Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 62678
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by LIPH » December 13, 2018 9:54 am

TommyBahama wrote:
December 13, 2018 9:52 am
LIPH wrote:
December 12, 2018 8:42 pm
I checked to see how many miles I needed to fly for free. I have enough to get dropped somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on the way over. :lol:
I hope you're a good swimmer.
I don't know how to swim.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

karat
Lester Polyester
Posts: 7252
Joined: February 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by karat » January 1, 2019 6:38 pm

9 months!!!
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

karat
Lester Polyester
Posts: 7252
Joined: February 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)
Contact:

Doing a Tour First

Post by karat » January 2, 2019 7:14 pm

Well I just booked our Tour prior to the concert! Flying in to Shannon (west coast), touring for 6days, ending in Dublin. Added two days on to the tour, Currently staying at the Harding, but doing research to see what else is recommended on the St Stephen's Greene side.

Drop me an email if you have any questions!
holly_travel@outlook.com
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 38013
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by dnw » January 26, 2019 8:34 am

238!!!!!
Image


Debbie

karat
Lester Polyester
Posts: 7252
Joined: February 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by karat » January 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Since there is no really tailgate overseas. Who would be up for a Noonish tour of Jameson? I can see if we can get a group tour/rate. I will be using my Travel Agent Powers
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 38013
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by dnw » January 27, 2019 9:19 am

karat wrote:
January 26, 2019 1:35 pm
Since there is no really tailgate overseas. Who would be up for a Noonish tour of Jameson? I can see if we can get a group tour/rate. I will be using my Travel Agent Powers

We are not going to tour Jameson or Guinness, but some others are on Wednesday and Friday.
Image


Debbie

karat
Lester Polyester
Posts: 7252
Joined: February 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by karat » January 27, 2019 9:39 am

dnw wrote:
January 27, 2019 9:19 am
karat wrote:
January 26, 2019 1:35 pm
Since there is no really tailgate overseas. Who would be up for a Noonish tour of Jameson? I can see if we can get a group tour/rate. I will be using my Travel Agent Powers

We are not going to tour Jameson or Guinness, but some others are on Wednesday and Friday.
I'm confused on your post...You don't want to do it, correct? Well ask the others if they would like to go on Saturday afternoon. If not, not big deal. I have a Guinness Dinner and Tour on Friday. I won't be in Dublin until Friday, make my way from one side to another
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 38013
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by dnw » January 28, 2019 6:21 am

karat wrote:
January 27, 2019 9:39 am
dnw wrote:
January 27, 2019 9:19 am
karat wrote:
January 26, 2019 1:35 pm
Since there is no really tailgate overseas. Who would be up for a Noonish tour of Jameson? I can see if we can get a group tour/rate. I will be using my Travel Agent Powers

We are not going to tour Jameson or Guinness, but some others are on Wednesday and Friday.
I'm confused on your post...You don't want to do it, correct? Well ask the others if they would like to go on Saturday afternoon. If not, not big deal. I have a Guinness Dinner and Tour on Friday. I won't be in Dublin until Friday, make my way from one side to another

We are not going to tour either. My friends that are going to tour Jameson and Guinness are touring on Wednesday and Friday.
Thanks for the invite. See you on Friday in Dublin.
Image


Debbie

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11011
Joined: January 20, 2006 3:38 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose
Location: A PO Box and a 4 way stop

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by ScarletB » January 28, 2019 10:38 am

karat wrote:
January 26, 2019 1:35 pm
Since there is no really tailgate overseas. Who would be up for a Noonish tour of Jameson? I can see if we can get a group tour/rate. I will be using my Travel Agent Powers
I'm waiting on the details for Scott Kirby's tour, it may change most of what I'm planning!
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 62678
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by LIPH » January 28, 2019 12:25 pm

I just got a low fare alert for Dublin. Going there isn't too bad - 2 stops, both with 2 hour layovers. The return flight is a nightmare. Dublin to Halifax, 21 hour layover, Halifax to Toronto, 23 1/2 hour layover. I don't care that it's $400 cheaper than any other flight I've seen so far, that's f'n nuts.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5783
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by Dr.Corona » January 28, 2019 1:03 pm

LIPH wrote:
January 28, 2019 12:25 pm
I just got a low fare alert for Dublin. Going there isn't too bad - 2 stops, both with 2 hour layovers. The return flight is a nightmare. Dublin to Halifax, 21 hour layover, Halifax to Toronto, 23 1/2 hour layover. I don't care that it's $400 cheaper than any other flight I've seen so far, that's f'n nuts.
Upon further review....maybe that layover in Halifax could be "doable"......
http://www.drinkpropeller.ca/
https://goodrobotbrewing.ca/on-tap/ The "Tom Waits for No One" has potential!! 8) 8)
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

karat
Lester Polyester
Posts: 7252
Joined: February 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by karat » January 28, 2019 2:56 pm

Travel agent note. You want MINIMUM 2 hour layover. A bit longer is always better. For some airports more than others
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

SeattleParrotHead
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4971
Joined: April 9, 2005 11:18 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes
Location: Upper LH Corner

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by SeattleParrotHead » January 28, 2019 5:58 pm

We have/had tickets for Pisa to London to Seattle with an hour and 25 minutes between flights in LHR. I was a little concerned about the timing when I made the reservations, but the BA reservations person told me that it wasn’t a concern. Then BA changed the LHR-SEA flight to leave 5 minutes earlier and so they summarily changed that flight to the next day and didn’t tell me until after the fact. I guess 85 minutes doesn’t concern them, but 80 minutes seems to! (The last time went thru LHR it took about 30 minutes from plane to plane.) Since we don’t want to spend a night in London on the way home, we changed the PSA-LHR flight to an earlier Bologna-LHR flight (with a 2 hour layover) and now everything is OK.
ImageImage

I know the voices aren't real but they do have some good ideas.....
SPH

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11011
Joined: January 20, 2006 3:38 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose
Location: A PO Box and a 4 way stop

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by ScarletB » January 28, 2019 6:04 pm

LIPH wrote:
January 28, 2019 12:25 pm
I just got a low fare alert for Dublin. Going there isn't too bad - 2 stops, both with 2 hour layovers. The return flight is a nightmare. Dublin to Halifax, 21 hour layover, Halifax to Toronto, 23 1/2 hour layover. I don't care that it's $400 cheaper than any other flight I've seen so far, that's f'n nuts.

Yup, I"ve been able to find really good fares on the way over but coming back from Paris is hideous so far. I may just go BACK to Dublin from Paris and fly home from there, seems cheaper but I'm still going to wait a bit.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

karat
Lester Polyester
Posts: 7252
Joined: February 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by karat » January 28, 2019 8:00 pm

SeattleParrotHead wrote:
January 28, 2019 5:58 pm
We have/had tickets for Pisa to London to Seattle with an hour and 25 minutes between flights in LHR. I was a little concerned about the timing when I made the reservations, but the BA reservations person told me that it wasn’t a concern. Then BA changed the LHR-SEA flight to leave 5 minutes earlier and so they summarily changed that flight to the next day and didn’t tell me until after the fact. I guess 85 minutes doesn’t concern them, but 80 minutes seems to! (The last time went thru LHR it took about 30 minutes from plane to plane.) Since we don’t want to spend a night in London on the way home, we changed the PSA-LHR flight to an earlier Bologna-LHR flight (with a 2 hour layover) and now everything is OK.
Don't trust the airlines when they say "that is enough time". The have what they call legal connections. Just remember you are counting on all planes to be on time and weather to be perfect! If you want your luggage to be with you, you better give enough time. Just because it worked out once, does not mean it will work out every time. I have 9+ years booking travel and 4 years all I did was travel for work.
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

SeattleParrotHead
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4971
Joined: April 9, 2005 11:18 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes
Location: Upper LH Corner

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by SeattleParrotHead » January 28, 2019 10:07 pm

We never worry about lost luggage... 'cuz we never check it! Mrs SPH learned the hard way about 10 years ago when she and one of our she-keets went to Paris and then on to Rome but her suitcase took a 3 day side trip to Zurich.
I traveled for work for nearly 40 years and only had 1 real problem... on a trip to Dayton I flew from Seattle to Cincinnati and my bag went Seattle to Philly to LV to Chicago to Dayton (where I got it the next day after attending a meeting wearing jeans and a polo shirt while everybody else in the room was in suits or Air Force uniforms with shiny buttons.) I had a carry-on bag but they encouraged me to check it because the flight was full. Never again!
ImageImage

I know the voices aren't real but they do have some good ideas.....
SPH

karat
Lester Polyester
Posts: 7252
Joined: February 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)
Contact:

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by karat » January 28, 2019 10:15 pm

SeattleParrotHead wrote:
January 28, 2019 10:07 pm
We never worry about lost luggage... 'cuz we never check it! Mrs SPH learned the hard way about 10 years ago when she and one of our she-keets went to Paris and then on to Rome but her suitcase took a 3 day side trip to Zurich.
I traveled for work for nearly 40 years and only had 1 real problem... on a trip to Dayton I flew from Seattle to Cincinnati and my bag went Seattle to Philly to LV to Chicago to Dayton (where I got it the next day after attending a meeting wearing jeans and a polo shirt while everybody else in the room was in suits or Air Force uniforms with shiny buttons.) I had a carry-on bag but they encouraged me to check it because the flight was full. Never again!
Mine was lost due to a short connection in Amsterdam on my way to East Africa. Not exactly a place you can find a clothing store, the hut was closed for the night. Got it a 1.5 days later, but packed my backpack well!

Things are not on the up swing for one time anything. It is alway better to have more time then to be shut out
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

SeattleParrotHead
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4971
Joined: April 9, 2005 11:18 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes
Location: Upper LH Corner

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by SeattleParrotHead » January 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Amen! More time is always better than not enuff time. Then again, I remember once way back in the 60's when I spent 3 days in the Anchorage airport trying to get a flight out during a pilot's strike.....

When my wife finally got her bag back in Rome, it was held together with duct tape. She'd put a TSA approved lock on it, but I guess they don't like TSA locks in Europe and instead of cutting the lock off, they cut the zipper! :evil:
ImageImage

I know the voices aren't real but they do have some good ideas.....
SPH

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 21437
Joined: February 5, 2002 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 103
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy
Location: Plowin' straight ahead, come what may

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by Wino you know » February 8, 2019 10:45 am

Only thing keeping me from booking the trip is being able to find hotel accommodations.

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 38013
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's going to Dublin, Ireland on September 21, 2019?

Post by dnw » February 10, 2019 9:02 am

Wino you know wrote:
February 8, 2019 10:45 am
Only thing keeping me from booking the trip is being able to find hotel accommodations.

PM sent.
Image


Debbie

Post Reply