Who's Going to Alpine Valley?? 07/20/2019

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: Who's Going to Alpine Valley?? 07/20/2019

Post by Dr.Corona »

Never been there but curiosity is indeed killin' Dr. C.
Seems Alpine provides 2 ends of the spectrum when it comes to the "regulars" here on BN regarding their preference yea or nay on the Alpine experience.

I'm looking for top 2-3 reasons why you say yea or nay......keeping in mind I'm looking at it from a Pavilion seating situation because I don't believe its fair to bag on a venue just because of Azzholes on the lawn. Those can pop up anywhere IMO.

Appreciate your participation....
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
tropicalmindset
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset »

Personally, I love Alpine. The tailgating is fantastic, always a great crowd. I also always get Pavilion seats, so the sound is usually never an issue. I also feel like I have a good view of the stage, though I've never sat in a far corner. The only thing I don't like is tackling the hill after the show is over. Leaving the parking lot (Always get preferred parking) is never a challenge either. Get back to the car, break out the coolers and chairs for a little bit till it clears out, and then you can just head right on out. Sure there are things thar can be improved, but you can say that about any venue out there. Hope this helps!
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by boatdrinks84 »

Dr.Corona wrote: July 23, 2019 3:22 pm Never been there but curiosity is indeed killin' Dr. C.
Seems Alpine provides 2 ends of the spectrum when it comes to the "regulars" here on BN regarding their preference yea or nay on the Alpine experience.

I'm looking for top 2-3 reasons why you say yea or nay......keeping in mind I'm looking at it from a Pavilion seating situation because I don't believe its fair to bag on a venue just because of Azzholes on the lawn. Those can pop up anywhere IMO.

1. It’s a throwback venue. It’s the middle of nowhere, has massive hill, and a wooden pavilion. There’s also a timelessness to it. It feels like whatever era you want it to feel like. I always feel like I’ve been transported back to the 80s.

2. The crowd. It’s always raucous. The previous show (September 2016), the crowd was going nuts during the changeover from G Love to Buffett. I’ve never seen that at any other show. And it’s diverse. It’s both a Wisconsin and Illinois crowd with tour busses pouring in constantly from the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa, etc.

3. The tailgating. I can’t speak for Pine Knob, but Alpine has the best tailgating of any venue north or west of Cincinnati. The lots are huge and the fans bring it every time.

It’s a totally different feel than the other venues in the region. A day at Tinley always feels very rushed and short. Wrigley has its fans because of the ease of access and bars, but there’s zero tailgating. Alpine just feels like what the entire experience of going to a Buffett show is supposed to be.
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

I like it.
That’s all that matters to me.
I do respect other people’s other opinions, but I like it.
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Wino you know wrote: July 25, 2019 4:43 pm I like it.
That’s all that matters to me.
I do respect other people’s other opinions, but I like it.

Me too!!!

Debbie
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

boatdrinks84 wrote: July 24, 2019 2:57 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: July 23, 2019 3:22 pm Never been there but curiosity is indeed killin' Dr. C.

1. It’s a throwback venue. It’s the middle of nowhere, has massive hill, and a wooden pavilion. There’s also a timelessness to it. It feels like whatever era you want it to feel like. I always feel like I’ve been transported back to the 80s.

2. The crowd. It’s always raucous. The previous show (September 2016), the crowd was going nuts during the changeover from G Love to Buffett. I’ve never seen that at any other show. And it’s diverse. It’s both a Wisconsin and Illinois crowd with tour busses pouring in constantly from the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa, etc.

3. The tailgating. I can’t speak for Pine Knob, but Alpine has the best tailgating of any venue north or west of Cincinnati. The lots are huge and the fans bring it every time.

It’s a totally different feel than the other venues in the region. A day at Tinley always feels very rushed and short. Wrigley has its fans because of the ease of access and bars, but there’s zero tailgating. Alpine just feels like what the entire experience of going to a Buffett show is supposed to be.
Completely agree. Perfectly composed and the last sentence really says it all and echoes my sentiments about a Buffett show exactly.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds