Dublin 2020 - September

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

karat
Lester Polyester
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Dublin 2020 - September

Post by karat »

Through the seaweed grapevine, rumor of Jimmy going back to Dublin. I was there last year and loved it! Stayed at a hotel 2 blocks away and would stay again. In fact, I booked my room already!! Payment is not due until the first of September 2020.

If you are thinking of going, we can get your room squared away. WARNING though, it will sell out and it is hard to book your dates if you don't know when you are coming or going. For example, if you think you will be there Friday before and leave Monday - great ($716 without breakfast). If you find out you are leaving a day earlier, then we would have to cancel the room to rebook and there may not be a room to rebook. I know sounds crazy, but that i the wholesaler I use. Currently I am getting the same rate as what the hotel is listing.

Email me if you are interested!! Holly_travel@outlook.com
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Dublin 2020 - September

Post by LIPH »

I would love to go back to Dublin, but I'm traveling back to Long Island next September. It's my 50th high school reunion.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Damn....I'd really would like to make a push to do this but I'm kinda forced into a May trip I'm not excited about that's gonna $uck up big chunk of fun ticket$. This could of been a win/win (Small venue Buffett + Emerald Island bucket list time) :-?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

karat wrote: December 7, 2019 9:40 pm Through the seaweed grapevine, rumor of Jimmy going back to Dublin. I was there last year and loved it! Stayed at a hotel 2 blocks away and would stay again. In fact, I booked my room already!! Payment is not due until the first of September 2020.

If you are thinking of going, we can get your room squared away. WARNING though, it will sell out and it is hard to book your dates if you don't know when you are coming or going. For example, if you think you will be there Friday before and leave Monday - great ($716 without breakfast). If you find out you are leaving a day earlier, then we would have to cancel the room to rebook and there may not be a room to rebook. I know sounds crazy, but that i the wholesaler I use. Currently I am getting the same rate as what the hotel is listing.

Do we know dates yet for this??

Was also there last Sept. AWESOME show & incredible experience. The venue was off-the-charts! Was worth standing in line all day for! We stayed in Temple Bar a block from Olympia & walked everywhere in Dublin. Would HIGHLY recommend doing Ireland (not just Dublin). Galway on the west side of the island was fantastic. A great vacation for sure. Would do it again in a heart beat.

Fins Up
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

C4Parrothead wrote: December 10, 2019 5:54 am
karat wrote: December 7, 2019 9:40 pm Through the seaweed grapevine, rumor of Jimmy going back to Dublin. I was there last year and loved it! Stayed at a hotel 2 blocks away and would stay again. In fact, I booked my room already!! Payment is not due until the first of September 2020.

Was also there last Sept. AWESOME show & incredible experience. The venue was off-the-charts! Was worth standing in line all day for! We stayed in Temple Bar a block from Olympia & walked everywhere in Dublin. Would HIGHLY recommend doing Ireland (not just Dublin). Galway on the west side of the island was fantastic. A great vacation for sure. Would do it again in a heart beat.

Fins Up

Dublin - September 19 - Came from VERY reliable source.

Debbie
karat
Lester Polyester
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Post by karat »

dnw wrote: December 10, 2019 8:21 am
C4Parrothead wrote: December 10, 2019 5:54 am

Fins Up

Dublin - September 19 - Came from VERY reliable source.

Maybe the 19th?!
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
karat
Lester Polyester

Post by karat »

still nothing up anywhere. I want to say it was Monday I got tickets last time and it was Short notice when the tickets went on sale
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

Never been to Ireland before but booked a room at the Temple Bar Hotel(not Temple Bar Inn) just in case. Fully refundable. Looks pretty close to the venue?
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

WVParrothead wrote: December 11, 2019 6:14 pm Never been to Ireland before but booked a room at the Temple Bar Hotel(not Temple Bar Inn) just in case. Fully refundable. Looks pretty close to the venue?
It is right around the corner & up 1/2 a block form Olympia. One thing - make sure your hotel has a lift (elevator) & AC. Our first stop did not :x :x
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
karat
Lester Polyester

Post by karat »

The hotel I talked about is The Harding, a right out of the venue, two blocks and a right.
Has a lift (they are all small), has AC and mini fridge and safe. It was unusually hot this past September, needed AC one day and the heat the next.

If anyone is looking for places let me know: Holly_travel@outlook.com
- if there is a place you prefer, let me see what the rate is that I can get!

- yes you have to pay in advance, there are penalties for cancelations X days out. I always suggest insurance, best to be smart than sorry.
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

I was actually kind of hoping the 2019 Dublin show would be more of a one time thing which would have made it more special/unique, but I guess if the show was so well received last year that he wants to play there again TY, that can only be a good thing. And since ESPN's College Gameday is also going there in 2020 for Notre Dame vs Navy football a few weeks earlier, that makes for a nice doubleheader so to speak.

I could only dream of actually attending a concert in Ireland. It is on my bucket list to go there someday and stay at Kate Kearney's Cottage in Gap of Dunloe in place of Captain Tony's Saloon. There's still so much to be done......
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

C4Parrothead wrote: December 10, 2019 5:54 amWas also there last Sept. AWESOME show & incredible experience. The venue was off-the-charts! Was worth standing in line all day for! We stayed in Temple Bar a block from Olympia & walked everywhere in Dublin. Would HIGHLY recommend doing Ireland (not just Dublin). Galway on the west side of the island was fantastic. A great vacation for sure. Would do it again in a heart beat.

Fins Up
Do you happen to know if any merchandise related to the show last September is still available anywhere online?
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
karat
Lester Polyester

Post by karat »

atmarler26 wrote: January 1, 2020 2:51 pm
C4Parrothead wrote: December 10, 2019 5:54 amWas also there last Sept. AWESOME show & incredible experience. The venue was off-the-charts! Was worth standing in line all day for! We stayed in Temple Bar a block from Olympia & walked everywhere in Dublin. Would HIGHLY recommend doing Ireland (not just Dublin). Galway on the west side of the island was fantastic. A great vacation for sure. Would do it again in a heart beat.

Fins Up
Do you happen to know if any merchandise related to the show last September is still available anywhere online?
Send a message to M'ville and see if you can
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

karat wrote: January 1, 2020 7:14 pmSend a message to M'ville and see if you can
I looked on the Mville website and on Ebay right after the show happened back in September and couldn't find any merchandise specific to that show anywhere. Only thing I could find was a T shirt with all the 2019 tour dates on it including that one, but there is one of those pretty much every year. Does anyone who actually attended the show remember if any merchandise really specific to that show was sold at the venue itself?
karat
Lester Polyester

Post by karat »

atmarler26 wrote: January 6, 2020 12:50 pm
karat wrote: January 1, 2020 7:14 pmSend a message to M'ville and see if you can
I looked on the Mville website and on Ebay right after the show happened back in September and couldn't find any merchandise specific to that show anywhere. Only thing I could find was a T shirt with all the 2019 tour dates on it including that one, but there is one of those pretty much every year. Does anyone who actually attended the show remember if any merchandise really specific to that show was sold at the venue itself?
All three cities were listed Dublin London Paris. For the 3 shirts I saw in dublin
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)