Rumors Regarding the 2006 Tour

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

mermaidindisguise
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Lucky Stars
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Key Lime Pie By Z-Man!

Post by mermaidindisguise »

my kids are done in May - Jimmy's probably are too :lol:

Of course they go back Aug 8th - just in time for hurricanes... :roll:

I miss the old days... Most of June, July and August!!!

at this point - I will take any Buffett show I can get to in May or June - it would be great to have him close - but I will never complain about having to travel to see him - going to Wisconsin was the most fun Les and I had traveling to see him!!!!
:D
Nole Pirate
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Nole Pirate »

mermaidindisguise wrote:my kids are done in May - Jimmy's probably are too :lol:

at this point - I will take any Buffett show I can get to in May or June - it would be great to have him close - but I will never complain about having to travel to see him - going to Wisconsin was the most fun Les and I had traveling to see him!!!!
That might change. Their is a bill working its way through the state legislature to make school start no earlier than 7 days before Labor Day. So maybe end of August. Of course a boarding school doesn't have to follow that rule.
landlocked_pirate
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by landlocked_pirate »

Any news or rumors about the Carolinas dates? After the April dates were announced, the rumor mill slowed...
There are times I find myself with them
And times I feel as they do
We're on a similar course it's just a different source
But I'm in danger of extinction too
jonesbeach10
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Here Wish You Were Beautiful
Number of Concerts: 9
Location: Living with my feet in DC and my head in the cool blue north

Post by jonesbeach10 »

Nole Pirate wrote:
mermaidindisguise wrote:my kids are done in May - Jimmy's probably are too :lol:

That might change. Their is a bill working its way through the state legislature to make school start no earlier than 7 days before Labor Day. So maybe end of August. Of course a boarding school doesn't have to follow that rule.
Damn! That was always the best time to hit Disney for us Northerners because all the local kids went back to school in August and we didn't go back to school until after Labor Day.

Sometimes more than others,
we see who and what and where we are,
I'm just a one man band,
With my feet in the sand,
Tonight I just need my guitar
buffettphreak
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by buffettphreak »

landlocked_pirate wrote:Any news or rumors about the Carolinas dates? After the April dates were announced, the rumor mill slowed...
I am hearing that the April 13th date in Charlotte is a good one. Sounds like plans are well into the making for all involved. Indoors though is what I am hearing. :(
landlocked_pirate
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by landlocked_pirate »

The 13th would be great...indoors is still better than nothing... :D
I love the new arena in Charlotte, but there is no room for a great tailgate...
There are times I find myself with them
And times I feel as they do
We're on a similar course it's just a different source
But I'm in danger of extinction too
canes98

Post by canes98 »

Jimmy is playing the 2nd weekend of Jazz Fest in New Orleans. That's the first weekend of May.
OPHarbor

Post by OPHarbor »

Just trying to put some logic to it. Now that the Jazzfest has been confirmed, I would think that Bubba will continue to make his way east.
Dallas 4/28, NOLA 5/5-7, Maybe Tallahassee and/or JAX 5/9-5/11, Tampa 5/13, West Palm 5/18&20. Then its have a nice summer. The Kids'll be out and its a short flight to St. Somewhere! I got inside info on the Continental Drifter which I reeeaaaalllly can't give out
Scars are Tattoo's with better stories!
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

For the last few years he's only been going on the road for 2 weeks at a time. With the five shows out west, then Jazz Fest, that's 3 weekends in a row. I can't see him doing any other shows right after Jazz Fest. I'd say Memorial Day weekend/early June for the next leg of the tour, then the rest of June, all of July and most of August off before he starts up again.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
igator
Southeast of disorder

Post by igator »

OPHarbor wrote:Just trying to put some logic to it. Now that the Jazzfest has been confirmed, I would think that Bubba will continue to make his way east.
Dallas 4/28, NOLA 5/5-7, Maybe Tallahassee and/or JAX 5/9-5/11, Tampa 5/13, West Palm 5/18&20. Then its have a nice summer. The Kids'll be out and its a short flight to St. Somewhere! I got inside info on the Continental Drifter which I reeeaaaalllly can't give out
really can't see JB doing Tallahassee these days..all they have is that dank Leon Spinks Civic Center-- not exacty up to JB tour standards these days imo..
OPHarbor

Post by OPHarbor »

really can't see JB doing Tallahassee these days..all they have is that dank Leon Spinks Civic Center-- not exacty up to JB tour standards these days imo..
I'd agree, Tallawacki is pretty bad, but he did play there in '02 (I think?). My Sis-in-law was there, I think that Cap'n Tony was in attendance that night. He'd really be better off playing P'cola, close to home and a new.....OMG! I think the Civic center is over 20 years old now! I remember when it was new........I'm getting REALLY OLD!!! :roll: :oops: :lol:
Scars are Tattoo's with better stories!
Nole Pirate

Post by Nole Pirate »

OPHarbor wrote:
I'd agree, Tallawacki is pretty bad, but he did play there in '02 (I think?). My Sis-in-law was there, I think that Cap'n Tony was in attendance that night. He'd really be better off playing P'cola, close to home and a new.....OMG! I think the Civic center is over 20 years old now! I remember when it was new........I'm getting REALLY OLD!!! :roll: :oops: :lol:
He played Tally in 2001 I think, maybe it was 2002, but I think it was my last year at FSU. I would love for him to come back to Tally, but I am not holding out hope. Maybe he could play at Doak Campbell. :D
ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels

Post by ToplessRideFL »

Nole Pirate wrote:
He played Tally in 2001 I think, maybe it was 2002, but I think it was my last year at FSU. I would love for him to come back to Tally, but I am not holding out hope. Maybe he could play at Doak Campbell. :D

Welcome to BN Nole.... I am a Ladynole Parrothead ... just a wee bit behind ya on the alumni list..... :wink:

I saw him when I was in college...but he played Florida Field that year.... :roll:
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII
ABQkeet
Favorite Buffett Song: The captian and the kid, God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

who's going to the Dallas show with my mother?

Post by ABQkeet »

Hey everyone... This is ETP's (east texas parrorhead) son... Just wanted to see who was brave enough to go to the show with my mother.... I will be there. I heard that there were 30 or 40 of you brave enough to join me... let me know!!!! :D
"As for me, I am glad to have an extended family ready willing, and able to help others in a time of need."
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Re: who's going to the Dallas show with my mother?

Post by springparrot »

ABQkeet wrote:Hey everyone... This is ETP's (east texas parrorhead) son... Just wanted to see who was brave enough to go to the show with my mother.... I will be there. I heard that there were 30 or 40 of you brave enough to join me... let me know!!!! :D
Welcome ABQkeet.
Your Mom is great!
Hope I get to meet you in Dallas :D
Nole Pirate

Post by Nole Pirate »

ToplessRideFL wrote:
Nole Pirate wrote:

Welcome to BN Nole.... I am a Ladynole Parrothead ... just a wee bit behind ya on the alumni list..... :wink:

I saw him when I was in college...but he played Florida Field that year.... :roll:
Good to meet you.
igator
Southeast of disorder

Post by igator »

Nole Pirate wrote:
ToplessRideFL wrote:
Nole Pirate wrote:

Good to meet you.
ya'll did know that JB was a Spurrier fan, right? Refers to him as a 'hero' of his.. Click on "Time Loves a Hero" at this link--> http://www.jimmydreamz.com/audio.html from the 2005 Columbia, SC show--cheers :)

Nole Pirate

Post by Nole Pirate »

igator wrote:
Nole Pirate wrote:
ToplessRideFL wrote:
Nole Pirate wrote:

Good to meet you.
ya'll did know that JB was a Spurrier fan, right? Refers to him as a 'hero' of his.. Click on "Time Loves a Hero" at this link--> http://www.jimmydreamz.com/audio.html from the 2005 Columbia, SC show--cheers :)

Now he is a hero of South Carolina fans everywhere. :D
cowboyjunkie
Half-baked cookies in the oven

Post by cowboyjunkie »

Nole Pirate wrote:
OPHarbor wrote:
Saw him in the early 90's at the Leon CCC. His final encore was an acoustic, solo rendition of "Death Of An Unpopular Poet" which remains one of my best FSU and Buffett memories.

Go Noles!
Caribbean Soul Man
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Reggae Accident
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: 10 Cane Rum on ice

Post by Caribbean Soul Man »

cowboyjunkie wrote:Saw him in the early 90's at the Leon CCC. His final encore was an acoustic, solo rendition of "Death Of An Unpopular Poet" which remains one of my best FSU and Buffett memories.
excellent! 8) gotta love it when you get a present like that
you can't lay on the beach and drink rum all day if you don't start in the morning 8)

...I'm just tryin' to get by, being quiet and shy, in this world full of pushin' and shove...