Who is going to San Diego Saturday March 10?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 1

Re: Who is going to San Diego Saturday March 10?

Post by MerrickBill »

venom949 wrote:LOL - I'm treating this like a Port Call in Australia or Singapore... I'll be there around 11-12ish ...
Venom,

I was just re-reading the thread, and you're the guy who told me to be there at 9. I guess I'll get there when I get there. And we should probably exchange information in a PM so we can meet up once we're there.

Bill
svedspx
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: 12 volt man
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by svedspx »

Ok, even though Venom tried his best to get us a supporter, we are going to be on our own. Since this tailgate is an unsanctioned, non sponsored, non endorsed, non authorized, non permitted ( we don't need a permit ), non supported "event", there will be no additional restroom facilities. There will only be 1 toilet available by the trolley station so unless you're bringing an RV, plan on standing in a looooong bathroom line. :oops:

I made a phone call to Diamond Environmental services and got the info on porta potty's, and for those who may be interested, can rent a toilet. They charge $71 for a standard porta potty and $91 for a VIP unit with a pump sink and faucet. They will deliver on Friday and pick up on Monday. They can take orders until 5pm Thursday. They come with a combo lock so you can control who uses it if you choose. Their phone # is 888-744-7191.

Phinz Up
Bob
Plugged into Blender and Song
venom949
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by venom949 »

svedspx wrote:Ok, even though Venom tried his best to get us a supporter, we are going to be on our own. Since this tailgate is an unsanctioned, non sponsored, non endorsed, non authorized, non permitted ( we don't need a permit ), non supported "event", there will be no additional restroom facilities. There will only be 1 toilet available by the trolley station so unless you're bringing an RV, plan on standing in a looooong bathroom line. :oops:

I made a phone call to Diamond Environmental services and got the info on porta potty's, and for those who may be interested, can rent a toilet. They charge $71 for a standard porta potty and $91 for a VIP unit with a pump sink and faucet. They will deliver on Friday and pick up on Monday. They can take orders until 5pm Thursday. They come with a combo lock so you can control who uses it if you choose. Their phone # is 888-744-7191.

Phinz Up
Bob
Yup, if anyone wants to pitch in/front the money, let me know - I don't mind pitching in for the greater good.
parrotheadred
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: THAT'S WHAT LIVIN IS TO ME !!!
Number of Concerts: 71
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM and COLD Beer :)

Post by parrotheadred »

I will put $10 in...as long as the people who paid are the only ones using it. WELL ---a shot is good for one p*** and a TIT FLASH is good as well:)..lol

PACKED and READY to go to the AIRPORT tomorrow !!!! YES!!!!...

Fins Up!

whats the weather going to be sat ????

PARROTHEAD RED
Attachments
detroitPARROTHEADred2011.jpg
detroitPARROTHEADred2011.jpg (47.21 KiB) Viewed 2061 times
MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder

Post by MerrickBill »

I called Diamond Environmental services. There seem to be some issues above simply renting the porta potty. They would deliver it some time on Friday and pick it up Monday. That means for part of Friday, all of Sunday, and part of Monday it would be sitting "unsupervised." If, during that time, it were vandalized or moved, whoever paid for it would be financially responsible. I was ready to plunk down my credit card, but that kinda scared me off. Saturday evening pickup would cost an additional $100. Also, not being familiar with the parking lot at Qualcomm I have no idea where to have them locate the unit. Finally, they have no way of knowing if others are ordering potties from them for this event. So if multiple people placed orders we could wind up with more than we needed.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Bill
svedspx
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by svedspx »

Got an Rv so I don't need a head but the entertainment potential alone is worth the price. Besides, I'd pay that much in parking at other venues by the time we got our group in. Just think, you'd be serving the Parrothead community and if you're creative, you could have some fun with this new power you possesed. As an example:

I think I'd put a sign on it that says:
Parrot Head
Property of Parrothead Red.
Look for him in a red wig and gold beads with a bobble head parrot.
Ask him what it takes to get the combination.
[smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Or maybe make a treasure hunt for the combo. Or just sit in a chair with some Buffett tunes and a Margarita and watch people's reaction when they have to solve a puzzle on the door to get the combo.
Endless possibilities so I'll have to give this some thought. :roll:

Bob
Last edited by svedspx on March 7, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
svedspx
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by svedspx »

MerrickBill wrote:I called Diamond Environmental services. There seem to be some issues above simply renting the porta potty. They would deliver it some time on Friday and pick it up Monday. That means for part of Friday, all of Sunday, and part of Monday it would be sitting "unsupervised." If, during that time, it were vandalized or moved, whoever paid for it would be financially responsible. I was ready to plunk down my credit card, but that kinda scared me off. Saturday evening pickup would cost an additional $100. Also, not being familiar with the parking lot at Qualcomm I have no idea where to have them locate the unit. Finally, they have no way of knowing if others are ordering potties from them for this event. So if multiple people placed orders we could wind up with more than we needed.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Bill
Just dive in Bill. Do you really think something will happen to an out house? Just dive in and have them deliver it to the far west end of sec H by the drag strip.
svedspx
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by svedspx »

parrotheadred wrote:I will put $10 in...as long as the people who paid are the only ones using it. WELL ---a shot is good for one p*** and a TIT FLASH is good as well:)..lol

PACKED and READY to go to the AIRPORT tomorrow !!!! YES!!!!...

Fins Up!

whats the weather going to be sat ????

PARROTHEAD RED
76 degrees and sunny. 8)
corehole3
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by corehole3 »

has anyone seen this in the tribune? What does it mean to the party at the Q

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/mar ... wl-recipe/
nothing like the sun, the beach, and buffett.
El Pablo
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Drunkin 15 Year Old Girlfriend
Number of Concerts: 57
Favorite Boat Drink: La Cerveza del Pacifico

Post by El Pablo »

Interesting... after reading the comments in the UT posting I went to the stadium's web site only to find that the city/stadium is now sanctioning the tailgate at $20 a car & $60 for RVs. Imagine that! Someone realized this could generate some revenue. The question that remains now is will they be providing additional facilities? No mention of that in their info sheet linked below. I guess we should call and find out what the $20 gets us. Hopefully, a bathroom!

http://www.sandiego.gov/qualcomm/pdf/buffettailgate.pdf
venom949
Southeast of disorder

Post by venom949 »

Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal around here... So who was it that was saying don't waste my time and that it wasn't going to happen? You owe me a drink!
MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder

Post by MerrickBill »

El Pablo wrote:Interesting... after reading the comments in the UT posting I went to the stadium's web site only to find that the city/stadium is now sanctioning the tailgate at $20 a car & $60 for RVs. Imagine that! Someone realized this could generate some revenue. The question that remains now is will they be providing additional facilities? No mention of that in their info sheet linked below. I guess we should call and find out what the $20 gets us. Hopefully, a bathroom!

I assume this is good even if it is a little pricey. 60 bucks for an RV in an area that yesterday was gonna be free? Sounds like gouging. I wonder what we're gonna get for our money. I hope they plan to provide bathrooms. And I hope they don't intend to be as strict and rigid as that flyer makes it sound. I read that the SD Parrot Head Club was planning to bring a stage and have a musician playing. Doesn't sound like that would be allowed now. Also, They're first opening the parking lot up at noon which means traffic is gonna back up pretty quickly. I was hoping to get there a little on the early side and find a nice piece of real estate on which to set up camp. I guess that's no longer possible.

I guess it's too late to find another place that doesn't want to gouge us.

I'm glad I didn't order that porta potty this afternoon.

Bill
venom949
Southeast of disorder

Post by venom949 »

MerrickBill wrote:
El Pablo wrote:Interesting... after reading the comments in the UT posting I went to the stadium's web site only to find that the city/stadium is now sanctioning the tailgate at $20 a car & $60 for RVs. Imagine that! Someone realized this could generate some revenue. The question that remains now is will they be providing additional facilities? No mention of that in their info sheet linked below. I guess we should call and find out what the $20 gets us. Hopefully, a bathroom!

I assume this is good even if it is a little pricey. 60 bucks for an RV in an area that yesterday was gonna be free? Sounds like gouging. I wonder what we're gonna get for our money. I hope they plan to provide bathrooms. And I hope they don't intend to be as strict and rigid as that flyer makes it sound. I read that the SD Parrot Head Club was planning to bring a stage and have a musician playing. Doesn't sound like that would be allowed now. Also, They're first opening the parking lot up at noon which means traffic is gonna back up pretty quickly. I was hoping to get there a little on the early side and find a nice piece of real estate on which to set up camp. I guess that's no longer possible.

I guess it's too late to find another place that doesn't want to gouge us.

I'm glad I didn't order that porta potty this afternoon.

Bill
You know the City was going to get their cut regardless, might as well have this sanctioned and not have it broken up two hours in. $20-$60 for 6-7 hours of partying is fair if you relate that to the cost of going to the movies or event out to dinner...
MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder

Post by MerrickBill »

venom949 wrote:You know the City was going to get their cut regardless, might as well have this sanctioned and not have it broken up two hours in. $20-$60 for 6-7 hours of partying is fair if you relate that to the cost of going to the movies or event out to dinner...
Yeah, but at the movies, the theater provides the movie. What we get here is the right to park somewhere that was free yesterday. If they provide bathrooms and aren't overly rigid about their rules it should be okay.

We'll see.

Bill
venom949
Southeast of disorder

Post by venom949 »

MerrickBill wrote:
venom949 wrote:You know the City was going to get their cut regardless, might as well have this sanctioned and not have it broken up two hours in. $20-$60 for 6-7 hours of partying is fair if you relate that to the cost of going to the movies or event out to dinner...
Yeah, but at the movies, the theater provides the movie. What we get here is the right to park somewhere that was free yesterday. If they provide bathrooms and aren't overly rigid about their rules it should be okay.

We'll see.

Bill
We'll have a good time man, don't even worry about it. The Parrot Heads are providing the Movie, but instead of getting paid to act, they're paying to act... I'm good with that. As far as bathrooms... I'm sure we can find a tree/schrubbery within walking distance.
TheSecretsInTheCrust
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: California Promises
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain & Coke

Post by TheSecretsInTheCrust »

I saw this today on the Qualcomm Stadium website

Going to Jimmy Buffet Concert at Viejas Arena?

The Jimmy Buffet Tailgate Party!

Saturday, March 10, 2012 (Gates open at Noon)

Jimmy Buffet Tailgating at Qualcomm Stadium

Parking fee will be $20 for Cars and $60 for RV’s. Enter at the Main Gate
only.

Tailgating will be allowed in your parking space only. Glass bottles
and containers are prohibited. Any tailgate which provides a keg or
catered food service must obtain a permit from the stadium manager.

Tailgate patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of
their guests. Patrons who demonstrate inappropriate and disruptive
behavior, including the following are subject to ejection and lose parking
privileges.

Excessive consumption of alcohol
Obscene, offensive or abusive language or actions
Fighting, or otherwise dangerous, abusive or profane behavior
Unruly or inconsiderate behavior
Indecent exposure or undressing
Wearing obscene or indecent clothing
Interfering with security procedures
Any action warranting eviction by SDPD
Noise making devices are not allowed at the stadium. San Diego
Municipal Code 59.0103(h). Small megaphones, less than 12 inches
long are acceptable.

Please visit our website to view a full list of Stadium Policies and
procedures for Tailgating found at:
http://www.sandiego.gov/qualcomm/pdf/st ... esproc.pdf
Find Yourself A Lover Who Will Glue You To The Floor
Jackiet949
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by Jackiet949 »

... Shout out to Vemon and all for helping to coordinate. Two Days - FINS UP!
El Pablo
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Drunkin 15 Year Old Girlfriend
Number of Concerts: 57
Favorite Boat Drink: La Cerveza del Pacifico

Post by El Pablo »

I called the stadium manager's office and they did confirm that they will be bringing in more bathrooms for this event. Now we know where our $20 is going.
MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder

Post by MerrickBill »

El Pablo wrote:I called the stadium manager's office and they did confirm that they will be bringing in more bathrooms for this event. Now we know where our $20 is going.
Well, that's worth something.

See you guys in 48 hours.

Bill
TheSecretsInTheCrust
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: California Promises
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain & Coke

Post by TheSecretsInTheCrust »

El Pablo wrote:I called the stadium manager's office and they did confirm that they will be bringing in more bathrooms for this event. Now we know where our $20 is going.
Exactly and for security. FINS UP. THE FUN IS ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY
Find Yourself A Lover Who Will Glue You To The Floor