Who's Going to Jones Beach 8/22/2013?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Seas in my veins
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of a Son
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer

Re: Whos' Going to Jones Beach 8/22/2013?

Post by Seas in my veins »

We are in section 19 row J, se you there!

momsrule27
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita!

Post by momsrule27 »

LIPH wrote:Orch. D, row R, seat 13.

Since I'm an anal retentive freak and save all of my ticket stubs, I went back and checked my other tickets from past JB@JB shows. I was in orch. D rows P & W in '09 and '08 respectively, seat 13 both times. That's on the outside aisle, the band passes by on their way off stage at the end of the show. The downside of being on the outside aisle is if it's high tide you might get wet feet. When I saw Miranda Lambert and Kenny Chesney at Jones Beach 4 years ago I was in orch. D row S on the outside aisle. It was high tide and raining. The water was lapping over the edge before Chesney hit the stage. His video guy came to the edge of the stage and shot straight down, the people in the front row were ankle deep in water.
We just got seats in Sec. D! I was a little hesitant at first but saw that you have sat there on several occasions so I guess you like that section. How is it?
Ciao!
Char

--------------------

MOTM 2011, 2009, 2008, 2005

fabduo
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by fabduo »

Since I'm sitting by myself on this day -got Setion C Row J -not too shabby :D
ImageImageImageImage

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Just for laughs, I went on TM a few minutes ago. There are better seats available now that what I have already. I'm not upgrading because it's only a couple of rows closer and then I'd be stuck with an expensive ticket and probably no hope of getting face value for it but good single seats are still out there 6 1/2 hours after going on sale.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

momsrule27
Fruitcake

Post by momsrule27 »

LIPH wrote:Just for laughs, I went on TM a few minutes ago. There are better seats available now that what I have already. I'm not upgrading because it's only a couple of rows closer and then I'd be stuck with an expensive ticket and probably no hope of getting face value for it but good single seats are still out there 6 1/2 hours after going on sale.
Larry - you can return your tix within 72 hours. I just returned the ones I got earlier today when I got the Sec. D tix.
Ciao!
Char

--------------------

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Well we're not close 'cause we bought 6, but we're not in the nosebleed. Even though I like the view of the water. It made me even dizzier than usual. [smilie=loopyblicking.gif]
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

momsrule27 wrote:
LIPH wrote:Just for laughs, I went on TM a few minutes ago. There are better seats available now that what I have already. I'm not upgrading because it's only a couple of rows closer and then I'd be stuck with an expensive ticket and probably no hope of getting face value for it but good single seats are still out there 6 1/2 hours after going on sale.
Larry - you can return your tix within 72 hours. I just returned the ones I got earlier today when I got the Sec. D tix.
Is that 72 hours of your purchase or 72 hours before the show? I upgraded my seats for Jacksonville a week before the show
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

momsrule27
Fruitcake

Post by momsrule27 »

jbfinscj wrote:
momsrule27 wrote:
Is that 72 hours of your purchase or 72 hours before the show? I upgraded my seats for Jacksonville a week before the show
I believe you can return within 72 hours if you decided you don't want them at all for a full refund but I think you can exchange for equal or greater value up to a week before the show. I decided to return them because I didn't want to deal with that much money on my credit card and the seats were the most expensive which if they are not super close they are hard to sell.
Ciao!
Char

--------------------

nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat »

Limited number of cheap seats left. Looks like I'll be listening from the parking lot.

As for the 72 hour refund policy, it's only for certain venues. See the list at http://www.ticketmaster.com/ourguarantee/venues

"Refunds and Exchanges

All tickets for events at participating venues are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, or when you buy tickets from us of equal or higher price, up until one week before the event. See the full Ticketmaster Fan Guarantee for details and exceptions.

The standard policy for other venues and many artists, teams, etc. is No Refunds or Exchanges. But if something comes up closer to the event and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Just contact us!"

fabduo
Behind Door #3

Post by fabduo »

nycfeat wrote:Limited number of cheap seats left. Looks like I'll be listening from the parking lot.

As for the 72 hour refund policy, it's only for certain venues. See the list at http://www.ticketmaster.com/ourguarantee/venues

"Refunds and Exchanges

All tickets for events at participating venues are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, or when you buy tickets from us of equal or higher price, up until one week before the event. See the full Ticketmaster Fan Guarantee for details and exceptions.

The standard policy for other venues and many artists, teams, etc. is No Refunds or Exchanges. But if something comes up closer to the event and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Just contact us!"
Cheap seats open up later also -I got 3 for my Aunt alst year as it got closer they released the upper handicap seats to regular people so just keep looking
ImageImageImageImage

caroltz
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by caroltz »

Too early to start the countdown? (Sorry about the image size. Couldn't figure out how to shrink it down.)

familyof5parrottheads
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: tin cup chalice
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito's n cranberry n soda

Post by familyof5parrottheads »

caroltz wrote:Too early to start the countdown? (Sorry about the image size. Couldn't figure out how to shrink it down.)

Hey Carol -2days for our crew, we are going on Tuesday. I wonder if both shows are going to sell outs?

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Re: Who's Going to Jones Beach 8/22/2013?

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Is anyone chartering a bus to the show?
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Got my ticket in today's mail, didn't get the 8/20 ticket yet.

dewyduster
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by dewyduster »

FinsUp6835 wrote:Is anyone chartering a bus to the show?
Got a bus leaving from Orange, CT. Probably doesn't help you much... :)
~Len
Been stuck here so long down on zero, I'd just like to make it to one
Image Image

dewyduster
Under My Lone Palm

Post by dewyduster »

caroltz wrote:Too early to start the countdown? (Sorry about the image size. Couldn't figure out how to shrink it down.)

Not too early. I started the countdown on 2/22 but failed to keep it going. Fixed your image size BTW.
~Len
Image Image

dewyduster
Under My Lone Palm

Post by dewyduster »

Weeks until the show!
~Len
Image Image

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Best/nearest hotel to stay in the area?
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

FinsUp6835 wrote:Best/nearest hotel to stay in the area?
Best Western Massapequa Park. There's another Best Western in Rockville Centre, I think it's more expensive. There's also a Best Western in Woodbury but that's on the north shore of LI so it's a longer trip to Jones Beach on the south shore. There's a Holiday Inn Express in Lynbrook, it's a couple of miles from where I used to live so it's not that far from the beach. The easiest ride to the beach is probably from the Marriott in Uniondale but that's probably the most expensive. I would avoid any hotels near Kennedy airport or with a Hempstead address.

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Thanks LIPH.

Booked a room at the Jones Beach Hotel. 4 miles from the venue. Looks old school and has mixed reviews but we can handle it for one night of crashing.

My next question...

Does anyone have a tailgate that my wife and I can join? We may have one other couple with us. But, obviously we are willing to pay for food/beer. Or, worst case we could always bring our own. Though, a 4 mile hike with a cooler may be tough lol.

We are 28, fun, and easy going. This will be my 21st buffett show.

Thanks in advance.

Fins up!