Kris Kristofferson

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Kris Kristofferson

Post by LIPH »

I know Kristofferson has written some really good songs but I was never a real big fan of his, maybe because other than the big hits I didn't know his whole catalog of music. I just got a great new CD called The Life & Songs Of Kris Krostofferson. It's a recording of a concert where a bunch of different performers each did one Kristofferson song, 21 songs in all. Kristofferson joined Emmylou Harris on one song, Willie Nelson on one and the last song on the CD (Why Me) is Kristofferson with everybody else joining in. I only have one complaint (well, 2). One song is by Jennifer Nettles with her exaggerated southern drawl and over the top singing style, we could do without her. Another one is by Lady Antebellum, who I don't like at all. Other than that it's a terrific CD. If you're even a casual fan of Kris Kristofferson, do yourself a favor and pick this one up. If this was Men On Music from that old TV show In Living Color it would get 2 snaps up.

what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Re: Kris Kristofferson

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out, always been a KK fan.
Back to livin' Floridays
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Re: Kris Kristofferson

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Very talented and interesting man! He attended Oxford University as a Rhodes Scholar. After school he was a captain in the US Army where he attended Ranger school and was a helicopter pilot (his father was in the Army Air Corps and made it all the way to Major General in the USAF.)

Back when he and Rita Coolidge were still married I saw them in concert. They put on a very good show.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH