Who's Going to Chicago/Tinley Park June 27th, 2015?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Re: Who's Going to Chicago/Tinley Park June 27th, 2015?

Post by Tiki Bar »

I thought it was great!

I got to the venue at 2:30pm... the lots were to open at 2. There were no other cars going in the entrance I went in. None. I actually just stopped in the road to check my texts to see where friends were located, then continued in, without disturbing anyone. I tried to park in premier, but was told they weren't selling any more, just parking the people who pre purchased them. So I then drove farther back and merged with the line of cars that was heading in that end, and felt the 16-year olds directing traffic did a good enough job. There was ample space between rows for people to set up canopies, baggos, chairs, grills, tiki bars, etc. The groups on both sides of us were super friendly, as always, and navigating the lot was easy enough. It also seemed to me that it was quick and easy getting out of the lot after the show. So no problems or complaints with parking and tailgating.

I hate to admit it, but I was over served, which is extremely disappointing. I know I had fun, and I hope to God I wasn't too annoying to anyone. But it was my own personal episode of the Hangover. I was literally looking at the pictures on my phone, and laughing, because I don't remember much of it, and I don't understand what some of the pictures even are! Random people... no clue why I took their pictures. I woke up Sunday thinking how weird it was that he didn't play Fins! Then I saw a photo of it on my camera.

I can't wait to watch it, and can't wait to listen to it, even though it will probably make it sting even more that I was there, but don't remember. Sonny was on stage when I got to my seat, but I have no clue how many songs he played or what they were. I remember Blue Guitar. I remember Patrick Kane, which was WAY COOL, and knew it wasn't Boat Drunks (edit: HA! Boat DrInks of course), but didn't recall what song he came out for. I remember Nadirah doing her part in One Particular Harbour. I remember Banana Replublics, and sadly that's it. The rest is a blur.

But I give it a thumbs up anyway!

I saw Garry in the lot, and Dave and Janice inside, and I think that's it for BNers. Bummer to miss everyone, but there's always next time!
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
OMiTT
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by OMiTT »

Wonder if we saw each other and chatted but neither of us remember????
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

OMiTT wrote:Wonder if we saw each other and chatted but neither of us remember????
Oh we most definitely did!!! LOL! I'm pretty sure Jimmy played "That's My Story..." because he ran in to me earlier in the evening as well. I just wish I would have remembered it! (The song. The meeting, I WOULD have remembered.)
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Tiki Bar wrote:I thought it was great!

I got to the venue at 2:30pm... the lots were to open at 2. There were no other cars going in the entrance I went in. None. I actually just stopped in the road to check my texts to see where friends were located, then continued in, without disturbing anyone. I tried to park in premier, but was told they weren't selling any more, just parking the people who pre purchased them. So I then drove farther back and merged with the line of cars that was heading in that end, and felt the 16-year olds directing traffic did a good enough job. There was ample space between rows for people to set up canopies, baggos, chairs, grills, tiki bars, etc. The groups on both sides of us were super friendly, as always, and navigating the lot was easy enough. It also seemed to me that it was quick and easy getting out of the lot after the show. So no problems or complaints with parking and tailgating.

I hate to admit it, but I was over served, which is extremely disappointing. I know I had fun, and I hope to God I wasn't too annoying to anyone. But it was my own personal episode of the Hangover. I was literally looking at the pictures on my phone, and laughing, because I don't remember much of it, and I don't understand what some of the pictures even are! Random people... no clue why I took their pictures. I woke up Sunday thinking how weird it was that he didn't play Fins! Then I saw a photo of it on my camera.

I can't wait to watch it, and can't wait to listen to it, even though it will probably make it sting even more that I was there, but don't remember. Sonny was on stage when I got to my seat, but I have no clue how many songs he played or what they were. I remember Blue Guitar. I remember Patrick Kane, which was WAY COOL, and knew it wasn't Boat Drunks (edit: HA! Boat DrInks of course), but didn't recall what song he came out for. I remember Nadirah doing her part in One Particular Harbour. I remember Banana Replublics, and sadly that's it. The rest is a blur.

But I give it a thumbs up anyway!

I saw Garry in the lot, and Dave and Janice inside, and I think that's it for BNers. Bummer to miss everyone, but there's always next time!

Sorry I missed you. I did see Garry, Cindy, Dave and Janice. :D

Debbie
phinster101
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Lattitudes
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain Morgan and Coke (pepsi)

Post by phinster101 »

If any one is in need of rooms I have two available nearby, $199/night....I am unable to attend the concert due to some unforeseen circumstances and it's too late for me to cancel :cry: . Please let me know if you would like one or both of the rooms....happy buffetting to all!! My number is 574-532-9199
boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by boatdrinks84 »

Far to much was made of the 2pm thing. Tinley says 2:00 and not a minute sooner every year and they always open early. I rolled in at 1:15 and bought premiere parking with cash at the entrance. There were already three rows of standard parking filled when I rolled in, so obviously they opened well before 1pm.

Pavilion looks pretty well filled-in, so I'm not sure what all of the talk about empty seats is about.

Overall, I was pleased with the show. We got Meet Me in Mephis, Summerzcool was nice to hear after a few years, Love and Luck as the votes song, OPH as the featured, and Tin Cup Chalice as the finale. To me, it was a great setlist because of the nice variety of songs.

Can't wait for Alpine.