Florida! Florida!

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

PEI Parrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by PEI Parrothead »

Does anyone know if there are any presales on the Tampa show. And does he usually sell out immediately in Tampa?

Cheers from PEI
Lindasue
Nibblin' on sponge cake

what do you know about Ford Amphitheater

Post by Lindasue »

What do you know about this venue in terms of food and especially drink? Anything besides beer to drink for us adult PHs?
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

PEI Parrothead wrote:Does anyone know if there are any presales on the Tampa show. And does he usually sell out immediately in Tampa?

Cheers from PEI
All the Florida USUALLY sell out in a short amount of time. But I've found it's normally not a problem if you only try to buy one or two tickets under "best available." (That's pretty much the norm for every concert).
And, as always, tickets are always available in the parking lot for pretty close to face value. I had the opportunity to buy a front row ticket in the center section at the Alpine concert back in June AN HOUR BEFORE CONCERT TIME.
Your best bet is to just try for one or two of whatever section is available. If you need more than that, it's probably best to have "other sources" working for you.
As for pre-sales, they're usually only available for the scalpers. who sugar coat their identity by referring to themselves as "ticket brokers."
Good luck.
And give my love to everyone in Charlottetown, Summerside, Tignish, Souris, Stellerton, Georgetown, Murray Harbour, and Alberton. :D
Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos

Re: what do you know about Ford Amphitheater

Post by Brown Eyed Girl »

Lindasue wrote:What do you know about this venue in terms of food and especially drink? Anything besides beer to drink for us adult PHs?
From the venue website: Concessions

The Ford Amphitheatre offers a wide variety of food and beverage for the enjoyment of our guests including Deluxe Hamburgers, Nathan"s Famous Hot Dogs, Cubans, Nachos, Carvel Ice Cream, Starbucks Coffee, soft drinks and a wide variety of ice cold beer and frosty cocktails.

Expect them to be pricey, that's pretty much a given.
chessie372
Nibblin' on sponge cake

florida JB

Post by chessie372 »

He is going to be in the tampa and west palm beach area

Two Florida shows have now been confirmed by TicketMaster and
Margaritaville.com

November 14, 2006 - Sound Advice Amphitheatre - West Palm Beach, FL
On sale: Mon, 09/25/06 at 10:00 AM
US $36.00 - US $126.00

November 16, 2006 - Ford Amphitheatre - Tampa, FL
On sale: Mon, 09/25/06 at 10:00 AM
US $36.00 - US $126.00

This is straight from the buffettt news .com
PEI Parrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by PEI Parrothead »

Wino you know wrote:
PEI Parrothead wrote:Does anyone know if there are any presales on the Tampa show. And does he usually sell out immediately in Tampa?

Cheers from PEI
All the Florida USUALLY sell out in a short amount of time. But I've found it's normally not a problem if you only try to buy one or two tickets under "best available." (That's pretty much the norm for every concert).
And, as always, tickets are always available in the parking lot for pretty close to face value. I had the opportunity to buy a front row ticket in the center section at the Alpine concert back in June AN HOUR BEFORE CONCERT TIME.
Your best bet is to just try for one or two of whatever section is available. If you need more than that, it's probably best to have "other sources" working for you.
As for pre-sales, they're usually only available for the scalpers. who sugar coat their identity by referring to themselves as "ticket brokers."
Good luck.
And give my love to everyone in Charlottetown, Summerside, Tignish, Souris, Stellerton, Georgetown, Murray Harbour, and Alberton. :D

Thanks for the info...I've officially booked Monday off work now, as I'll be fighting for four tickets under the roof. The only other chance I had to see JB was at Great Woods, but only from the lawn, and given the debauchery that that venue is known to harbour, I figured my kids weren't quite ready for that kind of "sex ed class." My fins are crossed.

In the event that only lawn seats are left how bad would it be for 10 and 8 year old in Tampa?

Your sense of geography is great, I'm actually in Summerside.

Cheers from PEI
ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels

Post by ToplessRideFL »

PEI Parrothead wrote:

In the event that only lawn seats are left how bad would it be for 10 and 8 year old in Tampa?

no different than the lawn any other place.... :wink:

and we should be rain free that time of year.... :D
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII
mermaidindisguise
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Lucky Stars
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Key Lime Pie By Z-Man!

Post by mermaidindisguise »

there was a couple who did it in the 8th row at jimmy's Ice Palace show 2/03..... Be prepared to do "earmuffs" or "eyepatch???" at some point - you never know... Great woods lawn was horrible - there was no grass!!! it was dirt... Tampa lawn is like West Palm - I would probably look for other keets when taking your "seat" And I wouldn't sit where it might be a "path" - that was my biggestfear - was that they would get stepped on.

I think if your kids can handle crowds and like his music you should be fine. We could all sit together (lawn BN'ers and form a protective circle around them....lol)
fruitcks
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by fruitcks »

I have to agree with the posts above. The lawn is not a place for keets. Too much potential for issues. My guess is the show will sell out in 15 minutes. Good luck, fortunately we have access to the VIP box this year and tickets are pre reserved for the owners.
OystersandBeer
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast is Clear (Gulf Coast Version)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by OystersandBeer »

What's the ticket limit?
z-man
Here We Are

Post by z-man »

OystersandBeer wrote:What's the ticket limit?
Limit has been six so far this season, these shows will probably be the same.
Living my life...
One Tropical Day at a Time!

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

PEI Parrothead wrote:Your sense of geography is great, I'm actually in Summerside.

Cheers from PEI
As Jimmy once said-"Without geography, you're nowhere."

Anyway, I have relatives just across the Northumberland Strait from you.
(In Pictou, Truro, and Londonderry, N.S.).
PEI Parrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by PEI Parrothead »

Wino you know wrote:
PEI Parrothead wrote:Your sense of geography is great, I'm actually in Summerside.

Cheers from PEI
As Jimmy once said-"Without geography, you're nowhere."

Anyway, I have relatives just across the Northumberland Strait from you.
(In Pictou, Truro, and Londonderry, N.S.).

It's a small world.
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

PEI Parrothead wrote:
Wino you know wrote:

Cheers from PEI
Good luck.

Thanks for the info...I've officially booked Monday off work now, as I'll be fighting for four tickets under the roof. The only other chance I had to see JB was at Great Woods, but only from the lawn, and given the debauchery that that venue is known to harbour, I figured my kids weren't quite ready for that kind of "sex ed class." My fins are crossed.

Your sense of geography is great, I'm actually in Summerside.

Cheers from PEI
come on... kids on farms know about that stuff at a much younger age than yours.. :D
OPHarbor
I need two more boat drinks

Post by OPHarbor »

Just for everyones information, it is now LEGAL to scalp tickets in Florda!
Not that any Parrothead would do such a thing, but in my estimation, any big show will get the "entrepreneur's" out. People only looking to profit. So try to get your duckets early.
Scars are Tattoo's with better stories!
GIRLIE
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by GIRLIE »

We had VIP seats last year at the Amphitheatre for the Buffett concert, they were awesome. I wouldn't mind sitting on the lawn, just as long as we have tickets :D

Actually I got to see him twice last year - the second time was in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand (great birthday present 8) )
BFA
Southeast of disorder

Post by BFA »

8)
Men and Lawyers are land sharks...FINS UP!
Florida Fin

Ticket Prices!!

Post by Florida Fin »

Is anyone else out there totally blown away by the ticket prices on this tour??? I have been a PH for at least 28 years, starting with my first JB concert in 1978. And I've been to his concerts 10 times since 1994, so you know I'm for real here. But the ticket price jumped over 58% since his last show in Tampa in Feb 2005. What gives??!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but my company (major TV research/marketing firm) only allows 3% raises each year. Most folks I know are in a similar boat. Is JB trying to price himself out of the concert market? The "common fin" won't be able to afford him anymore.
piratelooksat35

Post by piratelooksat35 »

I agree. Maybe there soon will be Margaritaville Mortgage co. so all of us can mortgage ticket pices so we can go. But, I shelled out my cash this time already. :-?
Mother, Mother Ocean I have heard you call...
fruitcks
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by fruitcks »

The seats are high but the lawn is still a good deal!