Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Who's Going to Austin May 31st?

Post by txaggirl91 »

I'll start the official thread....

Tickets go on sale Friday February 14th.

http://austin360amphitheater.com/events ... eefer-band
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Brown Eyed Girl
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas and Landshark, of course!

Re: Who's Going to Austin May 31st?

Post by browneyedgrltx »

We will be there! Decided to skip Landshark Lover's dirt bike race and go play with our phriends instead! Can't wait!
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not why ships are built."

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Vegas 08, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
Frisco '07, '08, '09, 10, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
New Orleans Jazz Fest '02
Bristow, VA '99

srkmrd
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by srkmrd »

We will be there! I have sent in a question about generators as we are thinking of taking the camper. But no response yet. The info on tailgate and camping did not say but I do seem to remember seeing something about them on the camping rules for Redfest.

I imagine the hookup sites will go really fast, and I am not sure if we will come down Friday or Saturday early.
BEG are you going for the hook up sites again?

browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by browneyedgrltx »

srkmrd wrote:We will be there! I have sent in a question about generators as we are thinking of taking the camper. But no response yet. The info on tailgate and camping did not say but I do seem to remember seeing something about them on the camping rules for Redfest.

I imagine the hookup sites will go really fast, and I am not sure if we will come down Friday or Saturday early.
I have been told by COTA that no external generators are allowed on their property at all - ever. Campers can have onboard generators in the dry camping but they have to extend the exhaust above the roof of the RV. For that reason, we are going full hookups in the RV parking.

From RedFest camping rules: All RV’s require exhaust extensions that reach the top of the RV. For the safety of everyone, RV’s without an extension should not operate a generator. This also applies to generators used by fifth-wheelers.

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
Bristow, VA '99

srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

browneyedgrltx wrote:
srkmrd wrote:We will be there! I have sent in a question about generators as we are thinking of taking the camper. But no response yet. The info on tailgate and camping did not say but I do seem to remember seeing something about them on the camping rules for Redfest.

I have been told by COTA that no external generators are allowed on their property at all - ever. Campers can have onboard generators in the dry camping but they have to extend the exhaust above the roof of the RV. For that reason, we are going full hookups in the RV parking.

From RedFest camping rules: All RV’s require exhaust extensions that reach the top of the RV. For the safety of everyone, RV’s without an extension should not operate a generator. This also applies to generators used by fifth-wheelers.
That is what I had read. That throws me in a quandary. of course I have no idea what they mean by the extends above the roof... but that will definitely impact our decision.

browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by browneyedgrltx »

srkmrd wrote:
browneyedgrltx wrote:

That is what I had read. That throws me in a quandary. of course I have no idea what they mean by the extends above the roof... but that will definitely impact our decision.
On our RV, the exhaust from the generator comes out the side. From there, you would have to extend a pipe to the rooftop so the exhaust doesn't bother other people.

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
Bristow, VA '99

srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

browneyedgrltx wrote:
srkmrd wrote:
browneyedgrltx wrote:

On our RV, the exhaust from the generator comes out the side. From there, you would have to extend a pipe to the rooftop so the exhaust doesn't bother other people.
Makes sense. I hope they add that to the info about tailgating.

jedivet
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Post by jedivet »

I am not yet decided between Houston, Austin, or both, but it's definitely in the idea stage for us to go!
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...

piratenurse
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor (today, anyway)
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!!!!!!!

Post by piratenurse »

We'll be there. Not taking the RV. I have plans to change jobs by then, so no taking Friday off. We will just drive up early Saturday and stay in a hotel overnight. Since I wasn't planning on being able to go to Frisco this year anyway, this is a nice option. Closest venue yet.
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!
Real Parrotheads Ride the Pole!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage

phlip phlop repairman
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Like them all
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by phlip phlop repairman »

Anybody know what they charge for an RV spot? Do they go on sale the same time as the tickets? Just random questions, not totally committed to it yet, but maybe.

Never mind I found the info.
Last edited by phlip phlop repairman on February 7, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather be on the deck of a ship anyday

browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by browneyedgrltx »

phlip phlop repairman wrote:Anybody know what they charge for an RV spot? Do they go on sale the same time as the tickets? Just random questions, not totally committed to it yet, but maybe.
$250 in advance and $300 day of.

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
Bristow, VA '99

phlip phlop repairman
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Like them all
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by phlip phlop repairman »

browneyedgrltx wrote:
phlip phlop repairman wrote:Anybody know what they charge for an RV spot? Do they go on sale the same time as the tickets? Just random questions, not totally committed to it yet, but maybe.
$250 in advance and $300 day of.

Thanks. On sale the same day as tickets right?
I would rather be on the deck of a ship anyday

srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

Tailgate Parking / Overnight Camping Options
1 DAY EARLY ACCESS TAILGATE PARKING PASS (EARLY PARKING LOT OPENS AT 9AM ON SATURDAY 5/31):
Cars; $15 advance or $20 on-site
RV's; $40 advance or on-site
Full Service RV Hookup spots; $150 advance, $200 on-site
Overnight stay for Saturday 5/31 allowed, must exit the parking lot by 10am on Sunday 6//1
** General Parking will open at 4:00pm and no charge is required for general parking **
2 DAY EARLY ACCESS TAILGATE PARKING PASS (OPENS AT 12PM ON FRIDAY 5/30):
* prices inclusive of both overnights.
Cars: $30 advance or $40 on-site
RV's; $80 advance or on-site
Full Service RV Hookup spots; $250 advance, $300 on-site
Above prices are for single spots only. There will be no saving of spots. If additional spots for your tailgate setup are desired then each spot must be purchased separately. Spots are first come first served. Information on overnight camping options:
Dry Camping (no hookups) will be allowed in specific parking lots only. Port-a-johns will be available.
A limited number of RV full service hook-up’s are available, with access to a shower and restroom building.
A General Store will be setup in the camping area so that patrons can purchase water, ice, cups, food, beverages, sunscreen and other items.
There is no re-entry to the parking lots, once your vehicle leaves the lot you will not be allowed to re-entry without re-purchasing a parking pass.
Outside vendors of any kind are not allowed on the Circuit of The Americas / Austin360 Amphitheater grounds.
Propane gas grills only, no charcoal grills allowed.
Golf carts, ATV’s, gators, RTV’s, or other recreation motorized vehicles are not allowed to be used on the grounds.

txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

If the set up is like last year, the overnight rv lot is next to the day parking lot. The 2 night rv lot is on the other side.

Do we want to have one place as the primary tailgate location? Last year we bought extra day parking passes so we had tailgating spots. Do we want to do that again this year and make that the central location?

Time to get a game plan together so we can buy the right parking passes.

Bucarader
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

Our group will be in Austin this year.
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.

fins2theleft
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: "Rhumba Man"! there are parts in that song that....well....
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!

Post by fins2theleft »

I'm about 95% sure we'll be in Austin this year.
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been!

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I was there last year but couldn't stay for the rescheduled show. Maybe I'll make another appearance in Austin, they have a Hooters. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

The 31st is high school graduation day for JumpUp and Teach's keet #2. Nate has decided to forgo graduation and attend the concert. They have checked with the school and he is not required to go to graduation.

We need to plan a graduation ceremony for him at the tailgate. I'm sure we can come up with something unique. I'll bring my funny Ph.D. hat and hood to make it official.

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

looks like my best bet!!!
I will know for sure when the Vacation calendar is opened

sooooon :)

Bucarader
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

Has there been any presale info released on this yet?
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.