Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Who's Going to Austin May 31st?

Post by LIPH »

txaggirl91 wrote:We have missed you Larry. :(
I would have been in the 3rd row in Houston, I missed Fanny Lu.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

dp
Last edited by Bucarader on May 31, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

We are on our way up from Corpus Christi! Had to stop in Cuero to feed the 'keet. Back on the road soon.
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Brown Eyed Girl
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas and Landshark, of course!

Post by browneyedgrltx »

LIPH wrote:
txaggirl91 wrote:We have missed you Larry. :(
I would have been in the 3rd row in Houston, I missed Fanny Lu.
Why are you not in Texas???
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not why ships are built."

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Vegas 08, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
Frisco '07, '08, '09, 10, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
New Orleans Jazz Fest '02
Bristow, VA '99
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

About capacity at CotA Austin 360 amphitheater:
The amphitheater will accommodate up to 14,000 people with 5,240 permanent reserved seats. Another 1,700 seats can be configured on the stage-front floor or there is standing room for 2,300. The remaining general admission spots are on a sloping grass area behind the reserved seats!

THIS may have led to overselling?
Lots of people without seats standing near us...they even moved in some extra chairs.
Rows were all too close to each other. Lots of mad people. Maybe it was just ticketing problems for reserved seating?

Still A GREAT SHOW and enjoyable.
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

How was the lawn?
Dezdmona
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: PharmAde

Post by Dezdmona »

conched wrote:About capacity at CotA Austin 360 amphitheater:
The amphitheater will accommodate up to 14,000 people with 5,240 permanent reserved seats. Another 1,700 seats can be configured on the stage-front floor or there is standing room for 2,300. The remaining general admission spots are on a sloping grass area behind the reserved seats!

THIS may have led to overselling?
Lots of people without seats standing near us...they even moved in some extra chairs.
Rows were all too close to each other. Lots of mad people. Maybe it was just ticketing problems for reserved seating?

Still A GREAT SHOW and enjoyable.
We enjoyed the show, but were too far to the side for my liking.
However, MJM said it was the best JB show he had been to... so far. Which made my day.
Everything is true from a certain point of view. Kinda made me stop and view the experience from the eyes of someone with less miles on them. :P :lol: :roll:
At his age, I'd been a happy camper on the lawn.

Always good to see my friends again. [smilie=hearts.gif]
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, Blog
txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

I was surprised that the venue still has no real bathrooms. Last year, I could understand, this year not do much.

If we can take the Woodlands venue and Austin's parking lot and merge them together it would be a great situation. The parking lot has the potential to top Frisco.

It was so good to see everyone. Thanks for making it a great day! I love my Buffett phamily. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in a few weeks.
I must be wishing on someone else's star....
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

It was great seeing all the PHriends in the parking lot. It was a great afternoon, but I don't know if I will ever go to another show......guess I'll wait and see what happens next year.
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Jan, we finally found real bathrooms behind concession. Also some air conditioned ones on both sides of the floor.
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

springparrot wrote:It was great seeing all the PHriends in the parking lot. It was a great afternoon, but I don't know if I will ever go to another show......guess I'll wait and see what happens next year.
My husband says he won't go again. He was put off by all the walking. But, that is related to age and not giving a flip about Buffett music. ;)
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

conched wrote:
springparrot wrote:It was great seeing all the PHriends in the parking lot. It was a great afternoon, but I don't know if I will ever go to another show......guess I'll wait and see what happens next year.
My husband says he won't go again. He was put off by all the walking. But, that is related to age and not giving a flip about Buffett music. ;)
Mine was from idiots around us.
jedivet
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Post by jedivet »

My group was there, but didn't roll in until about 4 PM on Saturday. Just wasn't going to stress getting there early with several in the group that aren't hard core. It went surprisingly well for us, but I didn't see any other BN folks, really. The walk was long, the lawn was crowded, but we still had fun.

It's roll on Frisco for us (though a much smaller group for that show), with minimal tailgating planned. It's just too hot and I'm too old for all day anymore. ;)
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

jedivet wrote:My group was there, but didn't roll in until about 4 PM on Saturday. Just wasn't going to stress getting there early with several in the group that aren't hard core. It went surprisingly well for us, but I didn't see any other BN folks, really. The walk was long, the lawn was crowded, but we still had fun.

It's roll on Frisco for us (though a much smaller group for that show), with minimal tailgating planned. It's just too hot and I'm too old for all day anymore. ;)
It was good to run into you Sat.
:D
jedivet
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Post by jedivet »

springparrot wrote:
jedivet wrote:My group was there, but didn't roll in until about 4 PM on Saturday. Just wasn't going to stress getting there early with several in the group that aren't hard core. It went surprisingly well for us, but I didn't see any other BN folks, really. The walk was long, the lawn was crowded, but we still had fun.

It was good to run into you Sat.
:D
Indeed. I missed Dez and everyone else, but it's all good. There will be another day. :)
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...
marshman
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by marshman »

Enjoyed the show, tailgating wasn't on par with Frisco last year, but the show was great! I do have 1 question for yall though, not long after we rolled in and were setting up we had a woman stop by with squeekey boobie necklaces. She said she was selling them to raise money for breast cancer, then a little bit later an older man came up and was selling parrothead stickers to raise money for wounded warriors and disabled veterans. Now, I have no problem donating to either of these causes especially since my wife is a cancer survivor (not breast cancer) and I am retired military, but neither produced any badge, card or anything showing any affiliation with any organizations. For the very experienced tailgaiters, do you think they were legitimate or did we get taken?
TropRockinTammy
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Another Road
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by TropRockinTammy »

Lots of fun in Austin! As mentioned earlier, it's not a tailgate on par with Frisco (which is one of the best tailgates out there), but it's a new venue and I think it will continue to grow. The Central Texas Parrot Head Club works closely with the venue and each year we get them to add a little more to the tailgate... well, we get approval to add a little more to the tailgate. It's only the second year... so they are catching on! Here's a recap of some of the tailgate and concert:
http://www.troprockin.com/life/jimmy-bu ... exas-2014/
Attachments
parrot-heads.jpg
parrot-heads.jpg (51.33 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
Livin' the Parrot Head lifestyle. http://www.TropRockin.com
TropRockinTammy
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Another Road
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by TropRockinTammy »

marshman wrote:Enjoyed the show, tailgating wasn't on par with Frisco last year, but the show was great! I do have 1 question for yall though, not long after we rolled in and were setting up we had a woman stop by with squeekey boobie necklaces. She said she was selling them to raise money for breast cancer, then a little bit later an older man came up and was selling parrothead stickers to raise money for wounded warriors and disabled veterans. Now, I have no problem donating to either of these causes especially since my wife is a cancer survivor (not breast cancer) and I am retired military, but neither produced any badge, card or anything showing any affiliation with any organizations. For the very experienced tailgaiters, do you think they were legitimate or did we get taken?
Hard to say.... I always stick to the Parrot Head Clubs when donating at tailgates. We were fundraising for Alzheimer's at the tailgate. We provided Moonshine Shots, RumChata Pudding Shots, Jello Shots, CTXPHC Coozies w/ Commemorative Concert Tag for your lanyard, LandShark Beer and Bottled Water for donations... and plenty without a donation. We didn't go around the parking lot soliciting, we had 2 tables setup and people stopped by to visit, drink and donate.
Livin' the Parrot Head lifestyle. http://www.TropRockin.com
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

Nice review of show and parking lot:

http://www.troprockin.com/life/jimmy-bu ... exas-2014/
starparking01
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by starparking01 »

The valet is the best way to be sure that the car is in safe hand.