Who's going to...Chula Vista, CA (San Diego) on October 21, 2017?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

daddymention
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin' to Reason With Hurricane Season & Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Pizza Port Carlsbad- Poor Man's IPA & Zombies

Who's going to...Chula Vista, CA (San Diego) on October 21, 2017?

Post by daddymention »

Jimmy's coming back to town...and it's on a Saturday!!!

Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band
Sat 10/21/17 @ 8pm
Mattress Firm Amphitheatre (Formerly Sleep Train Amphitheatre)
Chula Vista, CA

https://concerts1.livenation.com/event/ ... 1493911681

Tickets on sale Friday, May 12. 10:00am PST
1ST CONCERT: SAT. AUG 6, 1988 - PACIFIC AMPHITHEATRE, COSTA MESA, CA - LOGE 11 SEC 2 ROW U SEAT 42 $20.35
SHOWS: DAVID-31, STEFANIA-27, SHANE-11, EMMA KATE-7
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
woohoomike
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: School Boy Heart
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Sober over 19 years and counting.

Re: Who's going to...Chula Vista, CA (San Diego) on October 21, 2017?

Post by woohoomike »

We will be having a party bus from the Kansas City BBQ in San Diego down to Chula Vista. Should be about 10 of us going. Show number 41 for me. Tickets go on sale this Friday at 10am. Is there any presale???? We have a staff meeting at 9am that morning and don't want to miss the rush right at 10am for the good seats.
daddymention
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin' to Reason With Hurricane Season & Cowboy in the Jungle

Post by daddymention »

Live Nation just released tickets in the upper half of level 300 (except for the middle section) for $36 + Fees. This is the same price as the lawn, except you're a little closer, you have a seat, and you can tailgate longer). If you are looking for a decent value, get 'em while the selection is good.
1ST CONCERT: SAT. AUG 6, 1988 - PACIFIC AMPHITHEATRE, COSTA MESA, CA - LOGE 11 SEC 2 ROW U SEAT 42 $20.35
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
TexasPiratED
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Apple Crown & Cranberry

Post by TexasPiratED »

We are coming out to this show from Dallas Tx. We throw a huge tailgate in Frisco every year. What’s the tailgating in California like? When do gates open for tailgating?
Some of it's magic......
daddymention
I Love the Now!

Post by daddymention »

Live Nation will not confirm lot opening time until a few days prior. Most of the shows at this venue have a lot opening time of 4pm. Because our show is on a Saturday, hopefully it will be way earlier. The parking is free but you are parked in the dirt. Motorhomes are on the pavement on the South side of the venue. This area will eventually open to regular vehicles too, but usually not right away. There is also preferred parking closer to the entrance for $30 (I paid $20 through the phone app). This is paved and in a great location...but doesn't fill as fast due to the cost, so the tailgating festivities take awhile to fully get going.

All level 300 seats are now available for $36.00 + Fees. Most of them used to be $136 but Live Nation lowered them yesterday. Back in 2004, I paid $66.00 to sit in this section....so now 13 years later, they are selling for $36. Huge bargain!

Looking forward to my 30th show! Hope to see all of you there!
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
daddymention
I Love the Now!

Post by daddymention »

Here's all the information from Live Nation regarding the show...wish the lot was opening earlier that 4pm. I think me and the family will go spend some morning and early afternoon time either at a park or at Imperial Beach for the 1st "tailgate", then head on over to the lot around 3 or so to wait to get in for the second "tailgate". Not going to waste all day hoping the lot will open early, they've been pretty strict in the last few years and I don't want to spend the time driving in circles with my patience growing thin.

Next Event: Saturday, October 21, 2017 - Jimmy Buffett

Event Times: All times are subject to change

Box Office: 10:00 am
Parking Lots : 4:00 pm
Venue VIP Gate: 5:30 pm
General Gates: 6:00 pm
Show Begins: 8:00 pm

Items ALLOWED to be brought in to venue:

Average size bags/back packs
Cameras – nonprofessional only, no detachable or external zoom lenses
Food – in a clear, 1-gallon ziplock bag
Water – a 20 oz. factory sealed plastic bottle (not frozen)
Signs 8 1/2" x 11" or smaller Only
Small Blanket or Towel
Items NOT ALLOWED to be brought in to venue for this show include, but are not limited to:

Chairs
Weapons and sharp objects of any kind
Alcohol
Illegal drugs/substances
Glass containers
Cans
Coolers
Large or oversized bags/back packs, including luggage, duffel bags, or industrial/camping-sized back packs
Laser pointers
Animals (except service animals)
Fireworks
Large Blankets
Umbrellas
Tripods
Selfie Sticks
Video Cams / Go Pros / iPads
Cameras with detachable lens or manual external zoom
Parking

GENERAL PARKING :: No additional fee charged other than the ticket surcharge
PREFERRED PARKING PRICE :: Cars - $30.00 RV / LIMO - $100.00 VALET PARKING PRICE:: $50.00
RESTRICTIONS: (please refer to the Tailgating section of the A-Z Guide for a complete listing)
NO 5th wheel travel trailers or trailers of any type
NO Catering Trucks or Large Grills
NO Tents larger than 8'x8' and must fit inside the parking space
NO Portable Bars
NO Beach Sand
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
El Pablo
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Drunkin 15 Year Old Girlfriend
Number of Concerts: 57
Favorite Boat Drink: La Cerveza del Pacifico

Post by El Pablo »

Thanks once again Daddymention for all the updated info especially buying preferred parking on the TM app. It's $25 now but well worth it. We'll look for you guys in lot. Twentybucks is threatening to bring the Tommy's Chili again! Nice to have homegame on a Saturday for a change. Finz Up!
daddymention
I Love the Now!

Post by daddymention »

El Pablo wrote: October 20, 2017 12:55 am Thanks once again Daddymention for all the updated info especially buying preferred parking on the TM app. It's $25 now but well worth it. We'll look for you guys in lot. Twentybucks is threatening to bring the Tommy's Chili again! Nice to have homegame on a Saturday for a change. Finz Up!
You're welcome! Since it's my 30th show, we are making fish tacos this year at the tailgate and skipping the Tommy's...but we did bring some to the last Irvine show last year. Yes, please stop by and say hi...it's been a long time...would love to see you!
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
chulomemo1
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by chulomemo1 »

Anyone heard the latest on when Mattress Firm will open up the parking lots? I know the "standard party line" is 4 pm, but of course it being a Saturday we're all opening for something earlier. Gracias.