Who Went to Great Woods 6/23/12 ?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Re: Who's Going to Great Woods 6/23/12 ?

Post by tigzoe »

Good job with the self control, Dave!
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

TommyBahama wrote:
lime rickie wrote:Grabbed a single Sec 3 Row X seat 1.

Now just need one more REALLY good one.
becareful with section 3 tickets starting with 1......some obstructed , x maybe far enough back that it wouldn't....same with section 1 as the numbers go higher ( seat one starts after the section 2 isle)
Other way around, Tommy. Seat 1 in Sec 3 is on the aisle between 2 and 3. Seat 1 in Section 1 is the far right (looking at the stage)
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

lime rickie wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

becareful with section 3 tickets starting with 1......some obstructed , x maybe far enough back that it wouldn't....same with section 1 as the numbers go higher ( seat one starts after the section 2 isle)
Hmm, looked at a detailed seating chart...what would be the obstruction?

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... =yfp-t-701
The speakers used to be set up on the stage, seriously blocking the view from the far right and left. But they're hanging now so like Pam said, you can pretty much see the whole stage.

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

lime rickie wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

It is the way the stage is set back so if you are closer to the front but too far to the right or left in section 1 or 3 of the stage you can't see half the stage. There are blind-spots but the farther back you are the better.
Last edited by BottleofRum on April 14, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

Jazzy88
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Jolly Mon
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Goombay Smash

Post by Jazzy88 »

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn in Mansfield, however I still need to get my concert tix.
conch014 wrote:We got 4 in section 4 and 4 in section 5. Tickets have an 11am lot open time printed on them, at least (hopefully) nothing like last year's cluster that was and is Jiffy Lube. Anyone else staying at the Holiday Inn in Mansfield?

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

tigzoe wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:Looks like the scalpers cornered the market on Sec 2 and 3.... 62 tix in Sec 2 and 43 in Sec available.... :-?
I just looked at the prices on SH....are you freakin kidding me?!
Yea I saw that......lawns for over $100...., :roll: :evil:
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
tigzoe wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:Looks like the scalpers cornered the market on Sec 2 and 3.... 62 tix in Sec 2 and 43 in Sec available.... :-?
Don't worry...you'll be able to score cheaper ones closer to the show date.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

It's opening up a bit...just saw two in Sec 4 Row H center.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

Other way around, Tommy. Seat 1 in Sec 3 is on the aisle between 2 and 3. Seat 1 in Section 1 is the far right (looking at the stage)
thanks Jen.....i was looking from the lawn...not if i was on the stage....i just wanted to warn people buying in those sections, that it is obstructed along the walls. you can see Jimmy some of the band members are blocked.

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

TommyBahama wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

thanks Jen.....i was looking from the lawn...not if i was on the stage....i just wanted to warn people buying in those sections, that it is obstructed along the walls. you can see Jimmy some of the band members are blocked.
They used to be blocked when the speakers were on the stage but not so much any more.

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

lime rickie wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
tigzoe wrote:
Yea...I know.....it just ticks me off. But really who would buy lawns for over $100 when you can still some seats for slightly more? Do they think we're that stupid?
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

Purple Ink
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Jamaican Rum Punch

Post by Purple Ink »

Holiday Inn for us, too.

Finally got something decent (a pair in Sec 1 row FF right next to the box seats) after about an hour of open air reserved throwbacks.

It was a bit of a pain dealing with Camden and GW on sale at the same time. Centered good Camdens proved a lot harder than I thought after last year. The lower side sections at GW are great compared to the lower sides in Camden...it's like watching the show from the hallway.

I'm just glad we weren't in the car at 10:00 this morning like I thought we'd be. That would have been rough.

Just need to line up the dog sitter now!
" ...that's how I came to know another
good friend"

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
tigzoe wrote:
Yea...I know.....it just ticks me off. But really who would buy lawns for over $100 when you can still some seats for slightly more? Do they think we're that stupid?
Desperation beats brains.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

They used to be blocked when the speakers were on the stage but not so much any more.
you still are somewhat blocked...3 years ago i was in sec 3 about 8-10 rows back....i was maybe 3-4 rows in from the wall.....i couldn't see Utley , and anything to the right of him....Barley could see Jim Mayer.

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

lime rickie wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

It's the angle more than anything because some of the speakers on the side of the stage might block Nadirah and Tina but that's pretty much it from my experience and I've been all up and down that side over the years
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

TommyBahama wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

you still are somewhat blocked...3 years ago i was in sec 3 about 8-10 rows back....i was maybe 3-4 rows in from the wall.....i couldn't see Utley , and anything to the right of him....Barley could see Jim Mayer.
You must mean Sec 1....Utley is on the right side of the stage....Nadirah and Tina are far left. I have sat in the far left of Sec 3 and saw everyone on stage, and Marilyn & Glenda were 10 rows behind me that show and said the same thing.
ImageImage

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

[Other way around, Tommy. Seat 1 in Sec 3 is on the aisle between 2 and 3. Seat 1 in Section 1 is the far right (looking at the stage)[/quote]
thanks Jen.....i was looking from the lawn...not if i was on the stage....i just wanted to warn people buying in those sections, that it is obstructed along the walls. you can see Jimmy some of the band members are blocked.[/quote]
They used to be blocked when the speakers were on the stage but not so much any more.[/quote]
you still are somewhat blocked...3 years ago i was in sec 3 about 8-10 rows back....i was maybe 3-4 rows in from the wall.....i couldn't see Utley , and anything to the right of him....Barley could see Jim Mayer.[/quote]You must mean Sec 1....Utley is on the right side of the stage....Nadirah and Tina are far left. I have sat in the far left of Sec 3 and saw everyone on stage, and Marilyn & Glenda were 10 rows behind me that show and said the same thing.[/quote]
yes.....but , you get the idea....everyone is so quick to correct!!!...damn!!!!!

jimsig
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by jimsig »

Was looking around at what's available again for the heck of it and the interactive seating chart is now available. Says that there is nothing available in the lawn (of course) but also nothing in Sec 9 or 15, both sides of the lawn seats. Could it be those never went onsale to create more demand? Any body get or see seats for sale there today?
Jim

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

TommyBahama wrote:[Other way around, Tommy. Seat 1 in Sec 3 is on the aisle between 2 and 3. Seat 1 in Section 1 is the far right (looking at the stage)
you still are somewhat blocked...3 years ago i was in sec 3 about 8-10 rows back....i was maybe 3-4 rows in from the wall.....i couldn't see Utley , and anything to the right of him....Barley could see Jim Mayer.You must mean Sec 1....Utley is on the right side of the stage....Nadirah and Tina are far left. I have sat in the far left of Sec 3 and saw everyone on stage, and Marilyn & Glenda were 10 rows behind me that show and said the same thing.
yes.....but , you get the idea....everyone is so quick to correct!!!...damn!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImage

Johnny's Lounge
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: ~~^~~ Fins ~~^~~
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Don't know anymore.

Post by Johnny's Lounge »

Interactive chart
I can't believe there are still 1200+ seats available for the show. TONS of open air seats.
"Reading departure signs in some big airport
Reminds me of the places I've been.
Visions of good times that brought
so much pleasure
makes me want to go back again."