Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Post Reply
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6785
Joined: August 8, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum
Location: Amherst, MA

Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by BottleofRum »

Jimmy Buffett
@ Great Woods
EST: 06-18-1986

Party like it is the last time at Great Woods because one day it will be!
Last edited by BottleofRum on March 10, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8863
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Still one of the best days of the year.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27404
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by TommyBahama »

Out again this year!!....He really needs to consult with me on dates!!

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6785
Joined: August 8, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum
Location: Amherst, MA

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by BottleofRum »

TommyBahama wrote:
March 10, 2017 1:34 pm
Out again this year!!....He really needs to consult with me on dates!!
Again? Why? I thought you were def in this year?
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27404
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote:
March 10, 2017 1:41 pm
TommyBahama wrote:
March 10, 2017 1:34 pm
Out again this year!!....He really needs to consult with me on dates!!
Again? Why? I thought you were def in this year?
The ALS Golf Tournament I play every year, is scheduled that day , The guy it's for , who passed away was a friend , I know his wife , Kids , Brothers and sisters. They always have it around his birthday , which was Aug. 22nd.

Fineas
I have found me a home
Posts: 134
Joined: February 14, 2014 11:48 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by Fineas »

I love Buffett day at Great Woods. What a great time!

Fineas
I have found me a home
Posts: 134
Joined: February 14, 2014 11:48 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by Fineas »

For those who were successful with getting tickets...did anyone notice that tickets indicate that lots will open at 1:00 pm?

MDShark70
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 232
Joined: March 29, 2005 10:28 am
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 90
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by MDShark70 »

Fineas wrote:
March 17, 2017 10:33 am
For those who were successful with getting tickets...did anyone notice that tickets indicate that lots will open at 1:00 pm?
I saw that too but I'm not all that concerned. A Saturday at Great Woods? There is no way they could hold back the tide of cars until 1. It would be complete gridlock on 140 and the I-495 ramps.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.

irshfiregrl
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 616
Joined: September 1, 2007 10:37 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 110
Favorite Boat Drink: 1800 coconut tequila
Location: NH- where we love our boat drinks
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by irshfiregrl »

I'm willing to bet almost anything lots open at 1100.

Fins up, see you all there!
"I'm just hangin on while this ole world keeps spinning, and its good to know its out of my control. If there's one thing that Ive learned from all this living,is that It wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

24 years but I've hit triple digits !

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27404
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by TommyBahama »

MDShark70 wrote:
March 17, 2017 1:22 pm
Fineas wrote:
March 17, 2017 10:33 am
For those who were successful with getting tickets...did anyone notice that tickets indicate that lots will open at 1:00 pm?
I saw that too but I'm not all that concerned. A Saturday at Great Woods? There is no way they could hold back the tide of cars until 1. It would be complete gridlock on 140 and the I-495 ramps.
They will open at 11 , as they did in past years. And they have turned cars away in the past. I don't know if they will make you show tickets when coming in. Some years they have , others not. When they did , a lot of cars were forced to turn around and leave.

Fineas
I have found me a home
Posts: 134
Joined: February 14, 2014 11:48 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by Fineas »

What's everyone's opinion on the premier parking?

irshfiregrl
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 616
Joined: September 1, 2007 10:37 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 110
Favorite Boat Drink: 1800 coconut tequila
Location: NH- where we love our boat drinks
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by irshfiregrl »

It's terrible. You don't get out any easier. We use to get the tix with VIP and even that lot is a complete disaster leaving. Save your money and caravan in with the rest of us and try to park over Infront of the RV lot
"I'm just hangin on while this ole world keeps spinning, and its good to know its out of my control. If there's one thing that Ive learned from all this living,is that It wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

24 years but I've hit triple digits !

Fineas
I have found me a home
Posts: 134
Joined: February 14, 2014 11:48 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by Fineas »

irshfiregrl wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:37 pm
It's terrible. You don't get out any easier. We use to get the tix with VIP and even that lot is a complete disaster leaving. Save your money and caravan in with the rest of us and try to park over Infront of the RV lot
So, in front of the RV lot is a good place to park? Is there more grassy area to set up where you don't have the cops constantly coming and telling you to keep the emergency lane clear?

irshfiregrl
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 616
Joined: September 1, 2007 10:37 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 110
Favorite Boat Drink: 1800 coconut tequila
Location: NH- where we love our boat drinks
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by irshfiregrl »

It's the only lot with grass if memory serves.
"I'm just hangin on while this ole world keeps spinning, and its good to know its out of my control. If there's one thing that Ive learned from all this living,is that It wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

24 years but I've hit triple digits !

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27404
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by TommyBahama »

Fineas wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:48 pm
irshfiregrl wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:37 pm
It's terrible. You don't get out any easier. We use to get the tix with VIP and even that lot is a complete disaster leaving. Save your money and caravan in with the rest of us and try to park over Infront of the RV lot
So, in front of the RV lot is a good place to park? Is there more grassy area to set up where you don't have the cops constantly coming and telling you to keep the emergency lane clear?
It's hard tp predict where you park , unless you have a VIP , if you stay to the right when entering , you will probably end up close to the RV lot , if not , you could be a bit far. GW flows the traffic in , so unless you are with a group, and you can stay together with your cars in line , you could end up together. If not , you can be far apart.

Fineas
I have found me a home
Posts: 134
Joined: February 14, 2014 11:48 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by Fineas »

TommyBahama wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:58 pm
Fineas wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:48 pm
irshfiregrl wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:37 pm
It's terrible. You don't get out any easier. We use to get the tix with VIP and even that lot is a complete disaster leaving. Save your money and caravan in with the rest of us and try to park over Infront of the RV lot
So, in front of the RV lot is a good place to park? Is there more grassy area to set up where you don't have the cops constantly coming and telling you to keep the emergency lane clear?
It's hard tp predict where you park , unless you have a VIP , if you stay to the right when entering , you will probably end up close to the RV lot , if not , you could be a bit far. GW flows the traffic in , so unless you are with a group, and you can stay together with your cars in line , you could end up together. If not , you can be far apart.
We usually stay left when we turn in and then we take another left. We're usually there early enough where we can get a spot that allows us to pull forward a bit on the grass, giving us more room to pitch our canopy.

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6785
Joined: August 8, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum
Location: Amherst, MA

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by BottleofRum »

Lots will open at 11am, VIP parking is not worth it. The lot is somewhat isolated. Best place to me IMO is one of lots to the right because it closer to the the RV lot and the Rv becomes it's own 3rd world nation that day where anything and everything goes and anything and everything happens. The police don't even venture down there.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27404
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by TommyBahama »

Fineas wrote:
March 17, 2017 3:08 pm
TommyBahama wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:58 pm
Fineas wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:48 pm
irshfiregrl wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:37 pm
It's terrible. You don't get out any easier. We use to get the tix with VIP and even that lot is a complete disaster leaving. Save your money and caravan in with the rest of us and try to park over Infront of the RV lot
So, in front of the RV lot is a good place to park? Is there more grassy area to set up where you don't have the cops constantly coming and telling you to keep the emergency lane clear?
It's hard tp predict where you park , unless you have a VIP , if you stay to the right when entering , you will probably end up close to the RV lot , if not , you could be a bit far. GW flows the traffic in , so unless you are with a group, and you can stay together with your cars in line , you could end up together. If not , you can be far apart.
We usually stay left when we turn in and then we take another left. We're usually there early enough where we can get a spot that allows us to pull forward a bit on the grass, giving us more room to pitch our canopy.
That would be going towards the back of the venue , but where is there grass?? The RV lot is right , I think 2 years ago they parked us up in a grass area near the RV's....VIP area may be grass....can't remember.

Fineas
I have found me a home
Posts: 134
Joined: February 14, 2014 11:48 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by Fineas »

TommyBahama wrote:
March 17, 2017 3:24 pm
Fineas wrote:
March 17, 2017 3:08 pm
TommyBahama wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:58 pm
Fineas wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:48 pm
irshfiregrl wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:37 pm
It's terrible. You don't get out any easier. We use to get the tix with VIP and even that lot is a complete disaster leaving. Save your money and caravan in with the rest of us and try to park over Infront of the RV lot
So, in front of the RV lot is a good place to park? Is there more grassy area to set up where you don't have the cops constantly coming and telling you to keep the emergency lane clear?
It's hard tp predict where you park , unless you have a VIP , if you stay to the right when entering , you will probably end up close to the RV lot , if not , you could be a bit far. GW flows the traffic in , so unless you are with a group, and you can stay together with your cars in line , you could end up together. If not , you can be far apart.
We usually stay left when we turn in and then we take another left. We're usually there early enough where we can get a spot that allows us to pull forward a bit on the grass, giving us more room to pitch our canopy.
That would be going towards the back of the venue , but where is there grass?? The RV lot is right , I think 2 years ago they parked us up in a grass area near the RV's....VIP area may be grass....can't remember.
There is grass on the one edge of the parking lot. It leads into a ditch. Its just enough room to pull the car forward about 2 feet, giving more room to set up camp so that we are not crowding the emergency lane.

12VLTMN
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: June 21, 2016 8:19 pm
Number of Concerts: 14

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by 12VLTMN »

irshfiregrl wrote:
March 17, 2017 2:37 pm
It's terrible. You don't get out any easier. We use to get the tix with VIP and even that lot is a complete disaster leaving. Save your money and caravan in with the rest of us and try to park over Infront of the RV lot
Do you know how to buy VIP separate from the tickets? Having a hard time figuring it out searching online. It looks like Premier parking is not available via Live Nation but no info on VIP. I have had good luck with the lot in years past, but does it only come with a ticket?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post Reply