Page 1 of 1

Who's going to...Humphrey's By The Bay, San Diego, CA 10/18/16

Posted: October 15, 2016 4:38 am
by daddymention
My wife and I were SO lucky to be able to get tickets to see Jimmy at this small and wonderful venue. This will be my 28th Buffett show. We plan on spending the day at the beach on the bay across the street from the venue. A real beach tailgate!!! There has been no thread started or any activity on this show...Is there anyone here going to the show?
Image

Re: Who's going to...Humphrey's By The Bay, San Diego, CA 10/18/16

Posted: October 15, 2016 11:46 am
by tailgaitingph
Oh how I wish!
That looks like a great venue to see him.
Hope y'all have a good time.

Re: Who's going to...Humphrey's By The Bay, San Diego, CA 10/18/16

Posted: October 17, 2016 3:18 pm
by TheSecretsInTheCrust
I'm so jealous. Tickets for this 1400 seat venue went Soooooooo phast. Im thinking of hanging on the beach for the show and listening to the whole show

Re: Who's going to...Humphrey's By The Bay, San Diego, CA 10/18/16

Posted: October 17, 2016 4:03 pm
by lime rickie
TheSecretsInTheCrust wrote:I'm so jealous. Tickets for this 1400 seat venue went Soooooooo phast. Im thinking of hanging on the beach for the show and listening to the whole show
Do it, Glenn! [smilie=coolup.gif]

Re: Who's going to...Humphrey's By The Bay, San Diego, CA 10/18/16

Posted: October 17, 2016 6:18 pm
by tailgaitingph
lime rickie wrote:
TheSecretsInTheCrust wrote:I'm so jealous. Tickets for this 1400 seat venue went Soooooooo phast. Im thinking of hanging on the beach for the show and listening to the whole show
Do it, Glenn! [smilie=coolup.gif]
I agree with Lime

Re: Who's going to...Humphrey's By The Bay, San Diego, CA 10/18/16

Posted: October 18, 2016 7:27 pm
by TheSecretsInTheCrust
I just got home from cruising by the parking lot. What little there is. Already limited spaces. Jimmy's tour bus' and trucks take up much of it. Im guessing many will have to walk a spell. Sure wish I had a boat...and a boatdrink

Re: Who's going to...Humphrey's By The Bay, San Diego, CA 10/18/16

Posted: October 19, 2016 7:59 am
by woohoomike
I was there last night. Awesome show in such a small beautiful venue. Got there about an hour before the show and there was not a lot of parking left but still got a spot across the street. It was funny/great to see all the kayaks, dingys and boats up close to the waters edge trying to get a glimpse. Must have been at least 200 vessels there. Jimmy mentioned them a few times. I didn't get tix at first when they "sold out" in 90 seconds online on Oct. 7th. I was still at the hotel in Denver after the Red Rocks show when I received a call from a friend saying they were putting more tix available (they put out exactly 5 tickets). Somehow through some miracle, I got one of the 5 only tickets available...talk about needle in a haystack. So glad I went. Sat. its up the 5 Freeway to Irvine for show # 40 for me. Its been a great month for me with 3 shows in 10 days...PHINS UP!!!! ps.........Jimmy mentioned about doing more small intimate venues in the next year and specifically mentioned Avalon on Catalina Island...that would be cool.

Re: Who's going to...Humphrey's By The Bay, San Diego, CA 10/18/16

Posted: October 20, 2016 5:36 am
by daddymention
woohoomike wrote:I was there last night. Awesome show in such a small beautiful venue. Got there about an hour before the show and there was not a lot of parking left but still got a spot across the street. It was funny/great to see all the kayaks, dingys and boats up close to the waters edge trying to get a glimpse. Must have been at least 200 vessels there. Jimmy mentioned them a few times. I didn't get tix at first when they "sold out" in 90 seconds online on Oct. 7th. I was still at the hotel in Denver after the Red Rocks show when I received a call from a friend saying they were putting more tix available (they put out exactly 5 tickets). Somehow through some miracle, I got one of the 5 only tickets available...talk about needle in a haystack. So glad I went. Sat. its up the 5 Freeway to Irvine for show # 40 for me. Its been a great month for me with 3 shows in 10 days...PHINS UP!!!! ps.........Jimmy mentioned about doing more small intimate venues in the next year and specifically mentioned Avalon on Catalina Island...that would be cool.
I really hope he does Catalina next year, too. I'm sure that would be even harder to get tickets for. It would have to be at the Casino or on the beach.

Re: Who's going to...Humphrey's By The Bay, San Diego, CA 10/18/16

Posted: October 20, 2016 6:19 am
by daddymention
The show was simply incredible. We were in the 3rd row on the left side (the harbor side). In my 28 shows, I have never ever been this close. It was so great to just watch and look at this band. The set list was near perfect...the only way it could've been better was if Tryin' To Reason, Lone Palm, and Cowboy in the Jungle were added...and Summerzcool deleted. All in all, a once in a lifetime experience for us....and I got to meet Robert Greenidge! It was also a stripped down show...no stage props...no video monitor behind them...just the band doing what they do best. Just back to basics and more emphasis on the music...something that I can really appreciate. Most definitely a top 3 show for me. The other contenders are Sat. June 24, 1990 at Irvine...a steambath and a show - 4pm start...the Feeding Frenzy album cover...inflatable shark...my wife's 1st Buffett experience (which converted her for life), and Thu. April 20, 2006 at Irvine...Party at the End of the World Tour...amazing set list...crowd energy level so high...blew the following Saturday show out of the water. Looking forward to Irvine this Saturday! See you there! Image
Image

Re: Who's going to...Humphrey's By The Bay, San Diego, CA 10/18/16

Posted: October 20, 2016 9:11 am
by Dr.Corona
daddymention wrote:The show was simply incredible. We were in the 3rd row on the left side (the harbor side). In my 28 shows, I have never ever been this close. It was so great to just watch and look at this band. The set list was near perfect...the only way it could've been better was if Tryin' To Reason, Lone Palm, and Cowboy in the Jungle were added...and Summerzcool deleted. All in all, a once in a lifetime experience for us....and I got to meet Robert Greenidge! It was also a stripped down show...no stage props...no video monitor behind them...just the band doing what they do best. Just back to basics and more emphasis on the music...something that I can really appreciate. Most definitely a top 3 show for me. The other contenders are Sat. June 24, 1990 at Irvine...a steambath and a show - 4pm start...the Feeding Frenzy album cover...inflatable shark...my wife's 1st Buffett experience (which converted her for life), and Thu. April 20, 2006 at Irvine...Party at the End of the World Tour...amazing set list...crowd energy level so high...blew the following Saturday show out of the water. Looking forward to Irvine this Saturday! See you there! Image
Image
Awesome DM!! [smilie=superkewl.gif]