Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Florida! Florida!

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Post Reply
MobileTikiBar
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Posts: 769
Joined: July 17, 2006 11:32 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Orlando, Florida
Contact:

Florida! Florida!

Post by MobileTikiBar » July 25, 2006 11:31 pm

*chanting* Florida! Florida! Florida! */chanting*

I'm ready for a concert! (oh, and the pre-concert party)

:D

Has anyone ever heard if JB does impromptu visits/concerts at either Key West MVille or Orlando MVille? I hadn't heard of this, but wouldn't be surprised if it has happened.

-adrian

igator
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 97
Joined: January 21, 2005 8:58 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: NOFLA

Post by igator » July 28, 2006 11:42 am

Exactly! What the H is the deal? No FLA?

Tom Petty plays FL in Sept/Oct and tix already went on sale last week..which leads me to believe that w/ the small amount of a lead-time left to announce something, that there probably won't be any Buffett shows in FL this Fall..

However, it sets up well for shows in Winter/Spring 2007..

CapnK
Hoot!
Posts: 2011
Joined: July 6, 2006 8:48 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: West Palm Beach

Post by CapnK » July 28, 2006 12:05 pm

the apocalypse is near!!!

:pirate: :pirate:
Telling myself the same lies that I told myself back home

land_shark3
Here We Are
Posts: 9804
Joined: April 6, 2004 4:03 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Halfway here or halfway gone?

Post by land_shark3 » July 28, 2006 12:08 pm

After last summer's weather, would you really schedule a concert down there? :P
It's your world, I'm just living in it! :pirate:

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels
Posts: 17798
Joined: January 9, 2005 9:34 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Phlocking with BN'rs in Tampa Bay!
Contact:

Post by ToplessRideFL » July 28, 2006 12:09 pm

land_shark3 wrote:After last summer's weather, would you really schedule a concert down there? :P
Its not like we roll up the state and wait for winter down here...... :wink:
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53938
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing
Contact:

Post by RinglingRingling » July 28, 2006 12:26 pm

ToplessRideFL wrote:
land_shark3 wrote:After last summer's weather, would you really schedule a concert down there? :P
Its not like we roll up the state and wait for winter down here...... :wink:
you don't? I always heard that after you get the last Canadian tourist safely over the border on I-95, there is a collective sigh and waving of the bird... :D

12vmanRick
Here We Are
Posts: 9708
Joined: July 16, 2003 11:46 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum
Location: Crazy is becoming my new norm
Contact:

Post by 12vmanRick » July 28, 2006 2:06 pm

ToplessRideFL wrote:
land_shark3 wrote:After last summer's weather, would you really schedule a concert down there? :P
Its not like we roll up the state and wait for winter down here...... :wink:
i know what you do roll up down there :D
When they run you out of town make it look like you are leading the parade.

NorthernConch
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3125
Joined: November 2, 2005 8:41 pm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by NorthernConch » July 28, 2006 4:07 pm

RinglingRingling wrote:
ToplessRideFL wrote:
land_shark3 wrote:After last summer's weather, would you really schedule a concert down there? :P
Its not like we roll up the state and wait for winter down here...... :wink:
you don't? I always heard that after you get the last Canadian tourist safely over the border on I-95, there is a collective sigh and waving of the bird... :D
once the canadians leave they still have to deal with all the folks from ohio on vacation. Which, it seems, is just about the whole state of Ohio
Image


Donated a kidney - 12/7/06

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels
Posts: 17798
Joined: January 9, 2005 9:34 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Phlocking with BN'rs in Tampa Bay!
Contact:

Post by ToplessRideFL » July 28, 2006 4:25 pm

NorthernConch wrote:
once the canadians leave they still have to deal with all the folks from ohio on vacation. Which, it seems, is just about the whole state of Ohio

My FIL became a snowbird a few years ago.... and bought into a retirement mobil home community..... before the month of December was over.... he met 10 couples from his COUNTY in Ohio! Its like a town reunion.. :roll: So now every year McConnelsville Ohio becomes Zypherhills Florida from November to April..... :roll:
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII

barbieann
I have found me a home
Posts: 157
Joined: February 20, 2005 4:56 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Creola
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: ParrotBay on the rocks..
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Post by barbieann » July 31, 2006 9:10 pm

I'm predicting a fall tour..... 8)

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels
Posts: 17798
Joined: January 9, 2005 9:34 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Phlocking with BN'rs in Tampa Bay!
Contact:

Post by ToplessRideFL » July 31, 2006 11:37 pm

barbieann wrote:I'm predicting a fall tour..... 8)
Works for me..... :wink:
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII

jbirdbuc
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 216
Joined: May 9, 2005 10:00 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller LITE, margarita rocks NO SALT
Location: Lake Hartwell, GA

Post by jbirdbuc » August 1, 2006 11:11 am

ToplessRideFL wrote:
barbieann wrote:I'm predicting a fall tour..... 8)
Works for me..... :wink:

Hey Topless!!!

Fall tour is looking pretty iffy, If fall doesn't work then I am hoping for a Feb show in Tampa or a show right after gasparilla. That would be fun, huh!?!
"Live a lie and you will live to regret it...,that's what living is to me."

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels
Posts: 17798
Joined: January 9, 2005 9:34 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Phlocking with BN'rs in Tampa Bay!
Contact:

Post by ToplessRideFL » August 1, 2006 11:29 am

jbirdbuc wrote:
ToplessRideFL wrote:
barbieann wrote:I'm predicting a fall tour..... 8)
Works for me..... :wink:

Hey Topless!!!

Fall tour is looking pretty iffy, If fall doesn't work then I am hoping for a Feb show in Tampa or a show right after gasparilla. That would be fun, huh!?!
I still am holding out for late October...or right after MOTM..... :D He'll have a new album out dont forget......

Although I have had several Birthday month shows in Feb... so I am OK with that too! 8)
Last edited by ToplessRideFL on August 1, 2006 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII

carolinagirl
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4808
Joined: January 14, 2003 2:01 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: mohito
Location: South Georgia
Contact:

Post by carolinagirl » August 1, 2006 11:32 am

My money is on February... like he did in 2001. We saw him that year in Tallahassee, but the sound was so bad I doubt he's ever going back there.
Image

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels
Posts: 17798
Joined: January 9, 2005 9:34 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Phlocking with BN'rs in Tampa Bay!
Contact:

Post by ToplessRideFL » August 1, 2006 11:32 am

carolinagirl wrote:My money is on February... like he did in 2001. We saw him that year in Tallahassee, but the sound was so bad I doubt he's ever going back there.
I would say that is a gimmee.... :wink:
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII

jbirdbuc
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 216
Joined: May 9, 2005 10:00 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller LITE, margarita rocks NO SALT
Location: Lake Hartwell, GA

Post by jbirdbuc » August 1, 2006 11:55 am

ToplessRideFL wrote:
jbirdbuc wrote:
ToplessRideFL wrote:
barbieann wrote:I'm predicting a fall tour..... 8)
Works for me..... :wink:

Hey Topless!!!

Fall tour is looking pretty iffy, If fall doesn't work then I am hoping for a Feb show in Tampa or a show right after gasparilla. That would be fun, huh!?!
I still am holding out for late October...or right after MOTM..... :D He'll have a new album out dont forget......

Although I have had several Birthday month shows in Feb... so I am OK with that too! 8)

Ok, maybe late october or november. At this point, I just want some florida dates, whether its fall 2006 or winter 2007!!!
"Live a lie and you will live to regret it...,that's what living is to me."

igator
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 97
Joined: January 21, 2005 8:58 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: NOFLA

Post by igator » August 1, 2006 12:53 pm

jbirdbuc wrote:
ToplessRideFL wrote:
jbirdbuc wrote:
ToplessRideFL wrote:
barbieann wrote:I'm predicting a fall tour..... 8)
Works for me..... :wink:

Hey Topless!!!

Fall tour is looking pretty iffy, If fall doesn't work then I am hoping for a Feb show in Tampa or a show right after gasparilla. That would be fun, huh!?!
I still am holding out for late October...or right after MOTM..... :D He'll have a new album out dont forget......

Although I have had several Birthday month shows in Feb... so I am OK with that too! 8)

Ok, maybe late october or november. At this point, I just want some florida dates, whether its fall 2006 or winter 2007!!!
That would be nice but you can be reasonably sure that there would have been an announcement by now. The arenas/venues are booked up well in advance-- so it's unlikely Buffett's management could just come in and secure dates in FL venues @ a moments notice.

Also, there is usually some 'chatter' if a venue has a date in the works-- especially one with the magnitude of JB.. However, February sounds about right on schedule-- with an announcement sometime this Fall..


....

fruitcks
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Posts: 306
Joined: May 31, 2006 10:52 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Tampa

Post by fruitcks » August 1, 2006 1:06 pm

I have heard "through a reputable grapevine" that he will end this tour in Key West. Who knows, but it is fun to speculate :D

Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Posts: 2764
Joined: January 19, 2005 3:53 pm
Number of Concerts: 62
Location: South Florida
Contact:

Post by Finsupinfla » August 1, 2006 7:52 pm

The rumor mill has been dry down here. There have been some saying that he will play in Miami, and they are waiting for the Heat schedule to be released. They have no Saturday night home games scheduled in November. Maybe then?
ImageImage
Image
All my girls!!!

Big Phan
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6420
Joined: February 29, 2004 12:50 pm

Post by Big Phan » August 1, 2006 10:46 pm

NorthernConch wrote: once the canadians leave they still have to deal with all the folks from ohio on vacation. Which, it seems, is just about the whole state of Ohio
Hey...I resemble that remark!! :lol: :wink:

Post Reply