Who's Going to Cincy 7-16??

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

ajrwdwgirl
Favorite Buffett Song: Volcano
Number of Concerts: 10

Re: Who's Going to Cincy 7-16??

Post by ajrwdwgirl »

Thanks for the help. I read somewhere that tailgating has begun around 7am, is that still going to happen this year?

dlewis717
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Jamaica Mistaica
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark or a fine KY bourbon

Post by dlewis717 »

ajrwdwgirl wrote:Thanks for the help. I read somewhere that tailgating has begun around 7am, is that still going to happen this year?
I believe the local chapter of the Parrothead fan club plan on getting there that early but I've heard "officially" that the lots won't open until noon.

We always try to park in a big lot across from River Downs. Sounds like River Downs is being renovated and parking will be at a premium. We are coming up in a small bus from Louisville, KY with about 18 people. I'm hoping we can still get in the lot to tailgate. We won't be there until 2 pm or so.

Enjoy your first "Fincinnati" experience!

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

dlewis717
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Jamaica Mistaica
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark or a fine KY bourbon

Post by dlewis717 »

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Martyritaville »

citcat wrote:The temperature is gonna be under 90 ? :o GOOD GOSH that's chilly [smilie=shake.gif] !!! Bring your coats and mittens for heaven's sake. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep your tonsils covered? :o
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

BigR-KyParrothead
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Knee Deep w/ZBB
Number of Concerts: 49
Favorite Boat Drink: Fat Tire

Post by BigR-KyParrothead »

Martyritaville wrote:First things first...

Happy Birthday, Randall!!

I'll buy you a birthday drink at the tailgate! :D

Uh, second thing - did I mention I was coming to Cincinnati??

No, I didn't mention I was coming. Shoot! [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] I can't even blame Facebook... Where DOES the time go?? This was so far away for so long.

Anyway, sad to say that it'll just be Marty this trip. Unfortunately, the part of the franchise that everyone would rather see cannot get the time off, but Moe does send her love and regrets.

Some of you may remember David, the Alpha Parrot of the WNYPHC, who inexplicably falls asleep at peoples tailgates - he will be along with me for Cher to harass (actually, everyone can harass him, as this is his last concert as a single guy!)

Anywho, sorry to all for being 'incommunicado' - but I really can't wait to see all our 'Cincy' friends again and meet some new ones! Thanx for the parking lot updates, Cher - and Bodypainter, I've enjoyed the pictures of your work thus far! Todd, rum AND tequila, correct? (Just checking). Linda, thanx for the pirate ship tip (you always make me laugh!) Scott & Carol, Lisa & Dean, Mother Flocker, gosh, the list goes on & on. Cannot wait!!

Wow, a week from now I'll be drunk in Cincinnati...probably giving Jimmy my camera and asking if he would mind taking a photo of me & Charleston together...

Woo-hoo!! :D

Phins & Grins,

-The M
Thanks much Marty!

Unfortunately, I will miss the big show this year. I have not even been in this thread very much as of late.

Just bad timing with other "grown up stuff"

Hate that I won't be there, have fun y'all!

Capt.Flock

Post by Capt.Flock »

BigR-KyParrothead wrote:

No, I didn't mention I was coming. Shoot! [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] I can't even blame Facebook... Where DOES the time go?? This was so far away for so long.

Anyway, sad to say that it'll just be Marty this trip. Unfortunately, the part of the franchise that everyone would rather see cannot get the time off, but Moe does send her love and regrets.

Some of you may remember David, the Alpha Parrot of the WNYPHC, who inexplicably falls asleep at peoples tailgates - he will be along with me for Cher to harass (actually, everyone can harass him, as this is his last concert as a single guy!)

Anywho, sorry to all for being 'incommunicado' - but I really can't wait to see all our 'Cincy' friends again and meet some new ones! Thanx for the parking lot updates, Cher - and Bodypainter, I've enjoyed the pictures of your work thus far! Todd, rum AND tequila, correct? (Just checking). Linda, thanx for the pirate ship tip (you always make me laugh!) Scott & Carol, Lisa & Dean, Mother Flocker, gosh, the list goes on & on. Cannot wait!!

Wow, a week from now I'll be drunk in Cincinnati...probably giving Jimmy my camera and asking if he would mind taking a photo of me & Charleston together...

Phins & Grins,

-The M
Thanks much Marty!

Unfortunately, I will miss the big show this year. I have not even been in this thread very much as of late.

What I am not liking this !!!!!!
ImageImage Image

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

BigR-KyParrothead wrote:

Phins & Grins,

-The M
Thanks much Marty!

WTF? no. you are showing up. you invite us all to this d*m shindig, and then you bail at the last minute? no.

tell the gf she can have the baby by herself. you donated 30 sec at the beginning of the process, she's on her own for this part.... ;)
Last edited by RinglingRingling on July 13, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

Martyritaville wrote:
citcat wrote:The temperature is gonna be under 90 ? :o GOOD GOSH that's chilly [smilie=shake.gif] !!! Bring your coats and mittens for heaven's sake. :lol: :lol: :lol:
or coated in antifreeze... ;)

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

RinglingRingling wrote:
Martyritaville wrote:
Looks like you can leave the parkas at home. 90+ all week. It wouldn't be Cincy without it! 8)

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

chippewa wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Martyritaville wrote:
Looks like you can leave the parkas at home. 90+ all week. It wouldn't be Cincy without it! 8)

which means one thing...

complete strangers offered decent rum bitching, "but it's warm..."
and the thought, "it's 90 degrees out here, you were expecting tall frosty mugs?" comes to mind...

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

RinglingRingling wrote:
BigR-KyParrothead wrote:

Phins & Grins,

-The M
Thanks much Marty!

WTF? no. you are showing up. you invite us all to this d*m shindig, and then you bail at the last minute? no.

tell the gf she can have the baby by herself. you donated enough time at the beginning of the process, she's on her own for this part.... ;)
wR2s !! :evil:

Shucks!!! Whatever happened to growing older but not up??

Too bad, Randall - we'll miss ya, but I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do... We know you'd be there if ya could - -and we'll miss ya...

(We'll make sure your share of the rum doesn't go to waste, tho!) :pirate:
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

I just cancelled a couple rooms at Comfort Suites in KY if anybody needs them.
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

Martyritaville wrote:I just cancelled a couple rooms at Comfort Suites in KY if anybody needs them.
so because Randall isn't coming, now you're bailing? great. this keeps up, I am gonna be the only one in the lot tailgating..

things could get ugly.

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

RinglingRingling wrote:
Martyritaville wrote:I just cancelled a couple rooms at Comfort Suites in KY if anybody needs them.
so because Randall isn't coming, now you're bailing? great. this keeps up, I am gonna be the only one in the lot tailgating..

things could get ugly.
I'm pretty sure Marty is still going. He just had doubts about staying in Kentucky. :lol:

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

chippewa wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

things could get ugly.
I'm pretty sure Marty is still going. He just had doubts about staying in Kentucky. :lol:
who doesn't? after you've seen "The Y'all Mall" once, maybe twice... ;)

PartofthePhlock
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day and time.
Number of Concerts: 67

Post by PartofthePhlock »

Hello Cincinnati bound Peeps! [smilie=hiya.gif]

Listen up, I got news that will affect all you peeps staying in Newport or traveling to the Party Source via the express. Yeah its inevitable, we got construction and this one caught me by surprise and I live here. :oops:

This is it: All I-471 exits to and from Newport (RT8) have been CLOSED for construction.. This means the north and south bound exits from 471 into Newport (RT 8, Party Source, JB Fins, Comfort Suites, Hofbrahaus etc) are CLOSED!!! Also, the exit from RT 8 to both north and south bound 471 have been CLOSED.

The work around: From 71: take 27south to RT 8 go east on RT 8 to Newport
From From 471 to Newport/to 471 - Take Grand Avenue exit and go to Monmouth Street it will dead into Newport on the levy area.

Construction on southbound I-471 (down to 1 lane and expect huge backups).
PM me if you have questions.

WEATher UPDATE: Expect high humidity and temps in low 90's. (looks like a bunch of nekkidness this year). Citcat keep your eyes closed [smilie=giggle.gif]
Looking forward to seeing Ya'll. some of ya :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by PartofthePhlock on July 13, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

Oh, for GOSH SAKES !!! We're staying at the Comfort Inn on Riverboat Row...I guess we'll work our way around to get to Margaritaville/back and for the concert, head south from the hotel and hit 275. Can you get off 275 and turn right onto Kellogg ?
What a mess. Didn't they realize Jimmy's in town ? :-? :evil:
:lol:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

Oh, duh....I went back and read your post on p. 13, Cher (about turning onto Kellogg from 275). never mind :oops:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

PartofthePhlock
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day and time.
Number of Concerts: 67

Post by PartofthePhlock »

citcat wrote:Oh, duh....I went back and read your post on p. 13, Cher (about turning onto Kellogg from 275). never mind :oops:

no worries Citcat, the party starts soon. BTW, your missing the Bunbury Festival and the Sausage festival this weekend. they kinda go together don't ya think? :wink: :lol: :lol: