Who's going to MOTM 10/31-11/3, 2013?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

fabduo
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Who's going to MOTM 10/31-11/3, 2013?

Post by fabduo »

karat wrote:SUSAN?!!!! You are coming down? Yeah! But just to warn you...there is no Belliagio Brunch...but plenty of Mimosas!

Just need Tequila and I'm good 8)
ImageImageImageImage

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

fabduo wrote:
karat wrote:SUSAN?!!!! You are coming down? Yeah! But just to warn you...there is no Belliagio Brunch...but plenty of Mimosas!

Plenty of tequila in Key West. :D

Debbie
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

Starting to look for airfares......and need to register......and make a reservation for the middle Keys the weekend before.....and get a rental car from FLL.....and one back.......ACK!!!!! *Sigh*

Maybe I'll just have a glass of wine and get to all of that later............. [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:Starting to look for airfares......and need to register......and make a reservation for the middle Keys the weekend before.....and get a rental car from FLL.....and one back.......ACK!!!!! *Sigh*

Maybe I'll just have a glass of wine and get to all of that later............. [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
I haven't done flights yet either. I have points that will cover it but I can't decide whether to go in to Ft Myers and stay with my friends there the weekend before and take the ferry or hope I can hitch a ride with Ringling or someone from FLL. Then there's the trip back. uch.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

fabduo wrote:

tequila? what is this of which you speak?
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

ScarletB wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:Starting to look for airfares......and need to register......and make a reservation for the middle Keys the weekend before.....and get a rental car from FLL.....and one back.......ACK!!!!! *Sigh*

I haven't done flights yet either. I have points that will cover it but I can't decide whether to go in to Ft Myers and stay with my friends there the weekend before and take the ferry or hope I can hitch a ride with Ringling or someone from FLL. Then there's the trip back. uch.
The usual itinerary?
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

Looks like I'll also have a M.O.T.M. virgin in tow.
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Wino you know wrote:Looks like I'll also have a M.O.T.M. virgin in tow.

The more the merrier! :D

Debbie
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

RinglingRingling wrote:
ScarletB wrote:

The usual itinerary?
I'm up for all the stops, I just need to know when you're planning on arriving - I imagine I'm staying longer than you are but the trip TO KW should work.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

ScarletB wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
ScarletB wrote:

The usual itinerary?
I'm up for all the stops, I just need to know when you're planning on arriving - I imagine I'm staying longer than you are but the trip TO KW should work.
booked flight thanks to SW sale, in Wed, out Mon
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

RinglingRingling wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
ScarletB wrote:

The usual itinerary?
booked flight thanks to SW sale, in Wed, out Mon
OK you're out. Our rental starts on the Monday before - Ft Myers it is! Maybe ferry in, plane out.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk

Post by Wino you know »

Flying down a day earlier than I'd planned so I can drive 100 miles the other way to the pre-M.O.T.M. pit stop party in Key Largo on Tuesday. :lol:
warmsugar
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Budlite Lime

Post by warmsugar »

Wino you know wrote:Flying down a day earlier than I'd planned so I can drive 100 miles the other way to the pre-M.O.T.M. pit stop party in Key Largo on Tuesday. :lol:
What party?
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk

Post by Wino you know »

A P.H. couple who live in Key Largo always throw a PIT-STOP party on the Monday & Tuesday before M.O.T.M. officially start.
Several of the folks here have attended in years past. Boat tours of the immediate area and live music (usually our very own Loren Davidson) included. They ask everyone for a small donation. ($25.00-$30.00, I think). Food is usually provided, you can B.Y.O.B., or drink from the kegs they supply.
It's mostly for the people who fly into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale and drive to Key West, but anyone going to M.O.T.M. is welcome to attend.
You should see details of the event around the middle or latter part of September.
TropicalTroubador
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in front of me.

Post by TropicalTroubador »

Wino you know wrote:Flying down a day earlier than I'd planned so I can drive 100 miles the other way to the pre-M.O.T.M. pit stop party in Key Largo on Tuesday. :lol:
It's a helluva party. :) And the drive is worth it.

There will be an announcement about it here on this thread a week or two before MOTM, most likely.
Living my life on Island Standard Time...
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

http://www.lorendavidson.com
TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

I'm wondering if anybody's got a spare room in a house or some such that they don't have spoken for yet.

I'm arriving in KW on Monday 10/28 (playing the Rum Barrel that night, if anyone's interested), and departing Monday 11/4. I'll have a car, so it doesn't matter where on the island I am as long as I can park the car at night.

I'm relatively quiet, out a lot, and considerate of folks trying to sleep and some such. I tend to not make messes in public space, can likely turn whatever you've got lying around into tasty beverages, and might play a few songs for you.

Drop me a PM or otherwise let me know if you can help.

Cheers,

Loren
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

Wino you know wrote:A P.H. couple who live in Key Largo always throw a PIT-STOP party on the Monday & Tuesday before M.O.T.M. officially start.
Several of the folks here have attended in years past. Boat tours of the immediate area and live music (usually our very own Loren Davidson) included. They ask everyone for a small donation. ($25.00-$30.00, I think). Food is usually provided, you can B.Y.O.B., or drink from the kegs they supply.
It's mostly for the people who fly into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale and drive to Key West, but anyone going to M.O.T.M. is welcome to attend.
You should see details of the event around the middle or latter part of September.
I usually play there as I'm passing thru. Usually Captain Josh is the host musician, and pretty much everyone from Brent Burns on down the line stops and plays there at some point. It will likely happen Monday and Tuesday, if they do as they've always done.

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk

Post by Wino you know »

TropicalTroubador wrote:I usually play there as I'm passing thru. Usually Captain Josh is the host musician, and pretty much everyone from Brent Burns on down the line stops and plays there at some point. It will likely happen Monday and Tuesday, if they do as they've always done.
Let me know as soon as you get word you're playing there Tuesday, okay, Loren?
Hopefully "Video Dave" will be there too. :lol:
TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

Wino you know wrote:
TropicalTroubador wrote:I usually play there as I'm passing thru. Usually Captain Josh is the host musician, and pretty much everyone from Brent Burns on down the line stops and plays there at some point. It will likely happen Monday and Tuesday, if they do as they've always done.
Let me know as soon as you get word you're playing there Tuesday, okay, Loren?
Hopefully "Video Dave" will be there too. :lol:
Dave's always there. :) He's part of the crowd that makes it happen.

As for me, I'll have to play there Monday early afternoon, because I've got that silly Monday night gig in Key West. :) Unless I just stop long enough to say hi to folks and keep going, so that I can take my time a bit going down the Keys. Having a gig like that makes me drive right by places I'd rather stop at, because I end up running out of time. :(

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

Registration finally sent in. 8)

I'm not going to lie........$180 was a tough check to write. I know...I know....it's for charity. Too bad bringing back the magic didn't involve bringing back the old registration fees. :(
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"