At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Frisco TX 2013!!!

Post by Grams »

:oops:
BahamaBreeze wrote:
Grams wrote:
conched wrote:Lol.
That would be the day... I have enough trouble backing a car can you just imgagine!! If you remeber we stayed at the Comfort Suites the 1st year it was open before they started charging an arm and leg. It was very noisy. Remember the fire outside our window in the dumpster Nancy?? I prefer the Hampton or Hilton Garden but will go wherever you guys decide.
Wait, a fire?
Well you know it wasn't me as I wasn't there. :wink:

OK, how much is a taxi...or can we get one from the hotel?
We will probably be in my car... I don't mind driving... Rather save the $$ for more adventures... Just don't put gallon jugs of booze in the back of the hatch without telling me... :oops: :oops:

Grams
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Grams »

LeftOutKnitter wrote:
BahamaBreeze wrote:
conched wrote:Frisco concert venue is A LOT closer to the Hilton Garden Inn we stayed at in 2011 than our Dallas drive last year.

I always want to stay at Comfort Suites Frisco over any other motel if we can make it happen. Can't beat walking distance.
Ok, lets do it then! And then its MORE STEPS!!
SO, are we feeling this is a reliable tip? First WEEK or first Weekend? We really need to visit with friends and family while we're there this year so we will be staying at least a week.
Don't know how reliable this is... We just like planning.. Hey it could end up being another Hoot Island for all I really know!! I'm just ready for him to start announcing stuff!!! [smilie=superkewl.gif]

BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

Grams wrote::oops:
BahamaBreeze wrote:
Grams wrote:
conched wrote:Lol.
That would be the day... I have enough trouble backing a car can you just imgagine!! If you remeber we stayed at the Comfort Suites the 1st year it was open before they started charging an arm and leg. It was very noisy. Remember the fire outside our window in the dumpster Nancy?? I prefer the Hampton or Hilton Garden but will go wherever you guys decide.
Wait, a fire?
Well you know it wasn't me as I wasn't there. :wink:

OK, how much is a taxi...or can we get one from the hotel?
We will probably be in my car... I don't mind driving... Rather save the $$ for more adventures... Just don't put gallon jugs of booze in the back of the hatch without telling me... :oops: :oops:
Thats right, a gallon of tequila went down the drain... :cry:

phijimanOK
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40; Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Incommunicado / Pharmade

Post by phijimanOK »

piratenurse wrote:Bought my travel trailer today and ready to break it in! Sailor Jim, I would like to request my usual spot right now, please....oh, better make that 2 spots. So what if this is only the rumor page? I CALL SHOTGUN!!!!! [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
Hey PN, wasn't that our spot? I may have to pass a bribe to Jim to get that spot! :)
Dallas, Kansas City, Houston, Denver, Irvine, Frisco, and Vegas

Lostarlake
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Lostarlake »

The last line of this article all but confirms what others on here have reported - http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id ... roup/News/

Now what's the exact DATE?

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Only Time Will Tell!

Dlish
Gypsies in the palace
Number of Concerts: 26

Post by Dlish »

Korvette wrote:According to the Frisco Convention Bureau head Buffett will be in Frisco the first weekend of May!!!!!!!!! I tried to book a room at Comfort Suites in Frisco and they were booked up??????
I was down in Frisco, TX this past weekend to watch my Bison play in the FCS National Championship. I had a blast tailgating and it reminded me of a mini Buffett tailgate. I met the mayor of Frisco and he raved about the Buffett tailgate and revenue it generated for Frisco. I asked if he was going to be playing again and he just smiled. So when I returned home I open up the local newspaper and I read this, "For Frisco, Bison Crowd takes a Back Seat to Jimmy Buffett."

Check out the last line of the story....

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/385704/

I'm not missing this show!

LeftOutKnitter
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: When the Coast is Clear
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by LeftOutKnitter »

Dlish wrote:
Korvette wrote:According to the Frisco Convention Bureau head Buffett will be in Frisco the first weekend of May!!!!!!!!! I tried to book a room at Comfort Suites in Frisco and they were booked up??????
I was down in Frisco, TX this past weekend to watch my Bison play in the FCS National Championship. I had a blast tailgating and it reminded me of a mini Buffett tailgate. I met the mayor of Frisco and he raved about the Buffett tailgate and revenue it generated for Frisco. I asked if he was going to be playing again and he just smiled. So when I returned home I open up the local newspaper and I read this, "For Frisco, Bison Crowd takes a Back Seat to Jimmy Buffett."

I would like to give a special shout out to Korvette and you, for building up the pheverd phit I am currently enduring. Stalking twitter, news, info, margaritaville, cnn. Anybody who can give me a bloody date.
I'm starting the "secret" party stash now. Booze can be bought there. I'm sure there some more blinging to do on this table, fabric to pick, perhaps installing the battery powered lights.

~Hippolyte~
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by ~Hippolyte~ »

I've never before bought travel insurance....does it make sense??

If I book the flight now, it'll be $210....travel insurance is $11

If I wait until an oPHicial date is announced....which as we know could take an extra month or TWO the flight alone will be more than $225.....

Anyone use travel insurance with Frontier Airlines before? Should I just book it now with the add-on??

Upon further review, here are the only acceptable reasons to cancel my flight: This policy covers if you have an unforeseen sickness, injury or death of yourself, a family member, a travelling companion or business partner. The policy also covers for being subpoenaed, jury duty, terrorist incidents, and unforeseen traffic accidents
Frisco Feeding Frenzies I-V (+16 other shows)

Grams
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Grams »

~Hippolyte~ wrote:I've never before bought travel insurance....does it make sense??

If I book the flight now, it'll be $210....travel insurance is $11

If I wait until an oPHicial date is announced....which as we know could take an extra month or TWO the flight alone will be more than $225.....

Anyone use travel insurance with Frontier Airlines before? Should I just book it now with the add-on??

Upon further review, here are the only acceptable reasons to cancel my flight: This policy covers if you have an unforeseen sickness, injury or death of yourself, a family member, a travelling companion or business partner. The policy also covers for being subpoenaed, jury duty, terrorist incidents, and unforeseen traffic accidents
I guess that won't work... Have you checked Spirit Airines?? They fly out of Denver. I use them to find super cheap flights to Vegas!! I've done round trip to Vegas for around 90.00 before. They are a little strange.. no reserved seat.. no luggage (backpack ok if it fits under seat) etc. but works for me and my budget!!

irshfiregrl
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 110
Favorite Boat Drink: 1800 coconut tequila

Post by irshfiregrl »

Dear JB managment.... I beg you not to book this the first weekend in May. Its the only weekend i have something planned and FRISCO is on this years to do list. THANK YOU!!
"I'm just hangin on while this ole world keeps spinning, and its good to know its out of my control. If there's one thing that Ive learned from all this living,is that It wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

24 years but I've hit triple digits !

spadilly
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason...
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Green Flash West Coast IPA

Post by spadilly »

Can't wait!
I have tons of friends up in DFW, so finding a place to stay is no big deal for me.
Frisco has been the biggest/best tailgate I've been to.
Houston 4/21/08 - Tampa 4/25/09 - Houston 5/20/10 - Houston 12/6/10 - Houston 5/5/11 - Frisco 5/21/11 - Frisco 5/4/13 - Houston 5/29/14 - Houston 5/28/15 - Houston 6/4/16 - Houston 6/8/17

tropicalfever
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by tropicalfever »

If its April 18-30 we will not be able to go. We will be down island sailing. :pirate:
ImageImageImage

texag05
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by texag05 »

Looking good for May 4th. FC Dallas just posted their schedule. Home games on 4/13, 4/20, 5/11, 5/25.

http://www.fcdallas.com/schedule

~Hippolyte~
At the Bama Breeze

Post by ~Hippolyte~ »

Grams wrote:....Have you checked Spirit Airines?? They fly out of Denver. I use them to find super cheap flights to Vegas!! I've done round trip to Vegas for around 90.00 before. They are a little strange.. no reserved seat.. no luggage (backpack ok if it fits under seat) etc. but works for me and my budget!!
I have not heard of Spirit Airlines.

Cheapest, I'd have to arrive Wed, May 1...depart Tue, May 7
and it would be $120.....

$30 More if I leave Monday (arriving Wed)
$80 More if I leave Sunday (morning) and arrive Thursday (evening)
$100 More if I leave Sunday (night) and arrive Thursday (evening)

Cheapest plane means MORE hotel/couch time....I'm gonna need CHEAP (or $0 :D) for hotle/couch too.

Darned air travel!!

I was originally thinking Thursday afternon through Sunday night....3-sleep over nights, 2-days off work.

fins2theleft
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: "Rhumba Man"! there are parts in that song that....well....
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!

Post by fins2theleft »

I was really hoping for Starplex again. The venu is so much better for the show, lawn people & all. But I won't complain b/c there will be a TX show. Frisco tailgate is cool, but I still prefer Hoot Island. Either way we will be there.
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been!

Grams
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Grams »

~Hippolyte~ wrote:
Grams wrote:....Have you checked Spirit Airines?? They fly out of Denver. I use them to find super cheap flights to Vegas!! I've done round trip to Vegas for around 90.00 before. They are a little strange.. no reserved seat.. no luggage (backpack ok if it fits under seat) etc. but works for me and my budget!!
I have not heard of Spirit Airlines.

Cheapest, I'd have to arrive Wed, May 1...depart Tue, May 7
and it would be $120.....

$30 More if I leave Monday (arriving Wed)
$80 More if I leave Sunday (morning) and arrive Thursday (evening)
$100 More if I leave Sunday (night) and arrive Thursday (evening)

Cheapest plane means MORE hotel/couch time....I'm gonna need CHEAP (or $0 :D) for hotle/couch too.

Darned air travel!!

I hear ya.. but it is another option for ya. Guess we will check again when we finally hear somthing!! Soon I hope!!

I was originally thinking Thursday afternon through Sunday night....3-sleep over nights, 2-days off work.

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

fins2theleft wrote:I was really hoping for Starplex again. The venu is so much better for the show, lawn people & all. But I won't complain b/c there will be a TX show. Frisco tailgate is cool, but I still prefer Hoot Island. Either way we will be there.
I agree with Kelli.
I like Frisco, but it is just sooooo big. There are people every year that I don't see.
Hoot Island is our little piece of heaven....small, intimate, great group of Phriends.

Korvette
Favorite Buffett Song: Margaritaville
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by Korvette »

LeftOutKnitter wrote:
Dlish wrote:

I would like to give a special shout out to Korvette and you, for building up the pheverd phit I am currently enduring. Stalking twitter, news, info, margaritaville, cnn. Anybody who can give me a bloody date.
I'm starting the "secret" party stash now. Booze can be bought there. I'm sure there some more blinging to do on this table, fabric to pick, perhaps installing the battery powered lights.

Sorry but gotta call them when I hear them. According to FC Dallas soccer schedule no games at the stadium on the weekend of 4/27, 5/4 or 5/18. Now you pick the date!!!!!!!!

~Hippolyte~
At the Bama Breeze

Post by ~Hippolyte~ »

springparrot wrote:
fins2theleft wrote:I was really hoping for Starplex again. The venu is so much better for the show, lawn people & all. But I won't complain b/c there will be a TX show. Frisco tailgate is cool, but I still prefer Hoot Island. Either way we will be there.
I agree with Kelli.
I like Frisco, but it is just sooooo big. There are people every year that I don't see.
Hoot Island is our little piece of heaven....small, intimate, great group of Phriends.
How about Hoot Island with the Leaky Tiki? [smilie=superkewl.gif] ---and a pool if we could :oops: