Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

docandjeanie
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Re: Who's Going to Camden 8/28/12???

Post by docandjeanie »

We'll be following the bus, so keep us informed of what time everything is happening MK, thanks :)

Sorry Maufro, you won't be with us :(
ImageImageImage

SunsetChef
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Sooooo many...
Favorite Boat Drink: 4 Rum Rum Runner

Post by SunsetChef »

It's "Camden Crew" time!... :o

serfmunke
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: not sure
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by serfmunke »

Hello everyone, this will be the husband's and my first Buffet show and are really looking forward to it. I am an avid concert/festival goer, he just goes sometimes when I drag him along. Any pointers, helpful hints, suggestions, recommendations on the lots and the show? I see you all are very into tailgating. I am but have to wait for the husband to get home from work, we should be in Camden by 4 which seems late compared to most comments I saw here. Thanks and looking forward to the madness!

serfmunke
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: not sure

Post by serfmunke »

Oh and I am looking for a canopy so If anyone has an EZ up they are looking to sell I am interested granted it is in good condition. I will be using it to vend at festivals and craft shows.

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

serfmunke wrote:Hello everyone, this will be the husband's and my first Buffet show and are really looking forward to it. I am an avid concert/festival goer, he just goes sometimes when I drag him along. Any pointers, helpful hints, suggestions, recommendations on the lots and the show? I see you all are very into tailgating. I am but have to wait for the husband to get home from work, we should be in Camden by 4 which seems late compared to most comments I saw here. Thanks and looking forward to the madness!
Camden is not very tailgate friendly. If you plan in getting there after four, plan on being parked in one of the back lots. Just an FYI after the show get to your car and leave. Camden is not exactly the safest city in the u.s. my wife and I did the Camden show once, never again. We now go to Pittsburgh or the manassas, va show
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

7vegas11
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: 2008 CBP FruitCakes, "and the Phillies in First Place!"
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Jello Shots

Post by 7vegas11 »

jbfinscj wrote:
serfmunke wrote:Hello everyone, this will be the husband's and my first Buffet show and are really looking forward to it. I am an avid concert/festival goer, he just goes sometimes when I drag him along. Any pointers, helpful hints, suggestions, recommendations on the lots and the show? I see you all are very into tailgating. I am but have to wait for the husband to get home from work, we should be in Camden by 4 which seems late compared to most comments I saw here. Thanks and looking forward to the madness!
Camden is not very tailgate friendly. If you plan in getting there after four, plan on being parked in one of the back lots. Just an FYI after the show get to your car and leave. Camden is not exactly the safest city in the u.s. my wife and I did the Camden show once, never again. We now go to Pittsburgh or the manassas, va show

Sorry that you had such a bad time the "one" time that you went to Camden. I truly enjoy the group that we meet up with from Buffett News there every year, and would not miss it for the world.
but my friends just call me RAGZ; so feel free.

princeoftides
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: frankie and lola
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by princeoftides »

i agree, the parking lot can be a bit of a hassle with the police, but we still have a blast every year!

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

I broke down and bought a ticket for Camden. I can't take the day off so I'll have to leave after work. I'll get down there around 5:00 (somehwere). I'll look for the bus and stop to say hello.
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead

Post by jbfinscj »

7vegas11 wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:

Sorry that you had such a bad time the "one" time that you went to Camden. I truly enjoy the group that we meet up with from Buffett News there every year, and would not miss it for the world.

At no time did I say I had a bad time at Camden, but when my options are Pittsburgh, Camden, and Manassas (prior to the tailgate debacle of last year) I will always choose Pittsburgh and Manassas. Both have parking right at the venue and both are in safe sections of town. My post was not an insult towards the folks from buffettnews who go to Camden. Facts are facts, the Suquehanna Bank Center was built when the city tryed to revitalize the water front area in Camden, sadly the parking lots are surrounded by scrap metal yards and export containers. Maybe Pittsburgh and Manassas have me spoiled, I just remember all the "homeless" pan handlers asking for money while everyone walked back to their cars after the show.

docandjeanie
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Post by docandjeanie »

Since you are coming so late, consider taking the Ferry, you can park at Penns Landing in Philly and take the Ferry over, it's reasonable, and will let you off right there. At the end of the show, you go right there and take the Ferry back, it's very easy. If you want to drive to Camden, which is what we do every year, you will be directed to park in whatever lot you can get into. The front lots 1,2,and 3 open at 3:00 pm so you might be lucky and get over there, those lots are run by the Susquehanna Bank Center and you will have a good time. Plus the meet and greet for the Coral Reefers is at 5:00 pm usually in lot 1 or 2, so if you do some walking around you may luck out and stumble upon that as well. Our bus and gang will most likely be in lot 11, by the Campbell Field, and that's the last lot, which usually opens first. Look for the BN flag, they will be flying where our group is and come by and say hello. So if you drive, that is where our gang will most likely be, this is the "no 10x10 lots, although we are all hopeful that this won't be an issue again, but probably will be... Have a great time and Fins up! The police just want to get you into the lot as quick as possible once they open the lots.

PM me with any other questions,

Jeanie
ImageImageImage

parrotheadred
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: THAT'S WHAT LIVIN IS TO ME !!!
Number of Concerts: 71
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM and COLD Beer :)

Post by parrotheadred »

HI!

can you bring a cooler on the ferry?..and also can you leave your car overnight at the penns landing??

thanks for the help. just avoinding any drinking and driving :)

fins up!

PARROTHEAD RED
Attachments
detroitPARROTHEADred2011.jpg
detroitPARROTHEADred2011.jpg (47.21 KiB) Viewed 3382 times

parrotheadred
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: THAT'S WHAT LIVIN IS TO ME !!!
Number of Concerts: 71
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM and COLD Beer :)

Post by parrotheadred »

SO EXCITED NOW!!!!!...Just Scored FRONT ROW PIT!!!!!

CANT WAIT!!!..I think I will start PACKING NOW.

LOL!!!!

LOOK for the RED WIG down by JIMMY :)

fins up!

PARROTHEAD RED

____/)______
Attachments
parrotheadredinVEGAS2010.jpg
parrotheadredinVEGAS2010.jpg (36.77 KiB) Viewed 3358 times

pirates wife at 40 sumtin
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by pirates wife at 40 sumtin »

Been waiting to see what Matt's schedule is. Since he works in a school. He can only get a half day off, so we will not be able to make it to the Crew carivan. Is there a cell list, or can a few of you send me a PM so I can find out where you are. I think this is the first time since 2003 we won,t be going in with the Buffettnews gang. :( :( :)

pirates wife at 40 sumtin
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by pirates wife at 40 sumtin »

7vegas11 wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:

I agree Nick a great group.

dianenat
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes with the day!
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by dianenat »

Hi ! Does anyone have a clue about parking this year??? :wink:
'I'm growing older but not up. My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck. So let the winds of change blow over my head, I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead."
Diane Andruszko
President and Public Relations Director
CJPHC
dianenat@hotmail.com
CJPHC http://WWW.CJPHC.org

blackjacks wife
Hoot!

Post by blackjacks wife »

dianenat wrote:Hi ! Does anyone have a clue about parking this year??? :wink:
The River Sharks stadium opens at noon with Jimmy and the Parrots playing from 1-5. The will have to open lots for this event....

MORE AL!!!

Mick The Pirate
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum w/ Jell-O shot chasers

Post by Mick The Pirate »

Yyaaaaarrrggh!!!

Hi everybody......

Gypsie Girl is simply too sick to make it this year.

As you may know she has 2 herniated discs.

Youmay not know.....

For the last 2 years she has been battling 6 autoimmune disorders.

Sjogren's Syndrome
Fibromyalgia
Pleurisy
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
Hashimoto's Thyroid Syndrome
&
Raynaud's Syndrome

We have seen:

3 rheumotologists
1 pulmonologist
1 allergist/immunologist
1 infectious disease dr
1 endocrinologist

And they are all stumped regarding what the proper treatment and meds are.

So I just wanted to check in.

Hope eveybody has a great time!

Have a few drinks for us!

The setlist looks awesome!

Hope the weather cooperates!

Maybe next year we'll be able to rejoin the phlock!

Love and miss all of you!

Mick
YES I AM A PIRATE, 200 YEARS TOO LATE !!!

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Mick The Pirate wrote:Yyaaaaarrrggh!!!

Hi everybody......

Gypsie Girl is simply too sick to make it this year.

As you may know she has 2 herniated discs.

Youmay not know.....

For the last 2 years she has been battling 6 autoimmune disorders.

Sjogren's Syndrome
Fibromyalgia
Pleurisy
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
Hashimoto's Thyroid Syndrome
&
Raynaud's Syndrome

We have seen:

3 rheumotologists
1 pulmonologist
1 allergist/immunologist
1 infectious disease dr
1 endocrinologist

And they are all stumped regarding what the proper treatment and meds are.

So I just wanted to check in.

Hope eveybody has a great time!

Have a few drinks for us!

The setlist looks awesome!

Hope the weather cooperates!

Maybe next year we'll be able to rejoin the phlock!

Love and miss all of you!

Mick
Have never met you guys but this is so much to deal with! Sending positive vibes and phin power your way ....
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

7vegas11
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: 2008 CBP FruitCakes, "and the Phillies in First Place!"
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Jello Shots

Post by 7vegas11 »

jbfinscj wrote:
7vegas11 wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:

At no time did I say I had a bad time at Camden, but when my options are Pittsburgh, Camden, and Manassas (prior to the tailgate debacle of last year) I will always choose Pittsburgh and Manassas. Both have parking right at the venue and both are in safe sections of town. My post was not an insult towards the folks from buffettnews who go to Camden. Facts are facts, the Suquehanna Bank Center was built when the city tryed to revitalize the water front area in Camden, sadly the parking lots are surrounded by scrap metal yards and export containers. Maybe Pittsburgh and Manassas have me spoiled, I just remember all the "homeless" pan handlers asking for money while everyone walked back to their cars after the show.
Guess I am a little touchie when it comes to Camden.
Whether it was taking my kids to a RiverSharks game, or we went to the Aquarium, or I went to a concert;
I always have a great time over there.

Sometimes we take the RiverLink Ferry from Philly and have to hang out for a while waiting for the ferry to circle around.
Sometimes we drive, and when we do, we usually hang out for about an hour so as not to deal with the traffic.
I wouldn't venture into the surrounding neighborhoods, but I have always felt safe along the waterfront.
but my friends just call me RAGZ; so feel free.

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester

Post by jbfinscj »

7vegas11 wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:
7vegas11 wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:

Guess I am a little touchie when it comes to Camden.
Whether it was taking my kids to a RiverSharks game, or we went to the Aquarium, or I went to a concert;
I always have a great time over there.

Sometimes we take the RiverLink Ferry from Philly and have to hang out for a while waiting for the ferry to circle around.
Sometimes we drive, and when we do, we usually hang out for about an hour so as not to deal with the traffic.
I wouldn't venture into the surrounding neighborhoods, but I have always felt safe along the waterfront.

It's cool. I am a huge fan of the Riverlink Ferry. I agree the waterfront is a great area in the Philly/Camden area.