Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Mac @ The Birchmere

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

MDShark70
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 85
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Mac @ The Birchmere

Post by MDShark70 » January 6, 2017 12:31 pm

Anybody else going to see Mac at the Birchmere in Alexandria, VA on January 26th? Saw him a few years ago at the Ram's Head in Annapolis and he was just excellent.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.

MDShark70
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 85
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Re: Mac @ The Birchmere

Post by MDShark70 » January 27, 2017 9:41 am

Sorry no other BuffettNews folks made it out. Mac was absolutely tremendous. Eric Darken joined him for about half the show or so. That guy is really talented. You don't get to appreciate that as much when he's with the Reefers.

Mac talked about Jimmy quite a bit along with many other legends. He did Pirate, Coast of Carolina and Come Monday from Jimmy's catalog along with Defying Gravity which was originally a Jesse Winchester song. Plus a bunch of his original stuff. Great storyteller. If you ever get the chance do yourself a favor see Mac by himself.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.