Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Who went to Great Woods- 6/18

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Big Green PH
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pascagoula Run
Number of Concerts: 16

Re: Who's Going to Great Woods- 6/18

Post by Big Green PH » June 20, 2011 12:30 pm

tigzoe wrote:
Big Green PH wrote:
SoXphan wrote:Hi all!
The wedding went off without a hitch and I could not have asked for a better day. Thank you to those that stopped by and making my walk down the "aisle" a moment I will never forget. Hundreds of parrotheads clearing the way and cheering me on was just perfect! THANK YOU! If you have any pictures please send them my way, I would love to see them!!
Amazing. I was literally coming on here to ask if anybody had pictures / a detailed retelling of the weeding. I only caught a glimpse of it (and barely remember seeing it).

and CONGRATS!!!! what an amazing story you'll have!
For some reason the thought of "and some of you have kids that were conceived at my shows." Just sayin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are worse stories to tell your kids. "When you were conceived, mommy was wearing a grass skirt and a coconut bra. And so was daddy..."
"I need to start growing up," I thought to myself the other day, as I sat in my pillow fort.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Big Green PH wrote:
tigzoe wrote:
Big Green PH wrote:
The wedding went off without a hitch and I could not have asked for a better day. Thank you to those that stopped by and making my walk down the "aisle" a moment I will never forget. Hundreds of parrotheads clearing the way and cheering me on was just perfect! THANK YOU! If you have any pictures please send them my way, I would love to see them!!
Amazing. I was literally coming on here to ask if anybody had pictures / a detailed retelling of the weeding. I only caught a glimpse of it (and barely remember seeing it).

For some reason the thought of "and some of you have kids that were conceived at my shows." Just sayin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are worse stories to tell your kids. "When you were conceived, mommy was wearing a grass skirt and a coconut bra. And so was daddy..."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
Image ImageImage.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 2:11 pm

I gotta share this one with those stuck working. I love the grin on his face! Puts me back in a happy place :)
Attachments
IMG_3548.jpg
IMG_3548.jpg (118.48 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
Image ImageImage.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » June 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Things keep coming back to me in dribs and drabs ...

I was standing on line at the meet and greet Saturday afternoon and 2 girls walked by. One of them said "that's Shakira." No, that's Nadirah. Shakira is the blonde woman from Colombia whose hips don't lie.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Ragtop Girl
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Ragtop Day
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM DRINKS !

Post by Ragtop Girl » June 20, 2011 2:47 pm

tigzoe wrote:I gotta share this one with those stuck working. I love the grin on his face! Puts me back in a happy place :)
:):):)!!
Barb

Throw all our cares away, Its a ragtop day...

Great Woods - 7/19

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling » June 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Big Green PH wrote:
tigzoe wrote:
Big Green PH wrote:

the only bad part of that story would be either: a) Daddy made it look goooooood; or b) Daddy needed a bigger coconut than mommy for his...

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama » June 20, 2011 4:37 pm

tigzoe wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
tigzoe wrote:Ok...I am not sure where to begin...

Dave and Barb...thanks for all the hard work with the food, I promise to tip better next year!!! Sorry you couldn't make it to the beach or the Sandbar. It wasn't the same without you!!!

LInda...Much love!!! Hope you had a good time with your first GW exp!

Mike...thanks for the chocolate! I am glad you did the total weekend!!! Hope you go back home and tell everyone how EPIC it was!!!

Matt and Andrew...thanks for taking me under your wing at the Sandbar. I will never understand the man gene that makes it possible for you to remember every baseball stat in the planet!

Barry...you ARE the husband I never knew I wanted!

Pam and Tommy...finally!!!

Larry....FINALLY!!! And nice new hairdo. Foolish me thought you had it in a ponytail!

Ravi...there is always next year!!!

Countless BN'ers I have met before....THANK YOU!!! This was by far the best concert experience I have had!

Other BN'ers that I didn't introduce myself to, I am sorry!!! 32 cars in the caravan!! I was overwhelmed in the Shaw's parking lot. But thanks to all that created the best concert experience I have ever had. EPIC!!!!
Tig ......it was nice to finally meet you too!!!!
Glad you made it home safe. I didn't know you weren't staying local Sat. night.
2 hour drive ...... no problem,,,,,kept the top down and the music loud!!

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum » June 20, 2011 4:51 pm

What a great time! I opened my cooler yesterday and had two Landsharks, one PBR and one nip of Tequila, none of which I brought with me to the show.

Dave's cooking rocked again, the food was so good I think I gained 7 pounds this weekend ... no really I did :-?

Tam's bar was 6 feet lower this year but still just as fun.

Nice meting Swiss Mike and his swiss booze and chocolate were great.

Funny seeing Andrew's passed out pictures, I sat next to him and started talking to him and realized he was O-U-T when he didn't talk back, I gave him a standing 8 count. I was hoping he wasn't dead or Jon and I would have dragged him around the lot like Weekend at Bernie's.

I am trying to think of the funniest lines I hear this weekend and the top three that came to mind are:

(1) Jon to the cop: "Sir, there is a line infraction over there!" (they had lines in the lots and asked everyone to keep that area clear so they could drive though on bikes and golf carts, a few people down from us had a table was an inch over the line so Jon ratted them out, the cop laughed but said "he was on it")

(2) Saturday AM, driving to the show a hungover Stacey trying to do inventory on what she drank the night before then a light bulb went off and she blurted "O my god, I forgot about the Tequila"

(3) Saturday afternoon Larry walking over to the food table saying "I need more meat" .

There was never a chance the Stanley Cup would make it on stage after all, the team had a party that night at Foxwoods with cup in hand. And racked up a slight bar tab: http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/201 ... ns_tab.png

And from I heard, either the cops didn't do their jobs or we did our job very well because the only arrests Saturday were counterfeit tickets and scalping. I vote for the latter!

:D
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » June 20, 2011 4:54 pm

I only have one picture but it's on my computer at home and I won't be back until Wednesday night. If you go to p. 234 of this thread, there's a link to my shutterfly album with pictures from the tailgate. The one picture I have should be in there.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 5:13 pm

TommyBahama wrote:
tigzoe wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
tigzoe wrote:Ok...I am not sure where to begin...

Dave and Barb...thanks for all the hard work with the food, I promise to tip better next year!!! Sorry you couldn't make it to the beach or the Sandbar. It wasn't the same without you!!!

LInda...Much love!!! Hope you had a good time with your first GW exp!

Mike...thanks for the chocolate! I am glad you did the total weekend!!! Hope you go back home and tell everyone how EPIC it was!!!

Matt and Andrew...thanks for taking me under your wing at the Sandbar. I will never understand the man gene that makes it possible for you to remember every baseball stat in the planet!

Barry...you ARE the husband I never knew I wanted!

Pam and Tommy...finally!!!

Larry....FINALLY!!! And nice new hairdo. Foolish me thought you had it in a ponytail!

Ravi...there is always next year!!!

Countless BN'ers I have met before....THANK YOU!!! This was by far the best concert experience I have had!

Other BN'ers that I didn't introduce myself to, I am sorry!!! 32 cars in the caravan!! I was overwhelmed in the Shaw's parking lot. But thanks to all that created the best concert experience I have ever had. EPIC!!!!
Tig ......it was nice to finally meet you too!!!!
Glad you made it home safe. I didn't know you weren't staying local Sat. night.
2 hour drive ...... no problem,,,,,kept the top down and the music loud!!
[smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] Though it would have been nice if you appeared at the Combah, but glad you made it home safely!
Image ImageImage.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 5:14 pm

BottleofRum wrote:What a great time! I opened my cooler yesterday and had two Landsharks, one PBR and one nip of Tequila, none of which I brought with me to the show.

Dave's cooking rocked again, the food was so good I think I gained 7 pounds this weekend ... no really I did :-?

Tam's bar was 6 feet lower this year but still just as fun.

Nice meting Swiss Mike and his swiss booze and chocolate were great.

Funny seeing Andrew's passed out pictures, I sat next to him and started talking to him and realized he was O-U-T when he didn't talk back, I gave him a standing 8 count. I was hoping he wasn't dead or Jon and I would have dragged him around the lot like Weekend at Bernie's.

I am trying to think of the funniest lines I hear this weekend and the top three that came to mind are:

(1) Jon to the cop: "Sir, there is a line infraction over there!" (they had lines in the lots and asked everyone to keep that area clear so they could drive though on bikes and golf carts, a few people down from us had a table was an inch over the line so Jon ratted them out, the cop laughed but said "he was on it")

(2) Saturday AM, driving to the show a hungover Stacey trying to do inventory on what she drank the night before then a light bulb went off and she blurted "O my god, I forgot about the Tequila"

(3) Saturday afternoon Larry walking over to the food table saying "I need more meat" .

There was never a chance the Stanley Cup would make it on stage after all, the team had a party that night at Foxwoods with cup in hand. And racked up a slight bar tab: http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/201 ... ns_tab.png

And from I heard, either the cops didn't do their jobs or we did our job very well because the only arrests Saturday were counterfeit tickets and scalping. I vote for the latter!

:D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image ImageImage.

Marnin Grita Guy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Marnin Grita Guy » June 20, 2011 5:26 pm

WOW!!

...more to follow, for now taking off at 7:15 pm.

Leaving on a jet plane.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 5:35 pm

Marnin Grita Guy wrote:WOW!!

...more to follow, for now taking off at 7:15 pm.

Leaving on a jet plane.
Safe travels Barry!
Image ImageImage.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Ok...upload is now complete. Here ya go!
http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x37 ... ?start=all
Image ImageImage.

PA Parrot
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything from A1A or White Sportcoat
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Something strong

Post by PA Parrot » June 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks to everyone who made our first Great Woods trip amazing! It was great to finally be able to put a faces to the screen names we all see here. Special thanks to Dave for the time and effort to do the cooking. It all was great! Thanks to Tam for the tonga juice (still can't believe you made it all the way to Camden with the deck last year and we failed to get any of that). Thanks to Tig for welcoming us as soon as we got to our hotel. Thanks to everyone else (way to many to name) who made our weekend one we will remember some of. :lol: I sure hope we can meet up again sometime. You are an amazing group of people. Thanks again!
Kevin

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 5:55 pm

I would be very impressed if you remembered all the names :)
Image ImageImage.

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose » June 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Tig, He remembered ours... :D
Dave

maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories » June 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Last cocktail of the trip with Barry at the airport. Thank you to everybody who made this amazing! We're already planning next year.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 6:06 pm

gunthermoose wrote:Tig, He remembered ours... :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good point Dave! We are the only ones that matter :P
Image ImageImage.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe » June 20, 2011 6:07 pm

maid memories wrote:Last cocktail of the trip with Barry at the airport. Thank you to everybody who made this amazing! We're already planning next year.
WOOHOO!!!!! Glad you had a good time and someone was there to help Barry get to his plane :)
Image ImageImage.