Ticket Question

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

TXFAN

Ticket Question

Post by TXFAN »

I have been to a number of Buffett concerts and always purchased lawn tickets. How does one go about getting tickets in the front rows? I have tried but they are always sold out prior to tickets officialy go on sale. Thanks.

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Re: Ticket Question

Post by springparrot »

TXFAN wrote:I have been to a number of Buffett concerts and always purchased lawn tickets. How does one go about getting tickets in the front rows? I have tried but they are always sold out prior to tickets officialy go on sale. Thanks.
Good luck!

where are you in TX?

East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Tonight I Just Need My Guitar *and* Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by East Texas Parrothead »

TXFAN wrote:I have been to a number of Buffett concerts and always purchased lawn tickets. How does one go about getting tickets in the front rows? I have tried but they are always sold out prior to tickets officialy go on sale. Thanks.
I've always heard those tix go to sponsors and PHC's. . . Kills me to see people who come in 1/2 an hour into the show and leave at itermission sitting in those chairs! The operative word there is "sitting." :D
Gentilly ... 42 years is a long time to wait .... a Northeast Texas woman can hope.
My love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.

tryin' to reason
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by tryin' to reason »

East Texas Parrothead wrote:
I've always heard those tix go to sponsors and PHC's. . . Kills me to see people who come in 1/2 an hour into the show and leave at itermission sitting in those chairs! The operative word there is "sitting." :D
WAIT!!!

Didn't most everyone agree that Jimmy's tours are a "bidness", and he (and the promoters) can do what they want???

I'm s-o-o-o-o confused!!

:wink: 8) :pirate:
We'll party just like Bubba does,
We'll do the Old Man proud!

kminsa
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

The front row seats do NOT go to Parrot Head Clubs!!!!!

Post by kminsa »

I thought the same thing BEFORE I joined a PHC, figuring his "official" fans would get the best seats. But not true. The concert I went to in Dallas was tickets from PHiP, and we were like 40 rows back, almost to the lawn. I asked the person at PHiP about it in 2003, and she basically said quit whining, be glad JB sets aside tickets for the Parrotheads so we don't have to stand in line for the Ticketbastard tickets.

Now, we just have to wait to see which PH Clubs in the area get tickets, and how many.

Party_crossin_her_fingers_and_toes
You only have 2 options, havin fun or freakin out. Parrotheads choose HAVIN PHUN!!!!!

springparrot
Last Man Standing

Re: The front row seats do NOT go to Parrot Head Clubs!!!!!

Post by springparrot »

kminsa wrote:I thought the same thing BEFORE I joined a PHC, figuring his "official" fans would get the best seats. But not true. The concert I went to in Dallas was tickets from PHiP, and we were like 40 rows back, almost to the lawn. I asked the person at PHiP about it in 2003, and she basically said quit whining, be glad JB sets aside tickets for the Parrotheads so we don't have to stand in line for the Ticketbastard tickets.

Now, we just have to wait to see which PH Clubs in the area get tickets, and how many.

ETP and us went to the Woodlands show a few years ago and got HPHC tickets.
We were in the last rows that were not covered, but were considered pavilion. Not the best seats, but at least we had seats. :D

East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing

springparrot wrote:
kminsa wrote:I thought the same thing BEFORE I joined a PHC, figuring his "official" fans would get the best seats. But not true. The concert I went to in Dallas was tickets from PHiP, and we were like 40 rows back, almost to the lawn. I asked the person at PHiP about it in 2003, and she basically said quit whining, be glad JB sets aside tickets for the Parrotheads so we don't have to stand in line for the Ticketbastard tickets.

We were in the last rows that were not covered, but were considered pavilion. Not the best seats, but at least we had seats. :D
We had seats and a very good time! :D :D :D :D
Gentilly ... 42 years is a long time to wait .... a Northeast Texas woman can hope.

East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing

tryin' to reason wrote:
WAIT!!!

Didn't most everyone agree that Jimmy's tours are a "bidness", and he (and the promoters) can do what they want???

I'm s-o-o-o-o confused!!

:wink: 8) :pirate:
I didn't say I had a problem with giving the tix to sponsors and PHC.

What kills me is that a lot of the people who "get the good seats down front" don't seem to "get" Bubba's music. :roll:

springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

springparrot wrote:

We had seats and a very good time! :D :D :D :D
And we got these pics :lol:
http://www.buffettfan.net/gallery/thumb ... p?album=60
Thanks to Terry :wink:

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Detailed instructions..

Find a scalper.
hold them up

springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

ragtopW wrote:
Detailed instructions..

Find a scalper.
hold them up
or find scalper and throw $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at him. :roll:

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

springparrot wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
Detailed instructions..

Find a scalper.
hold them up

more fun my way... :P and you might find some beer money in their
pockets too.. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :D :D

rustynail11
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by rustynail11 »

Luck of the draw and a good cashier pulling tickets from Ticketmaster. the last 3 times Buffett has played Smirnoff in Dallas I have been in the front row once and 2nd row twice (these are the rows that you can acutally buy tickets for there are usually 3 or 4 rows in front of that are not available to the generla public). Each time I bought my tickets at the Tickemaster counter at Foleys. I have been first in line and got real lucky. Hopefully i will have the same luck this year.
"there is no such thing as bad beer, only misunderstood"

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

ragtopW wrote:
springparrot wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
Detailed instructions..

Find a scalper.
hold them up

hmmmmmmmmmm.....sounds like fun to me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

citcat wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
springparrot wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
Detailed instructions..

Find a scalper.
hold them up

Remember Linda, Molly has not met me ..

springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

ragtopW wrote:
citcat wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
springparrot wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
Detailed instructions..

Find a scalper.
hold them up

Remember Linda, Molly has not met me ..
YET :wink:

So TXFAN--you go to Foley's??
I might have to try that.
Not so much luck at Krogers. :cry: