On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Re: Who's Going to Great Woods !!

Post by tigzoe »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:
JollyMon66 wrote:Will the deck be coming to GW?
I believe the "deck" made it's debut Great Woods last summer. The fire marshal even stopped by and deemed it safe! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

And just in case .. I booked hotel rooms at the Courtyard and Comfort inn near Great Woods for June 16-19. $99 a night right now with an easy no loss cancellation policy.

---wow, just realized this is my first post here since July :-?

There is just something so purely good and accurate about Drunk Pirate and BOR back on Buffettnews for some mid - winter Great Woods hype. Now we just need a Magenta Umbrella joke, some Jason Varitek Hall of Fame debate, some getting Larry to realize was beyond retarded for deleting his Jimmy Buffett music from his IPod and questioning if he would be "staying home this summer", some "Great Woods is opening too damn late" anger, and some "hey, I am not going with Buffettnews but am going with my PH Club but felt the need to post this info on Buffettnews 3 dozen times" posts and we are par for the course. Just got over my Tonga Bowl hangover from last year. Got me 5 + months to prepare - hangover free! Fins the f*ck up!
I don't follow stats AT ALL, but yes, I would say Varitek does deserve to be in the HoF. He does his homework and knows the game. He is a great leader and will make a great coach at some point.
Seriously?! Someone deleted all their JB music from their ipod?! Isn't that a sin?
Let's hope if there is a pre or post concert BN gathering, the weather doesn't stink.
No matter what time they decide to open the gates, it will be too late.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

tigzoe wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:
JollyMon66 wrote:Will the deck be coming to GW?
I believe the "deck" made it's debut Great Woods last summer. The fire marshal even stopped by and deemed it safe! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

And just in case .. I booked hotel rooms at the Courtyard and Comfort inn near Great Woods for June 16-19. $99 a night right now with an easy no loss cancellation policy.

---wow, just realized this is my first post here since July :-?

There is just something so purely good and accurate about Drunk Pirate and BOR back on Buffettnews for some mid - winter Great Woods hype. Now we just need a Magenta Umbrella joke, some Jason Varitek Hall of Fame debate, some getting Larry to realize was beyond retarded for deleting his Jimmy Buffett music from his IPod and questioning if he would be "staying home this summer", some "Great Woods is opening too damn late" anger, and some "hey, I am not going with Buffettnews but am going with my PH Club but felt the need to post this info on Buffettnews 3 dozen times" posts and we are par for the course. Just got over my Tonga Bowl hangover from last year. Got me 5 + months to prepare - hangover free! Fins the f*ck up!
I don't follow stats AT ALL, but yes, I would say Varitek does deserve to be in the HoF. He does his homework and knows the game. He is a great leader and will make a great coach at some point.
Seriously?! Someone deleted all their JB music from their ipod?! Isn't that a sin?
Let's hope if there is a pre or post concert BN gathering, the weather doesn't stink.
No matter what time they decide to open the gates, it will be too late.
HoF is based on stats.....a lot of great fielders aren't in because they don't put up the numbers.....Varitek just doesn't have the Numbers.....look how long it took Gary Carter to get in!!

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote:blah, blah, blah ... getting Larry to realize was beyond retarded for deleting his Jimmy Buffett music from his IPod and questioning if he would be "staying home this summer" ... blah, blah, blah
I didn't delete my Jimmy Buffett music from my iPod, I just unchecked it in my iTunes library. It's all still there, it just doesn't get transferred to my iPod when I sync it to my computer. And I didn't say I was staying home this summer, I said I might not be going to GW. There's more to the summer than a trip to MA. The only way Varitek gets in the Hall is if he buys a ticket.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

LIPH wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:blah, blah, blah ... getting Larry to realize was beyond retarded for deleting his Jimmy Buffett music from his IPod and questioning if he would be "staying home this summer" ... blah, blah, blah
I didn't delete my Jimmy Buffett music from my iPod, I just unchecked it in my iTunes library. It's all still there, it just doesn't get transferred to my iPod when I sync it to my computer. And I didn't say I was staying home this summer, I said I might not be going to GW. There's more to the summer than a trip to MA. The only way Varitek gets in the Hall is if he buys a ticket.
Syncing my ipod scares the heck out of me. I have most of the music on my ipod backed up on my external hard drive but if that dies for whatever reason, I will have a major meltdown.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

LIPH wrote:
Yes but you didn't have the full Beachcomber experience! I look forward to that trip to the Cape almost as much as the concert itself.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

ScarletB wrote:
LIPH wrote:
Yes but you didn't have the full Beachcomber experience! I look forward to that trip to the Cape almost as much as the concert itself.

I disagree. There is not anything greater then summer in Massachusetts. That is why Jimmy Buffett decided to "summer" up here starting in the early 1980's. I have been all over the world and there is nothing more fun then Nantucket, the Vineyard, and the Cape . . . not to mention the Maine coast and Southern RI in the summer months. Nothing. Driving down Storrow Drive towards Fenway Park with hundreds of Boston college girls sun bathing on the banks of the Charles River . . . come on! Great Woods being the Super Bowl of Buffett . . . the COMBAH!!!! Why would anyone miss this?

And, for the record, Larry, you did say that you are "Buffett - ed" out and "might stay home this summer". I hope you decide to not stay home so we can beat the Varitek to Cooperstown without a ticket debate to death some more. And, yeah, I do sort of miss ya.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
LIPH wrote:

I disagree. There is not anything greater then summer in Massachusetts. That is why Jimmy Buffett decided to "summer" up here starting in the early 1980's. I have been all over the world and there is nothing more fun then Nantucket, the Vineyard, and the Cape . . . not to mention the Maine coast and Southern RI in the summer months. Nothing. Driving down Storrow Drive towards Fenway Park with hundreds of Boston college girls sun bathing on the banks of the Charles River . . . come on! Great Woods being the Super Bowl of Buffett . . . the COMBAH!!!! Why would anyone miss this?

And, for the record, Larry, you did say that you are "Buffett - ed" out and "might stay home this summer". I hope you decide to not stay home so we can beat the Varitek to Cooperstown without a ticket debate to death some more. And, yeah, I do sort of miss ya.
There really is something special about the New England coast for sure. I feel cheated if I don't get there at some point in the summer
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The "might stay home" comment was in the Frisco rumor thread. Buffett's played there the last 4 years, I've been to all 4 shows but if there's a 5th one this year I might not go. And why would I want to drive all the way up to MA when I live less than 1/2 hour from the beach? I mean seriously, even I'm not that f**ked up.

For the record, I didn't completely rule GW out, I said I was leaning towards not going. A lot can happen between now and whenever a GW show might happen. Maybe I'll change my mind, maybe I won't

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote:The "might stay home" comment was in the Frisco rumor thread. Buffett's played there the last 4 years, I've been to all 4 shows but if there's a 5th one this year I might not go. And why would I want to drive all the way up to MA when I live less than 1/2 hour from the beach? I mean seriously, even I'm not that f**ked up.

For the record, I didn't completely rule GW out, I said I was leaning towards not going. A lot can happen between now and whenever a GW show might happen. Maybe I'll change my mind, maybe I won't

Because according to Jimmy Buffett there is magic in that New England sand. Magic, Larry. Like the Christmas snow that made Frosty. Or like the bat from The Natural. You want to f*ck with magic Larry? Well, Mister, you are a braver man then I am. It is one thing to question the greatness that is Jason Varitek. But messing with New England's magical beach areas is balls out, man.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
LIPH wrote:The "might stay home" comment was in the Frisco rumor thread. Buffett's played there the last 4 years, I've been to all 4 shows but if there's a 5th one this year I might not go. And why would I want to drive all the way up to MA when I live less than 1/2 hour from the beach? I mean seriously, even I'm not that f**ked up.

Because according to Jimmy Buffett there is magic in that New England sand. Magic, Larry. Like the Christmas snow that made Frosty. Or like the bat from The Natural. You want to f*ck with magic Larry? Well, Mister, you are a braver man then I am. It is one thing to question the greatness that is Jason Varitek. But messing with New England's magical beach areas is balls out, man.
I knew you were a pu**y :lol:

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

I'm telling you the appearance of DP on a GW thread really IS akin to the first robin of spring! :D [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

TongaTam
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: TONGA JUICE!!!

Post by TongaTam »

ahahahahah.... now thats some funny s**t! :-P

And, for the record.. OF COURSE THE DECK IS COMING! Complete with some new improvements! See, I'm spoiled! Having my tiki bar hoisted above everyone is now a must! So me, the Tonga Juice, my bowl, the bar, Randy and Tracy and our Deck, will all be there!!
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!

TongaTam
Hoot!

Post by TongaTam »

ScarletB wrote:I'm telling you the appearance of DP on a GW thread really IS akin to the first robin of spring! :D [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
You're right! .... I can almost hear the birds chirping!
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!

TongaTam
Hoot!

Post by TongaTam »

and.. just in case, got a room at the Comfort Inn from Wed - Sun! $98/night with AAA.
Will keep an eye on the Residence Inn.. that was fabulous!!!!
TongaTam.com

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

What time are the gates opening? :o
Dave

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:

I knew you were a pu**y :lol:
Alright! Now you have to come. Need me some Larry humor every so often.

(and being called a pu**sy and a "robin" on the same page . . . I might have to start re-thinking my image. :lol: ).

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

TongaTam wrote:and.. just in case, got a room at the Comfort Inn from Wed - Sun! $98/night with AAA.
Will keep an eye on the Residence Inn.. that was fabulous!!!!

Same here, anyone sees a better deal on the Residence Inn share the wealth. Though I'm sure it will all go up once the dates are announced. :evil:
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

Fruitcake14
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Love and Luck
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Fruitcake14 »

gunthermoose wrote:What time are the gates opening? :o
WHY, Dave?? WHY??? :lol: :roll: :lol:
~*~Life is better barefoot~*~

ImageImage

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Fruitcake14 wrote:

I know right!!!!! Whatever time is the best time . . . no anger on the Great Woods thread!!!!!!

Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Just about anything, as long it's in a blue cup.

Post by Tropic_Al »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
Fruitcake14 wrote:

I know right!!!!! Whatever time is the best time . . . no anger on the Great Woods thread!!!!!!
They open when they open. But for me, the earlier the better! 8)
Michael "Tank" Listowski 05.14.54-09.24.08 RIP