Who’s Going to Jones Beach Aug 2 2018?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

irshfiregrl
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 110
Favorite Boat Drink: 1800 coconut tequila

Re: Who’s Going to Jones Beach Aug 2 2018?

Post by irshfiregrl »

Whoever is in town tonight informal gathering TGI Fridays Massapequa park 7pm
"I'm just hangin on while this ole world keeps spinning, and its good to know its out of my control. If there's one thing that Ive learned from all this living,is that It wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

24 years but I've hit triple digits !
Cane Garden Bay
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Cane Garden Bay »

irshfiregrl wrote: August 1, 2018 10:36 am Whoever is in town tonight informal gathering TGI Fridays Massapequa park 7pm

Great !!! Looking forward to seeing some fellow BN'ers there.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

jbfins wrote: August 1, 2018 9:16 am I am waiting until tonight or even tomorrow to buy tickets. With the weather I suspect that lots of people will want to dump and there are hundreds of tickets still for sale.

BTW - I should know this but don't. What time does the opening act come on and what time does Jimmy take the stage?
Thanks,
Prices are dropping fast, I just picked up 2 tickets for $39ea that had been listed for over $100 yesterday. I was going to wait longer but I need to hit the road and get to NY so a bird in hand....
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
jbfins
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by jbfins »

I am probably going to buy in a few. Have not told the wife yet.
Can someone please just tell me what time JB comes on so I can plan accordingly.
Thanks,
"Some people never find it..."
irshfiregrl
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 110
Favorite Boat Drink: 1800 coconut tequila

Post by irshfiregrl »

Posted as 8:20 after Caroline Jones
"I'm just hangin on while this ole world keeps spinning, and its good to know its out of my control. If there's one thing that Ive learned from all this living,is that It wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

24 years but I've hit triple digits !
parrotheadstueby
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark and Stormy

Post by parrotheadstueby »

Kicking myself for not going to Caroline Jones last night at the Talkhouse-Jimmy in audience and performed as well. Safe trip to all -hopefully being in line by 4:30 instead of 5:30 gets us in main lot this year
I want to go back to the island,
Where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilin'.
Give me oysters and beer for dinner ev'ry day of the year
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Little moogy is excited for the concert
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

HAPPY BUFFETT DAY!!!
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Great day at Jones Beach. My first time back since 2004 and it was a fantastic day all around. Parking was easy and free. Security and police let fans be fans unlike how it was in 2004. Great weather, better company, great hospitality from BNers, BNer friends, and non-BNers we got to spend the day with, just an amazing group of people.

It wasn't Great Woods, nothing is but this was a great alternative and I am very happy we made the trip. And the venue security getting into the show, we worried about another Pitt fiasco we headed in a little earlier than usual (745) and we got right through security quickly and they were all nice and friendly.

A few nitpicks
The lack of overall port-a-potties in the parking lots. Just finding a port-a-potty was a chore so most of the time to use the bathroom you had to walk over to the beach side bathrooms. They had a person who was guarding the men's bathroom door only allowing males in the men's room. Not all heroes wear capes :lol: . .............The venue was awesome but some/most of the fans at the show were very subdued. I have never seen a Buffett crowd so lackluster. Outside the front three sections. 90% of the fans sat down most of the show. After about 10 songs when he played Cheeseburger that got everyone off their feet, sort of tells you about the crowd that night and what level of fans were in attendance. Most sat the entire show. Caroline's voice is amazing, great singer but too much Caroline, one song with Jimmy would have been enough. The meet me in Margaritaville cast on stage singing with Jimmy seemed unnecessary. The musical failed, what makes him think anyone wanted or needed to see the cast on stage with Jimmy for a few songs, it was just odd.

Only other issue was the lot condition post concert. I have seen my share of ugly post-concert lots at Great Woods but this was by far the worst. It appeared that people either didn't use trash cans or they dumped trash out. There were parts of the lot that looked like a landfill.
Last edited by BottleofRum on August 5, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Jones Beach Tailgating

Post by Finzup16 »

Let me preference by saying "maybe it was just my location or "maybe I'm getting old" but.........
I feel the Tailgating is becoming less and less about the music/lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett/ being a Parrothead and more about teenagers needing a place to drink.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

There were a significant number of people there who looked to be in that college 18-24 age range. When they'd walk by or stop by our tailgate or we walked by theirs and talked to them none said were going to the show, they said they are there for the party. We parked in lot 4 but tailgated with the crew in lot 5 so at about 715 we had to head back to my car to drop off our bags and coolers and many of these 18-24 year olds college looking people were packing up and getting ready to leave . Lot 4 was way more empty of cars than I thought it would be at 730.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

BottleofRum wrote: August 5, 2018 4:54 pm Great day at Jones Beach. My first time back since 2004 and it was a fantastic day all around. Parking was easy and free. Security and police let fans be fans unlike how it was in 2004. Great weather, better company, great hospitality from BNers, BNer friends, and non-BNers we got to spend the day with, just an amazing group of people.

It wasn't Great Woods, nothing is but this was a great alternative and I am very happy we made the trip. And the venue security getting into the show, we worried about another Pitt fiasco we headed in a little earlier than usual (745) and we got right through security quickly and they were all nice and friendly.

A few nitpicks
The lack of overall port-a-potties in the parking lots. Just finding a port-a-potty was a chore so most of the time to use the bathroom you had to walk over to the beach side bathrooms. They had a person who was guarding the men's bathroom door only allowing males in the men's room. Not all heroes wear capes :lol: . .............The venue was awesome but some/most of the fans at the show were very subdued. I have never seen a Buffett crowd so lackluster. Outside the front three sections. 90% of the fans sat down most of the show. After about 10 songs when he played Cheeseburger that got everyone off their feet, sort of tells you about the crowd that night and what level of fans were in attendance. Most sat the entire show. Caroline's voice is amazing, great singer but too much Caroline, one song with Jimmy would have been enough. The meet me in Margaritaville cast on stage singing with Jimmy seemed unnecessary. The musical failed, what makes him think anyone wanted or needed to see the cast on stage with Jimmy for a few songs, it was just odd.

Only other issue was the lot condition post concert. I have seen my share of ugly post-concert lots at Great Woods but this was by far the worst. It appeared that people either didn't use trash cans or they dumped trash out. There were parts of the lot that looked like a landfill.

My friend went and has been going to Jones Beach for years and said the crowd was RESLLy lame and it kind of ruined his experience during the show
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

FinsUp6835 wrote: August 6, 2018 6:15 am
BottleofRum wrote: August 5, 2018 4:54 pm Great day at Jones Beach. My first time back since 2004 and it was a fantastic day all around. Parking was easy and free. Security and police let fans be fans unlike how it was in 2004. Great weather, better company, great hospitality from BNers, BNer friends, and non-BNers we got to spend the day with, just an amazing group of people.

A few nitpicks

My friend went and has been going to Jones Beach for years and said the crowd was RESLLy lame and it kind of ruined his experience during the show
I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one with this opinion albeit a negative one.
I believe the Tailgating is there for anyone who wants to spend a day being a Parrothead. If you said to me I have heard 50 JB songs and hate everyone of them but love the lifestyle and want to join in for the day. THAT'S Fine. Feel free to join the fun.
It's the people who show up for the drinking and have zero knowledge /interest in Jimmy Buffett that made it "LAME"
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Personally, I had zero issues with the dozens of bikini clad college girls I interacted with throughout the day.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

BottleofRum wrote: August 5, 2018 4:54 pmOnly other issue was the lot condition post concert. I have seen my share of ugly post-concert lots at Great Woods but this was by far the worst. It appeared that people either didn't use trash cans or they dumped trash out. There were parts of the lot that looked like a landfill.
It was like that last year too, that's one of the reasons I decided not to go back this year. There was so much trash thrown around, the lot looked like the aftermath of a riot.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
prthead99
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: SchoolBoy Heart
Number of Concerts: 58
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Punch

Post by prthead99 »

This place has become a disaster have been going there for a long time and it has just been taken over by underage kids destroying things. Used to be able to get into lot 5 at 10 am now I had to get in line at 330am to get in. I had some clown parked 10 spots from me blasting club music and doing some ridiculous karaoke. The cops were just giving out beer tickets all over the place to minors the parking g lot was destroyed after the show somebody even left 2 couches in the lot smh. Next year I will just show up at 2 PM setup in the vip lot listen some music have some drinks and get ready to listen to jimmy at 8. On a good note it was nice to see you Roxanne,Debbie,private, and congratulations Hollywood on number 200.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

And don't get me wring, I had a great time. The college-ish people didn't have any impact on my fun at all. And the trash left behind didn't either, it was just so surprising to see how much was left behind and how much they had to clean up overnight. I think they had a show there the next day. We didn't get there until 845 and we just parked in lot 4 and walked over to lot 5, maybe a 10-12 min walk.

The only thing that put a damper was how mellow the crowd was during the show. I have never seen people sit so long at a concert, let alone a Jimmy Buffett concert. I almost felt bad standing up. Last time I sat down at any concert was an Alan Cummin concert :o last year.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: August 6, 2018 9:36 am Personally, I had zero issues with the dozens of bikini clad college girls I interacted with throughout the day.
you mean stalked..LOL!!!! how many restrainig orders?
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

TommyBahama wrote: August 6, 2018 2:25 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: August 6, 2018 9:36 am Personally, I had zero issues with the dozens of bikini clad college girls I interacted with throughout the day.
you mean stalked..LOL!!!! how many restrainig orders?
Yea, we noticed...

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Great seeing you, Patrick and Jon at the JB tailgate at JB. :D

Debbie