Key West Songwriter Festival

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderator: SMLCHNG

CrznDnUS1
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found A Home
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mezcal

Key West Songwriter Festival

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

Has anyone been to the Key West Songwriter Festival in past years? We are going to be there during the fest this year but only have heard of two artists this year. I am sure everyone will be great and it will be lots of fun. My question is if anyone had done this fest before and what did you do to make it the most enjoyable. what was your plan for seeing as much as possible? Are there any forums around for these folks?
"The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it." - Albert Einstein
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: Key West Songwriter Festival

Post by Dr.Corona »

I went in 2013.....but it was accidental to the Festival. Just made arrangements to go in early May & lo & behold the festival was there. Only 2 artists I saw there that I knew of were Trop-Rock artists Brent Burns & Jimmy Parrish. I remember Robert Earl Keen was there a day prior to my arrival but I think his show was not a freebie.

I see a couple familiar names who I've heard single songs from. Not familiar with the Headliners. Fan of John Frinzi & Howard Livingston's catalog for sure!

Not much help other than that. I tended to "camp out" at the venues I preferred. Wasn't overly populated but I guess I'm comparing it to Meeting of the Minds so maybe not very fair.

Enjoy!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
CrznDnUS1
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found A Home
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mezcal

Re: Key West Songwriter Festival

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

Cool and thanks for the info. We just purchased tickets for Robert Earl Keen on Wednesday night at the San Carlos as that is the opening day but we will probably just take in all the free music from there on. It looks like a lot of music at all the local spots.
"The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it." - Albert Einstein