The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Possible Summer Update

Post by Finzup16 »

First let me say this, I do NOT claim to have any "inside" information. I do NOT have definitive answes and I AM NOT "in the know"
However, a family member works security at Jones Beach. He received 2 emails, first stating all scheduled shows WILL take place this summer.
The other is about the Buffett show taking place. They get separate notices on Jimmys shows because they obviously need extra security.

Again.... Take it for what it's worth
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Possible Summer Update

Post by lime rickie »

That sounds promising.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

I will not go to a limited capacity show wearing a mask in 90 degrees. That sounds like exactly the opposite of "escaping" with some Jimmy for the day lol.

Just my opinion - yours maybe different. I hope we are all back to some normalcy sooner than later.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

That does sound promising!
However I also partially agree with FinsUp6835. Don't care about the capacity but if I have to wear a mask, I will not be there.

But thank you for the info Finzup16!!
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

is it possible to keep unrelated people 6' apart or doesn't that apply to some states like it does here (even if outdoors)....
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

There's absolutely ZERO way to predict what's going to happen 6 months from now with this virus, let alone 2 weeks from now. Just make sure all y'alls plans are flexible.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Maybe the deciders will make proof of vaccination a requirement for entry?

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: February 7, 2021 4:28 pm Maybe the deciders will make proof of vaccination a requirement for entry?
Eh, I'm really not down for that...
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

tailgaitingph wrote: February 7, 2021 4:37 pm
lime rickie wrote: February 7, 2021 4:28 pm Maybe the deciders will make proof of vaccination a requirement for entry?
Amen, don't need someone asking for my papers.
Back to livin' Floridays
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: February 7, 2021 5:07 pm
As much as I want to see my peeps & a show, if that's the requirement, then I'll have to pass
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: February 7, 2021 5:09 pm
As much as I want to see my peeps & a show, if that's the requirement, then I'll have to pass
Completely agree.

Have seen it discussed in some forums as becoming a requirement for public travel, e.g. air, trains, bus, etc. Can't see how any of that would fly here. It's simply not manageable, how would that even happen on a subway, for example?

One physician at my job said that COVID will move from pandemic to endemic, meaning you would have to get a yearly vaccine, like with the flu. Which I never do anyway as I have very limited exposure, working from home, not really going much anywhere.

So much left to be determined, and vastly more people skeptical about a vaccine than willing to get one. Crazy times, phriends.

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: February 7, 2021 5:29 pm Completely agree.

Have seen it discussed in some forums as becoming a requirement for public travel, e.g. air, trains, bus, etc. Can't see how any of that would fly here. It's simply not manageable, how would that even happen on a subway, for example?

One physician at my job said that COVID will move from pandemic to endemic, meaning you would have to get a yearly vaccine, like with the flu. Which I never do anyway as I have very limited exposure, working from home, not really going much anywhere.

So much left to be determined, and vastly more people skeptical about a vaccine than willing to get one. Crazy times, phriends.
Really, really happy to hear you say that!! So many people I know want the shot just because 'they' say you should get it. There's way to many side effects that we won't know for a while for me to get it. I don't get the flu shot either tho...
I just don't want it to be a requirement for me to fly. If that's the case, then I'll get it, but not cuz I want to :evil:
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: February 7, 2021 5:50 pm
lime rickie wrote: February 7, 2021 5:29 pm Completely agree.

Really, really happy to hear you say that!! So many people I know want the shot just because 'they' say you should get it. There's way to many side effects that we won't know for a while for me to get it. I don't get the flu shot either tho...
I just don't want it to be a requirement for me to fly. If that's the case, then I'll get it, but not cuz I want to :evil:
Two cruise lines already announced it as a requirement. But I have never been on a cruise and never will so I didn't care when I saw that. When the airline speculation started I was bummed, but it just made me glad that we traveled earlier in life and might need to re-adjust our expectations. As WV noted above, too soon to even think about anything just yet.

But I am still glad for this update from Finzup16 because at least people are still thinking about these things and how to get life going again.

Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

Baseball said they will NOT go that route
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

lime rickie wrote: February 7, 2021 5:29 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: February 7, 2021 5:09 pm
Completely agree.

Dear lord............I would've thought by now people would be more educated on vaccines.

My heart hurts for the medical industry and the people who have to try to fight off misinformation.

Even before the covid pandemic...the reason the majority of people were suppose to get the flu shot was NOT FOR YOURSELF! Healthy people that are young never had to worry a ton about the flu......you got the shot to prevent yourself from SPREADING IT OTHER VULNERABLE PEOPLE.

come on were better than this as most parrotheads are smart people
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Kindly check yourself.

Nowhere did I suggest that vaccines are unnecessary. The discussion topic was whether or not it's manageable to tie COVID vaccination to tickets.

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Me neither.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

lime rickie wrote: February 7, 2021 5:29 pm One physician at my job said that COVID will move from pandemic to endemic, meaning you would have to get a yearly vaccine, like with the flu. Which I never do anyway, as I have very limited exposure, working from home, not really going much anywhere.
I like that move...
I never had a flu shot in my life until 2019 - only because I work in a hospital, and it's required.
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

I suspect that in the fullness of time, just like current influenza vaccines are an amalgam of vaccines for various strains, I think that the SARS/Covid vaccines will become part of those type of vaccines. So your yearly 'flu shot will also be your SARS/Covid shot too.

I know in these modern anti-science and confirmation bias prone times, the loons and self-proclaimed fonts of knowledge have gained a foot hold but please be cynical about such tripe, please.
vaccine research.jpg
vaccine research.jpg (79.21 KiB) Viewed 7716 times
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
requiem960
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (Now and Then)
Favorite Boat Drink: Torpedo Juice

Post by requiem960 »

msu#1 wrote: February 24, 2021 9:30 am
Dear lord............I would've thought by now people would be more educated on vaccines.

My heart hurts for the medical industry and the people who have to try to fight off misinformation.

Even before the covid pandemic...the reason the majority of people were suppose to get the flu shot was NOT FOR YOURSELF! Healthy people that are young never had to worry a ton about the flu......you got the shot to prevent yourself from SPREADING IT OTHER VULNERABLE PEOPLE.

come on were better than this as most parrotheads are smart people
Just saying, the COVID vaccine doesn't prevent you from catching the virus, nor does it protect you from spreading it. Hence why the masks are still shoved down everyone's throat. All the vaccine does is give you a chance at preventing or managing symptoms, "The mRNA-based Pfizer1, 2 and Moderna3 vaccines were shown to have 94–95% efficacy in preventing symptomatic COVID-19." At the core of it, the vaccine does nothing but help the recipient of it. And it makes no sense as to why anyone would care if someone chooses not to take it.

Regardless, I think what most people are saying isn't about being anti-vax. I think most people are saying they're against showing papers to prove it. My medical records are of no concern to anyone else. And that's my biggest issue.