drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: Who's Going to Fenway

Post by drunkpirate66 »

:lol:

This made me laugh harder than anything on BN in a long time.

Thank you.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I'm to going Fenway, I plan to attend about 10 games this year.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
HulaGirlatHeart1981
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Habour
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Pina Colada

Post by HulaGirlatHeart1981 »

OH man, is Fenway really THAT bad? We've never been there and decided to buy tickets to go somewhere different! Now I'm a little sad
Johnny's Lounge
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: ~~^~~ Fins ~~^~~
Number of Concerts: 34
Favorite Boat Drink: I Don't Know anymore.

Post by Johnny's Lounge »

I remember when I used to change vacation plans to go see JB at GreatWoods, actually where ever I could. I won't be at Fenway. Great place for a game because of the history. This thread used to be really hopping though as well.
"Reading departure signs in some big airport
Reminds me of the places I've been.
Visions of good times that brought
so much pleasure
makes me want to go back again."
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

BottleofRum wrote: March 5, 2018 12:13 pm I'm to going Fenway, I plan to attend about 10 games this year.
Only going to Fenway for the M'ville hat game to hear TICB.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Tickets selling for as low as $39 on StubHub and field seats within the first 20 rows of the stage selling for less than $180. Hold out long enough and they might pay you to attend the concert. And I heard when Huey Lewis canceled his whole summer tour a lot of people asked for and received refunds for the Fenway show. The theory is they noticed how cheap tickets were on the secondary market so they got the full price refund and will shop around for better seats at lower prices online.

If prices continue to drop at this rate I may reconsider going if my work schedule allows me to. If I can get in and get a decent seat for $40-$50, hell yea! .
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I'll be there. Just waiting for better ticket to pop up in the center A sections. Of course it has to be face or cheaper.
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: February 28, 2018 5:32 pm :lol:

Thank you.
You'll be there!!!
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

I wish I could go but it is during one of the two weeks I actually work in the summer.

Right now it is not scheduled to be streamed on Mville TV - only RADIO Mville. This might be because they are waiting to sell more tickets.

I get why everyone is upset he is not doing Great Woods, but I think these types of shows are special and I feel like Jimmy always gets pumped up for em.
I hope they add it to Margaritaville TV so I can watch it in the garage after being on the ice for 8 hours that day.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 15, 2018 1:08 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: February 28, 2018 5:32 pm :lol:

Thank you.
You'll be there!!!
Nope.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

BottleofRum wrote: May 15, 2018 12:06 pm Tickets selling for as low as $39 on StubHub and field seats within the first 20 rows of the stage selling for less than $180. Hold out long enough and they might pay you to attend the concert. And I heard when Huey Lewis canceled his whole summer tour a lot of people asked for and received refunds for the Fenway show. The theory is they noticed how cheap tickets were on the secondary market so they got the full price refund and will shop around for better seats at lower prices online.

If prices continue to drop at this rate I may reconsider going if my work schedule allows me to. If I can get in and get a decent seat for $40-$50, hell yea! .
Wrigley tix are going for $25 each when you buy a 4-pack. :o
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

irshfiregrl
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 110
Favorite Boat Drink: 1800 coconut tequila

Post by irshfiregrl »

Going.. under protest. But a home show is a home show. Going down in a limo or party bus to avoid the traffic nightmare. We should set up a pregame meeting at the cask or beerworks.
"I'm just hangin on while this ole world keeps spinning, and its good to know its out of my control. If there's one thing that Ive learned from all this living,is that It wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

24 years but I've hit triple digits !
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

irshfiregrl wrote: May 16, 2018 9:52 am Going.. under protest. But a home show is a home show. Going down in a limo or party bus to avoid the traffic nightmare. We should set up a pregame meeting at the cask or beerworks.
Works for me!!!
RAGTOPMAN
Gypsies in the palace
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by RAGTOPMAN »

Cheeky Monkey is right outside the Park and has outside tables
“Genuine adventure isn't available mail order. It isn't delivered to your door like pizza. You have to apply imagination and actively seek the extraordinary if you want great barroom stories…”
~ Kansas Stamps
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

I see That Peter Wolfe and The Midnight Travelers are opening now. I wish it was The J Giel's Band. I had a gut feeling , it was going to be him. Just because it was last minute , and he is from Boston.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Rapidly approaching page 2.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

TommyBahama wrote: July 2, 2018 10:43 am I see That Peter Wolfe and The Midnight Travelers are opening now. I wish it was The J Giel's Band. I had a gut feeling , it was going to be him. Just because it was last minute , and he is from Boston.
The J Giels Band was on the Today Show Friday Concert once when I was still working in 30 Rock. I forget what year it was, but it was long enough ago that Katie Couric was still on Today. She was interviewing Peter Wolfe between songs and mentioned the song "Love Stinks." He said "If love stinks, how come everyone always wants a sniff?" She had a deer in the headlights look on her face and didn't know what to say. (I'm only trying to help Jon get to page 2.)
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote: July 2, 2018 2:26 pm
TommyBahama wrote: July 2, 2018 10:43 am I see That Peter Wolfe and The Midnight Travelers are opening now. I wish it was The J Giel's Band. I had a gut feeling , it was going to be him. Just because it was last minute , and he is from Boston.
The J Giels Band was on the Today Show Friday Concert once when I was still working in 30 Rock. I forget what year it was, but it was long enough ago that Katie Couric was still on Today. She was interviewing Peter Wolfe between songs and mentioned the song "Love Stinks." He said "If love stinks, how come everyone always wants a sniff?" She had a deer in the headlights look on her face and didn't know what to say. (I'm only trying to help Jon get to page 2.)
Great Story. One of my Brothers met Peter Wolf , he was friends with the son of Big Al Anderson of NRBQ. He use to live in my town , Wolf was at his house one day , and my Brother was over there at the time. He said he was a pretty cool guy. I always liked J Giel's. we'll make page 2 by concert time.
dtabor
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by dtabor »

We are going to Fenway. Always been to GW and we're pretty disappointed at the switch to Fenway this year and it being on a Thursday but since we are relative newcomers to the JB concert scene (this being our 6th), we didn't want to miss this years show. Its become a tradition for us.