Rumors Regarding the 2006 Tour

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

tequilatom
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by tequilatom »

ParrotHeadDeb wrote:Was just listening to RM (Miles Hampton) & Jimmy called in. Said he would definitely be doing concerts in April, but didnt say where. Also said he was planning to take summer off because the kids would be going to boarding school in the fall. Jimmy was 10 mi off Delray Beach swordfishing, but not having much luck. Is the programming live? Miles did say "Jimmy live..." ???
So when will he tour.....april to mid june...than start up again in mid sept??
buffettphreak
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by buffettphreak »

I just moved to the Charlotte area and I was hoping he comes here more often than he did to Birmingham - which was HARDLY ever!!! I always had to drive to ATL for a concert. I just don't do the indoor concerts - they don't sound as good and the tailgating stinks, literally - especially if it's in a parking deck! :pirate:
I just hope they get the dates posted soon - I was 9 months or so pregnant for the concerts last year and on bed rest - so I am ready to go this year!!!!

Come on CHARLOTTE - outside if you please!
Nole Pirate
I need two more boat drinks

Post by Nole Pirate »

I hope he comes back to Tally (although I doubt it), no matter what, I will be at a concert this year.
MikeInNOLA
Fruitcake

Post by MikeInNOLA »

buffettphreak wrote: I was 9 months or so pregnant for the concerts last year and on bed rest - so I am ready to go this year!!!!
Was that 9 months after your previous concert? :o

Glad to hear you had better planning this year! :wink:
Mike Billings
Repatriated Louisianian!

- - -
ImageImageImage
Y-NO-9-O
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 60
Location: Wish I was: 24:33:38.905N 81:48:22.910W (but getting closer)

Post by Y-NO-9-O »

goodtime_mo wrote:jsammerman...the deal about Pittsburgh has been out for almost two weeks. You're a little behind...
As of today, the ticket brokers I have checked no longer have this show listed.
buffettphreak
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by buffettphreak »

MikeInNOLA wrote:
buffettphreak wrote: I was 9 months or so pregnant for the concerts last year and on bed rest - so I am ready to go this year!!!!

No actually it was 9 months after my 40th birthday - and there was no planning involved - just a lot of rum and cokes. The birthday I wanted to forget will now be the one I can never forget. But it's all worth it now!

Anybody hearing anything credible about Charlotte??
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

buffettphreak wrote:
MikeInNOLA wrote:

No actually it was 9 months after my 40th birthday - and there was no planning involved - just a lot of rum and cokes. The birthday I wanted to forget will now be the one I can never forget. But it's all worth it now!

Anybody hearing anything credible about Charlotte??
a)
o/ a short nine months later \o
o/ a permanent reminder, of a temporary feeeee-ling \o

b) she is doing fine. Getting ready to put on the biggest Phlocking in Lower Alabama. :)
Piratetroy40+

Buffett April Tour dates

Post by Piratetroy40+ »

:D Buffett is playing at the Shoreline in the SF Bay Area on April 18th. I have a business and buy Corona through Barton Beers and I was contacted yesterday about tickets(we have a bus load of 30+ each for concert). I don't know when it will be posted or when the tickets go on sale, but April 18th in SF.
Fins should always lean to the right & the 40+ is my age not waist size.
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Re: Buffett April Tour dates

Post by BahamaBreeze »

Piratetroy40+ wrote::D Buffett is playing at the Shoreline in the SF Bay Area on April 18th. I have a business and buy Corona through Barton Beers and I was contacted yesterday about tickets(we have a bus load of 30+ each for concert). I don't know when it will be posted or when the tickets go on sale, but April 18th in SF.
So much for these dates then..

April 11 - Columbia, SC
April 13 - Charlotte, NC

...or he would fly from the east coast ot the west in a week?
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

BahamaBreeze wrote:
Piratetroy40+ wrote::D Buffett is playing at the Shoreline in the SF Bay Area on April 18th. I have a business and buy Corona through Barton Beers and I was contacted yesterday about tickets(we have a bus load of 30+ each for concert). I don't know when it will be posted or when the tickets go on sale, but April 18th in SF.

April 11 - Columbia, SC
April 13 - Charlotte, NC

He might for an April 22nd movie premiere in LA. :wink:
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Shoreline will be a little Chilly in April..
habourgirl
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Habour
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by habourgirl »

all i'm gonna say is that a very reliable source (and those who know me know it's reliable!) told me not to put any faith into any confirmed dated even with a contact with corona until it's offical and on the website.. There was an alleged date in February booked back in late December that never pulled through. So don't get your panties in a bunch until it's a published date. anything can happen.
Piratetroy40+

Post by Piratetroy40+ »

April is a little chilly in the SF area but Buffett is always shorts, tanks, etc weather and my money is on April 18th SF. I saw him at the Fillmore (the picture you see on this website ), for a benefit. We were 20 feet away, we're spoiled now. Tuesday at the Shorline see you there.
Fins should always lean to the right & the 40+ is my age not waist size.
zydecoldsmobile
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 101

Post by zydecoldsmobile »

Piratetroy40+ wrote:April is a little chilly in the SF area but Buffett is always shorts, tanks, etc weather and my money is on April 18th SF. I saw him at the Fillmore (the picture you see on this website ), for a benefit. We were 20 feet away, we're spoiled now. Tuesday at the Shorline see you there.
When the subject is Jimmy in concert, always trust the Corona (Barton Beers) connection...

Sign me up for the bus! 8)
"just put it on the coconut telegraph"
PawleysIslandSC

Latest Rumor Mill re: Tour

Post by PawleysIslandSC »

Found this info on Jimmydreamz.com.

Jimmy Buffett has stated that the 2006 tour will kick off in mid to late April, all of the information we have received lately points to the tour starting out West with shows in Vegas and possibly Irvine to name a few. We anticipate two shows in the LA area and both could be at Irvine. JB plans to fire up the second leg of this tour in mid to late August as he will be taking the summer off to spend with his kids. Stay tuned right here for the latest tour information.

And this from music.monstersandcritics.com

Music News

Jimmy Buffett to take the summer off
Feb 3, 2006, 0:57 GMT
printer friendly email this article

KEY WEST, FL, United States (UPI) -- Parrotheads -- otherwise known as fans of singer Jimmy Buffett -- will be disappointed to learn Buffett has decided to take this summer off from touring.

Buffett told Radio Margaritaville this is the final summer before his children go into boarding school 'so I`m gonna travel with them and work the spring and the fall.'

Buffett said he was in the process of 'firming up a few dates' for the spring, Billboard.com reported.
bumper
At the Bama Breeze

Post by bumper »

I am thinking Irvine, two shows, late April..yeah baby
--------------------------------------------------------
Image There is no place like Cabo in the winter
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Really going to miss not being in Florida for a Buffett show this April- I'm going through tailgating withdrawls!!! Bought a house- saving all the extra $ I can!!!!
jhamel
Gypsies in the palace
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by jhamel »

BahamaBreeze wrote:

April 11 - Columbia, SC
April 13 - Charlotte, NC

Also so much for the April 17 Jacksonville.

I got an email from Robin Timothy
Assistant General Manager
Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
who says there is no concert for Jimmy in Jacksonville set. She says she is still trying.
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

jhamel wrote:
BahamaBreeze wrote:

April 11 - Columbia, SC
April 13 - Charlotte, NC

Also so much for the April 17 Jacksonville.

I got an email from Robin Timothy
Assistant General Manager
Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
who says there is no concert for Jimmy in Jacksonville set. She says she is still trying.
Good idea...let me email Columbia...like they will tell me. I am on the presell list, but Buffett has never been offered as far as tickets...just the "beer garden" before the show. :D :D
Buffett PHan

Post by Buffett PHan »

Hey Bahama,

Maybe you could let us know about any presale for the "beer garden" prior to the show??? I don't have a greenthumb.....but I can do a beer garden.