Who's Going to Great Woods? 8/20/16

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: Who's Going to Great Woods? 8/20/16

Post by TommyBahama »

I'm doing AC since I can't do Great Woods this year!!

Fineas
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by Fineas »

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in latitude....
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Whipped cream RUM

Post by tailgaitingph »

Summer is my favorite time of the year & I do not want to wish it away. That being said, I am SO ready for some GW!!! It will be the start of my Buffett concert season and a time to see phriends that I haven't seen since last year.
Just trying to participate and make SP proud

Marnin Grita Guy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Marnin Grita Guy »

ME!

Chip
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita of course!

Post by Chip »

Just a few questions for this year...

Are we planning on donating to the charity and going in with the other group like last year?
Are we doing anything as far as food goes this year since Barb & Dave won't be attending? :cry:
I made enough money to buy Miami but I pi$$ed it away so fast

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze

Post by tailgaitingph »

Chip wrote:Just a few questions for this year...

Are we planning on donating to the charity and going in with the other group like last year?
Are we doing anything as far as food goes this year since Barb & Dave won't be attending? :cry:
Not sure who hooked us up with the Parrothead club that we went in with last year.

Tig will be arriving on Fri & bringing her grill.
She said it is avail for us to use for tailgate. It does take the small propane tank so if anyone else can pick 1 up, I will as well.
Gonna really miss Dave & Barb...and NOT just for the food [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Chip
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita of course!

Post by Chip »

tailgaitingph wrote:

Not sure who hooked us up with the Parrothead club that we went in with last year.

She said it is avail for us to use for tailgate. It does take the small propane tank so if anyone else can pick 1 up, I will as well.
Gonna really miss Dave & Barb...and NOT just for the food [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

I think Barb & Dave may be stopping by the roof on Friday to see people but I could be wrong.
Unfortunately the roof was full so we're at the Extended Stay and only for Saturday so we'll miss them.
I made enough money to buy Miami but I pi$$ed it away so fast

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I'd say def not! I don't want to end up parking in the same spot as last year which may not have even been in Mansfield. If it takes an extra 20 min to get in I'd gladly trade that to be in the main parking lot.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

BottleofRum wrote:

I'd say def not! I don't want to end up parking in the same spot as last year which may not have even been in Mansfield. If it takes an extra 20 min to get in I'd gladly trade that to be in the main parking lot.
That was certainly a little bit of chaos! I guess we will see how it pans out this year.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe »

tailgaitingph wrote:

No mom and dad. No Dave and Carol. I hope we don't get into trouble. :lol:
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote:

Just to go full circle, I kind of want to go back to the days when everyone used to just stagger around drunk and meet each other and some how make it work. To quote Lord Jimmy, "I don't want that much organization in my life. I don't want other people thinking for me." But those were the days (holy sh*t I sound old) when everyone showed up around 8 am and it truly was the best party of the year. Now its a fun day. Tame, but fun. I agree with Pat. We go in and whoever wants to hang can hang. Last year was a re-tahhded pain in the as$.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:

Just to go full circle, I kind of want to go back to the days when everyone used to just stagger around drunk and meet each other and some how make it work. To quote Lord Jimmy, "I don't want that much organization in my life. I don't want other people thinking for me." But those were the days (holy sh*t I sound old) when everyone showed up around 8 am and it truly was the best party of the year. Now its a fun day. Tame, but fun. I agree with Pat. We go in and whoever wants to hang can hang. Last year was a re-tahhded pain in the as$.
All I want is good weather.

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tigzoe wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:

The best Great Woods show of all time was the Great - Great Woods Hurricane Show of 2008. I'm still hungover from that one. What a night!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
tigzoe wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:

The best Great Woods show of all time was the Great - Great Woods Hurricane Show of 2008. I'm still hungover from that one. What a night!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

It's always possible we might make an appearance....no promises but...
Dave

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

gunthermoose wrote:It's always possible we might make an appearance....no promises but...

:D :D :D

Debbie

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze

Post by tailgaitingph »

gunthermoose wrote:It's always possible we might make an appearance....no promises but...
Phins crossed!

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze

Post by tailgaitingph »

Nice to see this thread getting some action :o

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

Only cuz I'm here...
Dave

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze

Post by tailgaitingph »

gunthermoose wrote:Only cuz I'm here...
Sounds like we're gonna need you & Barb in the lot...just saying [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]