AintMarvinGardens
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Listerine

Re: Who's going to Camden Aug. 27?

Post by AintMarvinGardens »

Wow!! Page 4!

Tailgate was fine last year. Lot near the jail opened early (1 PM?) and that was on a Thursday. I'm sure the guest's at the jail enjoyed the music from the parking lots!

After about 4 hours in those lots, the bathrooms are beyond disgusting, and for me, it's time to move on to the venue anyway. It's going to be 90 degrees on Saturday, that is a recipe for disaster if you aren't careful.

Last year was awesome with Huey opening up, gonna be tough to top that as I am big fan of both.
The report of my death was an exaggeration. -Mark Twain, 1897

Everything you read on the internet is true. -Abraham Lincoln, 1866

rumdrinks
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: How can you pick just one ?
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: all of them

Post by rumdrinks »

I would bet the lots will be open before noon. Gonna be a hot, sunny day, so stay hydrated (water).
Rum. Helping ugly people have sex since 1762.

chesbayparrothead
Southeast of disorder

Post by chesbayparrothead »

Hi all. This is the first time we will be to Camden, we've been to Nissan and Merriweather for the past 20 years. How is the tailgating there. I read we can not set up tents or pop up canopies. I'm bringing my 6 year old daughter and I'm not sure whether we should come early or not if we can't set up tents to keep her in the shade. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
I made enough money to buy Miami but I p*** it away so fast.

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

We'll be in Camden with a group of about 15-20. We'll head down to try to get into a lot between 1-2. The problem with Camden is they detour you all over the place and you have no control over what lot you end up in!
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!

AintMarvinGardens
Nibblin' on sponge cake

chesbayparrothead wrote:Hi all. This is the first time we will be to Camden, we've been to Nissan and Merriweather for the past 20 years. How is the tailgating there. I read we can not set up tents or pop up canopies. I'm bringing my 6 year old daughter and I'm not sure whether we should come early or not if we can't set up tents to keep her in the shade. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Adventure Aquarium is right next to the venue also, might not be a terrible idea to get there early, go to the aquarium for a few hours with your daughter and then go back to the lot to enjoy the atmosphere for a few hours before the show. At least this way, you'll keep her out of the heat all day. My kids enjoyed the aquarium when we went.

pirates wife at 40 sumtin
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by pirates wife at 40 sumtin »

WOW four pages :( See some of you Sat I hope.

pirates wife at 40 sumtin
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by pirates wife at 40 sumtin »

7vegas11 wrote:
Seas in my veins wrote:
7vegas11 wrote:heard there might be a bus leaving from Deptford...
oh sure....now everybody comes back :lol:

I wonder if that one crazy guy will be there [smilie=sillyjester.gif]
the one with the "ice luge" and the "boobie bong" [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]
I sure hope so [smilie=superkewl.gif]

That guy with the Booby Bong and ice Luge......oh My :lol: Hope he is.

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

We dropped Camden after the year of the giant tailgating debacle....when we ended up tailgating in the streets because they didn't open the gates until almost 4 and had us parked bumper to bumper on every side street.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

1 day!!!! I think I'll spend it at the beach all day :D

Looks like we have a chance for African Friend!!!! But, you never know after the Jones Beach set from last night. 1 featured album song and a door #3 song that wasn't even in the top 25.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

MrBill64
Favorite Buffett Song: Fruitcakes
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold and Free

Post by MrBill64 »

It's Buffett Eve for Camden! We will be there hopefully around noon. I believe the parking lots near the baseball stadium will be open (reports from last year say they were open around noon) so that's where we will try set up. Looks like nice warm weather with no chance of rain. Now back to packing the car for the trip down to Camden. Fins Up!
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

HAPPY BUFFETT DAY!!

Hope you pholks get in early :pirate:
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Happy Camden Buffett Day! :D

Debbie

CrznDnUS1
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found A Home
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mezcal

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

We will be getting there around 3;30 so hopefully we wont be put down by the junk yard again. If so we might be looking for other BN'ers to hang with before the show. Either way it's going to be a great time.
Last edited by CrznDnUS1 on February 3, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Anyone partying in the lots? Looking to join a tailgate. We have our own beer and sandwiches
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

AintMarvinGardens
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Show was great last night, Camden crowd was into the act and the place seemed near capacity.

Parking Lots opened early (I got there about 3 PM and had to park on the NORTH side of the Ben Franklin Bridge because everything south was already full!

Pop-Up Tent ban was not enforced by anyone again, so I think we can put that issue to rest for a while.

Knock off T-Shirt guys actually had some nice choices for once, and only $10 before the show! (I'll give a final grade after I wash it).

Camden County Police kept everything in order for the most part. I didn't see any real issues either from the locals or the visitors and I had to walk a good distance to get to the venue from my parking space.

Only problem I had was I still don't get the people who show up late, pull their cell phone out to text the entire show, only to put it down about half way through the performance to light up some weed. Complaints then come from the people around them with kids or jobs that drug test, the pot smokers seem surprised and then leave early, dejected. Can't they just wait until the get home to their mom's basement to light up?

Got 26 songs outta him last night, so I can't ask for too much more.

I do not remember him saying "See ya next year" at any point though........anyone remember if he did?

Jerm3462
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Jerm3462 »

I've been to 3 concerts this tour and he hasn't said he'd be back at any of them. Last night in Camden was one of the 3.

MrBill64
Favorite Buffett Song: Fruitcakes
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold and Free

Post by MrBill64 »

Got to the parking lots at 11:30am and got into lot 11, right next to the baseball stadium, with no problem. It was already about 1/4 full but you could park anywhere in the lot and even take up more than one space without any parking nazis giving you a hassle. As long as the aisles were kept clear enough for vehicles to get through, there were no problems that we experienced.

All in all a great tailgating experience. This is our 3rd time at Camden but first time in a few years. The only complaint I would have is $30 to park seems a bit steep. Loved the concert. We waited to buy seats through Live Nation until the Thursday before the show when the last row of Section 202 became available for the same price as lawn seats. Got 6 seats together dead center. Could have had 80 seats together as the last row is huge. There were also seats available for the same price as lawns in the rear of the side sections 200's, so I am inclined to try this approach to getting seats for other Buffett shows in the future. Unless you really love the lawn, being able to have a seat inside for the same price is a no brainer.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

rumdrinks
Favorite Buffett Song: How can you pick just one ?
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: all of them

Post by rumdrinks »

Was at the Camden show last nite, and in my opinion, was one of the best I've seen, and this was my 24th show. My only complaint with the set list was the opening song, 'Piece of Work'. Not one of my favorites, but hey, I still sang along. Another oddity, was not ending the show solo. Ended last nite with the entire band on stage doing 'Another Saturday Night'. While it was a fitting way to close, I just found it different to end without Jimmy on stage by himself.
Overall, I thought the crowd was really into the show last night, more so, than some shows.
Rum. Helping ugly people have sex since 1762.

beachbum13
Overkill
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by beachbum13 »

As always I had a great time Saturday & Saturday night. Great to see old friends. Very few of them.....

The bulk of Jimmy's shows are the same with just a rotation of song order not too much too come. That being said it was not my favorite set list. Nice to hear Havana Daydreaming! Many of the other songs that were added for this show/tour were not my favorites. But that's the luck of the draw. I also would have flip flopped the encore songs.

I thought the tailgating was way off what it used to be. Not as many people walking around. And for the life of me I will never understand playing "dance" music in the lots. I wish Camden would have acted in the past the way they did this year. Wew might have more people returning. I did not see the police in your face like in past years.

So next time Jimmy tours I think we will return to Jones Beach. That really is the place to see Buffett!!!!

Summer 2017-
August 17 ~ Jimmy Buffett, BB&T
August 25 - Jason Aldean/Chris Young, BB&T
Kasey Chambers, City Winery NYC & World Café Philly
Deirks Bentley/Cole Swindel - PNC

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

I agree, the parking lot was a much better experience than I expected. I was worried about timing and when the lots were going to open. I pulled into Camden around 1:00 not knowing what to expect. When we crossed the Ben Franklin Bridge I could see the lots were open. Drove right down to the river with NO traffic and pulled into lot 11 with a 3 car caravan. We found 3 spots together (with a little searching). No problems at all with tents or taking a little extra room for your tailgate, all the parking an security people were really cool about everything. They just wanted to make sure there was enough room if an emergency vehicle needed to get through. Much much better than I expected.

Show was good, lawn was more packed than I'd seen in a long time.

I hope we get another Saturday night show again next year.
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!