Who's going to Detroit July 21st?!

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots

Re: Who's going to Detroit July 21st?!

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

PetalMel wrote:hmmmmmmmm, thinking that the grandma will have the keets...wonder if she would take them as early as Tuesday so we can hit the Air Mville show in Warren.. LOL I may exhaust all my babysitting tickets but it would be worth it :)

You're lucky. My parents (and nearly everyone we know) goes to Buffett. We're hauling my SIL down from the U.P. to watch our kids for the concert.

ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

The forecast for Thursday is as hot as 96 now on some sites. I've done hot once before in Cincy, but I don't think it was THAT hot. We were planning on a 3pm arrival, but I know we'll be melted if it really is 96, not to mention dehydrated.

What's everyone planning on doing to combat the temps? I've thought about trying to find an RV to borrow/rent. We do have a canopy, but that doesn't help too much. We wondered how we could haul our kids' pool and water, LOL. I really want to tailgate, but the temp is scaring me, LOL.

KeyLimin
They don't dance like Carmen no more
Number of Concerts: 21

Post by KeyLimin »

CMC....

- Get some colorful bandanas - wet them down and tie one around your neck and one on each wrist.
- Bring spray bottles and fill them with the melt water from the bottom of your cooler.

- Alternate alcohol drinks with bottles of water.

- Yes, some will bring pools - although hauling water in can be tricky

- s*** it up - it's only once a year :wink:
Key Limin' - Wish I was limin' in the keys right now!

nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

ugh on the 96! It was cooler than that when we went to a concert in Texas! :lol:
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/

hemispheredancer05
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In Breathe Out Move On
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on my mood!!!

Post by hemispheredancer05 »

I saw those temps, too. But on the flip side i would rather have the heat than pouring rain. Biggest thing is to stay hydrated. DD16 is getting excited for her first JB show. :D
Michelle

Image Image

http://www.facebook.com/shelbyjosh ....hit me up!!

Soon-to-be U of M mom!! GO BLUE!!!

nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

hemispheredancer05 wrote:I saw those temps, too. But on the flip side i would rather have the heat than pouring rain. Biggest thing is to stay hydrated. DD16 is getting excited for her first JB show. :D

The Pine Knob monsoon show of a few years back was quite entertaining :lol: (I wasn't on the lawn though)
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/

Tangobutt
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Barometer Soup
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Lime Margarita

Post by Tangobutt »

We did a nice rainy show with Doobie Brothers in Harrisonburg VA couple yrs ago! It was quite refreshing!!

I'm bringing a stack of white washclothes which we can dip in the cooler and scrub our faces/pits/t*ts with.
And cage fans (I'm a dog show person!) and spray bottles (same!).
We're used to those long hot-ass days.

So, yeah, we dusted off the party gear today and washed all the tropical cups, flamingo shaped curly-Q straws and blew up the parrot and the sharks. Whew!!!!
Pine Knob MI & Bristow VA (2010), Pine Knob MI (2011), Detroit MI & Joliet/Chicago IL (2012), Detroit MI & Indianapolis IN (2013), Detroit MI & Cuyahoga Falls OH (2014), Detroit Riverside Park MI (2015), Pine Knob MI (2016)

parrotheadred
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: THAT'S WHAT LIVIN IS TO ME !!!
Number of Concerts: 71
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM and COLD Beer :)

Post by parrotheadred »

GOT MY TICKET TODAY :) 8th ROW CENTER from the STAGE !!!!..SoOOoOoO EXCITED !!!

see everyone soon!

FINS UP ! _____/)______

PARROTHEAD RED
Attachments
cincinatti09.jpg
cincinatti09.jpg (39.73 KiB) Viewed 1050 times

caly
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: skinny pirate
Location: St. Thomas, but not the one in U.S.V.I....Canada!!!

Post by caly »

nutmeg wrote:
hemispheredancer05 wrote:I saw those temps, too. But on the flip side i would rather have the heat than pouring rain. Biggest thing is to stay hydrated. DD16 is getting excited for her first JB show. :D

The Pine Knob monsoon show of a few years back was quite entertaining :lol: (I wasn't on the lawn though)
I was ........ the night I lost my virginity!!!!! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

hemispheredancer05
I have found me a home

I was on the lawn when the monsoon hit. After that I vowed I would only get pavilion tix. That was up until this year when I had to buy 2 for me. No way was I spending $150 for DD16 ticket. She is looking forward to all the parking lot debauchery. Until now she has only heard stories. Plus, she's my driver going home! Win win for me!
Michelle

Image Image

Captain Morgan
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It changes weekly...
Number of Concerts: 69
Favorite Boat Drink: Whatever's cold!

Post by Captain Morgan »

ParrotheadCMC wrote:The forecast for Thursday is as hot as 96 now on some sites. I've done hot once before in Cincy, but I don't think it was THAT hot. We were planning on a 3pm arrival, but I know we'll be melted if it really is 96, not to mention dehydrated.

What's everyone planning on doing to combat the temps? I've thought about trying to find an RV to borrow/rent. We do have a canopy, but that doesn't help too much. We wondered how we could haul our kids' pool and water, LOL. I really want to tailgate, but the temp is scaring me, LOL.
Its going to be a hot one folks, plan accordingly! Unlike Cincy, the Pine Knob parking lot is blacktop so it just radiates the heat! I've got 5 coolers and a keg bucket so far to prefill with ice! :P
2016 Captain Morgan photo ops: Detroit (68), Cincinnati (69)

caly
At the Bama Breeze

Post by caly »

Captain Morgan wrote:
ParrotheadCMC wrote:The forecast for Thursday is as hot as 96 now on some sites. I've done hot once before in Cincy, but I don't think it was THAT hot. We were planning on a 3pm arrival, but I know we'll be melted if it really is 96, not to mention dehydrated.

Its going to be a hot one folks, plan accordingly! Unlike Cincy, the Pine Knob parking lot is blacktop so it just radiates the heat! I've got 5 coolers and a keg bucket so far to prefill with ice! :P
I remember sun burned feet (sun reflects on that blacktop) and the imprint of a palm tree in the pavement from the bottom of my shoe.

So can't wait. Need to release a little frustration. New kitchen went in yesterday and NONE of the counter tops were cut at the correct angles ......... somebody has some fixin to do ...... glad its not us that screwed up.
Hey Kev ...... all that ice sounds titillating. [smilie=loopyblonde-blinking.gif]

ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

Forecast is now 100 degrees for Pine Knob on Thursday. Looks like we won't be tailgating in that. That's just too hot!

hemispheredancer05
I have found me a home

ParrotheadCMC wrote:Forecast is now 100 degrees for Pine Knob on Thursday. Looks like we won't be tailgating in that. That's just too hot!
Oh my...I didn't see that. :o
Michelle

Image Image

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Martyritaville »

caly wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:

I remember sun burned feet (sun reflects on that blacktop) and the imprint of a palm tree in the pavement from the bottom of my shoe.

So can't wait. Need to release a little frustration. New kitchen went in yesterday and NONE of the counter tops were cut at the correct angles ......... somebody has some fixin to do ...... glad its not us that screwed up.
Hey Kev ...... all that ice sounds titillating. [smilie=loopyblonde-blinking.gif]
Again with the titillating? :lol:
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

come on, what's another four degrees??? :) I haven't begun to think about all our tailgating plans since I'm laid up with a huge leg infection thanks to our boat prop... :( Coolers and coolers of ice will be on the agenda with a whole lot more water packed than boat drinks I'm guessing.

Still hoping to bring a pool but haven't figured out who all is going and who's rig it will be in. I love the bandana idea as well as the spray bottle and tubing idea in another thread. It will be hot but worth it :)

"steam bath and a show all for the price of one ticket." :)
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

caly
At the Bama Breeze

Post by caly »

Martyritaville wrote:
caly wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:

Again with the titillating? :lol:

damn spell check .........obviously I meant tailgating [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=nope.gif]

ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

What's with 4 more degrees? Well the 100 is just the temp, minus humidity and heat index. I was pushing it thinking about going at 96. 100 is a no go. If I look at right now here in Northville, the temp is 93, but it feels like 97. If you start adding more degrees onto that 100, it truly is dangerous.

Honestly we're looking at spending $$$$ for a pool, fans, spray bottles, sun umbrellas, ice, etc, etc, etc, etc. All in an effort to be less miserable (notice I didn't say comfortable). Thanks to the temps, we'll have to spend most of that time drinking water instead of any alcoholic concoctions. And like someone mentioned, if you're not lucky enough to score the grassy lots, you've gotta add the heat from the lot itself.

To all those toughing it out....good luck and be smart. I have a feeling the poor paramedics are gonna have a very long day dealing with all those not so smart.

ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

FWIW, I will be doing my snow day dance every night between now and Thursday. Perhaps that can bring some cool air down from Canada, LOL. It works some of the times in scoring me a snow day (I'm a teacher).

PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

ParrotheadCMC wrote:FWIW, I will be doing my snow day dance every night between now and Thursday. Perhaps that can bring some cool air down from Canada, LOL. It works some of the times in scoring me a snow day (I'm a teacher).

I also work in the schools, so I'll join you (even though I am calling it a "rain day" because I just can't get myself to use that "s" word..... :o )

I see your point about the weather and we are also not too sure when we are headed out. In my younger days I still would have been in the park n ride and not minded the heat. But nowadays I'm more about enjoying myself and not spending days after in sheer misery because I just can't handle the heat like I used to.
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......