Who's going to Alpine Valley August 23, 2014

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Who's going to Alpine Valley August 23, 2014

Post by ragtopW »

ragtopW wrote:there are some tickets in 101 and 103 they are showing available (single)
but they are also showing Obstructed? the ones in 103 are near the side
but the one in 103 is smack dab in the middle of the row.
any thoughts?
:( :( no-one???

I guess I could buy one and if it stinks head to the Lawn 8) 8) 8)

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by CheeseHead in Paradise! »

ragtopW wrote:
ragtopW wrote:there are some tickets in 101 and 103 they are showing available (single)
but they are also showing Obstructed? the ones in 103 are near the side
but the one in 103 is smack dab in the middle of the row.
any thoughts?
:( :( no-one???

I guess I could buy one and if it stinks head to the Lawn 8) 8) 8)
I'm guessing you're talking about...
Sec: 103
Row: G
Seat: 34

A number of years ago, we sat in seats similar to this and we didn't have a very good view of the stage from that angle. I think we may have been little further to the side, though? I remember being disappointed mostly because we paid above face value for them on ebay. :(

Like you said... if you don't like your view, you can always join the party in the lawn! 8)

In years past, Live Nation has opened up additional seats closer to the event date. The year of the Summerzcool tour, we scored FRONT ROW seats about a month before the show! That was the year JB wore my cheese head on stage!!! [smilie=happydance.gif]

Good luck!

John

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 39
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

I've been so busy at work I have had no time for pre-concert planning.... :(

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill

CaptainP wrote:I've been so busy at work I have had no time for pre-concert planning.... :(
You've still got a lot of of time, Jim! :D

Any plans to revive the caravan to Alpine from the square in East Troy???

John

southofdisorder07
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: SOASOAS
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pirates Blood

Post by southofdisorder07 »

Figure I'd touch base between trips to my particular harbor and address some questions for this year.

Yes, Hemingways is open.

Yes, we are having our annual JB weekend party.

Yes, we are doing the buses.

Yes, we have added buses to address Bruce's no longer running his.

Yes, August is hot, except every third year which happens next year, not this year:-)

Yes, the lodging situation sucks.

Yes, Alpine should once again open the gates early and rape all us on the additional fees.

Yes, we will be tailgating at Hemingways prior to the show.

That should do it:-)

Call the joint at 262-348-1200 to get on bus list or email southofdisorder07@yahoo.com

Upon return from Cabo end of June, will get the party info out.

Whomever is heading to Chicago show, ENJOY, I will be listening on Radio Margaritaville but will be there in spirit!

CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

CheeseHead in Paradise! wrote:
CaptainP wrote:I've been so busy at work I have had no time for pre-concert planning.... :(
You've still got a lot of of time, Jim! :D

Any plans to revive the caravan to Alpine from the square in East Troy???
Likely.

southofdisorder07

Wow, second page with last post on May 29 :(

Guess the waning interest is expected.

Now that I am back from the particular harbor down south, will post in a few on the Hemingways weekend bash.

I have 17 bus seats left, email me if you want one. southofdisorder07@yahoo.com

Looking forward to seeing some of us diehards this weekend in Chicago!

Steve

southofdisorder07

HEMINGWAYS 2014 “THIS ONE’S FOR YOU” PRE-CONCERT JIMMY BUFFETT ALPINE VALLEY WEEKEND PARTY

Being it a late summer gathering, with only one more year to go, we decided to not only go insane, but to be insane. Expect lots of shanagans, give aways, craziness and mayhem all weekend! We have invited several guests who most will know to participate with our clan of misfits and gypsies, they will be around throughout the night and hopefully will grace the stage with the bands. A ton of freebies, promo gals, giveaways and samples. As always, our casa is your casa, tailgating and decorating is encouraged!

The official phlocking starts Friday August 22nd at 5pm with the general mayhem featuring

Mr. Myers
Frank Whiting
Pirates Over 40
(& Special Guest Appearances throughout the night)

and music goes til we drop!

Saturday, our doors open at 10am for pre-concert gathering and preliminary tailgating in our lot. We will be doing Bloody Mary Breakfast, Margys, Landshark and patio food for the afternoon. Music on the deck starting at 11am! If your crew is coming by bus, please let us know ahead of time to help with parking coordination.

The Saturday night post party event will once again feature The David Marshall Band and we will be broadcasting all the pre-show and post-show events live as usual for those unable to attend the concert.

Finally, on Sunday, wind down with us starting at 9am with Bloody Marys, omelettes, and lots of post-concert sharing!!!

Friday’s Big Bash!!

Ticket prices will be $8 at the Door (after 9p.m $5.00)

DESIGNATED DRIVERS ENTER, EAT (PIG ROAST ONLY) AND DRINK (SOFT DRINKS/WATER/JUICE) FOR FREE AS ALWAYS. PLEASE, EITHER HAVE A DESIGNATED DRIVER OR TALK TO US ABOUT RIDES AND RIDE SHARING. NOT ONLY DO WE ENCOURAGE PARTYING WITH A PURPOSE, BUT WE STRESS SAFE AND SMART PARTYING.

We will be hosting our BIG PIG ROAST & BACKYARD BBQ on the Tiki Bar Deck with tons of options to choose from and of course lots of Island favorites to wash everything down with!

The Pig Roast will start at 6PM Friday. Food served from 6-8pm. After that, we are keeping the kitchen open most of the night for all the late munchers.

The usual pig roast and all the fixins, price will be $5/person.

Additional food choices will be available from our BBQ pit until 8pm for those not wanting to partake in our Pig offering, and our full menu including our fish fry will be available starting at 7pm!

Transportation

We will be providing a taxi/shuttle service and rides from local area resorts and hotels, this will be $7-8.00 per person round-trip, contact us for more information and to make arrangements. They will be running all day Friday for us.

For those of you car pooling, our parking lot is available as in the past. Feel free to meet there and carpool in to the show!

For those of you who have tixs to the show and are not taking either VE buses or your own and wish to have a stress free day and no DUIs, leave your car, boat, or bike at the restaurant, Hemingways will be running buses to the concert on Saturday, first come first served. Contact us for info and to reserve a spot. Cost will be $40/Person.

CALL US AT 262-348-1200 TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT ON THE BUS, LIMITED SPOTS LEFT!

For further info, keep an eye on our webpage www.hemingwaysportofcall.com or call 262-348-1200.

SAY IT’S NOT SO, BUT IT IS, SECOND TO LAST ALPINE BASH!

LOOKS LIKE NEXT YEAR (2015) WILL BE IT FOR OUR LOVELY CRUISE! SO DON’T MISS OUT!!!

southofdisorder07

HEMINGWAYS 2014 “THIS ONE’S FOR YOU” PRE-CONCERT JIMMY BUFFETT ALPINE VALLEY WEEKEND PARTY

Being it a late summer gathering, with only one more year to go, we decided to not only go insane, but to be insane. Expect lots of shanagans, give aways, craziness and mayhem all weekend! We have invited several guests who most will know to participate with our clan of misfits and gypsies, they will be around throughout the night and hopefully will grace the stage with the bands. A ton of freebies, promo gals, giveaways and samples. As always, our casa is your casa, tailgating and decorating is encouraged!

The official phlocking starts Friday August 22nd at 5pm with the general mayhem featuring

Mr. Myers
Frank Whiting
Pirates Over 40

Saturday, our doors open at 10am for pre-concert gathering and preliminary tailgating in our lot. We will be doing Bloody Mary Breakfast, Margys, Landshark and patio food for the afternoon. Music on the deck starting at 11am! If your crew is coming by bus, please let us know ahead of time to help with parking coordination.

The Saturday night post party event will once again feature The David Marshall Band and we will be broadcasting all the pre-show and post-show events live as usual for those unable to attend the concert.

Finally, on Sunday, wind down with us starting at 9am with Bloody Marys, omelettes, and lots of post-concert sharing!!!

Friday’s Big Bash!!

DESIGNATED DRIVERS ENTER, EAT (PIG ROAST ONLY) AND DRINK (SOFT DRINKS/WATER/JUICE) FOR FREE AS ALWAYS. PLEASE, EITHER HAVE A DESIGNATED DRIVER OR TALK TO US ABOUT RIDES AND RIDE SHARING. NOT ONLY DO WE ENCOURAGE PARTYING WITH A PURPOSE, BUT WE STRESS SAFE AND SMART PARTYING.

We will be hosting our BIG PIG ROAST & BACKYARD BBQ on the Tiki Bar Deck with tons of options to choose from and of course lots of Island favorites to wash everything down with!

The Pig Roast will start at 6PM Friday. Food served from 6-8pm. After that, we are keeping the kitchen open most of the night for all the late munchers.

Additional food choices will be available from our BBQ pit until 8pm for those not wanting to partake in our Pig offering, and our full menu including our fish fry will be available starting at 7pm!

Transportation

We will be providing a taxi/shuttle service and rides from local area resorts and hotels, this will be $7-8.00 per person round-trip, contact us for more information and to make arrangements. They will be running all day Friday for us.

For those of you car pooling, our parking lot is available as in the past. Feel free to meet there and carpool in to the show!

For those of you who have tixs to the show and are not taking either VE buses or your own and wish to have a stress free day and no DUIs, leave your car, boat, or bike at the restaurant, Hemingways will be running buses to the concert on Saturday, first come first served. Contact us for info and to reserve a spot. Cost will be $40/Person.

For further info, keep an eye on our webpage www.hemingwaysportofcall.com or call 262-348-1200.

LOOKS LIKE NEXT YEAR (2015) WILL BE IT FOR OUR LOVELY CRUISE! SO DON’T MISS OUT!!!

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill

southofdisorder07 wrote: LOOKS LIKE NEXT YEAR (2015) WILL BE IT FOR OUR LOVELY CRUISE! SO DON’T MISS OUT!!!
:o :o :o

Thanks, Steve! Imagine what kind of mayhem next years bash will have??? :lol:

John

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

:( :( due to issues that have popped into my life I am not going to be able to make the show..
life goes on, hope to see ya next year

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

ragtopW wrote::( :( due to issues that have popped into my life I am not going to be able to make the show..
OH NO!
Come on, Wayne. :(

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill

ragtopW wrote::( :( due to issues that have popped into my life I am not going to be able to make the show..
That really stinks, sorry to hear. Hope you're alright?

John

Suzee
Favorite Buffett Song: a Pirate looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by Suzee »

Hi ~ I am going to Alpine for the first time. Driving up from Kansas City and have rented a house for Friday & Saturday about 15 miles from the Concert. I do have a few extra twin beds. So, if anyone's interested they can contact me at 815 441 2540

CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

Alpine just got a little more boring. :-?

CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

southofdisorder07 wrote:HEMINGWAYS 2014 “THIS ONE’S FOR YOU” PRE-CONCERT JIMMY BUFFETT ALPINE VALLEY WEEKEND PARTY

Mr. Myers
Frank Whiting
Pirates Over 40

Friday’s Big Bash!!

Transportation

For further info, keep an eye on our webpage http://www.hemingwaysportofcall.com or call 262-348-1200.

I'm planning to be there!

CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

Yeah, I think it's time I start planning my party....

parrotthd4evr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, Pina Colada

Post by parrotthd4evr »

So I have a question to the Alpine RV people. We have access to an RV this year and we are wondering if it is all worth the trouble. We have only walked through the RV lot briefly in the past so i am not sure how it is set up. Is it more separated from the normal lots, so is there less traffic from people walking around? We have a pretty decent setup for a couple of cars, but I am not sure it will be enough for an RV setup. Thoughts from the RV veterans.

Mplsfins
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by Mplsfins »

The Jollymon will be in attendance again this year. Haven't missed a year since 2001 except the year he played Wrigley instead. So I just saw him in Vegas. And this will be the third time in the last 12 months I have seen Jimmy. Alpine, Minneapolis, and Alpine. What a great time to be had by all. WOOOOT =)

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill

parrotthd4evr... I haven't had any experience with RV's @ Alpine, so I can't offer you any advice. Hope you have fun!

Suzee... safe travels from KC!

John