Who's going to MOTM 2017, Nov. 1 - 5?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: Who's going to MOTM 2017, Nov. 1 - 5?

Post by Dr.Corona »

So had my "drop in" day from the Cruise ship on Thursday the 2nd. Population seemed considerably down in comparison to what I've experienced the past 4 years during MOTM. Was this the experience throughout the week or maybe I was in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Dr.Corona wrote: November 8, 2017 8:41 am So had my "drop in" day from the Cruise ship on Thursday the 2nd. Population seemed considerably down in comparison to what I've experienced the past 4 years during MOTM. Was this the experience throughout the week or maybe I was in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Not being there , but checking in on web cams , it did seem down , I also asked Debbie , and she said registration was down about 1000. Now I'm not sure if it was due to the Hurricane , or that it's starting to get stale , with the Musical line up at The Casa. Also , you get a lot of people who go down , but don't register.
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

TommyBahama wrote: November 8, 2017 8:45 am
Dr.Corona wrote: November 8, 2017 8:41 am So had my "drop in" day from the Cruise ship on Thursday the 2nd. Population seemed considerably down in comparison to what I've experienced the past 4 years during MOTM. Was this the experience throughout the week or maybe I was in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Not being there , but checking in on web cams , it did seem down , I also asked Debbie , and she said registration was down about 1000. Now I'm not sure if it was due to the Hurricane , or that it's starting to get stale , with the Musical line up at The Casa. Also , you get a lot of people who go down , but don't register.

And some people went to Hawaii to see JB.

Debbie
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

dnw wrote: November 8, 2017 8:59 am

True , but the ones I know who went , usually don't come to MOTM. Other then Maui Deb.
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

TommyBahama wrote: November 8, 2017 9:07 am

True , but the ones I know who went , usually don't come to MOTM. Other then Maui Deb.

More than Maui Deb. :D

Debbie
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

dnw wrote: November 8, 2017 9:42 am
TommyBahama wrote: November 8, 2017 9:07 am

More than Maui Deb. :D
I only knew of PH Red and that crew ,and they usually aren't at MOTM , or I've never seen them there. But still , who went to Hawaii is just a small number compared to , what seemed like a less of a presence from PH Clubs in New England. 1000 down is a lot ,that's about 29% down if they cap it at 3500.
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

I basically was out & about from roughly 10:30 am until 3:30 pm or so. Sidewalks just didn't seem as busy. Ducked into the Tuna for some John Frinzi and had a beer & while they had a good crowd seats were open. Also dropped into Dante's & didn't see anybody in the pool. Not many folks in the Waterfront Brewery but I know that's not necessarily a parrothead hot spot, but like myself I think you have many non obvious parrotheads truck into town during MOTM week.

I gotta believe it's the hurricane that took much of the steam outta destination Key West this year.
Pholks weren't sure they were gonna be up & running in time. Although it Has been a drag losing 2 big time KW favs in Hugo Duarte & Jim Morris over the last few years. Big voids in the music scene IMO.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Dr.Corona wrote: November 8, 2017 11:55 am I basically was out & about from roughly 10:30 am until 3:30 pm or so. Sidewalks just didn't seem as busy. Ducked into the Tuna for some John Frinzi and had a beer & while they had a good crowd seats were open. Also dropped into Dante's & didn't see anybody in the pool. Not many folks in the Waterfront Brewery but I know that's not necessarily a parrothead hot spot, but like myself I think you have many non obvious parrotheads truck into town during MOTM week.

I gotta believe it's the hurricane that took much of the steam outta destination Key West this year.
Pholks weren't sure they were gonna be up & running in time. Although it Has been a drag losing 2 big time KW favs in Hugo Duarte & Jim Morris over the last few years. Big voids in the music scene IMO.
You could add Mac , not being there to the mix. No Jimmy Rumors , since we all knew where he was.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

TommyBahama wrote: November 8, 2017 12:28 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: November 8, 2017 11:55 am I basically was out & about from roughly 10:30 am until 3:30 pm or so. Sidewalks just didn't seem as busy. Ducked into the Tuna for some John Frinzi and had a beer & while they had a good crowd seats were open. Also dropped into Dante's & didn't see anybody in the pool. Not many folks in the Waterfront Brewery but I know that's not necessarily a parrothead hot spot, but like myself I think you have many non obvious parrotheads truck into town during MOTM week.

You could add Mac , not being there to the mix. No Jimmy Rumors , since we all knew where he was.
Yup.........
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Dr.Corona wrote: November 8, 2017 3:10 pm
TommyBahama wrote: November 8, 2017 12:28 pm

Yup.........
I would think registrations would of been in before the Hurricane. So that being down , was because of other reasons. Not sure if that was refundable.