10/20/2005 - San Francisco CA (Hurricane Katrina Relief)

Archive of past shows with comments. Visit the Set List Database Archive for more shows
The_Polly_Roger
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

10/20/2005 - San Francisco CA (Hurricane Katrina Relief)

Post by The_Polly_Roger »

The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
Benefit Show for Hurricane Katrina Relief
Thursday October 20th, 2005

First Set

01 - Only Time Will Tell
02 - Fruitcakes
03 - Pascagoula Run
04 - First Look
05 - CILCIA
06 - Jamaica Mistaica
07 - Woman Goin' Crazy On Caroline Street
08 - 5 O’Clock Somewhere
09 - Come Monday
10 - Cheeseburger in Paradise
11 - Brown Eyed Girl
12 - Scarlet Begonias

Intermission

Second Set

13 - Piece of Work
14 - Wind Crys Mary
15 - SOASOAS
16 - School Boy Heart
17 - Heart of Gold
18 - Tripping Billies
19 - Last Mango in Paris
20 - Uncle John's Band
21 - Southern Cross
22 - One Particular Harbor
23 - Margaritville

1st Encore:

24 - Fins
Band Intros
25 - Like a Rolling Stone
26 - Pirate Looks at 40
27 - Glory Days

2nd Encore:

28 - Deifying Gravity (Solo Acoustic)

(Edited for Accuracy)

A great time was had by all. Jimmy seemed really happy to be playing the historic Fillmore and showed it. It is a small venue with probably 1000 - 1200 people attending. There are bars all around and cocktail waitresses navigating the standing Parrotheads to bring them drinks. (It was GREAT!)

Our group (Myself, JeepGirl, RWM, LIPH, JoJo, PoolBoy Bob & Norcal) was about 13' from the stage just left of center. Close enough for Nikki to catch one of Jimmy's signed flip flops when he kicked them out into the audience!!

The line outside (Hawiian Shirts, Shorts and Grass Skirts in the S.F. fog :o ) and the show was video taped with printed releases posted throughout the venue. So maybe a benefit CD/DVD? :D
Last edited by The_Polly_Roger on October 21, 2005 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not always easy but it sure ain't boring!
The_Polly_Roger
Hoot!

Guess I'm a slow typer :roll:

OTE and I came out with slightly different lists . . .
On The Edge
Gypsies in the palace

Post by On The Edge »

Here is the accurate list. You were close. Piece of Work was the start of the second set.

This show was a tribute to the great acts that have performed at the world famous Fillmore West in San Francisco. Jimmy Buffett has just added his name to this hall of legends. It was a once in a lifetime experience. There is magic within the walls of this sacred place called the Fillmore West, where music greats have played to their fans.

1. Only Time Will Tell
2. Fruitcakes
3. Pascagoula Run
4. First Look
5. CILCIA
6. Jamaica Mistaica
7. Womon gone crazy on Caroline Street
8. 5 O'Clock Somewhere
9. Come Monday
10. Cheeseburger in Paradise
11. Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrisson)
12. Scarlet Begonias (Grateful Dead)

** First Break - 7 minutes only.

13 Piece of Work
14. Wind Cries Mary (Jimmi Hendrix)
15. Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
16. School Boy Heart
17. Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
18. Trippin' Billies (Dave Matthews Band)
19. Last Mango
20. Uncle John's Band (Grateful Dead)
21. Southern Cross (Crosby, Stills, and Nash)
22. One Particular Harbour
23. Margaritaville

First Encore

24. Fins
25. Like A Rolling Stone ( Bob Dylan )
26. Pirate Looks at 40
27. Glory Days (Bruce Springsteen)

Second Encore

28 Defying Gravity (solo)

This was an awesome show, once in a lifetime. I saw the entire show less than 8 feet from Jimmy. Front row standing. Thanks to my Latitude 38 PHIP Club phriends that put me in the front of the line with them. You guys are great. I have some great photos I will post them Friday, I'm one tired puppy. More on the show to follow....
NorCalFan
Southeast of disorder

Post by NorCalFan »

WOW!!!

What a great show! We were dancing in the balcony on the left side all night.
Thanks to the balcony girls for a GREAT once in a lifetime evening.
"You only have two options,
havin' fun or freakin' out."

www.WakeOn.com
The_Polly_Roger
Hoot!

NorCalFan wrote:WOW!!!

What a great show! We were dancing in the balcony on the left side all night.
Thanks to the balcony girls for a GREAT once in a lifetime evening.
So you guys were the "dancing balcony," The rest were pretty much just sitting and watching but one balcony (yours, I take it) was up and dancing and having a great time.
NorCalFan
Southeast of disorder

Post by NorCalFan »

Yep, that was us. Definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen!
Last edited by NorCalFan on October 21, 2005 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You only have two options,
havin' fun or freakin' out."

www.WakeOn.com
On The Edge
Gypsies in the palace

Post by On The Edge »

I can't believe I made it to work/school today by 8:00. The Kiddies will be working on a lot of projects today, and a few educational videos. After posting set list, I got to bed at about 2am.

But, Damn, it was worth every penny. I met some great BNrs and a few that had no idea it was me they were talking too. It's funny how some people behave in different situations. I got a good laugh out of it.

Made some new friends... It was all awesome
jeepgirl
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 35

Re: 10/20/2005 - San Francisco

Post by jeepgirl »

The_Polly_Roger wrote:Our group (Myself, JeepGirl, RWM, LIPH, JoJo, PoolBoy Bob & Norcal) was about 13' from the stage just left of center. Close enough for Nikki to catch one of Jimmy's signed flip flops when he kicked them out into the audience!!

Thank you again John for the gracious assist in "the catch" you are such a gentleman. Going to frame it with the ticket stub, not sell it on Ebay :wink:
ImageImage
Cowboy in A Jungle
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: The name says it all
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: My Margaritas aka "Jet Fuel"

Post by Cowboy in A Jungle »

The_Polly_Roger wrote:The line outside (Hawiian Shirts, Shorts and Grass Skirts in the S.F. fog :o ) and the show was video taped with printed releases posted throughout the venue. So maybe a benefit CD/DVD? :D
That would be very cool if they did. I talked to the Filmore folks by the sound board about that, and they said all the video stuff was being handled by JB's crew. I could definately see that. This year's release, JB at Fenway, next year JB at the Filmore??? :-)
redwinemaker
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by redwinemaker »

jeepgirl wrote:
The_Polly_Roger wrote:Our group (Myself, JeepGirl, RWM, LIPH, JoJo, PoolBoy Bob & Norcal) was about 13' from the stage just left of center. Close enough for Nikki to catch one of Jimmy's signed flip flops when he kicked them out into the audience!!

Thank you again John for the gracious assist in "the catch" you are such a gentleman. Going to frame it with the ticket stub, not sell it on Ebay :wink:
What she is trying to say is that John and her caught it at the same time and John graciously let go. I have a pic of "the catch" (I hope) that I will post later as well as some other cool shots.
Image Image
redwinemaker

Post by redwinemaker »

The Marquee.

Notice something about pic #3?

Image Image
island_hopper
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Love and Luck/Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Liquid Marijuana...YUM!! Look it up!!

Post by island_hopper »

redwinemaker wrote:The Marquee.

Notice something about pic #3?
:lol: That's just about as bad as going to the Jimmy Buffet. :lol:

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!! Very cool on the flip flop Nik and John!!! Wish I could've been there........any of you coming to Portland????? :D :wench:
Pepe T. Pirate
I have found me a home

Post by Pepe T. Pirate »

That was the best concert I've EVER gone to, EVER! Was up front with two friends I met in line from Boston.........Jimmy gave Katie the other flip-flop! (Hi, you guys! Have a good trip back in your Ford Focus. Ha, Ha!) Jimmy was gracious as always and had the most fun of any of us!

I can't believe there's someone working at the Fillmore who can't spell REEFER!!!!!!!!
SunPhunk41
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by SunPhunk41 »

Pepe T. Pirate wrote:That was the best concert I've EVER gone to, EVER! Was up front with two friends I met in line from Boston.........Jimmy gave Katie the other flip-flop! (Hi, you guys! Have a good trip back in your Ford Focus. Ha, Ha!) Jimmy was gracious as always and had the most fun of any of us!

I can't believe there's someone working at the Fillmore who can't spell REEFER!!!!!!!!
Natalie and our other parrothead phriends!!! Yes I caught the other flip flop and it is going in a frame right away!! i had the best time with all of you.. We are headed back to Beantown tomorrow in the ford focus!! haha....hope some of us made it in the video (if they are releasing it!!!) FINS UP!!
Kate and Craig (your boston friends) :-)
SunPhunk41
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by SunPhunk41 »

Hey all you Parrotheads.. im sure i met quite a few of you in line.. i was 4th in line (after the lovely lady, about my age from Michigan, and her uncle, and Natalie- gotta love them) I got there at 11:45- 12 noon with my boyfriend. We drove out here from Boston MA ... and we were very front row right in front the teleprompter, about 1 foot to the right of jimmy (looking at the stage).. i dont think he was looking at the teleprompter that much (if at all) Anyways, all you parrotheads i met that AMAZING day in San Fran.. im so glad to have waited in line with all of you and have been front row to one of the BEST Buffett shows EVER! Well worth the 6 hour wait.. OH YEA! Jimmy threw me his flip flop (autographed) and the setlist at the end of the show.. amazing. well, we are driving back to boston on monday.. if any of you remember me, give me a hello back!
Kate from Beantown!!!!
pgr17
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 16

Post by pgr17 »

looks like a fantastic setlist... like one of the best. man i hope this show makes it out... i really do.

a cd/dvd combo would be great.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

What a great show. Thanks to NorCal (who was the one who saw me walking down the block to get on line at the box office), Polly Roger, RWM, Jeepgirl, PoolBoyBob and JoJo for letting me cut the line and get a chance to see JB and the Reefers up close.
Cowboy in A Jungle wrote:I talked to the Filmore folks by the sound board about that, and they said all the video stuff was being handled by JB's crew. I could definately see that. This year's release, JB at Fenway, next year JB at the Filmore??? :-)
If this show was recorded and is going to be released I hope they don't wait until next year, especially since it was a hurricane benefit. If it's going to be released commercially they should get it out there as soon as possible to raise the most money they can.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
redwinemaker

Post by redwinemaker »

Interesting that both flip flops were caught by BNers!!!
Image Image
jasesolo
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by jasesolo »

I agree with all. The best concert EVER. The wife and I found out about it the DAY BEFORE in Boise, Idaho and headed straight down (I thought that was far away but you BOSTON folk got me beat).

We were parting part of the time with LAMPSHADE GIRL to whom Jimmy dedicated FRUITCAKES.

The set list was amazing...however I CANT BELIEVE HE DIDN’T PLAY GYPSIES IN THE PALACE that song was made for that night, I was horse from screaming it out in between songs in hopes he’d play it.

I too hope there is a video I'll be first in line to buy it.

^^^FINS UP^^^
jasesolo
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by jasesolo »

Oh and by the way the set list is correct -- I (my wife) obtained a copy from the stage.