Post by Detroit Finz »

Can't wait!
Salt air it ain't thin,
It can stick right to your skin,
And make you feel fine.
It makes you feel fine.
ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots

Re: Who's going to the 'D'? 7/11/17

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

So when's the presale info coming out? I'm ready to repeat as BEST TAILGATE :)
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

AMEX presale for this show through March 20. Just recently canceled my Amex Card. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

OMG! I could KISS YOU! I got s*** seats, but I got them! Last year I upgraded them. This year I'm hoping to do it again ;)
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

ParrotheadCMC wrote: March 15, 2017 1:59 pm OMG! I could KISS YOU! I got s*** seats, but I got them! Last year I upgraded them. This year I'm hoping to do it again ;)
Not sure your hubby would approve....so you can just cut me a check instead! :wink:
Actually, I think you're the one that gave ME the late in the game upgrade heads up last year, so I'll call payback! [smilie=superkewl.gif]
ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

Yup, I was the one to tip off on that, LOL. I plan on doing that this year I hope, LOL. But we do have bigger things in store planned too, LOL.

Already have WOMC bringing myself and my co-OG shark girl in! Which has us REALLY stepping up our game REALLY early. I have a few new items already in the pipeline to be made ASAP! Only 117 days can can't come FAST enough!
DizzyDean
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins (I'm a shark that can swim on the land)
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas, Hurricanes

Post by DizzyDean »

Just got a seat: LTC9 TT 13. Not great but ok. I think (opinions?).

How is the ticket exchange done? When can I do it? Do I have to wait until general sale is over, etc.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by DizzyDean on March 16, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes I am a Image
Detroit Finz
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark!

Post by Detroit Finz »

Have they released the venue presale password for Thursday? I don''t have an AMEX card and cetrainly don't want to roll the dice on Friday!
Salt air it ain't thin,
And make you feel fine.
It makes you feel fine.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Detroit Finz wrote: March 16, 2017 3:54 pm Have they released the venue presale password for Thursday? I don''t have an AMEX card and cetrainly don't want to roll the dice on Friday!
1) My experience is Presale does not put forth all of the best seats.
2) The Presale will only put forth some seats available for purchase.
3) I think it will STILL be a roll of the dice on a Presale. I've seen a number of Presale's sell out in fairly short order.
4) Still, it's a decent shot to at least get in the venue, especially if going for the lawn!

I'll give a heads up if I hear anything!
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

Yay! I have tickets! It took me an hour and I was getting kinda crazy trying to decide if something was a storefront or not. Is that a river or a lake? Is that a street sign or just a sign?

I think it was a lot easier when you just had to type squiggly numbers. LOL
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Onboard for July 11. See all at the Parking Lot Oasis (the shaded greenspace between the lots) 8) 8)
Detroit Finz
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark!

Post by Detroit Finz »

Got our tickets this morning! Ready for the 24th episode of this crazy Journey with Jimmy. Ain't no party like a Detroit party, especially at Pine Knob!
Salt air it ain't thin,
And make you feel fine.
It makes you feel fine.
KateQOE
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Banana Republic
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by KateQOE »

I posted my question in a new thread yesterday, but will post here, too. July 11th show will be my first ever JB concert and I'm very excited about the tailgating AND seeing Jimmy! Just wondering about tailgating at the venue? Where can I get info on when the parking lot opens? Hopefully someone here will post the info when it becomes available. I live in northern Michigan so no access to Detroit radio, etc. Obviously can check DTE online but want to know ASAP. Also looking for tips and pointers about tailgating at a Jimmy concert. I've done my homework, but would like to hear from "real people" about the experience and what to expect, absolutely shouldn't-be-without items, etc. Hope to meet some of you in the parking lot! :D
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

KateQOE wrote: April 19, 2017 11:24 am I posted my question in a new thread yesterday, but will post here, too. July 11th show will be my first ever JB concert and I'm very excited about the tailgating AND seeing Jimmy! Just wondering about tailgating at the venue? Where can I get info on when the parking lot opens? Hopefully someone here will post the info when it becomes available. I live in northern Michigan so no access to Detroit radio, etc. Obviously can check DTE online but want to know ASAP. Also looking for tips and pointers about tailgating at a Jimmy concert. I've done my homework, but would like to hear from "real people" about the experience and what to expect, absolutely shouldn't-be-without items, etc. Hope to meet some of you in the parking lot! :D
You will NOT want to check with "Pine Knob" regarding the time lot opens. Company line will say 3 or 4. Reality says could be anytime between Noon & 2. Best bet is to arrive early....very early at the Park n Ride on Sashabaw Rd just East of I-75 just down the road from the venue. You can get your pregame Tailgate going there, then you'll be the first to know when indeed the gates become open, as the powers that be give the Park n Ride gang the heads up when to start lining up for the parking lot.

Hope that helps some.
ENJOY!!
DizzyDean
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins (I'm a shark that can swim on the land)
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas, Hurricanes

Post by DizzyDean »

Dr.Corona wrote: April 19, 2017 12:49 pm
KateQOE wrote: April 19, 2017 11:24 am I posted my question in a new thread yesterday, but will post here, too. July 11th show will be my first ever JB concert and I'm very excited about the tailgating AND seeing Jimmy! Just wondering about tailgating at the venue? Where can I get info on when the parking lot opens? Hopefully someone here will post the info when it becomes available. I live in northern Michigan so no access to Detroit radio, etc. Obviously can check DTE online but want to know ASAP. Also looking for tips and pointers about tailgating at a Jimmy concert. I've done my homework, but would like to hear from "real people" about the experience and what to expect, absolutely shouldn't-be-without items, etc. Hope to meet some of you in the parking lot! :D
You will NOT want to check with "Pine Knob" regarding the time lot opens. Company line will say 3 or 4. Reality says could be anytime between Noon & 2. Best bet is to arrive early....very early at the Park n Ride on Sashabaw Rd just East of I-75 just down the road from the venue. You can get your pregame Tailgate going there, then you'll be the first to know when indeed the gates become open, as the powers that be give the Park n Ride gang the heads up when to start lining up for the parking lot.

Hope that helps some.
ENJOY!!
Last year it was 11am. I was there before 9am at the Park and Ride with Bloody Caesars to share. Hope to see you there.
Yes I am a Image
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

DizzyDean wrote: April 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Hope that helps some.
ENJOY!!
Last year it was 11am. I was there before 9am at the Park and Ride with Bloody Caesars to share. Hope to see you there.
haven't done the park n ride in a number of years. The gang I hang with doesn't do the AM thing, so unless I fly solo don't get there until early PM. Encouraging to know they still get em in there early.....
Considering we got a Tuesday this year wouldn't be surprised if they back off the lot opening time a bit this year.
KateQOE
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by KateQOE »

Hope that helps some.
ENJOY!!
Thanks for the info, Doc! So by "very early" do you mean 9:00 am or 10:00 am? We just want to make sure we get in early so will keep the Park n Ride lot in mind. What about location IN the Pine Knob Parking lot? I'm thinking it would be best to be near the grassy area between lot/venue for porta pottie purposes. Obviously that will take forever to get out when the show is over, but I'm good with that. Your thoughts?
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

KateQOE wrote: April 21, 2017 10:18 am

Hope that helps some.
ENJOY!!
Thanks for the info, Doc! So by "very early" do you mean 9:00 am or 10:00 am? We just want to make sure we get in early so will keep the Park n Ride lot in mind. What about location IN the Pine Knob Parking lot? I'm thinking it would be best to be near the grassy area between lot/venue for porta pottie purposes. Obviously that will take forever to get out when the show is over, but I'm good with that. Your thoughts?
Of course it's personal preference on how early you want to get your party started. As I haven't done the Park n Ride in a few years have no idea how early pholks get there currently. I'm sure by 9 they'll be pholks there. As DizzyDean mentioned last year lots opened at 11:00.
Gang I'm with doesn't head out before noon, putting us at the venue 12:30-1:00.
We DO setup in the grassy area. It's no big deal getting out. Just have patience. Much more comfortable than being on the hot pavement all day.
KateQOE
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by KateQOE »

[/quote]
Of course it's personal preference on how early you want to get your party started. As I haven't done the Park n Ride in a few years have no idea how early pholks get there currently. I'm sure by 9 they'll be pholks there. As DizzyDean mentioned last year lots opened at 11:00.
Gang I'm with doesn't head out before noon, putting us at the venue 12:30-1:00.
We DO setup in the grassy area. It's no big deal getting out. Just have patience. Much more comfortable than being on the hot pavement all day.
[/quote]

We HOPE there will be hot (and dry) pavement that day! [smilie=cool.gif] Guess we'll just wait to see what time the lot is opening and go from there. As Aerosmith sang...I don't wanna miss a thing!