Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

User avatar
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'
Posts: 804
Joined: March 1, 2007 10:34 am
Number of Concerts: 14
Location: It's cold

Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Finnsaremorefun » March 14, 2017 2:05 pm

Lets gooooooo!
Got a carribean soul I can barely control

Detroit Finz
I have found me a home
Posts: 157
Joined: February 5, 2003 4:45 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark!
Location: Rochester Hills, MI

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Detroit Finz » March 15, 2017 6:42 am

Can't wait!
Salt air it ain't thin,
It can stick right to your skin,
And make you feel fine.
It makes you feel fine.

User avatar
ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Posts: 758
Joined: April 29, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by ParrotheadCMC » March 15, 2017 9:06 am

So when's the presale info coming out? I'm ready to repeat as BEST TAILGATE :)

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5572
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Dr.Corona » March 15, 2017 10:17 am

AMEX presale for this show through March 20. Just recently canceled my Amex Card. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

User avatar
ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Posts: 758
Joined: April 29, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by ParrotheadCMC » March 15, 2017 1:59 pm

OMG! I could KISS YOU! I got s*** seats, but I got them! Last year I upgraded them. This year I'm hoping to do it again ;)

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5572
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Dr.Corona » March 15, 2017 5:48 pm

ParrotheadCMC wrote:
March 15, 2017 1:59 pm
OMG! I could KISS YOU! I got s*** seats, but I got them! Last year I upgraded them. This year I'm hoping to do it again ;)
Not sure your hubby would approve....so you can just cut me a check instead! :wink:
Actually, I think you're the one that gave ME the late in the game upgrade heads up last year, so I'll call payback! [smilie=superkewl.gif]
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

User avatar
ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Posts: 758
Joined: April 29, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by ParrotheadCMC » March 16, 2017 10:23 am

Yup, I was the one to tip off on that, LOL. I plan on doing that this year I hope, LOL. But we do have bigger things in store planned too, LOL.

Already have WOMC bringing myself and my co-OG shark girl in! Which has us REALLY stepping up our game REALLY early. I have a few new items already in the pipeline to be made ASAP! Only 117 days can can't come FAST enough!

DizzyDean
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 76
Joined: April 10, 2014 3:22 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins (I'm a shark that can swim on the land)
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas, Hurricanes
Location: Near Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by DizzyDean » March 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Just got a seat: LTC9 TT 13. Not great but ok. I think (opinions?).

How is the ticket exchange done? When can I do it? Do I have to wait until general sale is over, etc.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by DizzyDean on March 16, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes I am a Image

Detroit Finz
I have found me a home
Posts: 157
Joined: February 5, 2003 4:45 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark!
Location: Rochester Hills, MI

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Detroit Finz » March 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Have they released the venue presale password for Thursday? I don''t have an AMEX card and cetrainly don't want to roll the dice on Friday!
Salt air it ain't thin,
It can stick right to your skin,
And make you feel fine.
It makes you feel fine.

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5572
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Dr.Corona » March 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Detroit Finz wrote:
March 16, 2017 3:54 pm
Have they released the venue presale password for Thursday? I don''t have an AMEX card and cetrainly don't want to roll the dice on Friday!
1) My experience is Presale does not put forth all of the best seats.
2) The Presale will only put forth some seats available for purchase.
3) I think it will STILL be a roll of the dice on a Presale. I've seen a number of Presale's sell out in fairly short order.
4) Still, it's a decent shot to at least get in the venue, especially if going for the lawn!

I'll give a heads up if I hear anything!
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

User avatar
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Posts: 30373
Joined: September 7, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10
Location: Middle of the Mitten

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by nutmeg » March 24, 2017 11:11 am

Yay! I have tickets! It took me an hour and I was getting kinda crazy trying to decide if something was a storefront or not. Is that a river or a lake? Is that a street sign or just a sign?

I think it was a lot easier when you just had to type squiggly numbers. LOL
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5572
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Dr.Corona » March 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Onboard for July 11. See all at the Parking Lot Oasis (the shaded greenspace between the lots) 8) 8)
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

Detroit Finz
I have found me a home
Posts: 157
Joined: February 5, 2003 4:45 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark!
Location: Rochester Hills, MI

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Detroit Finz » March 24, 2017 5:18 pm

Got our tickets this morning! Ready for the 24th episode of this crazy Journey with Jimmy. Ain't no party like a Detroit party, especially at Pine Knob!
Salt air it ain't thin,
It can stick right to your skin,
And make you feel fine.
It makes you feel fine.

KateQOE
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 10
Joined: April 13, 2017 10:59 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Banana Republic
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by KateQOE » April 19, 2017 11:24 am

I posted my question in a new thread yesterday, but will post here, too. July 11th show will be my first ever JB concert and I'm very excited about the tailgating AND seeing Jimmy! Just wondering about tailgating at the venue? Where can I get info on when the parking lot opens? Hopefully someone here will post the info when it becomes available. I live in northern Michigan so no access to Detroit radio, etc. Obviously can check DTE online but want to know ASAP. Also looking for tips and pointers about tailgating at a Jimmy concert. I've done my homework, but would like to hear from "real people" about the experience and what to expect, absolutely shouldn't-be-without items, etc. Hope to meet some of you in the parking lot! :D

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5572
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Dr.Corona » April 19, 2017 12:49 pm

KateQOE wrote:
April 19, 2017 11:24 am
I posted my question in a new thread yesterday, but will post here, too. July 11th show will be my first ever JB concert and I'm very excited about the tailgating AND seeing Jimmy! Just wondering about tailgating at the venue? Where can I get info on when the parking lot opens? Hopefully someone here will post the info when it becomes available. I live in northern Michigan so no access to Detroit radio, etc. Obviously can check DTE online but want to know ASAP. Also looking for tips and pointers about tailgating at a Jimmy concert. I've done my homework, but would like to hear from "real people" about the experience and what to expect, absolutely shouldn't-be-without items, etc. Hope to meet some of you in the parking lot! :D
You will NOT want to check with "Pine Knob" regarding the time lot opens. Company line will say 3 or 4. Reality says could be anytime between Noon & 2. Best bet is to arrive early....very early at the Park n Ride on Sashabaw Rd just East of I-75 just down the road from the venue. You can get your pregame Tailgate going there, then you'll be the first to know when indeed the gates become open, as the powers that be give the Park n Ride gang the heads up when to start lining up for the parking lot.

Hope that helps some.
ENJOY!!
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

DizzyDean
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 76
Joined: April 10, 2014 3:22 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins (I'm a shark that can swim on the land)
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas, Hurricanes
Location: Near Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by DizzyDean » April 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Dr.Corona wrote:
April 19, 2017 12:49 pm
KateQOE wrote:
April 19, 2017 11:24 am
I posted my question in a new thread yesterday, but will post here, too. July 11th show will be my first ever JB concert and I'm very excited about the tailgating AND seeing Jimmy! Just wondering about tailgating at the venue? Where can I get info on when the parking lot opens? Hopefully someone here will post the info when it becomes available. I live in northern Michigan so no access to Detroit radio, etc. Obviously can check DTE online but want to know ASAP. Also looking for tips and pointers about tailgating at a Jimmy concert. I've done my homework, but would like to hear from "real people" about the experience and what to expect, absolutely shouldn't-be-without items, etc. Hope to meet some of you in the parking lot! :D
You will NOT want to check with "Pine Knob" regarding the time lot opens. Company line will say 3 or 4. Reality says could be anytime between Noon & 2. Best bet is to arrive early....very early at the Park n Ride on Sashabaw Rd just East of I-75 just down the road from the venue. You can get your pregame Tailgate going there, then you'll be the first to know when indeed the gates become open, as the powers that be give the Park n Ride gang the heads up when to start lining up for the parking lot.

Hope that helps some.
ENJOY!!
Last year it was 11am. I was there before 9am at the Park and Ride with Bloody Caesars to share. Hope to see you there.
Yes I am a Image

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5572
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Dr.Corona » April 19, 2017 8:06 pm

DizzyDean wrote:
April 19, 2017 3:28 pm
Dr.Corona wrote:
April 19, 2017 12:49 pm
KateQOE wrote:
April 19, 2017 11:24 am
I posted my question in a new thread yesterday, but will post here, too. July 11th show will be my first ever JB concert and I'm very excited about the tailgating AND seeing Jimmy! Just wondering about tailgating at the venue? Where can I get info on when the parking lot opens? Hopefully someone here will post the info when it becomes available. I live in northern Michigan so no access to Detroit radio, etc. Obviously can check DTE online but want to know ASAP. Also looking for tips and pointers about tailgating at a Jimmy concert. I've done my homework, but would like to hear from "real people" about the experience and what to expect, absolutely shouldn't-be-without items, etc. Hope to meet some of you in the parking lot! :D
You will NOT want to check with "Pine Knob" regarding the time lot opens. Company line will say 3 or 4. Reality says could be anytime between Noon & 2. Best bet is to arrive early....very early at the Park n Ride on Sashabaw Rd just East of I-75 just down the road from the venue. You can get your pregame Tailgate going there, then you'll be the first to know when indeed the gates become open, as the powers that be give the Park n Ride gang the heads up when to start lining up for the parking lot.

Hope that helps some.
ENJOY!!
Last year it was 11am. I was there before 9am at the Park and Ride with Bloody Caesars to share. Hope to see you there.
haven't done the park n ride in a number of years. The gang I hang with doesn't do the AM thing, so unless I fly solo don't get there until early PM. Encouraging to know they still get em in there early.....
Considering we got a Tuesday this year wouldn't be surprised if they back off the lot opening time a bit this year.
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

KateQOE
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 10
Joined: April 13, 2017 10:59 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Banana Republic
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by KateQOE » April 21, 2017 10:18 am

DizzyDean wrote:
April 19, 2017 3:28 pm
Dr.Corona wrote:
April 19, 2017 12:49 pm
KateQOE wrote:
April 19, 2017 11:24 am
I posted my question in a new thread yesterday, but will post here, too. July 11th show will be my first ever JB concert and I'm very excited about the tailgating AND seeing Jimmy! Just wondering about tailgating at the venue? Where can I get info on when the parking lot opens? Hopefully someone here will post the info when it becomes available. I live in northern Michigan so no access to Detroit radio, etc. Obviously can check DTE online but want to know ASAP. Also looking for tips and pointers about tailgating at a Jimmy concert. I've done my homework, but would like to hear from "real people" about the experience and what to expect, absolutely shouldn't-be-without items, etc. Hope to meet some of you in the parking lot! :D
You will NOT want to check with "Pine Knob" regarding the time lot opens. Company line will say 3 or 4. Reality says could be anytime between Noon & 2. Best bet is to arrive early....very early at the Park n Ride on Sashabaw Rd just East of I-75 just down the road from the venue. You can get your pregame Tailgate going there, then you'll be the first to know when indeed the gates become open, as the powers that be give the Park n Ride gang the heads up when to start lining up for the parking lot.

Hope that helps some.
ENJOY!!
Last year it was 11am. I was there before 9am at the Park and Ride with Bloody Caesars to share. Hope to see you there.
Thanks for the info, Doc! So by "very early" do you mean 9:00 am or 10:00 am? We just want to make sure we get in early so will keep the Park n Ride lot in mind. What about location IN the Pine Knob Parking lot? I'm thinking it would be best to be near the grassy area between lot/venue for porta pottie purposes. Obviously that will take forever to get out when the show is over, but I'm good with that. Your thoughts?

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5572
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by Dr.Corona » April 24, 2017 9:30 am

KateQOE wrote:
April 21, 2017 10:18 am
DizzyDean wrote:
April 19, 2017 3:28 pm
Dr.Corona wrote:
April 19, 2017 12:49 pm
KateQOE wrote:
April 19, 2017 11:24 am
I posted my question in a new thread yesterday, but will post here, too. July 11th show will be my first ever JB concert and I'm very excited about the tailgating AND seeing Jimmy! Just wondering about tailgating at the venue? Where can I get info on when the parking lot opens? Hopefully someone here will post the info when it becomes available. I live in northern Michigan so no access to Detroit radio, etc. Obviously can check DTE online but want to know ASAP. Also looking for tips and pointers about tailgating at a Jimmy concert. I've done my homework, but would like to hear from "real people" about the experience and what to expect, absolutely shouldn't-be-without items, etc. Hope to meet some of you in the parking lot! :D
You will NOT want to check with "Pine Knob" regarding the time lot opens. Company line will say 3 or 4. Reality says could be anytime between Noon & 2. Best bet is to arrive early....very early at the Park n Ride on Sashabaw Rd just East of I-75 just down the road from the venue. You can get your pregame Tailgate going there, then you'll be the first to know when indeed the gates become open, as the powers that be give the Park n Ride gang the heads up when to start lining up for the parking lot.

Hope that helps some.
ENJOY!!
Last year it was 11am. I was there before 9am at the Park and Ride with Bloody Caesars to share. Hope to see you there.
Thanks for the info, Doc! So by "very early" do you mean 9:00 am or 10:00 am? We just want to make sure we get in early so will keep the Park n Ride lot in mind. What about location IN the Pine Knob Parking lot? I'm thinking it would be best to be near the grassy area between lot/venue for porta pottie purposes. Obviously that will take forever to get out when the show is over, but I'm good with that. Your thoughts?
Of course it's personal preference on how early you want to get your party started. As I haven't done the Park n Ride in a few years have no idea how early pholks get there currently. I'm sure by 9 they'll be pholks there. As DizzyDean mentioned last year lots opened at 11:00.
Gang I'm with doesn't head out before noon, putting us at the venue 12:30-1:00.
We DO setup in the grassy area. It's no big deal getting out. Just have patience. Much more comfortable than being on the hot pavement all day.
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

KateQOE
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 10
Joined: April 13, 2017 10:59 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Banana Republic
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by KateQOE » April 25, 2017 11:11 am

[/quote]
Of course it's personal preference on how early you want to get your party started. As I haven't done the Park n Ride in a few years have no idea how early pholks get there currently. I'm sure by 9 they'll be pholks there. As DizzyDean mentioned last year lots opened at 11:00.
Gang I'm with doesn't head out before noon, putting us at the venue 12:30-1:00.
We DO setup in the grassy area. It's no big deal getting out. Just have patience. Much more comfortable than being on the hot pavement all day.
[/quote]

We HOPE there will be hot (and dry) pavement that day! [smilie=cool.gif] Guess we'll just wait to see what time the lot is opening and go from there. As Aerosmith sang...I don't wanna miss a thing!

Post Reply