Gary Allan Calls Out Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Re: Gary Allan Calls Out Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift

Post by Tiki Bar »

I know you're not girls, but I keep hearing Kramer's 'catfight' whilst reading...

:wink: :lol:
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

Tiki Bar wrote:I know you're not girls, but I keep hearing Kramer's 'catfight' whilst reading...

:wink: :lol:
No "cat fight" here. If there's been any hair pulling or clawing I surely haven't picked up on it. Nor have I insulted anyone's character, flung insults or been "condescending" (a favorite adjective of some of the BN crowd). Yet, put through the sonofbeach filter, I'm "trolling" by merely expressing an opinion he doesn't agree with. Best I can tell, I've stated how I feel about this topic without insulting a soul. Do sonofabeach and I disagree? Apparently so but the crux of this interview Larry King did with Gary Allan (as well as Zac Brown's take on that Luke Bryan tune) is about just how shitty radio has become, particularly mainstream country radio. I just so happen to agree with that and have stated why as diplomatically as I know how. Yet, I've somehow apparently managed to create the impression that I'm trolling. If anyone believes that so strongly, I'd love to know how you arrived at those thoughts. If ever there was one thing here that I thought we could all agree on, it would be how corporate and homogenized radio has become since at least the mid-90's. Evidently, I was wrong.

For anyone that cares to, I suggest taking a look at the trailer for this movie. I saw it earlier this summer at a screening hosted by Little Raleigh Radio (a low power community/volunteer FM station). While I was already familiar with a great deal of the topics covered in the movie as I experienced them firsthand from working in the business, I still found it to be a real eye opener.

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

Tiki Torches wrote:Yet, I've somehow apparently managed to create the impression that I'm trolling.
I think it's the lengthy rebuttals to every s i n g l e reply, combined with broken record syndrome. But that's just me.
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

Tiki Bar wrote:
Tiki Torches wrote:Yet, I've somehow apparently managed to create the impression that I'm trolling.
I think it's the lengthy rebuttals to every s i n g l e reply, combined with broken record syndrome. But that's just me.
I don't think attempting to explain myself is considered "trolling". Nor I have replied to every single post, nor have all of those replies been "lengthy". More selective memory at work which seems to be a speciality here. In order to help sonofabeach understand my position, I have gone into some detail. I know in the age of Twitter when the character limit is 117 characters it only adds to the mindset that deep, thought out discussions are to be frowned upon and that brevity is the order of the day. As for "broken record syndrome", I'm not suddenly going to change my stance on a topic. It's evident that sonofabeach is failing to understand what I've stated as he's accused me of "trolling" when I've done nothing of the sort. Perhaps if I had insulted him or attacked his character he'd have a point but that isn't what's occurred here, at least as far as I can tell.

sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

Hey Tiki Torches....Incoming.
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

sonofabeach wrote:That "Trailer Song" above is exactly the kind of song that you knock in the "Sad Day in Country Music" thread. Not that there's anything wrong with that, though. I like those fun songs with the stereotypical country talking points.
I can see Carrie Underwood or the Miranda Lambert singing it.
Why Kacey Musgraves and the topics she sings about in her songs are light years removed from the standard issue "country" you hear on mainstream country radio these days.

Kacey Musgraves: Same Trailer, Different Tune