all the fun you had. :D

Debbie

Big Green PH
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pascagoula Run
Number of Concerts: 16

Post by Big Green PH » June 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Amazing. I was literally coming on here to ask if anybody had pictures / a detailed retelling of the weeding. I only caught a glimpse of it (and barely remember seeing it).

and CONGRATS!!!! what an amazing story you'll have!
"I need to start growing up," I thought to myself the other day, as I sat in my pillow fort.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Big Green PH wrote:
Amazing. I was literally coming on here to ask if anybody had pictures / a detailed retelling of the weeding. I only caught a glimpse of it (and barely remember seeing it).

and CONGRATS!!!! what an amazing story you'll have!
For some reason the thought of "and some of you have kids that were conceived at my shows." Just sayin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image ImageImage.

maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories » June 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Standing at the top of the Pilgrim Monument in Provincetown. This is breathtaking and an amazing end to my day.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 12:30 pm

maid memories wrote:Standing at the top of the Pilgrim Monument in Provincetown. This is breathtaking and an amazing end to my day.
PTown was beautiful yesterday. Sat right the bar at the pier, and had a cold Long Trail Ale.
Image ImageImage.