Who went to Great Woods- 6/18

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Re: Who's Going to Great Woods !!

Post by ScarletB »

gunthermoose wrote:I saw the Friday the 17th as well, but I figured it's just a carry over from the same date in 2010..

Only time will tell...
Isn't that the name of a song??? :D

And we know you'd tell us what you knew! :wink:
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

2 pages for a thread already for a concert that doesn't exist yet...not bad..
I guess us New Englanders need something to get us through the winter...
Dave

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

Even though the low is supposed to be 4 degrees tonight, I can't help but be happy that I feel Spring is in the air.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

gunthermoose wrote:2 pages for a thread already for a concert that doesn't exist yet...not bad..
I can't wait for the thread title change to actually include the dateS..yes, I made it plural.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

gunthermoose
Here We Are

Post by gunthermoose »

tigzoe wrote:
gunthermoose wrote:2 pages for a thread already for a concert that doesn't exist yet...not bad..
I can't wait for the thread title change to actually include the dateS..yes, I made it plural.
I will be happy to change it :D
Dave

Ragtop Girl
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Ragtop Day
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM DRINKS !

Post by Ragtop Girl »

Pictures were taken while I was up in the area for an interview. Just hope the snow will be melted before we start to party :lol: :lol: :lol:
Barb

Throw all our cares away, Its a ragtop day...

Great Woods - 7/19

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

:lol: :lol: Have you seen the MOTM 2011 thread? How many posts for something almost a year away?
Although that will slow down now that we have concert dates to talk about. YAYYYY!!!
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

Dr.Corona
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Have heard "Comcast Center", much like Alpine, Riverbend, Shoreline, Jones Beach, Pizza Hut Park, Nissan, Camden, DTE, Pittsburgh, Vegas & others are over-rated. No plans to be there. :pirate: :lol: :pirate:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

TongaTam
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: TONGA JUICE!!!

Post by TongaTam »

Dr.Corona wrote:Have heard "Comcast Center", much like Alpine, Riverbend, Shoreline, Jones Beach, Pizza Hut Park, Nissan, Camden, DTE, Pittsburgh, Vegas & others are over-rated. No plans to be there. :pirate: :lol: :pirate:
Dude.. then you've never been to GREAT WOODS.. us locals don't call it Comcast Center... it'll change its name in a year or two anyways. With GW you need to know where to go.. the whole lot is a lot of fun but the RV section and the club sections are were to be! Our very own C-Dawg and PopcornJack were the first vehicle in last year... even though they werent quite ready for us! ahaha... It's by far my favorite tailgate with Tampa right behind it!
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!

gunthermoose
Here We Are

Post by gunthermoose »

TongaTam wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:Have heard "Comcast Center", much like Alpine, Riverbend, Shoreline, Jones Beach, Pizza Hut Park, Nissan, Camden, DTE, Pittsburgh, Vegas & others are over-rated. No plans to be there. :pirate: :lol: :pirate:
Dude.. then you've never been to GREAT WOODS.. us locals don't call it Comcast Center... it'll change its name in a year or two anyways. With GW you need to know where to go.. the whole lot is a lot of fun but the RV section and the club sections are were to be! Our very own C-Dawg and PopcornJack were the first vehicle in last year... even though they werent quite ready for us! ahaha... It's by far my favorite tailgate with Tampa right behind it!

What this intelligent & lovely lady said....
Dave

TongaTam
Hoot!

Post by TongaTam »

ScarletB wrote:
MacPhin wrote:I hope it isn't that weekend because I don't think I can take that Thursday off since my co-worker will be on vaca that week. I'm praying that it's two shows, the next weekend, 6/23, 25!! Please Jimmy [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

You'd just have to come after work? I know it's not the same but otherwise we'll have to meet you out at the Comber on Friday. Actually the next weekend would be better for Chris & Marilyn too because Caleb graduates the weekend before.
Oh no.. He HAS to change the weekend then! We cant have a GW tailgate without you guys!
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

gunthermoose wrote:
TongaTam wrote:

I was the second car behind Chris and Jack. It was beyond surreal to follow them into an empty lot - Fin displayed proudly on his Jeep with Tin Cup Chalice playing on my stereo. Last year was epic. Amazing time. Of course I will be back for 2011!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

gunthermoose wrote:
TongaTam wrote:

Just joking guys..........would be there in a heartbeat if the stars alligned (which is code for if the wife would let me do it). :lol:
Was within an inch of sneaking out of the house & onto a plane for the hurricane show (thank god I didn't purchase that plane ticket or I would'nt have got into town in time). Tried to drop in for the Thursday tailgate in June '09 but the wife had me touring the Plimoth Plantation before driving out onto the Cape.
Just kinda playing on how everybody seems to have an opinion about 1 of our treasured venues or tailgates being overrated.
Didn't mean to rile up the Northeast corridor danders.
Now back to your regular programming. [smilie=cool_goatee.gif]
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

TongaTam
Hoot!

Post by TongaTam »

Dr.Corona wrote: Just joking guys..........would be there in a heartbeat if the stars alligned (which is code for if the wife would let me do it). :lol:
Was within an inch of sneaking out of the house & onto a plane for the hurricane show (thank god I didn't purchase that plane ticket or I would'nt have got into town in time). Tried to drop in for the Thursday tailgate in June '09 but the wife had me touring the Plimoth Plantation before driving out onto the Cape.
Just kinda playing on how everybody seems to have an opinion about 1 of our treasured venues or tailgates being overrated.
Didn't mean to rile up the Northeast corridor danders.
Now back to your regular programming. [smilie=cool_goatee.gif]
ahahaha! well we'd love for you (and your wife!) to join us! It truely is a unique, and epic as Jon calls it, experience!

Ohhh.. maybe this year we get lanyards that say "early arrival crew".. ahahaha.. our creds!
TongaTam.com

JollyMon66
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by JollyMon66 »

Will the deck be coming to GW?
Image Image Image
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane ...

BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

JollyMon66 wrote:Will the deck be coming to GW?
I believe the "deck" made it's debut Great Woods last summer. The fire marshal even stopped by and deemed it safe! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

And just in case .. I booked hotel rooms at the Courtyard and Comfort inn near Great Woods for June 16-19. $99 a night right now with an easy no loss cancellation policy.

---wow, just realized this is my first post here since July :-?
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

BottleofRum wrote:
I believe the "deck" made it's debut Great Woods last summer. The fire marshal even stopped by and deemed it safe! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

And just in case .. I booked hotel rooms at the Courtyard and Comfort inn near Great Woods for June 16-19. $99 a night right now with an easy no loss cancellation policy.

I just looked at the Courtyard and it's $134 with AAA discount and Comfort Inn is $109???
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Comfort Inn is $99 if you're a AAA member
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

LIPH wrote:Comfort Inn is $99 if you're a AAA member

OK, which I am but I was too lazy to get up and get my purse to get my number. :oops:
I loved the Marriott Residence Inn last year, too bad they raised their rates so much.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote:

There is just something so purely good and accurate about Drunk Pirate and BOR back on Buffettnews for some mid - winter Great Woods hype. Now we just need a Magenta Umbrella joke, some Jason Varitek Hall of Fame debate, some getting Larry to realize was beyond retarded for deleting his Jimmy Buffett music from his IPod and questioning if he would be "staying home this summer", some "Great Woods is opening too damn late" anger, and some "hey, I am not going with Buffettnews but am going with my PH Club but felt the need to post this info on Buffettnews 3 dozen times" posts and we are par for the course. Just got over my Tonga Bowl hangover from last year. Got me 5 + months to prepare - hangover free! Fins the f*ck up!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .